• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Except I'm fairly certain this you know, didn't actually happen and besides we already knew what she was doing. The chapter speaks more to Kenpachi than Unohana, really, and the point is that he never changes to the point of just weakening himself subconsciously because he likes fighting. Which has been pretty much his character from the second he was introduced.

Yep. It basically just explains why Kenpachi is so stupid about fighting. He one nearly shotted Unohana and stopped being a tryhard lest he turn into Onepunch-Man.

Man your killing me lol
Ignis Fatuus vs Big One has been awesome so far .
And I'm only using 20% of my True Power.

You fellas are just so young in your mangaGAF days

TRgEso2.png

Back in those days we were the worst troublemakers the thread had. How nostalgic.

On a side note is anybody still reading Freezing , i am wondering if the arc with Satellizer can't be with Kazuya cause families don't like each other done .

I read Freezing from time to time mostly to see if Kazuya will ever bang Satellizer which will never happen. But hey boobs everywhere!

I have no idea which arc you are talking about, more details?

I read Freezing from time to time mostly to see if Kazuya will ever bang Satellizer which will never happen. But hey boobs everywhere!

I have no idea which arc you are talking about, more details?

Well i read it on and off and the last time i was reading they introduce some girl that was his cousin and betrothed by his grandfather i think .
She was also part of new group or something like that , that was about 10 plus chapter ago but i could be wrong .

EDIT LMAO @ Ignis Fatuus OP pic .
I remember the old days some members got ban some just stopping posting :(
Was a lurker before i get my account during the first big manga thread .

Well i read it on and off and the last time i was reading they introduce some girl that was his cousin and betrothed by his grandfather i think .
She was also part of new group or something like that , that was about 10 plus chapter ago but i could be wrong .

EDIT LMAO @ Ignis Fatuus OP pic .

The arc you are talking about is still ongoing.
Kazuya was close to sleeping with Satellizer but then Rana interrupted. >:| At least we got shower scene with boobs.

The most notable thing about Freezing is that even the small-breasted characters have huge breasts. As for the plot...events occur. That's all I can say.

The arc you are talking about is still ongoing.
Kazuya was close to sleeping with Satellizer but then Rana interrupted. >:| At least we got shower scene with boobs.

Well since it still ongoing going to wait a few more months until i read again .
Only reason i read freezing is because i like tsundere Satellizer sometimes .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder how many veins would have popped in arguments if neoGAF existed during the times of Dragonball Z.

I recall us spending a lot less time complaining that every series in its entirety sucked. The first manga thread was the "shonen jump" thread for quite a while though. The vast majority of posting was Friday-GAF. We got spoilers on late Wed./early Thurs, so there was a lot of time discussing poorly translated and often fake shit like the Sharingan Tank.

Yu Yu Hakusho and Kenshin were better than DBZ for me back then after I was introduced to them in elementary school/middle school. Still is to this day although I'll always love DBZ for its senseless powerlevels and fighting.

Who can forget douchebag Vegeta lol.

I recall us spending a lot less time complaining that every series in its entirety sucked. The first manga thread was the "shonen jump" thread for quite a while though.

Back then OP anime and manga thread was one , black bars every where that was before i join .
Then all the Shonen got together and so the battle begin in the first mega thread got my account then .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yu Yu Hakusho and Kenshin were better than DBZ for me back then after I was introduced to them in elementary school/middle school. Still is to this day although I'll always love DBZ for its senseless powerlevels and fighting.

I watched Dragon Ball Z in Spanish on Tijuana TV stations because the Mexican dub was all the way through the end of the series and that Ocean dub issue caused Toonami to just keep looping back right back to the beginning near the end of the Ginyu Squad part.

I still fucking hate all those electronic noises and shit they put in the background when Funi took over.

I watched Dragon Ball Z in Spanish on Tijuana TV stations because the Mexican dub was all the way through the end of the series and that Ocean dub issue caused Toonami to just keep looping back right back to the beginning near the end of the Ginyu Squad part.

I still fucking hate all those electronic noises and shit they put in the background when Funi took over.

Man nostalgia is hitting me hard. I remember loving Rock the Dragon and would scream at my family if they tried changing the channel on me lol.

Must have been terrible getting stuck in that loop. Especially with all the filler and waiting for Goku to come to the battlefield lol. I still remember those 20 min long episodes during the Saiyan saga where Nappa would stand around for over 3 minutes before talking and some other crap.

Looking back how the hell did DBZ become so popular with its episodes like that? I guess the fighting made up for it.

I would argue Kenshin and DBZ was so much better because most of us read them by the tankoubons, not by chapters. Some of the stuff in Kenshin for example, was real crappy in the end. It also seemed like Watsuki just gave up designing characters and stole them from american comics & Evangelion instead.

I would argue Kenshin and DBZ was so much better because most of us read them by the tankoubons, not by chapters. Some of the stuff in Kenshin for example, was real crappy in the end. It also seemed like Watsuki just gave up designing characters and stole them from american comics & Evangelion instead.

True, I watched all of YYH's anime before reading it in chapter form. I just like swords more than energy blasts. Plus Battosai was awesome to me as a young kid. Ruronin Kenshin tended to be a bit more violent than DBZ anyways which is why I liked it. As a kid all the plot and stuff didn't matter too much to me.

Angry Grimace

Man nostalgia is hitting me hard. I remember loving Rock the Dragon and would scream at my family if they tried changing the channel on me lol.

Must have been terrible getting stuck in that loop. Especially with all the filler and waiting for Goku to come to the battlefield lol. I still remember those 20 min long episodes during the Saiyan saga where Nappa would stand around for over 3 minutes before talking and some other crap.

Looking back how the hell did DBZ become so popular with its episodes like that? I guess the fighting made up for it.

DBZ filler was the fucking worst because most of the time it wasn't even like Garlic Jr. shit, it was just people standing around making reaction faces or having Namek take 10 episodes to blow up in 5 minutes.

True, I watched all of YYH's anime before reading it in chapter form. I just like swords more than energy blasts. Plus Battosai was awesome to me as a young kid. Ruronin Kenshin tended to be a bit more violent than DBZ anyways which is why I liked it. As a kid all the plot and stuff didn't matter too much to me.

Yep, and there's one of my points. Most of us are 20++ year old men getting into heated arguments about disrepancies in Naruto/Bleach/One Piece when the target market for those mangas are probably fucking happy that there's explosions and shit going on.

I think it's pointless to do so, more so when you can just stop reading it if you want to.

DBZ filler was the fucking worst because most of the time it wasn't even like Garlic Jr. shit, it was just people standing around making reaction faces or having Namek take 10 episodes to blow up in 5 minutes.

Yep Namek about to blow up in 1 min and we still get 3 eps of Goku powering up crazy stuff .

Angry Grimace

Yep, and there's one of my points. Most of us are 20++ year old men getting into heated arguments about disrepancies in Naruto/Bleach/One Piece when the target market for those mangas are probably fucking happy that there's explosions and shit going on.

I think it's pointless to do so, more so when you can just stop reading it if you want to.
The target audience has to consider people that started from the beginning though.

The idea of not reading something you don't enjoy doesn't seem to follow around here.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I recall us spending a lot less time complaining that every series in its entirety sucked. The first manga thread was the "shonen jump" thread for quite a while though. The vast majority of posting was Friday-GAF. We got spoilers on late Wed./early Thurs, so there was a lot of time discussing poorly translated and often fake shit like the Sharingan Tank.
Probably the funnest of the manga gaf threads though

Back then OP anime and manga thread was one , black bars every where that was before i join .
Then all the Shonen got together and so the battle begin in the first mega thread got my account then .

The best part of the One Piece thread back then was it was just Shouta, nelsonroyale and myself going back and forth lol.

GG-Duo

I find it interesting how Oda's is shaping the second half of One Piece/grand line.

It feels like there's more plot than the character-driven, emotional first half.
For a while I was worried, since stuff like Skypiea, Drum, Alabasta, Eines Lobby were so emotionally satisfying, I was afraid that he wouldn't be able to replicate that success. But he's going a different direction here...

TRgEso2.png

Back in those days we were the worst troublemakers the thread had. How nostalgic.

LOL

IIRC i was actually here for this. :D

that Sharingan Tank is still the best fake naruto spoiler ever imo.

Moosichu

Science in Manga

I know this may sound stupid, but for some reason I can't stop myself looking for scientific inconsistencies. Especially in One Piece where Oda tries to make science a reliable thing but then gets even some of the more basic facts wrong. (Chopper's weight point making him fall faster for example :p ) I don' t really mind and quite enjoy looking for them, and wondered if anyone else did the same.

Science in Manga

I know this may sound stupid, but for some reason I can't stop myself looking for scientific inconsistencies. Especially in One Piece where Oda tries to make science a reliable thing but then gets even some of the more basic facts wrong. (Chopper's weight point making him fall faster for example :p ) I don' t really mind and quite enjoy looking for them, and wondered if anyone else did the same.

I never once thought Oda care about realistic science in OP or how it effects the OP world lol .
This is a manga where a star fish learn to talk because of how he grow up it's all about fantasy and layman science or comic book science .

But come on, that's part of the thread. It would be like a console thread without the MS vs Nintendo vs Sony banter. No one wants a reasonable discussion.

This thread going to look rather tame compare to upcoming console war stuff that already start .

Mael

Woah some pretty conflicting opinions here!
One Piece
Only One Piece was on the level of something I'd call good.
Everything has been said about what was good.
I disagree on the 1rst part being bad, it's pretty much how OP is.

Naruto

Asspull time! Although this one kinda makes sense.
I mean we know that the Uzumaki clan was known for their binding jutsu and all so a way to get the souls out of the dead god through a mask looking like the god's face (which looks like a mask to begin with, Hanya is that not?) is not so far fetched in the world of Naruto.
Now how Orochimaru even knew that and why he didn't do that before to get his arms back....
Inventive use of the Zetsus too.
I know why I didn't hate this chapter!
there was no boring Madara/Obito/Naruto in this chapter!
I nearly didn't notice the Sauce was there.

Bleach
The art was good, the story makes sense in the grand scheme of things but it's still underwhelming.
I guess we'll never see Zaraki do anything else but fight like a thug.
The whole thing about Zaraki being that incredibly powerful guy who lock his power to fight has an explanation now....

All three pales in comparison to Hunter X Hunter though.
If we could get that one back regularly we could avoid reading Naruto or Bleach...

Btw Bleach is better when taken in volumes, we're at the Fullbring part here and while still not good it's less of a boring mess.
The ending of Lost Canvas was nice, really a good manga I think I prefer that to anything Kurumada did.
Although the gods get a massive downgrade in Lost Canvas.

Akito

Onepunch Man
Oh man, I can't wait to see Onekick Man or something similar in the future.

Nisekoi
Chitoge looks seriously weird without the ribbon.

Yandere Kanojo
I don't care if the encounter was fate or just a coincidence but thank god for that, I almost started to hate Shoratori for being such a wuss. Props to Tanaka for being a bro.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Toriko - A
Toriko_zpsb99c5b9c-1_zps99737236.jpg

Love Toriko fights! So damn brutal, and Toriko ain't fucking about at all. Staar can tank some mad shit though. Knew this fight wouldn't disappoint, and knew Toriko would save this week of average chapters. Thanks Shimabukuro!

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

He did that through the whole series though. That first man slayer Kenshin fought?

Gambit.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nisekoi 60

This is so very predictable. I'm sure Chitoge and her Mum will spend Christmas together in the end.

Nisekoi
Chitoge's mom is getting more badass. We all know where this plot will head.

-Raku give a solution.
-Chitoge will fall harder.

It'll turn out that the mother is just testing Raku to see if he has the balls to stand up to her. We'll find out she overdoes everything because she knows she is a sucky mom and thus overworks her actually work as compensation. She'll hope that Raku will be there for Chitoge in her stead. Raku will stand up to her, mom and daughter will spend Christmas together, and shenanigans will commence. The mom will then depart the country, leaving a threat to kill Raku if they don't end up together/make Chitoge happy, thus ending the arc and "advancing" the main plot.

There's your next 3-4 chapters of Nisekoi: The Quest for the Boring Keyes

Beelzebub
I am going to wait and see how things go but still .
It makes no sense these guys can take on Oga and few others .
Unless i start seeing some demon power or something else it's stupid .

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yandere Kanojo

Tanaka's a bro.

Beelzebub

This better end with him wrecking all their shit next week.

Onepunch-Man

He's one inspirational motherfucker.

Tonari no Seki-kun

So he hasn't really changed in the slightest...still funny

Moosichu

I would be so happy if one-punch man was a character in that cross-over game coming out on PS3 and Vita. As and easter-egg playable cheat character of course :p

Science in Manga

I think some science is alright if explained even if not wholly correct (code breaker, air gear, hungry joker)..but when explanations get too wordy (toriko) and they start throwing diagrams (naruto) out it feels out of place and annoying. One of the most ungood things to see in manga are diagrams and charts, stuff like that should be left in databooks.

Soul Eater 106

I still think that someway Medusa isnt dead and will come back. Anyway Spirit was kind of epic there joining the fight, and seeing Black Star being epic and then just relaxing while hanging by the things from crona was kind of funny. Hope this gets animated someday.

I finally got you to be on the same side of a Bleach argument as Beam. How's the scenery from over there?

At least Beam agreed with me that the chapter was somewhat disappointing. His only hope is that Zaraki is going to learn something new by the end of this training and I can understand that. Even though I have the feeling that it might happen off panel, just like we never saw Ichigo actually achieving his Bankai.

Slam Dunk 1

Definitely off to a better start than Real, but Haruko chan is just as awful as the female character in that. I hope she doesnt steal much of the screentime as Im really curious to see who this Rukawa is. Although he seems kind of dumb, he hit his head on the goal, lol, I think Sakuragi Hanamichi has potential to be a really good character. The jump page spread was nice. Hopefully the characters will be as good as those in kurobasu, or at least have a kise like character.

MCD

Beelzebub

Couldn't memorize one name from these new fuckers.

And why is Oga having trouble again? He beat Jabberwock....like seriously, WTF.

Impression time!

Naruto:

Y'know what? I don't care if this makes sense or not, at least it's better than the extremely boring battle going on right now. I absolutely can't believe I'm saying this but ...

Bleach's Arrancar war was actually a better war than this one, and I hated the arrancar arc.

Bleach

Kinda boring, wasn't all of this chapter already essentially implied in the previous ones, or what? This feels like a hyperbolic time chamber-type ordeal.

One Piece

First half was all expected but in good fun. I really wonder how the large chunks of marines that'll be on the straw hat's side at the end will factor into the story as a whole..

The 2nd half of this chapter was epic though! Law's plan being put into motion is a really fascinating thing to see. I had the biggest grin on my face when reading DoFlamingo's reaction to it, absolutely epic.

I've noticed a few people discuss the possible reasons for his plan (specifically, DoFlamingo giving up his Shichibukai rank) in this thread so far, though I think
most of them don't fully account for his end goal, getting to Kaidou.

There's a few things that stand out to me:

- Clearly giving Ceasar back isn't part of Law's plan, because that'd once again mean that Kaidou would be able to keep growing his army.

- Clearly the biggest reason DoFlamingo is part of this plan isn't because he's a shichibukai, but because he's a very direct connection to Kaidou.

I'm pretty sure every step of Law's plan has one clear ultimate goal, getting as close to Kaidou as possible. To me there's only one reason Law would want Doflamingo to give up his Shichibukai position: Doflamingo is a much better pawn to work with when he's just a regular pirate.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Naruto

If it was this easy for Orochimaru to get his arms back, why didn't he do it earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom