• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

And I don't think Neuro was even that popular so it's not even based on name alone. Unless his (awesome) one shots were really popular.
Oh man, you're the coolest guy. I love his one-shots.

Returning authors always get some sort of spotlight just by being returning authors, even from people who missed or skipped their first series. I know I'd do the same because I know that author can at least put out something not terrible. Really happy for Matsui's little break out, and AC is amazing.

Karate Minoru

Oh... well... okay. Well, I mean, whatever.

That was a bit disappointing. Are all his matches from now on gonna be this.. dumb?

Kreed

Gantz 377:

Any tiny spec of hope for a enjoyable ending for this train wreck have officially been squashed with this chapter. If Kurono wins, he gets celebrated by humans the author has gone out of his way to make sure you have no compassion for, even after the onslaught of human massacre chapters we had to endure months/years ago. And if he loses we have to deal with more chapters like this one of people talking about Kurono being a looser and maybe more human slaughter and US bashing.

And why was there a fake Hulk advertisement for the time square shot? Did the author have an really old picture of NY he traced/referenced from? Or does he really like the 2nd Hulk movie?

Soma

Abnormal-kei Joshi Ch. 2

YMN7t8y.png

More waifus introduced so we now have:

• The Mastermind/Stalker
  • The Serial Killer
  • The Masochist
  • The Chuunibyou
  • The Vampire
  • The Narcoleptic

Next chapter is most likely gonna introduce
the imouto.

Fun stuff.

IHaveIce

Banned
Perhaps there was a scene right after Orochimaru was revived that they didn't show where Orochimaru still wanted to attack the Leaf, but then Sasuke tells him Jiraiya is dead and Orochimaru starts crying. Orochimaru then reveals that the reason he attacked the leaf is because Jiraiya spurned his love, and his quest for jutsu was really to find a way to turn himself permanently into a woman instead of just temporarily taking over one's body like during his fight with Sarutobi so that he could be with Jiraiya forever. But the Senju kept that jutsu top secret and he got mad at the Leaf. But now with Jiraiya dead he no longer has ambition and he's hoping the Hokages will teach the jutsu to Sasuke so he can be together with Naruto and not repeat his mistakes.

This sounds promising. This could redeem Naruto, go Kishi, write it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gantz 377:

Any tiny spec of hope for a enjoyable ending for this train wreck have officially been squashed with this chapter. If Kurono wins, he gets celebrated by humans the author has gone out of his way to make sure you have no compassion for, even after the onslaught of human massacre chapters we had to endure months/years ago. And if he loses we have to deal with more chapters like this one of people talking about Kurono being a looser and maybe more human slaughter and US bashing.

And why was there a fake Hulk advertisement for the time square shot? Did the author have an really old picture of NY he traced/referenced from? Or does he really like the 2nd Hulk movie?

I think it's due to the story taking place in 2008. In some chapters you can see a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull poster.

Naruto:

great chapter... i love these talking chapters. Seeing the first and the second bring the place down with just their intentions alone shows how they outlass so many. I mean... hashi already undid orochimaru's control of the edo tensei and just smiled... god shinobi indeed! i'm looking forward to the next couple of chapters and if sasuke decides to join the fight as a part of the leaf or as the new madara (in which naruto has to take him down)

good shit

I think what Sasuke didn't finish saying was he'd either take down the leaf or all shinobi.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Next arc in Bleach: Duelist Kingdom sponsored by the Soul King.

Bleach

I thought it was very interesting how Unohana shikai and bankai are called Minazuki. Maybe that´s foreshadowing towards the zampakto explanation i hope.

I kind of like the Acid theory. I had to look back at what her shikai was because I was remembering the big ass manta ray, and it explains it as starting out as a green smoke that turns into the manta ray. It also mentions the acids of the manta rays stomach doing the healing. Not really conclusive, but I think it would kind of fit.

I kind of like the Acid theory. I had to look back at what her shikai was because I was remembering the big ass manta ray, and it explains it as starting out as a green smoke that turns into the manta ray. It also mentions the acids of the manta rays stomach doing the healing. Not really conclusive, but I think it would kind of fit.

Honestly, i have no idea what her bankai does. Some people are saying acid because it melted Kenpachi. Others say that Kenpachi becoming bones and flesh means he getting off his shackles that he put on himself. So him turning to actual skeleton never happens, except in his mind. Who the hell knows. I really not satisfied with this chapter.

Akito

A SBS question from the 68th volume

ibwzZNgXJJYmCz.jpg

Reader: Odacchi! When I went to the One Piece exhibition, in the Jump One Piece insert art gallery, I see the insert art for chapter 668, “Pirate Alliance Formed!”. In front of Ace’s grave, I saw three sake cups!!! Can I take this as “that person” went to visit Ace’s grave!? The only ones that know about this are Luffy and that person after all…

Oda: Yes, about that insert art for the weekly Jump chapter 668. For the weekly chapters, it’s covered with the text so the readers can’t see it clearly huh… But at that time, at the One Piece exhibition in Tokyo, they put up the clean version without the text and it becomes somewhat like a message of confirmation of “that person”. Later in this manga too you can confirm this clearly. As to what to think after seeing this, I’ll leave it to your imagination for now.

Interesting.

Honestly, i have no idea what her bankai does. Some people are saying acid because it melted Kenpachi. Others say that Kenpachi becoming bones and flesh means he getting off his shackles that he put on himself. So him turning to actual skeleton never happens, except in his mind. Who the hell knows. I really not satisfied with this chapter.

The only reason I think it's actually happening is because the stuff we were shown earlier was real. Kenpachi getting stabbed over and over and what not. It'd kind of be a dick move to stir up even more confusion with what is real and what isn't.

Now that you mention it.

wCLXyqT.jpg

Kusagari

Medaka Box 182

This Ajimu cockteasing is getting absurd. What is up with her being the last one to push and motivate Zen? She's the most important person to him outside of Medaka? lol

Regardless, great chapter.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyoujin 42
Even with the spoiler floating around a few days ago, shit is fucking intense. Ryner is an idiot though, you cannot reveal the most epic shit when Mikasa is still around.

upandaway

Shingeki no Kyojin

My jaw hurts from being open for half a chapter

That was easily the craziest reveal so far and it started with side bubbles that weren't even the focus of the panel, that really threw me off holy crap

Out of all the titans to say you are in front of Eren and Mikasa, THOSE TWO? SERIOUSLY? My mind is full of eggwash.

Dresden

shingeki no kyojin - 42

LOL

This is dangerous ground. The absurdity of so many people being giants is just . . . we're nearing the point where it just tips over. And not only just a giant,
but that particular giant.

But then, I suppose that's the danger with any narrative featuring this sort of an enemy--the Titans were more threatening when they had no names, or language. As we delve into just what they are, the terror fades.

Akito

Medaka Box
How can Nienami be this awesome. I don't know what's going on with the styles anymore but sure, go ahead try your luck Zenkichi.

Shingeki no Kyojin 42

Da fuck!?

This was the weirdest reveal ever. You got an important discussion going on, then in the background in a small bubble in one panel, it's just like "oh by the way, we're Titans and totally want to destroy mankind. I'm the armored one that's been the biggest pain in the ass since the beginning of the series".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shingeki no Kyojin 42

Da fuck!?

This was the weirdest reveal ever. You got an important discussion going on, then in the background in a small bubble in one panel, it's just like "oh by the way, we're Titans and totally want to destroy mankind. I'm the armored one that's been the biggest pain in the ass since the beginning of the series".

I honestly thought it was the scan team fucking with us. I mean holy shit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zenkichi Box 182

We're back in this, yeah! Zenkichi Box is Best Box.

I think this time we're really witnessing the final chapters of this.

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin 42

Da fuck!?

Exactly. If you're gonna drop a bomb that big, I usually expect some sort of weight to it but there was nothing shocking about it. I had to read that page over a few times because I thought I had missed something.

Just feels so rushed. The end of the chapter was pretty intense though.

Shingeki no Kyojin 42

Da fuck!?

I love it when shonens break conventions like that!

upandaway

Medaka Box

This is getting wayyyy too endgame for my comfort zone. No arc climax yet went quite this far.

I don't know, man. This is getting pretty crazy.

Also, hearing anyone in the manga refer to any ability as being particularly broken is a hell of a mind trip. I did a visible "whoa, wait one second there" when I went through that sentence.

upandaway

Shingeki no Kyojin

Exactly. If you're gonna drop a bomb that big, I usually expect some sort of weight to it but there was nothing shocking about it. I had to read that page over a few times because I thought I had missed something.

Just feels so rushed. The end of the chapter was pretty intense though.
Can't say I feel you there at all. The reveal was freaking perfect. It caught me off guard BECAUSE it came without warning, no dramatic build up or huge panel that I can see before reading the page or anything.

"Man my toe has been a bit scratchy lately what's u- BY THE WAY I'M THE ONE WHO RAPED YOU 10 YEARS AGO"

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02/ka...-a-live-action-adaptation-of-zekkyou-gakkyuu/

Looks like the live-action Screaming Lessons is going to focus on The Truth About Yomi from vol 3 (cha-ching!) and Human Rank from vol 8 (name doesn't seem to match any of the chapters out so far; is this the extra story?). Haruna Kawaguchi also confirmed as not-Yomi, supporting my previous speculation that she was barred from the role for having legs.

Medaka Box 182

Much as I like Nienami (and I do like Nienami), this feels more fitting. They're close friends, therefore his words will reach her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom