• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

Personally I knew luffy wouldn't want to hear it since his in it for the Adventure and the journey is the reward for him and the one piece readers.

I felt it was their to communicate to the readers, just how much luffy is in it for the adventure and doesn't want spoil his journey by killing the mystery and luster of the One piece, somethings are better of finding out and experiencing yourself.

Luffy doesn't really care what one piece is imo and wouldn't want the adventure to end so he never takes any shortcuts and explores whatever dangerously cool sound island he wants even if it's a detour of the path.

Wouldn't it be great, if the One Piece would be some kind of ultimate weapon or the key to unlimited wisdom. Luffy would finally find it after the long journey and pretty much go "Nope not interested. WHOOO LOOK who is the Pirate King NOW!". Showing that he was only there for the journey and the One Piece would be save for all time, since only characters like Luffy or Gol D. Roger would be able to find it. Persons, who do not care for the power of the One Piece, since using it would end there adventure and ultimate freedom.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wouldn't it be great, if the One Piece would be some kind of ultimate weapon or the key to unlimited wisdom. Luffy would finally find it after the long journey and pretty much go "Nope not interested. WHOOO LOOK who is the Pirate King NOW!". Showing that he was only there for the journey and the One Piece would be save for all time, since only characters like Luffy or Gol D. Roger would be able to find it. Persons, who do not care for the power of the One Piece, since using it would end there adventure and ultimate freedom.

I have a sneaky feeling that One Piece is not really a tangible treasure but more like "Power of Strength/Will/Friendship" or something to that effect.

Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if One Piece doesn't actually exist and it's all just Roger's way to spur the excitement for the age of Pirates.

I have a sneaky feeling that One Piece is not really a tangible treasure but more like "Power of Strength/Will/Friendship" or something to that effect.

Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if One Piece doesn't actually exist and it's all just Roger's way to spur the excitement for the age of Pirates.

Well, you'd be wrong since Oda said OP is an actual treasure

Qvoth

Well, you'd be wrong since Oda said OP is an actual treasure
This
It's been confirmed since long time ago
Tbh ever since time skip i haven't liked op much, and i was a huge fan
Hopefully now that they'll concentrate on yonkou things will get interesting again

Wiseblade

So you think Whitebeard was lying?

smurfx

get some go again
Oh, he's seen it too? Huh, I forgot when it's mentioned.

We won't see it for maybe the next 10 years I bet, hahaha.
roger must of told him what it is and even offered to tell him how to get it but whitebeard wasn't interested at all. pretty sure he also told him what happened in the void century and how the D's probably tie into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9F5PHjQU9M

if you listen to his speech then roger is waiting for another D to finish what he couldn't do. one piece definitely exists and whatever it is will reveal some truths the world government doesn't want getting out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto-- caught up.

Can Naruto get any stronger? Jesus.

The main character becoming the Ace is pretty much the promise of any shonen.

Again, 100% Cotton T Shirt. I haven't read much of OP beyond around Alabasta and it seemed pretty apparent One Piece itself was as straight of an example of a MacGuffin as there is.

duckroll

One Piece is the Kingdom of D. It's the legacy of those who lost against the founders of the World Government in the great war. Gol D Roger and his crew found the truth of the Lost Century, but since Roger was dying he knew that he wouldn't be able to follow up on the knowledge by uniting all the Ds scattered around the world to rebuild the kingdom. He didn't want to leave the job half done, so instead he gave himself in to pass the message one. The Pirates Era was created entirely so Roger could find a successor among all those who would take up his challenge. When the Kingdom of D is rebuilt, the World Government's hold on the world will be destroyed, and every island and country in the world will be free to govern themselves, without fear of a higher power or laws they don't agree with controlling them. Instead of a unified dictatorship, the world will transform into unified confederations, giving people the freedom to decide for themselves what they want.

Whitebeard has never seen One Piece, and he was never interested in Roger's treasure. He does know about the Will of D though, and the Lost History. Roger told him about it before he died, but the flashback cut off before we could hear anything. :)

Wiseblade

During the War arc, just before he dies, Whitebeard screams "One Piece exists!".

One Piece is the Kingdom of D. It's the legacy of those who lost against the founders of the World Government in the great war. Gol D Roger and his crew found the truth of the Lost Century, but since Roger was dying he knew that he wouldn't be able to follow up on the knowledge by uniting all the Ds scattered around the world to rebuild the kingdom. He didn't want to leave the job half done, so instead he gave himself in to pass the message one. The Pirates Era was created entirely so Roger could find a successor among all those who would take up his challenge. When the Kingdom of D is rebuilt, the World Government's hold on the world will be destroyed, and every island and country in the world will be free to govern themselves, without fear of a higher power or laws they don't agree with controlling them. Instead of a unified dictatorship, the world will transform into unified confederations, giving people the freedom to decide for themselves what they want.
I prefer my version more:

Eventually Luffy breaks away from the pack and reaches Raftel(Getting there is not as simple as following the Log Pose). Blackbeard reaches the island at the same time. On the island the following battles take place:
Zoro vs Shilliew
Usopp vs Van Augur
Jimbei vs Sanjuan Wolf
Sanji vs Jesus Burgess
Nami vs Catarina Devon
Franky vs Avalo Pizarro
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Lafitte
Brooke vs Vasco Shot
Luffy and Blackbeard meet atop a vast horde of treasure and battle with Luffy becoming victorious. over the course of the battle, the other SH with their fights and make their way to watch Luffy's. Luffy defeats BB with hie whole crew watching.

The SH (Minus Luffy and Robin) celebrate finding One Piece While Luffy gets distracted by a small unassuming chest and Robin finds the Rio Poneglyph. Robin explains the secret of the Lost Century to the crew (sans Luffy). Luffy open the chest but what he sees isn't shown. Eventually Luffy returns to the rest of the crew and tells them that they're going to Mariejois to take down the World Government. Having just learned the True History The crew agrees.

The Strawhats Gather up all of the allies they have made along the way and storm Mariejois where Akainu, the Warlords and every named marine are waiting. Over the course of the Siege Luffy reveals that inside of the chest was at Raftel a note saying "listen". Luffy immediately became heard the voice of all things and listened to the tale of hisa Straw hat and all of the treasure around him who all spoke of the true history oppression of the World Government.

Luffy and his army claim victory over the WG and their forces and the Age of Adventure begins. The Strawhats set sail once again, the freest people in the world.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
slowclap

duckroll

During the War arc, just before he dies, Whitebeard screams "One Piece exists!".

Whitebeard was carrying on Roger's legacy. He knew that Rogers was waiting for a successor, and to continue the era which would allow that successor to surface for certain, and create the conditions for all candidates to make themselves known, everyone has to believe that One Piece exists.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
roger must of told him what it is and even offered to tell him how to get it but whitebeard wasn't interested at all. pretty sure he also told him what happened in the void century and how the D's probably tie into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9F5PHjQU9M

if you listen to his speech then roger is waiting for another D to finish what he couldn't do. one piece definitely exists and whatever it is will reveal some truths the world government doesn't want getting out.

Hmmm, interesting....

Again, 100% Cotton T Shirt. I haven't read much of OP beyond around Alabasta and it seemed pretty apparent One Piece itself was as straight of an example of a MacGuffin as there is.

"Cotton T Shirt" is as good guess as any, hahaha. Yep, One Piece seems like acting as no more as MacGuffin in the manga so far.

Hmmm, so it has the potential to bring total anarchy. Sometimes I wonder, in the world of One Piece, which one is the better outcome: the world under the Marine or the world under the Pirates? Just a random thought.

Whitebeard has never seen One Piece, and he was never interested in Roger's treasure. He does know about the Will of D though, and the Lost History. Roger told him about it before he died, but the flashback cut off before we could hear anything. :)

Man, to think that everything will be done and over with if Luffy just hear what Rayleigh has to say. I literally face-palmed when that scene occurs, it seemed so silly for me. In-character, yes, but really really silly.

During the War arc, just before he dies, Whitebeard screams "One Piece exists!"

Hmmmm...

Whitebeard was carrying on Roger's legacy. He knew that Rogers was waiting for a successor, and to continue the era which would allow that successor to surface for certain, and create the conditions for all candidates to make themselves known, everyone has to believe that One Piece exists.

Interesting theory. Although I am not sure what legacy can exist in your scenario when the last ruler of the world (D) lost against the World Government. It's one of those "sealed powers" trope, isn't it? Hahaha.

smurfx

get some go again
i wonder if there will be anymore d's who become major characters.

Interesting theory. Although I am not sure what legacy can exist in your scenario when the last ruler of the world (D) lost against the World Government. It's one of those "sealed powers" trope, isn't it? Hahaha.
there are theories that the ancient weapons were probably the things used to defeat them. poseidon was probably developed to counter these other weapons. my personal theory is that the original people who ended up creating the world government were probably from some other planet or something and came in and took out a bunch of kingdoms and made themselves the ultimate power in the world. the D kingdom was probably the one that fought the hardest but eventually was taken down.

duckroll

Man, to think that everything will be done and over with if Luffy just hear what Rayleigh has to say. I literally face-palmed when that scene occurs, it seemed so silly for me. In-character, yes, but really really silly.

No, it would have solved nothing. Rayleigh himself said that even if he told them everything at that point, there was nothing they could do about it. Knowledge is nothing without experience. It is one thing to hear someone tell you something, it is another thing to go and see things for yourself. The most important thing in the story will be that the Straw Hats will make a decision at the end of the story based on all the experiences they have had, by travelling the entire Grand Line, and visiting all the islands, and seeing for themselves firsthand the various plights of the people, the different problems the world faces, the history and culture of each location, and their own feelings of all that. The conclusion Roger reached was to leave it alone and do nothing, he also knew that the world needed someone else who would actually make a better decision.

They didn't rule the world. They only ruled themselves. They were the last kingdom to be suppressed by those who would become the World Government. Before that the World Government did not exist, because as long as one country holds out against them, it is not a -world- government. But I do not believe they actually defeated the kingdom. If they did, they wouldn't be trying so hard to bury the Lost Century, and they wouldn't be worried about defending themselves against the Ancient Weapons. I think it is more likely that they decided that it was better to scatter the knowledge and hide everything, rather than escalate the war which could have actually destroyed the world.

Someone who is strong enough in willpower and personality who travels the entire Grand Line to the end could also be someone who has the potential to unite the world against the World Government, and return things to the way they were before.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No, it would have solved nothing. Rayleigh himself said that even if he told them everything at that point, there was nothing they could do about it. Knowledge is nothing without experience. It is one thing to hear someone tell you something, it is another thing to go and see things for yourself. The most important thing in the story will be that the Straw Hats will make a decision at the end of the story based on all the experiences they have had, by travelling the entire Grand Line, and visiting all the islands, and seeing for themselves firsthand the various plights of the people, the different problems the world faces, the history and culture of each location, and their own feelings of all that. The conclusion Roger reached was to leave it alone and do nothing, he also knew that the world needed someone else who would actually make a better decision.

They didn't rule the world. They only ruled themselves. They were the last kingdom to be suppressed by those who would become the World Government. Before that the World Government did not exist, because as long as one country holds out against them, it is not a -world- government. But I do not believe they actually defeated the kingdom. If they did, they wouldn't be trying so hard to bury the Lost Century, and they wouldn't be worried about defending themselves against the Ancient Weapons. I think it is more likely that they decided that it was better to scatter the knowledge and hide everything, rather than escalate the war which could have actually destroyed the world.

Someone who is strong enough in willpower and personality who travels the entire Grand Line to the end could also be someone who has the potential to unite the world against the World Government, and return things to the way they were before.

You know what, I gotta give you a slow clap for this. Very well thought out and probably the best explanation for One Piece that I have seen.

Although I also must say that it wouldn't be that surprising for me to see that One Piece is, like Grimace said, just nothing but a MacGuffin all along. It would piss off a lot of people but I wouldn't put it above Oda for pulling that kind of thing.

Datenshi Gakuen Debipara 1

Another future winner. After a disastrous occult experiment by their headmaster, the MC's school is warped to an alternate dimension populated by an assortment of hell's denizens. While their fellow students are being pursued by demons intent on acquiring their souls, main girl #1 does what any normal, rational girl would do in the same situation. She makes a contract with one:
s1p7yuG.png

Oh and main girl #2 does the exact same thing off-screen about 2 pages afterwards.

As always, I'll wait for more chapters before picking it up properly, but first impressions are certainly titillating.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeh, I know. It's just that Naruto is so ace, he makes others ace.

Thing needs to end.

The entire promise of the plot was that he would befriend Kurama and be overpowered, which he just did. There aren't really that many plot points left beyond Sasuke's bullshit.

Akito

I really like duckroll's theory. I've thought of something similar but his is naturally way better-thought-out and he is so much better at putting things into words it's not even funny.

It reminds me of something I always found to be quite strange, it's Garp's position in the Marines. They are pretty lenient towards him given what his other family members are doing and even after they found out, that it's him who hid and raised Ace, there seemed to be no consequences for him or whatsoever. Granted he's the old hero who fought toe-on-toe with Gold Roger but the Marines/world government seem way more radical otherwise.

I really like duckroll's theory. I've thought of something similar but his is naturally way better-thought-out and he is so much better at putting things into words it's not even funny.

It reminds me of something I always found to be quite strange, it's Garp's position in the Marines. They are pretty lenient towards him given what his other family members are doing and even after they found out, that it's him who hid and raised Ace, there seemed to be no consequences for him or whatsoever. Granted he's the old hero who fought toe-on-toe with Gold Roger but the Marines/world government seem way more radical otherwise.

What I want to know about Garp is why he honestly supports the Marines while they go around killing babies and blowing up towns full of people. He seems like an incredibly hypocritical character. Sengoku too.

duckroll

I kinda feel the only reason why there are no consequences for Garp is because he's Sengoku's friend maybe? Although, to be honest, I think some of it is just due to Oda not taking a particularly serious approach to some of the story elements in the manga. The Marines in general seem to have a really loose command structure, and there isn't really much in the way of proper discipline anyway. The Admirals, the Shichibukai, the Vice-Admirals, everyone just seems to do whatever they want and the only time they really get into trouble is if they actually oppose the World Government and fight against them.

If taken as a totally serious story, it's a flaw in the writing, but since it's a manga which is only half-serious most of the time, it's not really something I dwell on much. It's like how Oda tries to make an actual plot point out Sanji's nosebleeds from hot chicks causing him to almost die from blood loss. It's nonsensical, but it's also kinda funny, and it's not something to be taken too seriously. Garp gets away with a lot of shit because he's still on the side of the Marines, even though he bends the rules from time to time because of "family". Sengoku doesn't like it, but he doesn't push it too hard either because he understands.

789shadow

Banned
I kinda feel the only reason why there are no consequences for Garp is because he's Sengoku's friend maybe? Although, to be honest, I think some of it is just due to Oda not taking a particularly serious approach to some of the story elements in the manga. The Marines in general seem to have a really loose command structure, and there isn't really much in the way of proper discipline anyway. The Admirals, the Shichibukai, the Vice-Admirals, everyone just seems to do whatever they want and the only time they really get into trouble is if they actually oppose the World Government and fight against them.

If taken as a totally serious story, it's a flaw in the writing, but since it's a manga which is only half-serious most of the time, it's not really something I dwell on much. It's like how Oda tries to make an actual plot point out Sanji's nosebleeds from hot chicks causing him to almost die from blood loss. It's nonsensical, but it's also kinda funny, and it's not something to be taken too seriously. Garp gets away with a lot of shit because he's still on the side of the Marines, even though he bends the rules from time to time because of "family". Sengoku doesn't like it, but he doesn't push it too hard either because he understands.
Garp is also too fucking badass to punish.

I also think the real impetus behind the final war arc of One Piece will be Akainu and the Marines gathering up the ancient weapons, which means he kidnaps Shirahoshi and, I dunno, punches Vivi in the face. Cue majorly pissed off Luffy who just found out the truth about the Void History.

I'm still waiting on Oda to do a flashback of Gol Roger's time as the Pirate King. I mean the guy rivaled Whitebeard in his prime FFS. I just want to see EXACTLY why he was so powerful, that he's the King of All Pirates.

Garp is also too fucking badass to punish.

I also think the real impetus behind the final war arc of One Piece will be Akainu and the Marines gathering up the ancient weapons, which means he kidnaps Shirahoshi and, I dunno, punches Vivi in the face. Cue majorly pissed off Luffy who just found out the truth about the Void History.

Which ancient weapons? I thought theyve already effectively destroyed the prospects of even making one of them?

Luffy cares about history?

dumbyugi

Which ancient weapons? I thought theyve already effectively destroyed the prospects of even making one of them?

Luffy cares about history?

The World Government wants to make sure that no one can use the ancient weapons. But the Poneglyphs hide the secrets to the ancient weapons and they can't be destroyed so the World Government decided to kill everyone who could read them. It's the basis for Robin's flashback.

Kusagari

I feel that there's no consequences for Garp because he's too useful as a living legend. He's a walking recruitment poster for the world government.

I think that Kong even said something like this when Garp and Sengoku retired.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 seeds 121

That was a really good way to reveal mozu. Make him seem like the resourceful person that he is, but at the same time humble him for being an insensitive dick.

duckroll

I'm still waiting on Oda to do a flashback of Gol Roger's time as the Pirate King. I mean the guy rivaled Whitebeard in his prime FFS. I just want to see EXACTLY why he was so powerful, that he's the King of All Pirates.

I don't think that's particularly important. He's the Pirate King because he conquered the Grand Line. I mean, sure he was probably really fucking strong, and probably has some awesome powers too, but I don't particularly feel a need to see him in action. I do enjoy the flashbacks they have of him from time to time mirroring Luffy's journey though. I just find his interaction with the world and characters more interesting than his power.

789shadow

Banned
I'm pretty sure Gol D. Roger was just twice as good with Haki as Shanks/Rayleigh. He didn't have Devil Fruit powers, so that's the only thing it could be.

The World Government wants to make sure that no one can use the ancient weapons. But the Poneglyphs hide the secrets to the ancient weapons and they can't be destroyed so the World Government decided to kill everyone who could read them. It's the basis for Robin's flashback.
I was quite sure that pluton is unable to be created.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece spoilers

Another Pluton cannot be created, but the original Pluton still exists.
Yes, it's somewhere in Alabasta. Crocodile couldn't find it without reading it's location via Robin, Spandam couldn't find it so decided to find the blueprints, but Akainu, with the full force and resources of the Marines, could tear the whole country up to find it.

duckroll

One Piece - Fishman Island Arc

It's nice to see the story calm down again post-timeskip. I find it rather enjoyable when the characters are actually able to explore a whole new type of setting in a more leisurely way without rushing towards a certain immediate goal. In many ways, this arc actually reminded me of Skypiea, except under the seas instead of in the sky. Except it wasn't as boring in the middle, lol.

The best parts of the arc in terms of action and general plotting would be firstly seeing the crew gather together again before taking off underwater, and then later on the major fight in the plaza where they all show off their new abilities gained during the timeskip. Franky's vehicles and the DOCKING was fucking amazing. Goddamn. Finally my dream of a Super Robot in One Piece was achieved! +_+ <-- I felt like Luffy and Chopper at that moment. ^^;

Thematically I didn't really enjoy the arc that much because it was mostly one large racism story trope. Really tired of those. They're in pretty much every Tales RPG, it's in Magi right now, and a bunch of other shit everywhere. So overused. >_<

To Oda's credit, the theme was something already foreshadowed long in advance, since the Sabaody arc, so it's something which would have to be explored eventually. What I did like though, was that the arc provided a lot of development and some closure to the running theme of Fishmen throughout the story so far. We've always known that Fishmen were one of the major non-human species in the One Piece world, but we've never really seen them in their natural habitat. Having a home country for them which ties into the origin of many of the Fishmen characters previously encountered was a pretty creative way of making the reader care more about the story arc.

What's especially interesting to me though, is how many open plot points there are by the end of the arc. The prophecy of Luffy destroying Fishman Island, Noah being saved and undergoing repairs, the revelation about Poseidon and Joy Boy... it all seems to strongly suggest that at some point in the future Fishman Island will indeed be destroyed and abandoned, with all the inhabitants being carried to the surface inside Noah, driven by the Sea Kings under the princess' command. If this is the case, then I have to wonder if the "Ancient Weapons" are really "weapons" as we imagine them to be, or if they're simply three powerful tools which can be used to change the world forever...

Oh well, now that I'm kinda caught up, I don't know if I want to read through an unfinished Punk Hazard. Since it's at chapter 696 now, the arc has to be almost done right? I guess I'll wait for Punk Hazard to finish before catching up on that, and then maybe I'll read One Piece weekly from then on.

789shadow

Banned

It's nice to see the story calm down again post-timeskip. I find it rather enjoyable when the characters are actually able to explore a whole new type of setting in a more leisurely way without rushing towards a certain immediate goal. In many ways, this arc actually reminded me of Skypiea, except under the seas instead of in the sky. Except it wasn't as boring in the middle, lol.

The best parts of the arc in terms of action and general plotting would be firstly seeing the crew gather together again before taking off underwater, and then later on the major fight in the plaza where they all show off their new abilities gained during the timeskip. Franky's vehicles and the DOCKING was fucking amazing. Goddamn. Finally my dream of a Super Robot in One Piece was achieved! +_+ <-- I felt like Luffy and Chopper at that moment. ^^;

Thematically I didn't really enjoy the arc that much because it was mostly one large racism story trope. Really tired of those. They're in pretty much every Tales RPG, it's in Magi right now, and a bunch of other shit everywhere. So overused. >_<

To Oda's credit, the theme was something already foreshadowed long in advance, since the Sabaody arc, so it's something which would have to be explored eventually. What I did like though, was that the arc provided a lot of development and some closure to the running theme of Fishmen throughout the story so far. We've always known that Fishmen were one of the major non-human species in the One Piece world, but we've never really seen them in their natural habitat. Having a home country for them which ties into the origin of many of the Fishmen characters previously encountered was a pretty creative way of making the reader care more about the story arc.

What's especially interesting to me though, is how many open plot points there are by the end of the arc. The prophecy of Luffy destroying Fishman Island, Noah being saved and undergoing repairs, the revelation about Poseidon and Joy Boy... it all seems to strongly suggest that at some point in the future Fishman Island will indeed be destroyed and abandoned, with all the inhabitants being carried to the surface inside Noah, driven by the Sea Kings under the princess' command. If this is the case, then I have to wonder if the "Ancient Weapons" are really "weapons" as we imagine them to be, or if they're simply three powerful tools which can be used to change the world forever...

Oh well, now that I'm kinda caught up, I don't know if I want to read through an unfinished Punk Hazard. Since it's at chapter 696 now, the arc has to be almost done right? I guess I'll wait for Punk Hazard to finish before catching up on that, and then maybe I'll read One Piece weekly from then on.

They're in the post-arc party right now,
though both Doflamingo and mysterious silhouette guy are on their way,
so it may be a few chapters.

duckroll

They're in the post-arc party right now, though both Doflamingo and mysterious silhouette guy are on their way, so it may be a few chapters.

Oh, in that case I might catch up. I like how One Piece is structured so neatly that all arcs have prologues, main events, and epilogues so "post-arc party" makes perfect sense to anyone who reads the manga. Lol.

Thanks guys. :)

And it didn't seem too long too you? Fishman Island was pretty much another Skypiea for me and brought me to drop the manga for a year or so.

duckroll

Duckroll I think you need to see this. So good.

Also I'm pretty sure Punk Hazard just ended, we'll see tomorrow though.

My life.... is.... complete. Omg. Lol.

And it didn't seem too long too you? Fishman Island was pretty much another Skypiea for me and brought me to drop the manga for a year or so.

Oh it's definitely too long, but it just wasn't as boring as Skypiea's mid-arc fights with the stupid "trials". I think Fishman Island could have been 10-15 chapters shorter and been more effective. I think what helps the pace is that the crew aren't really separated much fighting totally isolated and pointless battles. The plaza fight dragged on for quite a bit, but the action was interesting (mostly because of their new skills), and at least they're all in the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom