• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slam Dunk 8 - 15
Kind of a few boring chapters of intro to basketball basics but the freshman v the other players on the team game was fun.Thought Rukawa would perform better than Akagi though, captain gori didnt seem that impressive. Rukawa sleeping and waking in class was favorite minor part. Now if only Sakuragi would together with him.

Haha, oh lord DTL.

Fox318

Killing him off panel would be pretty funny.

I'd be for it.

Give me one reason why his story is interesting outside of a final confrontation with Naruto(Which he would get his ass kicked right now).

Watch Kishi give him the rest of the 9-tails chakra in Minato as a cheap power up.

Mr. Fix

I'm hearing that Jump might be coming early this week.

O4wZgom.gif

Fox318

I live in San Francisco and I'm so glad they lost. City was going ham during the game. Nice and quiet now, perfect for a new chapter of Magi.

I expect all I'm gonna hear from gaming podcasts is "journalists" happy that the 49ers lost because they didn't want to deal with traffic.

Disgusting.

If they don't want it ever to happen send money to the New York Jets. CC Cap

I expect all I'm gonna hear from gaming podcasts is "journalists" happy that the 49ers lost because they didn't want to deal with traffic.

Disgusting.
It's true though. When the giants won the city was basically cut in half for the parade and it was almost impossible to get back home from class. All the buses routes changed today as well and the one I took was packed like a Japanese grope-fetish film.

Fox318

It's true though. When the giants won the city was basically cut in half for the parade and it was almost impossible to get back home from class. All the buses routes changed today as well and the one I took was packed like a Japanese grope-fetish film.

Isn't that what you secretly want?

Fox318

Magi

Laddi's looking like the AFTER picture on the back of a NO Xplode tub. Mad vascularity.

I secretly want Football to disappear and MMA to be the top sport in America.

MMA is going to have a short life. Once the fighters start to really age and we see the after effects of fighting the sport will have the same problems boxing and football have today.

At least MMA isn't going to PPV only like with what boxing did.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 45

Man, I hope they find some way to get Takigawa expelled so I don't have to look at that awful haircut anymore.

Didn't this chapter come out like two weeks ago, and much better translated? (not that the English wasn't worse, it just wasn't a stupid gag sub with "flying fuck"s everywhere)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You mean this?

I don't see the problem though, it's just like how some of us treat the pairings in Nisekoi.

I am just sort of annoyed by some of the anime/manga fandom's tendency of pairing up characters just for the sake of pairing them up, even if it's nonsensical and silly. Sure, if the characters themselves are gay then it's fine, but when none of them are but they still do it... I dunno, I mean, I know maybe it's just for fun I guess but that doesn't stop me feeling like its... I dunno, cheapen the source material or something.

You know those people who see a boy character act close to another boy character and immediately scream YAOI (or yuri in case of girls) even though they are just friends/rivals or whatever? Yeah, can't stand them.

*scratches head* Gah maybe I am not making sense I dunno. Guess this is just me acting like a real Slam Dunk fanboy, which I admit I am.

And I am still not entirely sure whether DTL really likes that stuff or that he is posting those stuff just to troll, hahaha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That kind of thing is so pervasive in the fandom there's really not much to it other than acknowledge that people can enjoy what they want how they want. I don't really think that there's any point in feeling like fan art or fan pairing should cheapen the work, unless it's visibly affecting it (can't think of a case where this happened though), mostly because you'll drive yourself crazy that way. It's just how the fandom is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That kind of thing is so pervasive in the fandom there's really not much to it other than acknowledge that people can enjoy what they want how they want. I don't really think that there's any point in feeling like fan art or fan pairing should cheapen the work, unless it's visibly affecting it (can't think of a case where this happened though), mostly because you'll drive yourself crazy that way. It's just how the fandom is.

I know I know.... but I just can't help but to feel annoyed by it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't mind shipping so long as at least there's some basis behind it. When a perfectly straight pair of boys/girls is getting yaoi-ed/yurified just because they like, close, or when totally crazy stuff like Orochimaru x Sasuke appears then I start to get pissed off a bit.

Bahh... I should stop thinking about this. I am just sort of annoyed when it happens, especially to series I hold dear.

Jintor

You can't explain it man

fucking korra x tarlok is still persisting on my tumblr dash and has been for months now. It makes no sense whatsoever. NONE. But it looks kinda good visually and people build their own extensive universe around it so whatevs

Don't mind shipping so long as at least there's some basis behind it. When a perfectly straight pair of boys/girls is getting yaoi-ed/yurified just because they like, close, or when totally crazy stuff like Orochimaru x Sasuke appears then I start to get pissed off a bit.

Bahh... I should stop thinking about this. I am just sort of annoyed when it happens, especially to series I hold dear.

The only thing you can do is ignore it. I'm serious. Tumblr is full of that shit, and even worse.

Dresden

So I guess there's a program called Renman, where two artists face off against each other. Basically there's one sheet of paper and they take turns drawing, filling out the comic according to the set theme, and they get judged at the end according to their contributions.

There's quite a few Fourteen fans here (and thus by proxy Umezu fans), and Kazuo Umezu (along with Hideshi Hino) happened to be one of the two guests featured in one of the episodes, so why not:

http://youtu.be/Y9ntD-FSCjQ

Finished manga:

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, it's just people who want characters they think are hot getting it on with each other.

The answer is as simple as that they want to masturbate to that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The only thing you can do is ignore it. I'm serious. Tumblr is full of that shit, and even worse.

One of the reasons I never search for good manga/anime/game-based pics on Tumblr, hahaha.

So I guess there's a program called Renman, where two artists face off against each other. Basically there's one sheet of paper and they take turns drawing, filling out the comic according to the set theme, and they get judged at the end according to their contributions.

There's quite a few Fourteen fans here (and thus by proxy Umezu fans), and Kazuo Umezu (along with Hideshi Hino) happened to be one of the two guests featured in one of the episodes, so why not:

http://youtu.be/Y9ntD-FSCjQ

Finished manga:

Wow.

Now get contemporary artists to do stuff like this too! Interesting concept.

Eh, it's just people who want characters they think are hot getting it on with each other.

The answer is as simple as that they want to masturbate to that.

In the end, everything is always about jacking off huh, hahaha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Reading Rosario no Vampire II is really a weird experience. How a harem manga with ecchi straight up changing genre into a super-serious battle shounen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reading Rosario no Vampire II is really a weird experience. How a harem manga with ecchi straight up changing genre into a super-serious battle shounen.

Its not that hard to change a bad manga of one type into a bad manga of another type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom