• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beelzebub 192

All around it was a good chapter. Best parts were:

- Furuichi "trying" to act serious

- Bandaged up Kuneida with her in the miko outfit later on

- A random Goodnight appearance

Otoyomegatari - 23.5

hqeMjdL.png

Are almost all the women in this manga this badass?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What's going on to- *reads last few pages*
.................. Yikes.

So... how about that Toriko?

Kusagari

Beelzebub 192

Furuichi acting like a boss as usual this chapter. Looks like this arc will actually be pretty long, but at least the enemies being so powerful has been explained.

Jintor

Woah! Bleach temporarily dipped back into zany irl high school adventures after the conclusion of the fake Karakura Town arc and it's bringing back memories of the first few volumes which I thought were amazing!

Woah! Bleach temporarily dipped back into zany irl high school adventures after the conclusion of the fake Karakura Town arc and it's bringing back memories of the first few volumes which I thought were amazing!

Makes me still remember my hopes that Keigo Asano would get a huger role in the franchise. We need more high school battle adventure shonen action series.

Jintor

Okay. I admit it. That Substitute Shinigami arc was pretty baller. Self-awareness out the wazoo, pacing clipped along nicely, great twist at the end. More urban mystery style, even if it had a training arc. Also it allowed Ichigo to (eventually) show off how ludicrously OP he was against a villain that pretty much got in over their own head.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Okay. I admit it. That Substitute Shinigami arc was pretty baller. Self-awareness out the wazoo, pacing clipped along nicely, great twist at the end. More urban mystery style, even if it had a training arc. Also it allowed Ichigo to (eventually) show off how ludicrously OP he was against a villain that pretty much got in over their own head.

Whey! Someone else who likes the FB arc. That makes like 5 of us in the whole world!

It's honestly where I think Kubo does best. Short arcs, or small side stories within an arc. Some of my favorite parts of Bleach are always the somewhat self contained stuff. TBTP, Mayuri's fight in Hueco Mundo, Fullbring arc(until the shinigami show up), all some of my favorite parts of bleach. Wish he did more of those and less of the drawn out stuff.

789shadow

Banned
What universe is this?

Jintor

Well, it still has a lot of the same problems as larger Bleach but it just seems to bug me less in this arc just because everything feels new and refreshing because it's not a god damn power-level tournament or some other part of Aizen's master bullshit plan or something

It's also satisfying in a 'Lvl 90 characters solo a Lvl 40 dungeon' kind of way.
The end result of the villain's protracted gambit is this awesome power upgrade shit and everybody still wipes the floor with them. Oooh, so enjoyable!

/edit Kubo really does keep pulling character abilities out of his ass though, jesus.
This jackass with the sword/bookmark must have, like, 15 different abilities

Kusagari

Ginjo is the worst thing about the Fullbringer arc. One of the lamest villains I've seen in a shonen.

Facebook made up for him though.

Jintor

To be fair, the arc isn't that bad in one go. Week-to-week is a bit spotty but it's a kind of fun self-aware arc.

Shonen manga is never good week to week imho. It's like having a bite of one meal every day over the course of a month or something.

Gintamen

Never say never. The last OP cliffhanger served it's purpose pretty great. Harder with art fixated stuff like Bleach... made to be read in tankobon form.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shonen manga is never good week to week imho. It's like having a bite of one meal every day over the course of a month or something.

It's really like that for all serialized stories. I wish I had the strength to wait until an arc was over before reading it.

You mean the anime, where the pacing felt completely different from the manga? And his bitter scream near the end?

Bleach has always felt better as an anime, the people doing the adaptation are competent and the story just feels better and more enjoyable, better paced I guess. The music also really gives it a special feeling.

Jintor

Bleach has always felt better as an anime, the people doing the adaptation are competent and the story just feels better and more enjoyable, better paced I guess. The music also really gives it a special feeling.

I've been watching toonami. The only thing that makes Bleach the anime bearable is the chat mocking it relentlessly alongside me

I didn't think the rest were THAT bad for what they were. Bradley went to hell after he turned into the Hulk against Kenpachi though.

The punk kid was actually pretty cool, but he was more Facebook's lackey I guess.

I liked twintails. She was okay. She should have gotten to play with Rukia more though.

Gintamen

She was the only "good" one out of the bunch and yet nearly the only one to live on. Sadly we can't have any undead ones aside from Chad, Inoue and the mc.

She was the only "good" one out of the bunch and yet nearly the only one to live on. Sadly we can't have any undead ones aside from Chad, Inoue and the mc.

I still think she commited suicide. It could just be the depressing nature of that chapter that makes me think that though. Just seemed like an odd end to a depressing chapter.

I didn't think the rest were THAT bad for what they were. Bradley went to hell after he turned into the Hulk against Kenpachi though.

The punk kid was actually pretty cool, but he was more Facebook's lackey I guess.

They where mostly uninteresting especially when they try to justify their actions with their issues while fighting, felt way too rushed at that point to give a flying fuck.

Honestly punk kid was one of the worse for me since i just did not fucking care, hell i was on icetard's side for that fight.

The only one i kinda felt bad for was Jackie/Dirty Boots girl due to what looked like a shitty ass past but Renji handled that fight like a boss.

Edit: oh you mean the one with the luck based gauntlets/punches? he was alright.

DTL is blinded by the FB anime arc, the only arc since the beginning with a good pacing, meaning two/three chapters in twenty minutes.

That battle theme was used hundreds of times, enough is enough!

I generally liked the Bleach anime, but the constant fillers ruined it for me. I dropped it after the Grimmjow fight, I think.

Bleach's 3rd OST is pretty amazing. Definitely one of my fave soundtracks -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwfJMiXauU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWnoJhBNF8

Absolutely. I love the third soundtrack.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
basically it's all BS written to manipulate people into thinking bleach is better than it is. You could make a way better post in this vain about Luffy or even Coby from one piece without even trying.
I doubt it. Luffy has 0 character development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom