• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

I have one major flaw with the premise of 7 Seeds, if you're afraid that the world will be destroyed and you want to freeze people so they can wake up in the future, why not prep or train these people so they can be prepared to deal with the harsh environment? Also why not put each team in or very near to a Fuji. Maybe this will be explained later but it continues to be a thorn in my side. If the plan is to help the human race survive and repopulate why give the "seeds" such a poor starting position?

Edit: And literally the next chapter shows a group of new? characters being trained for this mission

Keep reading!

I have one major flaw with the premise of 7 Seeds, if you're afraid that the world will be destroyed and you want to freeze people so they can wake up in the future, why not prep or train these people so they can be prepared to deal with the harsh environment? Also why not put each team in or very near to a Fuji. Maybe this will be explained later but it continues to be a thorn in my side. If the plan is to help the human race survive and repopulate why give the "seeds" such a poor starting position?

Edit: And literally the next chapter shows a group of new? characters being trained for this mission
lol exposed

This is why 7 Seeds is so good. Right when I was thinking, "There's no way all these freezing devices would last for so long and stay functional",
Team Winter is introduced with dead bodies from broken machines right off the bat
It does a great job of not betraying your expectations.

lol exposed

This is why 7 Seeds is so good. Right when I was thinking, "There's no way all these freezing devices would last for so long and stay functional",
Team Winter is introduced with dead bodies from broken machines right off the bat
It does a great job of not betraying your expectations.

Yeah apparently I need to stop posting my criticisms because every time I do 7 seeds go "got it bro" and already has the fix

Samyy

Slam Dunk 1

Definitely off to a better start than Real, but Haruko chan is just as awful as the female character in that. I hope she doesnt steal much of the screentime as Im really curious to see who this Rukawa is. Although he seems kind of dumb, he hit his head on the goal, lol, I think Sakuragi Hanamichi has potential to be a really good character. The jump page spread was nice. Hopefully the characters will be as good as those in kurobasu, or at least have a kise like character.

You don't understand how jealous I am that you are getting to read this for the first time, its amazing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aku no Hana:
I can't believe I'm eating this shit, what a cop out.

Akito

Screaming Lesson aka All school girls are bitches v02-03
More or less the same like the first volume, an school girl being a real bitch and paying for it, rinse and repeat. While some of the bad endings are really bad (which is nice), the strictly formulaic format is getting somewhat stale, even Jigoku Shoujo got more varied after a while. It needs more stories like the one about Yomi, read more complex ones which span over several chapters.

Screaming Lessons 31
2V8jFpd.png

Someone needs to read more doujins.

Anyway, that was a really heartwarming tale of sibling affection. I loved the clever use of burying the characters in sand as symbolism for... er... the coarse, suffocating familial love that the two had for each-other. Yeah, that sounds plausible.

Tower of God 2: 49

Who would you rather trust? Cute bunny girl or the two eeevil dudes who just tried to kill you? C'mon now.

Nisekoi 60

Sad Chitoge makes me happy.

A handful of you read Screaming Lessons, right? Looks like it's getting a live action film adaptation.

Reactions:

1. That's not how you spell "anime".
2. Where are they going to find someone with no lower half of their body to cast as Yomi?
3. I will watch the shit out of it.

April Retcon: Haruna Kawaguchi's in it? Well, she clearly can't be Yomi because she has legs.

Because who doesn't want to watch incredibly disturbing things happening to little girls in real life?
I refuse to answer this without my lawyer present.

7 Seeds Flashback Arc

Seems like trying to kill off the weak links instead caused the seven survivors (Summer A) to snap and they're probably even more dangerous then Autumn. I was expecting the child to be Natsu but I guess it made more sense for it to be Hana that was actually groomed her whole life unknowingly. Of course the idea of "send love" may have back fired because know Hana (and Arashi) can't seem to focus because their significant other may or may not have existed.

Also I meant to ask earlier, was that art of Arashi and Hana close together talking about "you're warm/cold" meant to imply they were having sex? Guess that makes sense for 17 year old kids to think the world is over if their first love is gone, it's still annoying -.-

Akito

Screaming Lesson v04-06
Same old same old, I wished there wasn't so many stories about bullying, that's an really overused trope and the stories tend to play out the same way. Anyway, I'm still enjoying SL for what it is, the few stories with an heartwarming ending caught me off-guard, I really liked the one with the bus of the dead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku no Hana 33

This is a lot of crazy shit to do just to get around admitting they want to fuck each other

Cwarrior

Aku no Hana 33

This is a lot of crazy shit to do just to get around admitting they want to fuck each other

It's a deconstruction of the coming of age story genre it's a more darker and more realistic portrayal of adolescent kids growing up and dealing with their emotions and discovering themselves, who they are and where they fit in the world.

pffffftttloll yeah right am only putting random words together taking piss out of the so deepcrowd that are eventually going to folk to this when the anime comes out, who are going claim it's so deep

Akito

Screaming Lesson v07-08
Ahaha oh wow, dat Inception story, that was something else
and I really like it.

I'm caught up now, what to tackle on next...

Madao

Naruto 618: Ummm not much to say that I didn't say before even with the translation. Just waiting to see what happens.

BTW you think with 6 Zetsu clones why not bring back Kushina and Jiraiya as well? Also why is Hiruzen an old man? Doesn't Edo Tensai bring you back at your prime? Otherwise Madara would be old as hell. The chapter was alright since Kishi just changed the rules completely and the 4 hokages is a nice touch even though its a bit of an asspull/plothole imo.

Jiraiya can't be revived because no one has any DNA samples of him. Kabuto mentioned that when tobi asked about him.
Edo Tensei brings you back as you were when you died. Madara's body was enhanced and fixed to be like in his prime by Kabuto before he was revived (he gave him the 1st Hokage DNA and that's why he got the Rinnegan) and that's why he looks young.
since there's so much stuff going on and a few of these things happened a while ago, it is easy to forget (i remembered only because the anime was past that point recently)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jiraiya can't be revived because no one has any DNA samples of him. Kabuto mentioned that when tobi asked about him.
Edo Tensei brings you back as you were when you died. Madara's body was enhanced and fixed to be like in his prime by Kabuto before he was revived (he gave him the 1st Hokage DNA and that's why he got the Rinnegan) and that's why he looks young.
since there's so much stuff going on and a few of these things happened a while ago, it is easy to forget (i remembered only because the anime was past that point recently)

Maybe he should have tried the local Konoha whorehouses

Rorschach

Considering some of the people revived, I don't think DNA matters anymore. If Kabuto was able to get samples from all those ninja (especially the legendary, mythical ones that had been dead for ages), then he could get Jiraiya. Why wouldn't he have used the 4th, btw? Even Orochimaru had the ability to bring him back.

Maybe he should have tried the local Konoha whorehouses

lol

Break Blade 60

Things are heating up but the translation is so slow.

Ao no Exorcist 43

Good finally got the eye drops. Lets move into more interesting things.

7 Seeds Shelter Flashback

Oh wow this was so well done, really took 7 Seeds from good to great status for me. Naturally human's are their own worst enemy bringing the end to "paradise" if you would. I will say though that having Maria magically bring a deadly unknown parasite into the shelter from the very beginning was a dumb twist. Also we're finally seeing Team Autumn work with the others, of course now it looks like Summer A is about to show up.

Madao

Considering some of the people revived, I don't think DNA matters anymore. If Kabuto was able to get samples from all those ninja (especially the legendary, mythical ones that had been dead for ages), then he could get Jiraiya. Why wouldn't he have used the 4th, btw? Even Orochimaru had the ability to bring him back.

lol

the Hokages couldn't be revived until now because they were sealed inside the shinigami. Minato was sealed there ever since he put Kurama inside Naruto.

7 Seeds Shelter Flashback

Oh wow this was so well done, really took 7 Seeds from good to great status for me. Naturally human's are their own worst enemy bringing the end to "paradise" if you would. I will say though that having Maria magically bring a deadly unknown parasite into the shelter from the very beginning was a dumb twist. Also we're finally seeing Team Autumn work with the others, of course now it looks like Summer A is about to show up.

I've always thought that it was a normal parasite that mutated. Also yeah, glad to see someone else enjoying 7 Seeds.

one of us. one of us

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 41

bQBxrwRl.png

Besides the cute beginning of the chapter, I can already see how this end with all the misunderstandings under the sun.

Akito

Nobody commented here on this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511074

Shit so crazy. The idol culture can be overwhelming sometimes.

"No Love" rule indeed.
Was the head shaving necessary? It's not like she will ever get promoted into the main group again. I'm actually surprised they didn't give her the boot right away. Japan being Japan.

Mix 9
Someone get rid of Nishimura already, such a waste of time. I didn't mind the slow pace of Adachi's manga when they got released weekly but it's painful being a monthly series.

GManDH

Toriko anyone

i think that this arc is developing quiet nicely however i really hope they dont fast forward again and make a lot of things meaningless. could this be the CP9 arc of Toriko?
FYI common knowledge that Oda and Toriko mangaka are good friends.

Rosario + Vampire Season II chapter 60

Well Tsukune went ballistic and beat the crud out of Moka's stepmom, never thought I'd see/read the day Tsukune would beat the crap out of a woman like that. Overall a good chapter.

Beelzebub Chapter 190

I don't like the new characters all that much. Cool on Oga's part to drop Beel before getting launched into the upper floor. I want to see some ass kicking next week from Oga and Aoi, both should meet up launch a counter attack.

Ao no Exorcist Chapter 43

Rin where you at bro? Well besides the funny Mephisto, nothing stuck at me for this chapter. Koneko being the strategist was a nice touch but nothing too shocking. Meh chapter all around.

Medaka is still not out nor is Fairy Tail or Kenichi. Oh well here goes to more waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom