• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I've just read 3 chapters of that SIN webtoon or however it is called that sometimes pops up on the ads on here and I'll say that it's not too bad, though the focus switching between groups each chapter feels confusing.

Beelzebub

I'm really liking how this arc is shaping out. Nice reveal at the end of the chapter. I feel like we're supposed to assume it's Nasu that has the contract but it will end up not being him.

Haikyu! 10-16

Pretty good first match. I was actually surprised they won, I figured they'd lose just based on how most sports manga go at the beginning of the story. At first it was annoying that they were focusing so much on spiking, but after the end of the first match I kind of understood it, just adding more depth to the game as the manga goes on. I think I just have to ignore my thinking when reading this and just sit back and enjoy it. So far, it's pretty good.

Mael

I started Gokinjo
What should I expect?

So....
no one read Gokinjo?
gokinjo_01.jpg

MCD

Reading Medaka Box where the anime stopped...

Did Medaka's personality change completely or is it just me? She is no longer the dumb ass optimistic big boobs happy girl. Now she is always serious and moody with a man jaw.

And whole manga is now different, it's just one long battle manga starring a magnificent troll.

Maedhros

Why are you guys discussing Kyo?

We are better than that filth, bleh.

I have never seen a battle manga that is so as incredibly formulaic as Samurai Deeper Kyo*. So much so that it's rather offensive to me.

The battles, especially, are incredibly stale and follow the exact same formula over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. For example, I lost count on how many "HE SUDDENLY DISAPPEARS AND SUDDENLY REAPPEARS AT THE BACK TO ATTACK" the author pulled off.

It's like Gamaran's seemingly unending "Hmph", which is annoying but at the very least Gamaran's fights are okay, for the most part. Unlike Kyo and its unbearable... almost everything.

*Except maybe Fairy Tail.

Sounds like Bleach.

Yonafunu

Gamaran 176

Damn, this series is incredibly boring. Every single battle is exactly the same. Every one! I can't believe this hasn't been cancelled yet. Good god.

Karate Shoukoushi 193

Nice chapter. I liked the more humourous approach to the fight up until the end of the chapter, it's a nice change of pace coming from the serious fight against Yuuto.

The Breaker: New Waves 105

Baldy and Nine-Arts Dragon having the same master is a cool twist. Shioon going crazy has been going on too long now. Get a grip son, it's getting boring.

OPM 24

I really like this series, but reading it on a weekly basis can be really bad or annoying. While half the chapter was once again excellent gif material, nothing really happened. I want to know who the guy in that last panel is!

Qvoth

opm 24
oh wow, the arms mode thing does not exist at all in the original opm by one
i guess that's murata's way of increasing the number of pages without adding any real impact to the story lol

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Vol 3 + 4 and Trigun Vol. 1 came in. Yay!

D. Gray Man Volume 3 (Chapters 17 - 26)

I really like this series so far. The beginning with Komui's robot was hilarious. Lenalees anti-akuma weapon is badass, I hope for some good fights showcasing it down the road. Nice to see we have an organized group of villains like every shounen. Road Kamelots character design reminds me of the girl from It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!, pretty fun villain so far. Miranda is a neat character, hopefully she shows up again in the future.

Please don't end up as bad as everyone makes you out to be, D.Gray-Man. I really enjoy you right now.

On that note, I'm still very behind on One Piece, better get to work on that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One-Punch Man

More GIF material. You know Murata is enjoying this.

Assassination Classroom

If Itona has tentacles, then how many other people like Korosensei exist out there? Hmmm.
Been a while since we've seen his angry face.

Assassination Classroom 30

Wow Korosensei pissed face is scary.

Yumekui Merry 57

Dat beatdown. Curious how Yumeji survived. Hercules is still OP.

Karate Minoru 192-193

Lame fight.

Fairy Tail 319
tumblr_inline_mi9pz2TB3H1qz4rgp.png

Really splendid chapter. Iron Shadow Dragons Roar was quite destructive and really epic. When the anime gets around to it, it will be just as as epic was Natsu's fight was with Sting. Natsu getting in on a dragon attack too really rounded out the experience.

The deception aspect is quite baffling, really hope the truth is immediately revealed next chapter.

Tizoc

He's a canon sue.

What do you expect?

He's taken the place of Minato as Ninja Jesus.

Oh and let me just add, that when 'Madara' told Konan that he awakened Nagato's Rinnegan I almost face palmed, STOP FORCING THESE GODDAMN UCHIHAS AND SHARINGANS INTO THE BACKGROUND OR PLOT ELEMENTS KISHIMOTO!

Speaking of Minato, just making him 'perfect' makes him less interesting, it's felt like lazy writing tbh.

Tizoc

Naruto Vol. 59, Ch. 558
When did Naruto learn Instant Teleportation/Transmission?

Ch. 559
...aaaaaaaaaand the silly twist rears its head.
Then again I've found the Masked Man to be a really good liar.

upandaway

Assassination Classroom

Still unclear whether it's something they gained after birth or whether they were born this way.. and it seems the only things the brother can move at the same speed are the tentacles.

I'm 99% certain that the very nice lady that was killed by tentacles in that flashback was a teacher.

Haikyu 47

That guy from Aobajousai is always so dang scary! What's with him and being intimidating? That's not very nice.
His serves are pretty cool though, so I like him.

Takamagahara 01-17

Well thanks Japan for not liking this series.

I rather liked it. Art was pretty good, the characters were nothing too amazing, but the powers were definitely the coolest part of the series. That and all that delicious Japanese mythology. It definitely had potential with all the powers especially the indirect ones that were just beginning to get hinted but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Hatsukoi no Atosaki 1-4.5 (end)
tumblr_mhv2gkTthb1rshhtho1_250.jpg

This four or so chapter story was a good yet brief lead. Focusing on two characters who seemed to have been lovey dovey in highschool then drifted apart rather swiftly once graduation hit then living a life of regrets (Nishina's divorce from a marriage of a woman who loved someone else, and Miyama being unable to find anyone to truly love and consistently reminiscing of the old days), it was a nice enjoyable and fast ride to see if they could come back together. I liked the flashbacks though the girls in the school were horrible, making fun of them for sticking together so much.

Alyosha! 33

That went well. At this point I think the MC should just give up on standard assassination techniques and resort to heavy explosives, because she's evidently not killing the big bad hard enough.

upandaway

TWGOK

Just how complicated can a kid's inner turmoil be? The only possibilities I can think about are either easy enough to be solved on the spot, or straight up impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom