• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Does Trigun anime cover the whole manga?

Not even close.

I liked the manga, it sorta erases the anime for me, but I am a huge whore for "canon" when it comes to this shit. I love Nausicaa the movie but the fact that the manga for it keeps going sorta erases the movie. I just gotta take the "real" version of any of these stories, the idea of a story being cultivated with all sorts of little hints and scenes for specific purpose later on being taken on by another author and those hints and scenes rendered meaningless or misconstrued makes my skin crawl. No better than fanfiction in the grand scheme of things. Original author from start to finish or bust.

I guess Nausicaa is a weird case, though, considering Miyazaki did BOTH. His version of the world definitely evolved beyond what the movie conveyed as he continued to write the manga, though.

Anyway before the manga ruined it for me, though, Trigun was definitely one of my favorite animes. Worth it for sure.

Kachou wa Kakko Ii 1
tumblr_mied29jVvB1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Guess its about two or three stories, wonder when that story will come, good character art all around. Anyway the first story, my manager is cool is rather hilarious first in the mangers reactions to after he's dumped by the woman, then in the office space leader, then once when the new comer, Takemoto comes. Thankfully he tried to stand up for Sakaki when the lady was liked she stirred his coffee with her heel...I laughed quite a bit during the whole chapter and even after the drinking scene and what not, just hilarious.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Piano no Mori 95-112

Jesus christ Shuuhei, what is with your constant fucking insecurity?

Apparently I've missed a whole bunch of chapters, and it's interesting to see how the state of kai's hand will develop.

suzu

The Trigun anime was really good, but I also enjoyed the manga (though I read it waaay after I had already finished watching it).

--

The art has improved quite a bit since the first volumes, it can hold the comparison to Otoyomegatari pretty well now I think.

Yeah, her art seriously improved a lot. I was pretty amazed by how super detailed everything was in A Bride's Story.

Here's a video of her drawing Amir.

Tamanon

Banned
I never knew the Trigun manga was so different from the anime. Reading through some of the changes and story, it's almost like a FMA rendition.

Milamber

Oku-san

After Masakazu Ooi's Ichinensei ni Nacchattara comes a complete role reversal of a ditzy huge-chested newly wed housewife. Love it, slice of life and very reminiscent of Yotsuba.

EDIT: Upon further investigation I stumbled on a ton of NTR doujins of this manga. Now I like this even less.

EDIT 2: ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻

dumbyugi

Prunus Girl 41

It seems that Maki has finally come to terms with his feelings. The text at the bottom of the last page makes it seem like next chapter is the last. Does anyone know if it is or not?

dumbyugi

Yuru Yuru 1-5

It's full colour but each chapter is only like 7 pages long. It's somewhat amusing but because it's so short some of the jokes just kind of finish without much of a punchline.

1 Love 9

A 4koma about a boy who lived on an island without a highschool so he moves to Tokyo to attend a school there. It turns out that the ratio of men to women in Japan has, for some reason, become 1:9. Because of this men are treated incredibly badly. They are lower then dogs in a family and have to live in a dog house. It's not bad, though something about it just doesn't sit well with me.

Milamber

Anime just delivers the already excellent skits in A/V form. If I had to choose, it would be manga first but the anime has a certain charm to it. Plus, the OP is funny/good.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
it has similar beats at a point then diverges wildly imo

its also not a one to one thing on the similar beats sections since certain events are either completely different or changed around (hell the manga has a character the anime doesn't).

The whole thing around Wolfwood just gets so damn strange in the manga.

Dresden

hinamatsuri -

Wow, this is good.

f4DRqvk.png

It's like one of those stories where a young man has to raise a child, except if the young man was a Yakuza guy and the girl was some deadpan mutant weapon from space.

Jintor

Cromartie Vol 2

The writing in this is so top-notch. It's so... oddly deadpan.

However, I think I'm in the mood for something with plot (no, not 'plot'). I'll put this on hold and check out something else on my bucketlist.

Akito

Prunus Girl 41

It seems that Maki has finally come to terms with his feelings. The text at the bottom of the last page makes it seem like next chapter is the last. Does anyone know if it is or not?
It is, we have an one month break and the last chapter comes after that. One part of me is thankful that the series won't get stretched out but the ending seems a little too sudden.

dumbyugi

It is, we have an one month break and the last chapter comes after that. One part of me is thankful that the series won't get stretched out but the ending seems a little too sudden.

They have been building up to what I can only assume is some form of a confession from Maki for the last few chapters so I knew it didn't have long left but it does seem a little bit rushed.

Akito

They have been building up to what I can only assume is some form of a confession from Maki for the last few chapters so I knew it didn't have long left but it does seem a little bit rushed.
I hate how almost every romance manga end right after a (successful) confession, I always like to see how the characters are as a couple, even only for a little while.

Jintor

I hate how almost every romance manga end right after a (successful) confession, I always like to see how the characters are as a couple, even only for a little while.

That's probably why I like Yandere Kanojo. They got that shit out of the way in like 2 chapters and the rest of the manga is just lols

I guess that's not really a romance manga though

Antiwhippy

That's probably why I like Yandere Kanojo. They got that shit out of the way in like 2 chapters and the rest of the manga is just lols

I guess that's not really a romance manga though

Nah, just because it mostly relies on gags doesn't mean it can't be romance.

Jintor

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Vol 1

I don't really know what to think of this so far. Seems alright, but not as great as I had hoped from the premise.

Antiwhippy

Jojo Bizaare's adventure: Stardust Crusaders: Death 13

I seriously have no idea how to label this manga

Feed the demon baby it's own shit? Sure.

dumbyugi

I agree, even if it's only for one or two chapters I like seeing how the characters interact as a couple.

Kurita

Stone Ocean vol.3
Some scenes are so confusing. Can't tell what the hell is going on.
Still amazing though. That Highway to Hell stand is pretty cool.

wonzo

Banned
hinamatsuri looks super interesting

AKB49 114

The new girl owns and I can't wait to see THE STORM CRUSH THE 8 GODS.

aunt tits 68

hanada's pretty moe. i can't wait to see how he's gonna get blue-balled next :sarc

Akito

Emma v5
The flashback with Papa and Mama Jones was pretty sweet, now I can see how he will eventually tolerate the William-Emma pairing.

This was such a powerful scene, especially when you consider the situation they were in. Thank god the Mölders are such great open-minded folks. Uh oh, here comes the end boss Viscount.

dumbyugi

Nana to Kaoru

I finally caught up again. I stopped during the dog arc. The dog arc was alright, but it was a little bit to absurd for me to take seriously. This latest arc has been great though. It's been really intense and I'm glad some of Nana's issues are being resolved. It's a shame that this probably won't help further Nana and Kaoru's relationship at all.

Milamber

Nana to Kaoru

I finally caught up again. I stopped during the dog arc. The dog arc was alright, but it was a little bit to absurd for me to take seriously. This latest arc has been great though. It's been really intense and I'm glad some of Nana's issues are being resolved. It's a shame that this probably won't help further Nana and Kaoru's relationship at all.

Go read Arashi.

wonzo

Banned
akb49 - 114

I think I can move on from Okabe's death now.
I'm sure she'll be back, just like Ajimu.... ;______;

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Vol 1

I don't really know what to think of this so far. Seems alright, but not as great as I had hoped from the premise.
I haven't really read Yankee-kun due to all the bad things I heard about the ending but you might wanna check out Yamada and the Seven Witches instead (same author).

Jintor

I just had a quick glance through my one copy of early Bleach. I think I might go pick up some early Bleach volumes and stop when I hit Soul Society, at least in terms of physical ownership.

Man, I've had this so long the pages are starting to yellow :|

Nana to Kaoru

Man, I haven't read this for a while.

If only the protagonist's art design wasn't quite so out of whack with the rest of the world. From memory, it's almost Accel World levels of 'eh'

Akito

Emma v6
Noooooooooooooo, I knew the Viscount was up to no good. At least William's grown a pair and is putting up a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom