• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Slam Dunk 1

Definitely off to a better start than Real, but Haruko chan is just as awful as the female character in that. I hope she doesnt steal much of the screentime as Im really curious to see who this Rukawa is. Although he seems kind of dumb, he hit his head on the goal, lol, I think Sakuragi Hanamichi has potential to be a really good character. The jump page spread was nice. Hopefully the characters will be as good as those in kurobasu, or at least have a kise like character.

I'll go ahead and save you from that: Don't expect anything at the level of Kuroko's major cast. Slam Dunk is very grounded. At best, you'll just have smart plays, no eye h4x or laser shots or godmodes.

I'm pretty sure every step of Law's plan has one clear ultimate goal, getting as close to Kaidou as possible. To me there's only one reason Law would want Doflamingo to give up his Shichibukai position: Doflamingo is a much better pawn to work with when he's just a regular pirate.

I agree it's all to get closer to Kaidou.

I'm wondering if Law actually wants Doflamingo to step down, or if he just wants a specific reaction he is expecting. I can't really see Doflamingo stepping down or going to Kaidou and dealing with that rather than just trying to hunt down Law and get Ceasar back himself. I half wonder if he is trying to just get him out of the way for a different plan? Like his plan is to get closer to Kaidou, in order to take him down, by negotiating with him over Ceasar in some way. He would need Dofla out of the way to do that. Him hunting down Law while avoiding Kaidou could take care of that.

It could also explain his need for the SH's. He may not be able to work on Kaidou and have a battle with Doflamingo at the same time. He could be wanting to use Luffy and the rest the same way he wanted to on Punk Hazard, more of a distraction than anything else. SH's take care of Doflamingo while Law covers his plan with Kaidou.

Kurita

I'll go ahead and save you from that: Don't expect anything at the level of Kuroko's major cast. Slam Dunk is very grounded. At best, you'll just have smart plays, no eye h4x or laser shots or godmodes.

The moves in the Kuroko are not even cool. In Eyeshield 21 you had bats, f'n Poseidon, tornadoes, spear, the Mount Everest, Saint Mary... appearing whenever they did something.

Wow then this should be interesting then for a pure take on the game and hopefully school antics stuff.

The moves in the Kuroko are not even cool. In Eyeshield 21 you had bats, f'n Poseidon, tornadoes, spear, the Mount Everest, Saint Mary... appearing whenever they did something.

I guess that explains why the dude has a gun. Sounds crazy.

Moosichu

I think one of Laws goals is to either 1) Make Luffy a Yonko or a Shichibukai or 2) Make his self a Yonko.

Luffy has no interest in either, only the One Piece. I also don't think Law wants to become a Yonko either, he wants to take downs Kaido and he probably has a reason for that which will probably be explained later. However, thinking about it slightly more, I could see Luffy becoming a Yonko who has power through alliances. Fishman Island is almost his territory and he already has an alliance with Law and Jinbe.

Beelzebub 190
New characters look okay. But too much exposition. Seeing all those different schools, are they new students or are they just visiting? Meh chapter overall.

Toriko 220
Beat up Starjun. Like a boss. And mystery leg. Where did Zaus go?

Assassination Classroom 28
Character development is always nice, particularly for Ritsu. And a new challenger has entered the ring.

Nisekoi 60
Chitoge's mom is nuts. Chitoge, you'll want to protect her.

Kusagari

Toriko 220

Great chapter. This arc has been awesome so far.

Nisekoi 60

Chitoge's mom is insane. I'm sure we're going to get a reason why she treats Chitoge like this soon enough.

Beelzebub 190

Something about this arc just feels...blah. It makes no sense that these random dudes should be any threat to Oga or Aoi.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Assassination Classroom

So that's how Ritsu is going to leave the classroom.
And we have a new plot development, Koro-sensei's brother is a new student. Interesting.

scy

Yup. The visualizations really make things seem more epic.

I guess that explains why the dude has a gun. Sounds crazy.

The gun is just a character quirk :x

What does happen is a lot of "over-the-top" visualizations of things done to drive up the action. Devilbat Ghost, for instance, is depicted as him creating an after image (i.e., a Ghost) when it's really just a basic juke. Most of these are over-the-top but pretty good visualizations in the end that just exaggerate the effect.

Assassination Classroom 28
tumblr_mhhzoo7Owk1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That was an awesome chapter, if the manga was all just Karma-kun, Nagisa, Korosensei then Id still love, it just feels so good when its only focused on those three and what not. Though why is sensei so pervy, focusing only on that during the movie.

The brother seems to have a really excellent designs much better than Korosensei even. Hopefully he joins Karma and Nagisa and become like some epic favored trio.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It'll turn out that the mother is just testing Raku to see if he has the balls to stand up to her. We'll find out she overdoes everything because she knows she is a sucky mom and thus overworks her actually work as compensation. She'll hope that Raku will be there for Chitoge in her stead. Raku will stand up to her, mom and daughter will spend Christmas together, and shenanigans will commence. The mom will then depart the country, leaving a threat to kill Raku if they don't end up together/make Chitoge happy, thus ending the arc and "advancing" the main plot.

There's your next 3-4 chapters of Nisekoi: The Quest for the Boring Keyes

Shit.... This sounds... plausible.

Kurita

Assassination Classroom
Damn, the author loves references.
F4BakQB.jpg

This thing is real. A show on japanese TV had a guy whose head was a giant camera. And his face was revealed a few days ago actually!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Luffy has no interest in either, only the One Piece. I also don't think Law wants to become a Yonko either, he wants to take downs Kaido and he probably has a reason for that which will probably be explained later. However, thinking about it slightly more, I could see Luffy becoming a Yonko who has power through alliances. Fishman Island is almost his territory and he already has an alliance with Law and Jinbe.

Luffy has no interest in either you're right. But I do think he will become a Yonkou...not by choice.

He'll end up doing his normal thing of just fighting whoever gets in his way he'll so happen to make friendships ala Fishman Island where the inhabitants will just decide they will only follow him.

He'll end up being an unofficial Yonkou. And to deal with the whole protecting islands that's basically just him beating up anyone who messes with his friends.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 199

Kise is still a machine but Kuroko seems to have a plan for him. It's weird that the author basically dedicated the last couple of chapters on how unstoppable Kise is. He really didn't go this far for Aomine. Maybe it's due to Kise's popularity.

Next chapter should be the end of the game. We all know what will happen.

fertygo

Kuroko no Basket 199

Kise is still a machine but Kuroko seems to have a plan for him. It's weird that the author basically dedicated the last couple of chapters on how unstoppable Kise is. He really didn't go this far for Aomine. Maybe it's due to Kise's popularity.

Aomine has like 3 game to show how beast he am though.

Kuroko no Basket 199

Wow, Seirin winning gonna lame like hell if after Kise Dominating them like this, they just stole game-winner lol.. OT plz

jbug617

Banned
Wow, Seirin winning gonna lame like hell if after Kise Dominating them like this, they just stole game-winner lol.. OT plz

Yeah I doubt that happens. Kuroko vs Akashi is going to be good. One thing I did like with this game is that Seirin role players got some time to shine.

Aomine has like 3 game to show how beast he am though.

I think that Seirin will lose this one, and start over. The manga is successful, and if Seirin arrives at the final and win, than they will be international tournament and will suffer like every sports manga ever. Aka Japan will win everything against everybody.

Real 3
tumblr_mhi66xJy4v1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This one on one is interesting, though I just want to see Togawa play so much more, hope this serves as someway to get him back onto his team or something, and if the one he was visiting at the start of the chapter can make a full recovery, thatd be good too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It'll turn out that the mother is just testing Raku to see if he has the balls to stand up to her. We'll find out she overdoes everything because she knows she is a sucky mom and thus overworks her actually work as compensation. She'll hope that Raku will be there for Chitoge in her stead. Raku will stand up to her, mom and daughter will spend Christmas together, and shenanigans will commence. The mom will then depart the country, leaving a threat to kill Raku if they don't end up together/make Chitoge happy, thus ending the arc and "advancing" the main plot.

There's your next 3-4 chapters of Nisekoi: The Quest for the Boring Keyes

ding ding

upandaway

One Piece

I'm pretty sure every step of Law's plan has one clear ultimate goal, getting as close to Kaidou as possible. To me there's only one reason Law would want Doflamingo to give up his Shichibukai position: Doflamingo is a much better pawn to work with when he's just a regular pirate.
I doubt Doflamingo stepping down has anything to do with Law's immediate plans. He probably just wants a specific reaction out of Doflamingo.

ONE PUNCH-MAN

We're getting awfully close to flat out confirmation that Saitama can indeed OHKO even the strongest heroes and enemies out there. I don't know what to think. That's just incredible. Even if it's this manga, I didn't actually expect him to be THAT strong!

Azure J

ONE PUNCH-MAN

We're getting awfully close to flat out confirmation that Saitama can indeed OHKO even the strongest heroes and enemies out there. I don't know what to think. That's just incredible. Even if it's this manga, I didn't actually expect him to be THAT strong!

I think the more interesting thing is he has another direct protege if that C class Blizzard guy keeps at it. One Kick Man incoming?

In other news, I finally read Dangan Tenshi Fan Club and I'm honestly a bit surprised that it and OPM don't take place in the same world (at current). It's just as nutty in that one shot. :lol

Stinky

Aku no Hana 33

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Whoever translated the last few chapters didnt update mangaupdates. Which is cool, because I now have about 1 and a half volumes worth of new chapters.

This series is great, you fucking shitworms.

Beelzebub

Next week Oga fights with half of the ceiling around his neck. They should have done a gag where his head comes up through the floor above and he makes jokes n shit.

Lullabayo, haha.

Akito

Screaming Lesson v01
I'm very surprised that this is a Ribon manga given the dark premise and execution, the mostly bad ends in particular are highly unexpected. I'm somewhat disappointed that it's apparently only a short story collection though.

jbug617

Banned
I think that Seirin will lose this one, and start over. The manga is successful, and if Seirin arrives at the final and win, than they will be international tournament and will suffer like every sports manga ever. Aka Japan will win everything against everybody.

Well it's going to be hard decision to have them start over because of
this being the last tournament for Kiyoshi. He seems to be the driving force of the team so it's going to be hard to lose for them.

I have one major flaw with the premise of 7 Seeds, if you're afraid that the world will be destroyed and you want to freeze people so they can wake up in the future, why not prep or train these people so they can be prepared to deal with the harsh environment? Also why not put each team in or very near to a Fuji. Maybe this will be explained later but it continues to be a thorn in my side. If the plan is to help the human race survive and repopulate why give the "seeds" such a poor starting position?

Edit: And literally the next chapter shows a group of new? characters being trained for this mission

I have one major flaw with the premise of 7 Seeds, if you're afraid that the world will be destroyed and you want to freeze people so they can wake up in the future, why not prep or train these people so they can be prepared to deal with the harsh environment? Also why not put each team in or very near to a Fuji. Maybe this will be explained later but it continues to be a thorn in my side. If the plan is to help the human race survive and repopulate why give the "seeds" such a poor starting position?

There'll be some explanation. Keep reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom