• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wait, why's Ignis getting banned? Due to his asperger's comment? o_O

I suppose Big One can be very daring since his mortal enemy is not here, hahaha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Naruto

Awesomeness. It's nice to see that the 2nd is also an incredible hardcore no-nonsense badass and Hashirama is even beyond that, casually breaking Oro's control like it's nothing.

Damn the Leaf gets all the most awesome leaders ever, feels kind of bad for the rest of the villages, hahaha.

I just wish Naruto is involved in this talk. Him being the main character should pass him a privilege to an extremely important character/plot revealer like Hashirama.

I'm guessing Ignis got banned for that Big One comment.

Crossed the boundaries of good taste.

I had a feeling that was over the line on GAF

I guess he's just legitimately annoyed by Big One. I was annoyed too by him putting up that large last page spoiler and then acted all indignant when people were upset, geez.

Hopefully it's not so severe as to warrant him a perma. I like the dude.

Fox318

Naruto

Awesomeness. It's nice to see that the 2nd is also an incredible hardcore no-nonsense badass and Hashirama is even beyond that, casually breaking Oro's control like it's nothing.

Damn the Leaf gets all the most awesome leaders ever, feels kind of bad for the rest of the villages, hahaha.

I just wish Naruto is involved in this talk. Him being the main character should pass him a privilege to an extremely important character/plot revealer like Hashirama.

Naruto knowing what the Hokage talk about doesn't change his motivations and goals. Sasuke on the other hand can become a hero or enemy based on what he hears.

Right now Sasuke is a blank canvas.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Naruto knowing what the Hokage talk about doesn't change his motivations and goals. Sasuke on the other hand can become a hero or enemy based on what he hears.

Right now Sasuke is a blank canvas.

Bah, I am betting a hundred million dollars that this is just Kishi carving the first step towards Sasuke's redemption.

I don't want him to have a redemption, unless "redemption" here means "a rasengan on the face."

Mael

Well Naruto is always good when Hashirama is there I guess.
I like how hashirama's cell is the answer of everything, need rinnegan? need to strengten your jutsu? need to control the kyubi? need a new oven?

Bleach, the bankai is the extension of her shikai, I think the shikai is manta used for healing others.
So....I guess the bankai is just healing power to heal her using blood or something...
IDK it doesn't make much sense but the pretty pictures are nice I guess.

WHEN WILL WE GET ANOTHER HXH CHAPTER?

Kabuto

Bleach

I'm going to be honest.

I have no idea what the fuck happened in this chapter at all.

The chapter was basically Unohana went bankai, Kenpachi loses his pupils, gets them back, they both move around, and Unohana gets stabbed. What in the fuck is up with Bleach

GlassBox

Banned
Naruto

Well that was interesting. It should have been expected though that either Tobirama or Hashirama could break free of Edo Tensei since Madara did it.

Glad at least Kishi made it clear that both of them were severely nerfed when Oro first summed them.

Some badass drawing by Kishi though with the Hashirama/Madara fight. I know a lot of people were always wanting to see that stuff ever since Kishi teased that two-page spread but never detailed it.

Bleach 526

WTF Freaky chapter. Wow I loved the expressions though on Kenpachi and Unohana's faces. Also did Unohana just confess Kenpachi is her soul mate or something? lol

I'm guessing that Kenpachi saves her and tells her there is only one Kenpachi now and that is him. Yachiru Kenpachi died at Zaraki Kenpachi's hand in this chapter.

So Unohana Retsu will continue on as the 4th division captain. How the fuck would you fight a war without a medical division that is missing its best healer aka Captain Unohana?

Naruto 620

Dunno why people are saying its amazing. Sure Hashirama is a badass now just really chill and stuff but nothing happened besides him flaring his chakra and Kishi over exaggerating the reactions of the crew.

I mean Madara did this a few 100 chapters ago guys. Remember the Meteors and Rinnegan?

I'm still not happy with how the Hokages were revived thanks to Deus ex Machina aka Uzumaki masks and that Sasuke seems to have grown a brain after meeting with Itachi to fight Kabuto and deciding to ask the 1st about what exactly is a shinobi thanks to plot and more flashbacks.

The Hashirama vs Madara fight next week should be good though, so thats something to look forward too.

But thats just my opinion.

Fox318

Bah, I am betting a hundred million dollars that this is just Kishi carving the first step towards Sasuke's redemption.

I don't want him to have a redemption, unless "redemption" here means "a rasengan on the face."

I'm no fan of Sasuke but if he has any sense he would follow what his brother would have wanted him to do. If he doesn't protect the Village or at least assist Naruto in protecting the people then I hope he gets a rasengan in his fat fuck of a face. These are the only people right now he should be going after:

G2c9Qtm.png

I think its braver of Kishi to make Sasuke have a redemption then just have him be the final bad guy. I think Root would make a better final villain than Sasuke. They pretty much disappeared from the story since Danzo was killed.

Naruto 620

Dunno why people are saying its amazing. Sure Hashirama is a badass now just really chill and stuff but nothing happened besides him flaring his chakra and Kishi over exaggerating the reactions of the crew.

I mean Madara did this a few 100 chapters ago guys. Remember the Meteors and Rinnegan?

I'm still not happy with how the Hokages were revived thanks to Deus ex Machina aka Uzumaki masks and that Sasuke seems to have grown a brain after meeting with Itachi to fight Kabuto and deciding to ask the 1st about what exactly is a shinobi thanks to plot and more flashbacks.

The Hashirama vs Madara fight next week should be good though, so thats something to look forward too.

But thats just my opinion.

In all honesty it's just fun. There are some series where I treat them like pop-corn movies. Just try and focus on the good bits or you'll bound to rage about it.

I'm no fan of Sasuke but if he has any sense he would follow what his brother would have wanted him to do. If he doesn't protect the Village or at least assist Naruto in protecting the people then I hope he gets a rasengan in his fat fuck of a face. These are the only people right now he should be going after:

I think its braver of Kishi to make Sasuke have a redemption then just have him be the final bad guy. I think Root would make a better final villain than Sasuke. They pretty much disappeared from the story since Danzo was killed.

You know what you are saying right? That you don't want Naruto vs Sasuke to happen. Which is kinda what this war has been leading up to if Kishi didn't all of a sudden do this mini Sasuke arc considering he promised Naruto he would kill him after getting his EMS.

Also how would Root make a better final villain with no head aka Danzo? Unless we have Cloned Danzo shenanigans like from Star Wars..... URGG what a terrible thought.

If Sasuke is redeemed then Naruto + Sasuke vs Madara + Obito needs to happen. Then Sasuke can fight Naruto and bet that if he wins he gets to be Hokage lol. 1st Uchiha Hokage and steal Naruto's dream, sounds about right.

Fox318

You know what you are saying right? That you don't want Naruto vs Sasuke to happen. Which is kinda what this war has been leading up to if Kishi didn't all of a sudden do this mini Sasuke arc considering he promised Naruto he would kill him after getting his EMS.

Also how would Root make a better final villain with no head aka Danzo? Unless we have Cloned Danzo shenanigans like from Star Wars..... URGG what a terrible thought.

If Sasuke is redeemed then Naruto + Sasuke vs Madara + Obito needs to happen. Then Sasuke can fight Naruto and bet that if he wins he gets to be Hokage lol. 1st Uchiha Hokage and steal Naruto's dream, sounds about right.
The war was never leading up to Naruto and Assume. It was always Obito AND Mandera vs everyone. Washier has barley been a part of the war outside of his assault on Danzo and him attacking bee for the brief time he was with working with who he thought was Mandera. Assume has had nothing to do since talking to his brother.

The war was never leading up to Naruto and Assume. It was always Obito AND Mandera vs everyone. Washier has barley been a part of the war outside of his assault on Danzo and him attacking bee for the brief time he was with working with who he thought was Mandera. Assume has had nothing to do since talking to his brother.

Well considering that Madara didn't exist in the war until after the Old Kages came back and got sealed I find that hard to believe.

Yes Sasuke hasn't been part of the war because of the Itachi revival and fighting Kabuto. Not to mention the ridiculous time it took for him to get his brother's eyes adjusted for himself.

But it is a mistake to say that Naruto vs Sasuke isn't the end result Kishi WAS aiming. I dunno about now but there was even a color page with them facing one another. Even the games tease the fight in the case of Ninja Storm.

WTF not come in here for a while , busy playing a new game and being hype for PS4 on the 20th .
Only to see Angry Grimace ban along with Ignis Fatuus what the hell happen .

Naruto
Good chapter looking forward to the next one to see where the story goes .

Bleach
Not much to say about this chapter still such a shame this is what Unohana big moment turn out to be .

Wow, you guys. Ignis is banned, Big One is being a big one, rage over Bleach spoilers and Grim isn't here to see all this. Good job.

@Spoilers - For the past 3 OTs I've been posting in, it's been an assumed rule that spoilers should be tagged if it's before scans are available. That's the standard operating procedure. It's in the OP as well, though not exactly clearly worded (it mentions "translation is out" for a reason).
This is what I was told, when I started posting in here again. The discussion of leaks should be treated as spoilers and tagged accordingly.
Naruto

Hashirama redeemed from last chapter. Holy shit was he badass here. Everyone shat their pants when he got serious.

Also lol at Kishi finally confirming Hashirama and Tobirama weren't at full strength when they fought Hiruzen.

Like Hashirama needed any redemption, just because he was a bit goofy last week.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
WTF not come in here for a while , busy playing a new game and being hype for PS4 on the 20th .
Only to see Angry Grimace ban along with Ignis Fatuus what the hell happen

Huh?

He's banned too? No he's not.

And Ignis broke one of the main important rules of mangaGAF: don't take stuff too seriously, especially when Big One was just being... well, Big One. Well, can't really blame him from being annoyed though.

Huh?

And Ignis broke one of the main important rules of mangaGAF: don't take stuff too seriously, especially when Big One was just being... well, Big One. Well, can't really blame him from being annoyed though.

Well his name gray out so i thought he got ban .
Reading back some pages seem he taking a break because of a exam or something like that .

Huh?

I thought Angry Grimace banned himself so he can focus on his bar exam?

Well, at least he's doing something great with his life rather than spoiling other peoples fun while referring to himself in the third person.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well his name gray out so i thought he got ban .
Reading back some pages seem he taking a break because of a exam or something like that .

this was self inflicted more likely due to the Bar exam he has to study for.

he is but just not for the usual reasons.

I thought Angry Grimace banned himself so he can focus on his bar exam?

Well, at least he's doing something great with his life rather than spoiling other peoples fun while referring to himself in the third person.

Oh! I apologize; I didn't see his name yet.

Yeah, Angry was a self-imposed ban. Judging how he always win the top position on MangaGAF's wall of shame it's probably a good idea so that he can focus to other stuff, hahaha.

I kind of miss him already; he seems like the only one capable of acting as the perfect foil to Big One, heh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
To clarify, Ignis actually asked for the ban. There was lots of weed involved.

And he'll be back in a week.

Cwarrior

Bleach - This is Forgetting

I hope this is over, so I can begin to forget about this.

Kubo's work is 2deep4 me and us all.

Naruto

This conversation is with old hokages is the most interesting thing to happen in naruto in a long time.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
So what cause the spike in Toriko's ranking?

Toriko always ranks high, and is consistently in top 3. Why? Because it's good.

Bleach
I love Bleach and all, I really do, but what the hell was that? Didn't even understand what the hell her Bankai did, plus she somehow lost, just cuz Kenpachi enjoys fighting? Um...
I hope Kubo isn't going the route I think he is, i.e. powering up Kenpachi and Byakuya and forgetting about the other captains, just because they're the most popular. I want to see Unohana fight in the war and show the full extent of her Bankai, not Kenpachi just waving his sword around for the 100th time. I want to see Rose, Shinji, and Kensei's Bankai, as well as character development, not Byakuya making the fan girls cream by doing some new technique for the 100th time.
Unohana better not be dead Kubo. She was an interesting character, far more than Byakuya, and Kenpachi, and this war was the perfect time for her to shine, along with the rest of the under used captains. Byakuya's had his development and should have died, but now he's in the Royal Realm, where Ichigo and Renji are coincidentally getting power ups? Kenpachi, as you've shown with this fight, will be same now and forever. Fight, fight, fight. No new techniques or anything, just swinging his sword harder. Sure it's been fun so far, but it's nowhere near as interesting as say SEEING WHAT UNOHANA'S BANKAI ACTUALLY DOES...
Hopefully this is unwarranted worry, but it still doesn't stop this chapter from being crap, especially after this arc has been so good.

To clarify, Ignis actually asked for the ban. There was lots of weed involved.

And he'll be back in a week.

How anti-climatic. Sounds like a Bleach chapter!

But it would've surprised me if he really got banned for calling Big One out on his personality issues.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
So why does nobody buy it :( :( :( :( :( :(

Because they think the food premise is stupid, even though if they actually read it they'd discover a well thought out manga with a ton of badass characters doing insanely crazy and powerful shit. Kinda like One Piece meets Dragon Ball Z, expcept with a way more interesting main character.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Because they think the food premise is stupid, even though if they actually read it they'd discover a well thought out manga with a ton of badass characters doing insanely crazy and powerful shit. Kinda like One Piece meets Dragon Ball Z, expcept with a way more interesting main character.

Currently, Toriko dwarfs OP/Bleach/Naruto. Well, maybe not Naruto for me since I like it the most subjectively.

Akito

Naruto
I hate those gigantic fights in Naruto, everything looks like a mess. Harashima was badass I guess.

Bleach
Jesus Christ just fuck already, that was some terribly cheesy lines. I don't think that Unohana is dead yet or she might has the worst bankai ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom