• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mael

Aside from simply surviving (but there again, it looks like Orochimaru isn't having such a hard time getting new bodies, now), without his arms, I don't know... I guess there would still be the Sharingan, but...
Still not sure why he was so focused on that when it turns out there would be other ways of getting Sharingan, by the way. Do you think Kishimoto will ever come around and explain what was up with Danzô/Orochimaru/Obito? They knew and apparently worked with each other, but...

It's weird because Danzô knew about Orochimaru who knew about Obito and all wanted sharingans but Orochimaru never thought of maybe sparring a child to experiment on or something.
It's really weird and all, I expect a full Sasuke/Itachi bloodlines are messiah of the Uchiha clan...

Yeah...
Reminds me... "Oh, man! Naruto and Hinata are holding hands on the last page! It's happening!" The following week: Naruto goes and touches everybody's hands. Oh.
That was pretty lame, then again that sequence mirror well the Pain battle (death of neji-hinata)...although it's shit and Madara and Tobi are shit compared to Pain but still.

Fairy Tail chapter 317

Meh not impressed. Was hopeing for more out of Future Lucy. At least we get Gajeel vs Rouge next chapter.

Edit:

I would forgive Kishimoto and proclaim Naruto the greatest manga of all time if he had Naruto come to the realization that Sasuke cannot, logically, be saved and redeemed and resolve to finish him off.

^THIS SO MUCH except the "greatest manga of all time" part.

Mael

Fairy Tail

1rst part was a snorefest and the second part too....
At least it becomes interesting if the lameass dragons can do something now.
I don't even care about that future Lucy storyline and that's a central point of the plot, that's how bad it is.

I would forgive Kishimoto and proclaim Naruto the greatest manga of all time if he had Naruto come to the realization that Sasuke cannot, logically, be saved and redeemed and resolve to finish him off.
Do you really think that could happen? It would go completely against what the manga stands for and would even be a bad end...Has even any current gen series in shonen jack had a morally bad/non friendship end?

Kenichi Chapter 508

Wow Takeda go! Make that Lugh bastard pay for breaking your arm! I'm actually more interested in Kenichi vs Berserker but this a great warm-up fight for it.

Also 4 pairs of Mikumo's boobs, holy shit how did they not take up the whole panel? lol

Kensei is such a cheap master but thats why he is awesome. Wonder if the author will focus on Sieg vs Hermit before Kenichi vs Berserker or Rimi vs Miu. Renka vs Castor is just plain fanservice now lol.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Toriko anyone

i think that this arc is developing quiet nicely however i really hope they dont fast forward again and make a lot of things meaningless. could this be the CP9 arc of Toriko?
FYI common knowledge that Oda and Toriko mangaka are good friends.
Yeah, this arc is great so far. Tengu's awesome and I hope Shimabukuro doesn't skip his fight, seeing as though he looks like can control electricity. Tommy is just epic anyway, so his fight with Sunny should be good, despite the latter being my least favourite king. Toriko just going full throttle straight off was beast, and I really wanna see how Staar retaliates. I wonder how this'll effect the story progession though...I'm thinking Komatsu will be captured,to give Toriko even more of an incentive to go to the GW.

Akito

Oh Great never tried to delve into time traveling BS, even he knew that's a can of worm never to open.
And seriously he does rule of cool better than Mashima.
I'll give you the latter but even without time travel AG was an incomprehensible mess for the most part. FT may be stupid as fuck but at least you can follow the story.

Mael

I'll give you the latter but even without time travel AG was an incomprehensible mess for the most part. FT may be stupid as fuck but at least you can follow the story.

May be the French translators at Pika but AG seemed to be not that hard to follow (and you can explain most of it through rule of cool really).
Fairy Tail OTOH.... the Edolas part could have been so much better, as it is it's botched.
The arc after that is all kind of stupid with an ending and a timeskip that is even worse than Bleach (was there ever a timeskip in Bleach?).
And now this?
I'll take the battleship arc of AG over any arc of FT thank you very much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Screaming lessons 1

Whao.

Well, this is already off to a promising start. Does it keep this twilight zone format throughout the manga?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Otoyomegatari 27

Awww.

The poor hawk's fate made me tear up a bit. Interesting to see amira's belief of life and freedom.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Vol 1

5JGSmUz.jpg

I think I have 17 or 18 manga on my list that I wanted to read, after catching up on 7 Seeds and yet I read this one, because someone here was reading the Skyward Sword prequel from the new art book thingy and it got me interested in a Zelda manga.

There seem to be official Zelda manga releases for each game and they all use the art style of the official art work for each game, like toon Link for Wind Waker, for example. When I saw all the titles (Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Oracle of Seasons, Majora's Mask, etc.), I had huge nostalgia rush, so I thought it would be fitting to read Link's Awakening, because it was the first Zelda game I finished.

arYsaky.jpg

What can I say? As the title suggests, it's a rehash of the game and it's not very good. But still, this huge nostalgic feeling was enough for me to read the first chapter (about 50 pages). The moments where Link woke up, got his sword back at the beach, the huge dog thing, the forest, they all reminded me of playing the game on my GB back then and for me this was definitely better than replaying the whole game again. It really captures that nostalgic feeling, with its "hey, I remember that" moments.

JsdGQHI.jpg

yeah, I remember that, too. Damn owl ...

The art is so-so, but the dungeons don't seem to be too drawn out, which is definitely good.

I'm not sure if I'll read the rest, but I'd like to know how well the manga captures the end of the game. It should be depressing, but I'm probably expecting too much.

one piece

I was watching Batman/Superman Apocalypse, and the Kouja pirates came to mind. In case Hancock wants to quit being a shishibukai, than Akainu alone can level the whole island. As far as i´m concerned he has the second most destructive df after Gara gara no mi. I wonder if armament haki can protect Luffy´s hands from the extreme heat of Akainu´s body. Akainu is as hard to beat as Blackbeard.

Wynnebeck

Banned
HSDK

I guess they want Takeda to be the next member of Shinpaku to actually get on Kenichi and Miu's level? I want to see someone else power up too.

upandaway

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Vol 1

5JGSmUz.jpg

I think I have 17 or 18 manga on my list that I wanted to read, after catching up on 7 Seeds and yet I read this one, because someone here was reading the Skyward Sword prequel from the new art book thingy and it got me interested in a Zelda manga.

There seem to be official Zelda manga releases for each game and they all use the art style of the official art work for each game, like toon Link for Wind Waker, for example. When I saw all the titles (Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Oracle of Seasons, Majora's Mask, etc.), I had huge nostalgia rush, so I thought it would be fitting to read LTTP, because it was the first Zelda game I finished.

arYsaky.jpg

What can I say? As the title suggests, it's a rehash of the game and it's not very good. But still, this huge nostalgic feeling was enough for me to read the first chapter (about 50 pages). The moments where Link woke up, got his sword back at the beach, the huge dog thing, the forest, they all reminded me of playing the game on my GB back then and for me this was definitely better than replaying the whole game again. It really captures that nostalgic feeling, with its "hey, I remember that" moments.

JsdGQHI.jpg

yeah, I remember that, too. Damn owl ...

The art is so-so, but the dungeons don't seem to be too drawn out, which is definitely good.

I'm not sure if I'll read the rest, but I'd like to know how well the manga captures the end of the game. It should be depressing, but I'm probably expecting too much.
Well as far as Zelda manga go (I've only read LA, LttP and MC) I thought it was the best one, but as far as manga in general go.. it's not the most amazing cup of tea ever written ever made. But it's nice, especially with nostalgia bonus. I thought the ending was the best it could ever be.

Just like with the games (I swear it's not by choice!), I ended up liking the MC manga more even though it's "worse". That's just me though.

Well as far as Zelda manga go (I've only read LA, LttP and MC) I thought it was the best one, but as far as manga in general go.. it's not the most amazing cup of tea ever written ever made. But it's nice, especially with nostalgia bonus. I thought the ending was the best it could ever be.

Just like with the games (I swear it's not by choice!), I ended up liking the MC manga more even though it's "worse". That's just me though.

Interesting. I might as well read the rest then. Are the other dungeons much longer in the manga?

Wouldn't have to be that expensive, Murata's done all their key frames for them.

KuGsj.gif

But the quality would still be worse.

Fairy Tail 317
tumblr_mhjsnnpiuI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That NaLu moment, why. Anyway Im hoping it is a fake future lucy instead of a deceitful lucy. A dishonest lucy is kind of ooc for her to be honest, what reason would there be to not tell thet truth.

Still betting heavily on Rogue and Sting to join Fairy Tail end of arc, their comments about friends and guild and looking up to Natsu and Gajeel has to amount to something by the end of the arc...

Unless of course the end conclusion of the arc is using Eclipse to go back in time to seven years ago on Tenrou island...

dramatis

Koisuru Edison 1 + 2 (apparently there's 2 chapters since pilot was standard 20 pages instead of 50)

ibwCjs4WmxUztf.jpg

It's a gag manga. The color page honestly tells you nothing.

Spika (Speaker?) is the buxom girl pictured. She's a pervert. She also has a screw in her brain (literally) and that makes her smart but also crazy. Because of the screw, she has a magical transformation into "Discovery Mode" (or "Invention Mode" if you want to read it the Edison way). It actually doesn't make her KAWAII.

Story of first chapter involves Speaker coming up with a gun to solve the Dorm Manager's dinner problem. Yes, very American of her to think of a gun as a solution to things like not having enough ingredients to make dinner for the dorm residents.

Story of second chapter is the creation of a cleaning robot to rival the 'Roombo' (aka Roomba). It's pretty much a vaccuum. The problem is where the vaccuum is located.

Overall, it's awkward. A lot of characters were introduced in the first chapter as almost cursory details but presumably they are the supporting cast, since they reappear in the second chapter in the same cursory fashion. The humor is flat; there's no plot to bolster the story if the humor doesn't work (and it doesn't). The characters are not very attractive or engaging.

Verdict: Iffy art. Generic character design. No plot, and no interesting story or decent comedy to suffice. Not even copious amounts of shameless fanservice. If this is the kind of thing that made it past the editors, I'd say that the manga submissions for this round must have been ridiculously awful.

Was medaka box on break this week?
There is Medaka this week.

Koisuru Edison 1 + 2 (apparently there's 2 chapters since pilot was standard 20 pages instead of 50)

http://i.minus.com/ibwCjs4WmxUztf.jpg[/IM]

It's a gag manga. The color page honestly tells you nothing.

Verdict: Iffy art. Generic character design. No plot, and no interesting story or decent comedy to suffice. Not even copious amounts of shameless fanservice. If this is the kind of thing that made it past the editors, I'd say that the manga submissions for this round must have been ridiculously awful.
.[/QUOTE]

Gag series? I guess that is not the manga weekly shonen jump here will get.

Doesnt sound good, perhaps its quite bad and will rank lower than hungry joker and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom