• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it didn't seem too long too you? Fishman Island was pretty much another Skypiea for me and brought me to drop the manga for a year or so.

At least FI didn't have constant chapters of running and countless reminders of how evil Hody was. Even though he had his fair share of that as well.

scy

He's going to pull an Arc Gurren Laggan and dock with the Sunny one day, I just know it. It'll be the greatest thing we've ever seen.

Until right now, I never knew that this was all I wanted in the world.

Can he ... can he pick up and throw lesser islands as if they're shurikens?

Akito

Genshiken Nidaime
Wait a fucking minute, now even Sue? What have you done Madarame you sly bastard?

Pretty sure he's just as clueless as we all are. Given Sue's reputation as a master troll, I'm not reading too much into this.

Zeppu

He's going to pull an Arc Gurren Laggan and dock with the Sunny one day, I just know it. It'll be the greatest thing we've ever seen.

Yes.

Man I can't believe I used to dislike the post-timeskip Franky redesign. I must've been so ignorant back then.

scy

I thought the redesign of Franky was overkill and way too bloated and huge.

Now I don't even remember what he used to look like. He is The General and I blindly serve him.

duckroll

I don't like the new Franky design at all, but that's his choice and he has always had horrible taste in clothing and hair. So tacky. :p

His creations on the other hand, are fucking awesome, and have only gotten more awesome post-timeskip.

The only post-timeskip design I dislike is Nami. Can't she wear a shirt?

You shush DTL!

I thought the redesign of Franky was overkill and way too bloated and huge.

Now I don't even remember what he used to look like. He is The General and I blindly serve him.

I was the same way. I couldn't stand his arms. Now I don't even notice, though he has been pretty absent this arc until a couple chapters ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Until right now, I never knew that this was all I wanted in the world.

Can he ... can he pick up and throw lesser islands as if they're shurikens?

I sure hope so!

If this doesn't happen I'm blaming you for getting my expectations up.

:(

And then he blows up Sanjuan Wolf with a Thousand Sunny General Franky SUUUUUPPPPPEEERRRRR RADICAL BEAM.

Oh god yes, please Oda make this happen!

Kurita

I don't care who it is. As long as it's not big mom you don't ask for more clothes. :lol
I'm not a fan of exposed big breasts in mangas to be honest. "Realistic" curves are better.
Like, I'm reading Sweet Blue Flowers. Girls have normal bodies and decent clothes and look better than busty shonen girls. I know it's not the same target demographic but still.

Bokura no Negai 1 - 2
tumblr_mgso6fiHod1r4hk1fo1_500.png

Somewhat started happy with Ame getting used to his new family and being the older brother now. Reminded me of that other manga I encountered with kind of a similar plot Anitsuu...though this one way more depressing end of chapter. Though now with that out the way, appears off to a good start with him being the older brother and running the family shop and all his other brothers...until that last page, thought romance would be among the brothers themselves, though now yuya...hope to see chp 3 soon.

Magi 120-135

This was the chapter containing the pirates mini carc where they are just leaving Sindria. Seems like we are really learning a lot about Magoi and Metal Vessels pretty rapidly. The scale of power seems to be rapidly increasing. Now there is expansion on full body Djinn equipping with Magoi manipulation and magoi tools.

I'm really liking it and regretting dropping it for as long as I did. Only thing I'm not a fan of is Alibaba and Hakuryuu being babies sometimes. Oh, and the damn names! I seriously can't remember all these damn names that are all almost identical. Damn Kou empire needs to learn some new names.

I'm not a fan of exposed big breasts in mangas to be honest. "Realistic" curves are better.
Like, I'm reading Sweet Blue Flowers. Girls have normal bodies and decent clothes and look better than busty shonen girls. I know it's not the same target demographic but still.

So you're not a fan of the shounen girls hiding their organs in their boobs?

I agree actually, bust(was a typo, leaving it for the pun) still, no additional clothes needed.

Kusagari

I'd like a flashback of Roger just to see how he actually fought. It's cool that it's ambiguous, but it also makes you wonder how the hell the dude apparently bested Whitebeard.

upandaway

I don't know why it would be, since it's openly discussed the day the chapter comes out.
Since it was a direct reply to someone who hasn't read it yet (or if it wouldn't be, it still wouldn't have the bolded headline), and it's not wednesday. The point of discussing things openly isn't that the concept of spoilers is doesn't exist, it's just handled to help both sides.

Oh well, I guess it's just me not liking this

Steroyd

Rock Lee Spring Time of Youth - 20

sgJsqY0.png

Sexy no Jutsu, Closet Pervs vs Open Pervs, Rasenboobs.

Only a Jiraiya focused chapter could have all these things, this only serves to make me miss the guy. :(

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Since it was a direct reply to someone who hasn't read it yet (or if it wouldn't be, it still wouldn't have the bolded headline), and it's not wednesday. The point of discussing things openly isn't that the concept of spoilers is doesn't exist, it's just handled to help both sides.

Oh well, I guess it's just me not liking this

You're not the only one, I don't consider that spoiler acceptable either for the same reason as you. I was especially surprised since duckroll has been pretty strict about people spoiling series he didn't even care about himself though admittedly the ones I remember are different (e.g. LN spoilers in anime thread without someone explicitly asking for them). I know I would've been upset if someone had spoiled that for me before I got there without me asking for it.

7 Seeds 121

I'm surprised that they didn't make a fire break or retreat into their caves.

Would it be a good idea to retreat to the caves? They don't even know how bad the forest fire would be, and the effect it will have to the land.

Besides it seems like a nice way to lead up to a reunion with everyone.

Brynhildr

Wait... what's Nanami's hidden ability? I don't remember that.
I believe this is the first time it's been mentioned, though I could be wrong. If this is something new, it'll probably have something to do with or be revealed through how she "implanted" herself into the MC's mind.

Kurita

Solanin vol.1
Why is this manga so good?
The ending of the first volume was... huh, surprising to say the least.
Also, I had the "Solanin" song by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION playing in the background while reading it, that was pretty cool haha.

Dynedom

7 Seeds - 121

We seem to be approaching end game. Everyone is converging on one another. Why do I get the feeling that Arashi is going to be the most volatile before this is all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom