• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys weren't kidding when you said the non tankōbon art work is bad/lazy. Holy crap this is almost unreadable (at the fight between Gon and the Bomb Devil)

upandaway

You guys weren't kidding when you said the non tankōbon art work is bad/lazy. Holy crap this is almost unreadable (at the fight between Gon and the Bomb Devil)
Um wait what.

You know the volume fixes have better, cleaner scanlations than the weekly chapters, right? Why are you reading those?

I see you get to that part lol . (Vol art much better )
Togashi got nothing to worry about he now rolling in that HxH movie money .

Um wait what.

You know the volume fixes have better, cleaner scanlations than the weekly chapters, right? Why are you reading those?

I'm mostly reading these at work via an app on my phone and I'm not sure where it pulls them from.

Edit: Holy shit Gon really lost his hand O.O!

upandaway

I'm mostly reading these at work via an app on my phone and I'm not sure where it pulls them from.
That's really unfortunate. Please don't do that man, it hurts to see. Even if it means to only read HxH at home, that's just wrong :( besides, it's more enjoyable to read something as good as HxH in comfort.

Also, you won't be able to read the text on that small screen with the kind of explanations you'll get in the next arc. Some pages have more text than art. I couldn't stand it on a tablet.

Any answer that is not Arlong Park or Water 7 arc is a lie!

Skypiea was the best written arc by no small margin, had the best Luffy fight and the best flashback while having more active threads than most of the other arcs. But 6 months after it ended, people couldn't stop bitching about bububu no powerups fuck you oda where's my angel crewmate bullshit. Just goes to show you how short the attention spans of One Piece fans are.

What part of Thriller Bark did you like exactly?

HELP ME

HELP ME SOGEKING

That's really unfortunate. Please don't do that man, it hurts to see. Even if it means to only read HxH at home, that's just wrong :( besides, it's more enjoyable to read something as good as HxH in comfort.

Also, you won't be able to read the text on that small screen with the kind of explanations you'll get in the next arc. Some pages have more text than art. I couldn't stand it on a tablet.

I'm marking down what chapters I've read of god awful quality or "what NENsense is this" and reading them on my computer at home. I work at McDonalds and they constantly put me in back cash (person who takes orders and money for drive thru) so I have a lot of time I just spend standing around bored so it's the perfect time to read manga.

Ten chapters in and no one else is reading this...its really good.

Hungry Joker 10
tumblr_mh7d7yxtCD1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Haiji still really good and I like Nils. I wonder what other people from white joker we'll meet as we go on and what is Kild's crew doing. I guess that wont be addressed soon unless there is no tie in to that group with this witch mini arc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Skypiea was the best written arc by no small margin, had the best Luffy fight and the best flashback while having more active threads than most of the other arcs. But 6 months after it ended, people couldn't stop bitching about bububu no powerups fuck you oda where's my angel crewmate bullshit. Just goes to show you how short the attention spans of One Piece fans are.

HELP ME

HELP ME SOGEKING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFQrw4iFfoQ&t=2m20s

Stinky

Ten chapters in and no one else is reading this...its really good.

Hungry Joker 10
tumblr_mh7d7yxtCD1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Haiji still really good and I like Nils. I wonder what other people from white joker we'll meet as we go on and what is Kild's crew doing. I guess that wont be addressed soon unless there is no tie in to that group with this witch mini arc.

I'm reading it. The concept is cool but its kind of boring.

Waiting for Hungry Joker to be axed, don't want to waste my time with it like I did with Sensei No Bulge.

Sensei No Bulge was kind of terrible though. I was surprised Takagamahara was consistently the worst ranked, I thought it was pretty good.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Skypiea, Drum Island, and Arlong Park are my fave OP arcs. Everyone raves about Enies Lobby, but it's full of the same bullshit everyone complains about in other manga, such as asspulls (Diablo Jambe, Asura, etc.), cheesy friendship shit, Luffy, on the brink of death, managing to beat Lucci... Just seemed like a generic Shonen fight arc to me.

Kurita

Sensei No Bulge was kind of terrible though. I was surprised Takagamahara was consistently the worst ranked, I thought it was pretty good.
First chapters of Takagamahara were decent, I guess. I don't think WSJ needs another action manga atm though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Skypiea, Drum Island, and Arlong Park are my fave OP arcs. Everyone raves about Enies Lobby, but it's full of the same bullshit everyone complains about in other manga, such as asspulls (Diablo Jambe, Asura, etc.), cheesy friendship shit, Luffy, on the brink of death, managing to beat Lucci... Just seemed like a generic Shonen fight arc to me.
You know, I agree with this. But it's really the W7 part that pops Enies Lobby off. I consider them one arc. But if I had to look at Enies Lobby on its own, it really wouldn't be that high up on my list.

scy

It's epic when we like it and cliche when we don't.

RfMVgEI.png

What did he already have this turkey drawn or something? How do you finish the random turkey in the middle of the chapter but not his MAIN FUCKING CHARACTERS?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

You know, I agree with this. But it's really the W7 part that pops Enies Lobby off. I consider them one arc. But if I had to look at Enies Lobby on its own, it really wouldn't be that high up on my list.

I also think about it as one huge arc , i guess saga would be the better word for it .
Same when it comes to the war arcs .

Cajun

Neo Member

Why does no one ever mention Saboady Archipelago? Easily my favorite arc, from the unique island design, to the introduction of the supernovae, to Luffy punching the Tenryubito in the face, to "the final day of the strawhat crew."

That arc was the change in pace OP needed for me, because at that point, every arc was quickly devolving into a formula.

All your complaints is making me happy i'm just watching the Anime instead of reading the manga.

I kind of regretted that while reading Yu Yu Hakusho, wished to have just had watched the anime for the whole thing instead of the progressively decreasing art quality. Which looks to be the same case for HxH, Ill just stick with the anime and pray it gets beyond Greed Island and etc.

http://i.imgur.com/RfMVgEI.png

What did he already have this turkey drawn or something? How do you finish the random turkey in the middle of the chapter but not his MAIN FUCKING CHARACTERS?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND![/QUOTE]

Man food more important to look at than characters .
I forgot how funny some of the art in those chapter were .

upandaway

My favorite arc, well sub-arc, is Jaya, which I guess is an odd choice since no one else mentioned it. Oh well!

RfMVgEI.png

What did he already have this turkey drawn or something? How do you finish the random turkey in the middle of the chapter but not his MAIN FUCKING CHARACTERS?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!
That's the volume edition.

In the weekly it was a normal badly drawn turkey, and he fixed that one panel for the volume.
I think you've been reading the volume scans all along, or the place you're reading from is really messed up

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Why does no one ever mention Saboady Archipelago? Easily my favorite arc, from the unique island design, to the introduction of the supernovae, to Luffy punching the Tenryubito in the face, to "the final day of the strawhat crew."

That arc was the change in pace OP needed for me, because at that point, every arc was quickly devolving into a formula.
I dont mention it because it was more of a transitional arc for me. That's why earlier I said "traditional arc"...things like S.A., Amazon Lily, Impel Down, etc. Dont count.

Stinky

RfMVgEI.png

Haha I haven't gotten to the "unfinished" chapters of Hunter x Hunter yet but I saw this page a while ago and laughed me ass off. Turkey has priority

Kaeru no Prince-sama 3

I always like seeing Aono flustered over his thoughts and feelings for Gouzaka, and how it affects his work. Still the people at his workplace treat him so bad but at least he is improving. Hopefully he can work on getting more confident to get the sales contracts, as well as Gouzaka saving him from this predicament.

My favorite arc, well sub-arc, is Jaya, which I guess is an odd choice since no one else mentioned it. Oh well!

That's the volume edition.

In the weekly it was a normal badly drawn turkey, and he fixed that one panel for the volume.
I think you've been reading the volume scans all along, or the place you're reading from is really messed up

ibnsSqRoeUeKWw.gif

That mini arc was great i remember everyone saying that SH going to make it out .
Then they got destroy , message boards went crazy wondering what the hell going to happen next .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom