• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin
Shoddy reveal aside, there was some other really interesting bits of information in this chapter. Ryner and Bertholdt had the objective to erase humankind but not anymore? I wonder what exactly has changed. And why didn't they transform when their squad (?) was attacked by Ymir?

Shingeki no Kyojin

Can't say I feel you there at all. The reveal was freaking perfect. It caught me off guard BECAUSE it came without warning, no dramatic build up or huge panel that I can see before reading the page or anything.

"Man my toe has been a bit scratchy lately what's u- BY THE WAY I'M THE ONE WHO RAPED YOU 10 YEARS AGO"

It does break conventions, which I'll give the guy credit for, but it's definitely going to be divisive when it foregoes something so generally accepted as a means to build tension. In my opinion, a reveal should give you an "OH SHIT" feeling, not a "wait... what?" feeling.

I'm sure there was foreshadowing if we go back and look for it, but it still very much came out of left field in the sense no one was even on the topic of Titan identities.

upandaway

It does break conventions, which I'll give the guy credit for, but it's definitely going to be divisive when it foregoes something so generally accepted as a means to build tension. In my opinion, a reveal should give you an "OH SHIT" feeling, not an "wait... what?" feeling.

I'm sure there was foreshadowing if we go back and look for it, but it still very much came out of left field in the sense no one was even on the topic of Titan identities.
Yeah, I get what you're saying.

I don't think so. I asked the same and I'm still wondering.

Sasuke doesn't even know what he wants anymore, that's why he has to ask the Hashirama in the first place. Orochimaru had a deeper reason for attacking the Leaf, which has yet to be revealed. It's still nonsense.
Orochimaru attacked the leaf because he wanted to prove to the third that forbidding jutsu makes the leaf weak and that he would have been a stronger Hokage. It was out of spite. He's still working with Sasuke because he wants his body to become immortal. He's no longer desparate with his arms back.

Naruto 620
tumblr_mi6gg279NX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Suigetsu was quite hilarious in the chapter, that moment, the other one as well. I cant imagine what type of chakra and power Tobirama must have to even frighten Minato and Sarutobi-sensei and get Lord Orochimaru so serious like that. Sasuke seemed unmoved by it. For some reason am hyped for backstory even though Im usually not a fan, but the action scene started seemed to be quite compelling.

Does he really think Sasuke will have a change of heart by his words and not by Naruto's words?

Naruto 620
Hashirama continues to be awesome by basically shrugging off Oro control without a care. Actually looking forward to the flashback fight next chapter.

Bleach 526
Chapter was bad. Kenpachi plowing through Unohana's Bankai was alright though. I kinda do hope Unohana is actually killed off.

RealPG 14
Really felt like the manga is ending soon after reading the chapter.

Zenkichi Box 182
I still have to catch up to this since I left off at the beggining of the Jet Black Wedding, so I don't know what's going on, much less who everyone is yet.

That said I had to comeback just to see Zenkichi's time to shine! Let's just hope he doesn't screw it up.

Also it only took me 1 scene and that Nienami girl is already a personal favorite of mine.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zenkichi Box 182

I can already see how this is going to end. "I beat you therefore all my friends are alive" or something like that.

Zenkichi Box 182

I can already see how this is going to end. "I beat you therefore all my friends are alive" or something like that.

But that ending wouldn't be FRESH now would it?

Zenkichi Box 182

While not as good as Kumagawa Box, still looking forward to Zenkichi being the star again

Also I agree with the "this seems like the finale" sentiments. I really can't see us having another arc with a villain even more powerful then the FRESH maker

Lirlond

Damn, advance on titan just throwing that shit out casual. Part of me is thinking the humans made titans to begin with, and now the titans just want their dudes out the walls.

Rorschach

Tobirama just saying that Orochimaru clearly perfected the Edo Tensei, and "this time" brought them back virtually fully-powered. As if to say that their previous resurrection vs the 3rd was incomplete.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

Makes me wonder who killed Hashirama. Probably some nobody with a random kunai to the back.

Big One

Banned
Naruto B

Decent chapter, hopefully the flashback satisfies as it could cover some really interesting ground and actually expand on Naruto lore.

Bleach F

Wow, that was worse than I expected it to be. Just garbage. Where did the love thing come from? Kubo really pulled this one out of his ass. Hey Kubo, ever heard of foreshadowing and build-up? Apparently not.

Kreed

Shingeki No Kyogin 42:

Now I know how the FMA folks felt back in the day complaining about spoilers. That week early spoiler discussion disguised as normal chapter discussion just messed up the whole chapter. Not even going to write impressions cause it wouldn't be fair to the chapter. The chapter was good though.

Gantz 377:

I think it's due to the story taking place in 2008. In some chapters you can see a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull poster.

Interesting, I figured the story was just based in the "present" with no actual time frame. Wonder how the invasion affected the US election in Gantz time?

dramatis

Shingeki no Kyojin 42

Already hungering for another chapter. The reveal was ok, I chalked it up to Ryner being mentally unsettled after the last stand at the tower.

It's nice that the huge titan and the armored titan were sort of painted as these unknown, dangerous 'inside' people, but it turns out they might not be after all.

That said, I'm surprised Kurita outlasted some of you in not changing his avatar. Neoriceisgood's reign must come to an end, eh?

Food Smut 1-10

It does kind of suck having this be in Jump because we'll never get to see all that the female characters have to offer in this series. Other then that it's fantastic easily the best new thing Jump has started since Assassination Classroom.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach

"Brought Me True Joy" is the new "The Heart"

One Piece

*sighs* Of all the weeks to take off. Hopefully Toriko will be good.

Big One

Banned
Bleach has always been this way to be honest, sometimes it just takes a slap to the face to make people realize it. THE HEART was the same type of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom