• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach

What the hell is Unohana's Bankai supposed to be? Did Kubo spill ink again?

Gantz

You know, a better writer would have condensed this entire chapter into 3-4 pages. Did we really need to see the entire world's reactions? Okay, maybe on the "if you don't show up, I'll destroy the world" part, but not the "Who's Kurono Kei" part.

Stinky

Assassination Classroom did not even get any real push, its success kind of came out of nowhere.

And its not like its that good.

Bleach

Sort of an awful chapter. I'm sure next week we'll see Unohana not die because of something related to her bankai. Bleach has the most false endings to fights that I've ever seen. Last week even sort of had one.

Also aren't bankais said to be always related to shikai? I think Soifon said it when she explained her "embarrassing" cannon bankai that was a 1-shot version of her two-strike shikai.

I don't even know exactly what Unohanas bankai is (seriously, is it some illusion thing?) is but her shikai is a massive healing manta ray.. soooo.

Tamanon

Banned
And its not like its that good.

Bleach

Sort of an awful chapter. I'm sure next week we'll see Unohana not die because of something related to her bankai. Bleach has the most false endings to fights that I've ever seen. Last week even sort of had one.

Also aren't bankais said to be always related to shikai? I think Soifon said it when she explained her "embarrassing" cannon bankai that was a 1-shot version of her two-strike shikai.

I don't even know exactly what Unohanas banki is (seriously, is it some illusion thing?) is but her shikai is a massive healing manta ray.. soooo.

I'm not sure bankais are always related, I mean Ichigo's bankai really doesn't have much to do with his shikai.

Kusagari

As far as I can make out, Unohana's Bankai is basically corrosive acid, or corrosive blood - whatever, and it melted Kenpachi alive but she instantly brought him back to life.

Stinky

I'm not sure bankais are always related, I mean Ichigo's bankai really doesn't have much to do with his shikai.

You're right, but I checked and some people are citing this as a reference for "bankais and shikais are always related"

ktRShol.png

Take that as you will.

As far as I can make out, Unohana's Bankai is basically corrosive acid, or corrosive blood - whatever, and it melted Kenpachi alive but she instantly brought him back to life.

Wow I actually like this. I assumed illusion when I saw the skulls, just like with Byakuya seeing Zombie Rukia.

Plus the manta ray heals with its stomach acid so it does fit the shikai.

Kurita

I wonder if it will get bigger and keep a strong following while remaining quality. Always fear it may just drop off sometime and go battle manga to try to stay on top. I guess itd be safe if it passes the 60 chapter mark and then the 120-140 chapter mark...
Maybe it will be a relatively short but popular series.

Bleach

I'm just going to blame this chapter on Kubo writing it when he was sick. That was just a waste.

Naruto

I actually really liked this chapter. A lot less comedy banter between the hokage's for the better.

Still don't really understand what Orochimaru's plan is. Am I just missing something?

One Piece

:(

Grooming Sasuke.

Yeah, but for what exactly? He's already said he has no interest in the war and doesn’t even mind if the Hokage's join in after the talk. Sasuke already wants revenge on the leaf and is there really any other more opportune time than now? If anything the Hokage seem like they would more likely stop Sasuke than wanting revenge than anything. Why would Orochimaru want that?

Stinky

Yeah, but for what exactly? He's already said he has no interest in the war and doesn’t even mind if the Hokage's join in after the talk. Sasuke already wants revenge on the leaf and is there really any other more opportune time than now? If anything the Hokage seem like they would more likely stop Sasuke than wanting revenge than anything. Why would Orochimaru want that?

That was a pedophile joke, sorry. He does seem to be following Sasuke's command..for some reason

How come Ichigo's shikai heals him and his bankai is a speed up?

Ichigo's shikai heals him? But youre right, theyre unrelated by any stretch of the imagination. Ichigo is an exception to pretty much every shinigami rule I guess.

Naruto

Still don't really understand what Orochimaru's plan is. Am I just missing something?

I don't think so. I asked the same and I'm still wondering.

Sasuke doesn't even know what he wants anymore, that's why he has to ask the Hashirama in the first place. Orochimaru had a deeper reason for attacking the Leaf, which has yet to be revealed. It's still nonsense.

I don't think so. I asked the same and I'm still wondering.

Sasuke doesn't even know what he wants anymore, that's why he has to ask the Hashirama in the first place. Orochimaru had a deeper reason for attacking the Leaf, which has yet to be revealed. It's still nonsense.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Today's Bleach reminded me that we were never shown what Aizen's bankai was.

That we know of... *aizensmirk

Stinky

Today's Bleach reminded me that we were never shown what Aizen's bankai was.

I had the same thought. We'll definitely see him again though, Kubo didnt show him in his prison during the Quincy invasion for no reason. I'm glad that he made him refuse Bach's offer, that would be a bit lame.

Kusagari

I saw a hilarious theory that Aizen is in cahoots with Shunsui and this is all Kyoka Suigetsu so that Kenpachi can "love fighting again" without Unohana dying.

Not saying it's part of his power, because I don't think it is. But it's the closest thing I could think off, when it comes to Ichigo and healing. It still annoys me that Ichigo lacks any skill whatsoever.

That's why I liked the idea of him getting Fullbring powers. Then those were made pointless 5 chapters later.

RagnarokX

Naruto

I actually really liked this chapter. A lot less comedy banter between the hokage's for the better.

Perhaps there was a scene right after Orochimaru was revived that they didn't show where Orochimaru still wanted to attack the Leaf, but then Sasuke tells him Jiraiya is dead and Orochimaru starts crying. Orochimaru then reveals that the reason he attacked the leaf is because Jiraiya spurned his love, and his quest for jutsu was really to find a way to turn himself permanently into a woman instead of just temporarily taking over one's body like during his fight with Sarutobi so that he could be with Jiraiya forever. But the Senju kept that jutsu top secret and he got mad at the Leaf. But now with Jiraiya dead he no longer has ambition and he's hoping the Hokages will teach the jutsu to Sasuke so he can be together with Naruto and not repeat his mistakes.

Yonafunu

Perhaps there was a scene right after Orochimaru was revived that they didn't show where Orochimaru still wanted to attack the Leaf, but then Sasuke tells him Jiraiya is dead and Orochimaru starts crying. Orochimaru then reveals that the reason he attacked the leaf is because Jiraiya spurned his love, and his quest for jutsu was really to find a way to turn himself permanently into a woman instead of just temporarily taking over one's body like during his fight with Sarutobi so that he could be with Jiraiya forever. But the Senju kept that jutsu top secret and he got mad at the Leaf. But now with Jiraiya dead he no longer has ambition and he's hoping the Hokages will teach the jutsu to Sasuke so he can be together with Naruto and not repeat his mistakes.

This must be it. Kishi will find something worse.

You're right, but I checked and some people are citing this as a reference for "bankais and shikais are always related"

ktRShol.png

Take that as you will.

Wow I actually like this. I assumed illusion when I saw the skulls, just like with Byakuya seeing Zombie Rukia.

Plus the manta ray heals with its stomach acid so it does fit the shikai.

I like your observation.You seem to be on the right path.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Well his main goal, a slammin' new bod was already built for him by Kabuto. I imagine he isn't thrilled by the idea of a world under Tobi's control. (Since Tobi's a dumbass.)

KingJ2002

Bleach:

kind of a meh chapter... especially if unohana dies. She specifically says she learned kido so she can fight forever. I would assume she could heal herself with a spell... even if the dialog is "there can only be one".

I hope Zaraki at least understands the power of his shikai after this.

Naruto:

great chapter... i love these talking chapters. Seeing the first and the second bring the place down with just their intentions alone shows how they outlass so many. I mean... hashi already undid orochimaru's control of the edo tensei and just smiled... god shinobi indeed! i'm looking forward to the next couple of chapters and if sasuke decides to join the fight as a part of the leaf or as the new madara (in which naruto has to take him down)

good shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom