• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJ2002

Naruto:

I don't know about you guys but I loved this chapter. If anything Hashirama's personality falls exactly in line with what I predicted. Madara's personality is like an extreme version of Sasuke's so seeing Hashirama's personality being a bit like Naruto's is not that surprising.

Tobirama being a dick is surprising... but considering all the fucked up shit that came from his reign. I shouldn't be surprised as well.

I hope the Hokage can sway Sasuke from trying to destroy the leaf.

as far as the whole love thing goes

I wonder what that means for the rinnegan and the Sage of Six Paths... does that mean the Sage entered a deep state of despair?

considering the turmoil people need to go through to attain it... it wouldn't be surprising.

Kusagari

No marines have been confirmed to have CQC.

I wonder if that will hold. Any of the Admiral's, Sengoku, Garp and Kong are all possible options for having it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

I don't think that the "power of love" was really the right way to describe it. All that they had to say was that the Uchiha are naturally temperamental and they sealed off their emotions. It makes sense if you consider that the more in tune with their emotions they get the more the Sharingan unlocks, which explains the "kill your best friend" etc as not literal requirements and allows for Kakashi. It doubly makes sense because the Sharingan is a double-edged sword that eventually blinds the user.

This isn't a new idea, all throughout Naruto the Uchiha are shown to snap as their Sharingans develop, even Itachi lost his shit when he got the upgrade. Since their emotions are tied to the Sharingan and the Sharingan makes it progressively harder to control themselves, then of course they'd be a problem the second would be worried about. Are you gonna leave a whole group of people that are genetically predisposed towards insanity in the middle of your city?

Of course mistrust also compounds the isse, thus Naruto.
As I said earlier (when most people were still asleep) its not that bad at all. He's saying that because the Uchiha's bloodline power is activated by experiencing negative emotions, the members of the clan have a tendency to rely on negative emotions like despair and hatred because it literally makes them more powerful, thus explaining why they're predisposed to being arrogant dicks who turn evil all the time.

Spider fruit?
Puppermaster fruit?

Or maybe he just have strings (invisible and sharp) attached to his fingers that he strengthens and move around with haki?

Epcott

Naruto

Did a lot pf thinking. I think the final fights will be:

Fourth and Kikashi vs Orbito
Third vs Oruchimaru (who wants the moon eye plan for his own)
First & Second vs overpowered Madara
Naruto (and possibly Bee) vs Sasuke

I'm behind in One Piece.
Is the punk hazard arc over?

No he clearly uses both Emperor's Haki and his Devil Fruit during this chapter, the chapter goes out of it's way to show both powers

Emperor's Haki

ntShFzt.png

Devil Fruit

sTXrMqT.png

It looks to me wind based DF.

Spider fruit?
Puppermaster fruit?

Or maybe he just have strings (invisible and sharp) attached to his fingers that he strengthens and move around with haki?

So basically he's Walter from Hellsing?

It has been hint at more than once Ivan talk about it and a VA also .

Fair enough, I was mostly going for 100% confirmed obviously if we go with strongly hinted at/implied we could add quiet a few other characters.

Zeppu

So the point of point of Law's call to Dofla was to get him to hurriedly go to Punk Hazard while the SHs go to Dressrosa. Law also most probably lied to Smoker when he told him he was going to 'Green Bit', whatever that was, to put Dofla off their trail.

What I'm curious about now, is how long did he actually take to travel from Dressrosa to Punk Hazard. Have there been any hints (you people are great at catching this stuff) as to how long the party took?

We've clearly seen him controlling people like puppets before. It has to be string/puppet related.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Those lines extending from his hands in the second pic aren't action lines, they're literally lines.

His gestures are consistently reminiscent of that of a puppeteer, and his character is best described as a schemer and manipulator. All of this would be a pretty huge red herring if his DF was just something like "wind".

Anyway "wind" would make more sense as Logia and a Logia he ain't.

Kusagari

I don't.. wait.. I don't really think Big Mom has it. I just can't picture it in my hand.

I don't know, I'm just not seeing it.

I actually think Kaido's the least likely Emperor to have it.

I don't know. Something about him wanting to make an army of artificial Zoan users screams to me he doesn't have it.

Naruto

Did a lot pf thinking. I think the final fights will be:

Fourth and Kikashi vs Orbito
Third vs Oruchimaru (who wants the moon eye plan for his own)
First & Second vs overpowered Madara
Naruto (and possibly Bee) vs Sasuke

I'm behind in One Piece.
Is the punk hazard arc over?

Why would Lord Orochimaru fight with Sarutobi sensei? They have nothing to fight about and had a fairly good mentor student relationship. Lord Orochimaru, this chapter, essentially gave up any ill feelings he had towards the leaf village.

The arc can really only end with Naruto and Sasuke, vs Madara. Madara has both Rinnegan and Sharingan and can rejuvenate, while, at this point in time the revived kage dont have as many buffs applied to them. Unless Lord Orochimaru can use debuffs on the field or some jutsu's with wide area of effects for targetting multiple character units, then, really Madara will easily have an simple time handling any opponents. If even the allied shinobi forces jutsu wasn't enough to stop him...could first and second hokage really be enough? Konoha's Yellow Flash seems like he'd go to whichever field has Naruto, would be silly for Kishimoto not to give us screentime with both fighting together. Bee seems like he'd be captured to increase the tension and drama, and Kakashi-sensei and Obito would die hand in hand at the same time pushed to the limits.

Metal B

Devil Fruit
sTXrMqT.png
It looks like, that Doflamingo and Law have a similar kind of Devil Fruit. Law can cut people without killing them, while in return Doflamingo cuts people which kills them. It would be funny if Oda throws Buggy in the mix, who can cut himself into pieces.

upandaway

How people look should not matter , people that big in world have a good chance of having it .
Yeah I know, but still, I can't see it!

The only way I can picture it in my head is that she does it unconsciously (or rather, doesn't make a clear distinction that she's using it) while everyone, friend or foe, just drop around her like flies. That would be pretty funny. Doing it like Luffy or Shanks, it's just hard to swallow!

I actually think Kaido's the least likely Emperor to have it.

I don't know. Something about him wanting to make an army of artificial Zoan users screams to me he doesn't have it.
They did say he's considered the "strongest beast", which I thought is a pretty neat 1up to Whitebeard's "strongest man", so he should be pretty crazy by himself. If he's already at that level, I'd much rather he just wipe everyone away Uvougin style instead of merely making them faint.

I'm actually mostly intrigued with Kinemon's and Momomo-suke's reaction when they heard about Kaidou.

I'll take the early stab in the dark that Kaidou is attempting to claim Wano as his territory and the Samurai are fighting back hence Kine and Momo knowing of him.

Zeppu

I'll take the early stab in the dark that Kaidou is attempting to claim Wano as his territory and the Samurai are fighting back hence Kine and Momo knowing of him.

That was my first thought, but their reaction doesn't look like one of fear, but rather one of genuine surprise.

Qurupeke

One Piece

OH MY GOD. The chapter was awesome. Actually, after the "battle" with Caesar, most of the chapters are great.Shit finally got real. So, a Dressrosa arc follows... I expect to see Heart Pirates there, Luffy was previously asking for Bepo, so he certainly has asked Law about his crew. And it will be really great to see all of them fighting. I'm still not sure about Law thought. He saved Luffy for no reason. Now he made an alliance with him. I am sure that there's something that we still don't know about him. Even the crazy Sabo theories could make sense, if Don Flamingo is a noble. lol But I'm sure that he hides something. And the Will of D... Hmm.. I'm not sure if he wants Luffy for his own reasons or because he believes in him. Maybe he wants to be a Yonkou. And do we know why he became a Shichibukai? Only in order to be safe? Nevertheless, he is a great character and the alliance will be great. I wonder what they'll do when(and if) they succeed.

I really liked that Kinemon's plot is, so far, tied with the SHs. But I don't want him as a Nakama... He just should teach this fire cutting technique to Zoro and/or Brook and that's all. He is a nice supporting character and nothing more. As for Smoker, MEH. In the WB's war he tried to catch Luffy and was stopped by Hancock. And he actually seemed like he was still strong. Now he seems like he actually got weaker ffs. Law, Vergo and Dofla... All of them beat the shit out of him. He, for sure, couldn't battle Dofla. And let's just pretend that Law tricked him to win by taking his heart. But losing to Vergo... And after Law took him out in one hit... I hope that after this arc he will start to train under Aokiji. lol And now that I mention him... WHAT A BADASS. Out of nowhere(even thought we were sure that this silhouette on this bird-island thing was him), he came and warned Dofla. I don't know if he's the weakest admiral, but he's the man that almost killed Luffy, cut diamond and froze WB. And he even froze an island during his battle with Akainu. And I think it was only logical to lose... Lava vs Ice. Also, it's funny that at first for a moment I thought that he was referring to Dofla as his friend. Dofla-Aokiji alliance, this would be actually really scary.

About the artificial fruits and Kaidou... I'm still not sure about this... I expect to see minions with random animals. And then, we'll probably see some stronger guys, with Mythical, Awakened, Ancient Zoans. I'm inclined to believe that Kaidou is a Mythical Zoan devil fruit user. And if he's not human, then it would be really to great to see a hybrid. For example, if he is something like a beast(for a reason I always think that he looks like Disney's Beast lol) and he has a Zoan that transforms him something even more powerful, then I'm sure that he'll be awesome. He could even have some cyborg modifications, like a Z like hand with kairoseki that shouts pacifista-like beams. lol And I really wonder what this "risk" is... Momonosuke, that ate an artificial fruit, doesn't seem to have any problem except that he can't change back at will, but this is probably because of him, as I'm sure that Kaidou is not that stupid to have an army that can't control its power...
Also, best moments.-
One Piece
9YKJ6i7.jpg

One Piece
pI95yNE.png

Wiseblade

Yeah I know, but still, I can't see it!

The only way I can picture it in my head is that she does it unconsciously (or rather, doesn't make a clear distinction that she's using it) while everyone, friend or foe, just drop around her like flies. That would be pretty funny. Doing it like Luffy or Shanks, it's just hard to swallow!

They did say he's considered the "strongest beast", which I thought is a pretty neat 1up to Whitebeard's "strongest man", so he should be pretty crazy by himself. If he's already at that level, I'd much rather he just wipe everyone away Uvougin style instead of merely making them faint.

Shanks was able to use his Emperor's Haki and maintain a conversation of Whitebeard's ship. I don't think it's that mkuch of an ask for Big Mom to be capable of something similar. Like Eating at the same time. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Now that we're talking about it, I'd love to see a character who's Conquerer Haki was "always on". Like, wherever they walked people would just constantly pass out. And being able to remain concious in their presence was the prerequisite to joining thei crew. In fact that'd kind of interesting for Kaido. It could even explain his use of artificial devil fruits; He's trying to strengthen his legions of followers for a grand battle he'll be attending.

That was my first thought, but their reaction doesn't look like one of fear, but rather one of genuine surprise.

Well it can also be what Kusagari said below

Maybe Wano is already Kaido's territory.

That or going on the "samurai are fighting with Kaido" it doesn't have to be a fear response, but maybe a "your enemy is also Kaido?!"

Either way it was for sure the most mysterious part of the chapter

That last one would be interesting.

Even crazier:

He is actually a devil fruit user, but we've never seen him use it. Everything so far that he has done can be explained away by haki use, and CP9 training. Him "skipping" across the sea was obviously that "moon jump"-ability, and him slashing people up could easily be non-DF strings that he strengthen with steel haki (which he has if he has the emperor's haki) to slice through Smokey.

Thing is, that alone doesn't really seem impressive enough, which is why I think he has a powerful devil fruit that he keeps hidden - an ace card of sort!

Zeppu

Well it can also be what Kusagari said below

That or going on the "samurai are fighting with Kaido" it doesn't have to be a fear response, but maybe a "your enemy is also Kaido?!"

Either way it was for sure the most mysterious part of the chapter

Possibly.

If they consider themselves to be Kaidou's enemies there would've been no reason for them to hold their tongue. Also Kinemon is suspiciously really entangled with this whole storyline. His son was stolen from Wano by Ceaser. His comrade is in Dressrosa. I also just realized that he's already fought with Law but there has been no real interaction between them since they all regrouped.

Mighty suspicious I say.

upandaway

Shanks was able to use his Emperor's Haki and maintain a conversation of Whitebeard's ship. I don't think it's that mkuch of an ask for Big Mom to be capable of something similar. Like Eating at the same time. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Now that we're talking about it, I'd love to see a character who's Conquerer Haki was "always on". Like, wherever they walked people would just constantly pass out. And being able to remain concious in their presence was the prerequisite to joining thei crew. In fact that'd kind of interesting for Kaido. It could even explain his use of artificial devil fruits; He's trying to strengthen his legions of followers for a grand battle he'll be attending.
That's a crazy idea. I really want that to happen now.

Stinky

Bleach prediction:

Ichigo will show up with a new shikai and block a killing blow from Kenpachi (think Shanks blocking Akainu from killing Coby in One Piece)

Kenpachi needs to be able to kill Unohana but I also doubt Kubo would kill her off.

This is the best of both worlds and can even be a "look how much stronger I've gotten" moment.. In comparison to the last time Ichigo tried to block Kenpachi

I read a couple chapters when I went looking for this image, and I really do feel like the art was better. I feel like almost every mangaka, especially long running ones , improves on their art over time... it seems so bizarre.

One Piece

Best chapter of Punk Hazard. Dolfa having King's Haki is a bit weird though, doesn't really suit him. I cannot believe people read this chapter and not understand his power is strings. Its so obvious at this point. The strings were even shown this time.

Kinda like how Shanks messed over WB's crewmates when he stepped aboard the ship? That'd be pretty epic.

Wiseblade

Spider fruit?
Puppermaster fruit?

Even crazier:

He is actually a devil fruit user, but we've never seen him use it. Everything so far that he has done can be explained away by haki use, and CP9 training. Him "skipping" across the sea was obviously that "moon jump"-ability, and him slashing people up could easily be non-DF strings that he strengthen with steel haki (which he has if he has the emperor's haki) to slice through Smokey.

Thing is, that alone doesn't really seem impressive enough, which is why I think he has a powerful devil fruit that he keeps hidden - an ace card of sort!

What are you guys talking about? It's clearly a string/puppet DF power. When he was introduced at the end of the Jaya arc, Doflamingo was manipulating Bellamy and his sword buddy, moving his hand like a puppeteer's. The same thiong happened when the Warlords met to decide what to do about Crocodile's defeat and dismissal from the group. TIIRC he did similar feats during the war, and used strings to cut up Gecko Moriah. There's absolutely no way he has a "wind fruit".

Bleach prediction:

Ichigo will show up with a new shikai and block a killing blow from Kenpachi (think Shanks blocking Akainu from killing Coby in One Piece)

Kenpachi needs to be able to kill Unohana but I also doubt Kubo would kill her off.

This is the best of both worlds and can even be a "look how much stronger I've gotten" moment.. In comparison to the last time Ichigo tried to block Kenpachi

I read a couple chapters when I went looking for this image, and I really do feel like the art was better. I feel like almost every mangaka, especially long running ones , improves on their art over time... it seems so bizarre.

One Piece

Best chapter of Punk Hazard. Dolfa having King's Haki is a bit weird though, doesn't really suit him. I cannot believe people read this chapter and not understand his power is strings. Its so obvious at this point. The strings were even shown this time.

Kenpachi gave Ichigo the same wound he gave Unohana;)

Mr. Fix

Naruto

I swear it was the Third who had the God of Shinobi title.

One Piece

At least we know that Wano will continue the Kaido saga. Doflamingo's always seemed like one of those end-game characters so I'm not surprised that he has conqueror's haki. There's also something odd with Doflamingo and the SMILE fruits, especially with Momo. While it's obviously far-fetched and too early to tell, I wouldn't be surprised if his plan is to screw Kaido over by controlling his army.

Code:Breaker 209
tumblr_mhi7ikmaMh1rsjdguo1_500.png

I guess I can get used to it (heterochromia>normal, imo) but why he go off on his own again. Hopefully Ogami Rei follows. Otherwise, I was so glad to get to see Cat Boys lost form, really good design for him and Yuki/Yukihina ftw.

Prime Minister Fujiwara always seemed so nice that it is always baffling to see when he's brought up with such diabolical plans.

Zeppu

One Piece

Oh shiiiiii I just realized something else. Remember how that sludge monster thingy exploded and it 'created' a devil fruit? I think it's fairly safe to assume that the monster had an artifical fruit. What if Law wants Ceaser so that he can somehow extract all of Kaidou's minion's powers using a similar reaction.

I need to reread the whole arc to refresh my memory but the whole 'it has side effects' and needing Ceaser alive seems to point that way. Everything Law is doing is to increase his odds of meeting up and defeating Kaidou.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku No Hana 40

You would think Unfortunate Popular Girl would think it was fucking weird dude starts tearing up. And ruh roh at Saeki showing up again
KuGsj.gif

Korosenai

That last one would be interesting.
That would be cool because I could see the huge potential twist.

He explains his power with the strings and then gives a long pause. After a couple of seconds he then says "but this isnt even my devil fruit ability"

It looks like, that Doflamingo and Law have a similar kind of Devil Fruit. Law can cut people without killing them, while in return Doflamingo cuts people which kills them. It would be funny if Oda throws Buggy in the mix, who can cut himself into pieces.

Kind of like Luffy being able to take bullets and punches and Buggy being able to take sword hits.

One Piece

Oh shiiiiii I just realized something else. Remember how that sludge monster thingy exploded and it 'created' a devil fruit? I think it's fairly safe to assume that the monster had an artifical fruit. What if Law wants Ceaser so that he can somehow extract all of Kaidou's minion's powers using a similar reaction.

I need to reread the whole arc to refresh my memory but the whole 'it has side effects' and needing Ceaser alive seems to point that way. Everything Law is doing is to increase his odds of meeting up and defeating Kaidou.

I think it normally takes a long time for a devil fruit to "regrow", chances are one of the properties of the artificial fruits is that they regrow instantaneously after their user dies.

a.k.a if one of Kaidou's men is killed, a fruit nearby will take on the properties of their zoan fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom