• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Even though both of those series were cancelled they are also both did get an ending. Shaman King came back years later and got a few more volumes to properly finish and Busou Renkin got an extra long final chapter in Monthly Jump.

I wouldn't call Shaman King's ending "properly finished".. god did I hate the ending.

Akito

WTF is this shit? Status? I mean, really? Are these official or just something out of some fan desilusional, wet dream? It seems so strange for Magi to actually have ranks of power like Dragon Ball or some other battle shonens...
The infos came from the official guide book.

upandaway

Huh, I wonder how these stats are revealed. Like, one character each in a random chapter?
They're from the Magi Official Guidebook (and they're in those little hexagon chart things)

WTF is this shit? Status? I mean, really? Are these official or just something out of some fan desilusional, wet dream? It seems so strange for Magi to actually have ranks of power like Dragon Ball or some other battle shonens...
Like every single shonen with a databook/guidebook has those hexagon stats. It's not a big deal. And dunno what you mean by power levels when it tells even less of a character's "powerlevel" than the manga itself does in any single chapter.

Cwarrior

He was the artist of Eyeshield 21, the (american) football manga, which was published in the WSJ.

Too bad Eyeshield writing was bad, I could never get passed how retarded it was that the main character had a god given hax for a sport his never played or even knew anything about, really stupid how he was already better then everyone that loved the sport and been practicing for years before he even set foot on the field.

I just dropped it after that.

dumbyugi

Too bad Eyeshield writing sucked, I could never get passed how retarded it was that the main character had a god given hax for a sport his never played or even knew anything about, really stupid how he was already better then everyone that loved the sport and been practicing for years before he even set foot on the field.

Isn't the main character being hax a standard thing for almost every Shonen Jump series?

Ai wo Kou Kemono 1
tumblr_mie0vlWBa61qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good art and character designs and based on this chapter off to a good start. I guess it could be considered to have a love triangle but not really. I dont think Akira actually truly loves his father at least in the manner of what their doing but just craves love from someone, perhaps Kaoru can get his attention, at least, he does seem to have interest in him and their library conversation was going places.

Akito

Emma v3
Not nearly as depressing as I had expected, both Emma and Williams are coping well with the new situation. Williams in particular seems to have some sort of plans, probably fulfilling duties until he becomes the family head and is able to to do whatever he wants. Emma had some great luck to find that job.
The art has improved quite a bit since the first volumes, it can hold the comparison to Otoyomegatari pretty well now I think.

MCD

Medaka Box

Man, I don't know why I'm still reading this. They just spent like twenty chapters just to get Zenkichi ready to fight Medaka and to claim the main character spot when suddenly, the troll behind this farce decided to forget all that and turn it to a romantic manga.

But forget all that for a sec, have some Kumogawa flashback just because he is awesome. Still not as intimidating as he was before they turned him to a shonen support character.

Sun-ken Rock, 13

Ah yes, it seems that with the introduction of the panty lady from the temple, the fan service overload has officially begun. Starting the chapter with a wet dream is definitely a good way for that.

QmKHAAK.png

Ken giving yet another speech about his justice and all that was a bit redundant, right after the mountain climb, but I guess it was needed to show Mr Street Fighter that he's serious about it. Hui-rin wanting his dick right after that was kind of funny, mostly because Pickaxe saw it and got mad again. Her wanting to join the gang however, ehhhh. I can see how she's going to be used as constant fan service material from now on.

Also

XKboRzn.png

Genius.

Sun-ken Rock, 13

Ah yes, it seems that with the introduction of the panty lady from the temple, the fan service overload has officially begun. Starting the chapter with a wet dream is definitely a good way for that.

QmKHAAK.png

Ken giving yet another speech about his justice and all that was a bit redundant, right after the mountain climb, but I guess it was needed to show Mr Street Fighter that he's serious about it. Hui-rin wanting his dick right after that was kind of funny, mostly because Pickaxe saw it and got mad again. Her wanting to join the gang however, ehhhh. I can see how she's going to be used as constant fan service material from now on.

Shes actually one of the few better females along with Yu-min

If you are worried about that now then...

Sun-Ken Rock
*spoiler for something later so dont read if you care*
Still the best scene for me is the one where the
artist apes off Trigun, which IIRC he is a huge fan of hence the scene.

Sono Mama de 2
tumblr_micev7R3vO1roto0lo1_500.jpg

BFFS to Lovers, maybe, Tsuji seems undecided or just unconcerned with whatever their called but at least still loves the company and even staying with him waiting for him to come home. Dinner moment was good and the walk home.

Akito

Emma v4
Well damn, things are moving fast again. So William didn't actually have a plan, he just gave himself up to fate. Luckily for him fate is on his side, Mama Jones is here to the rescue. Emma sure was looking fine in the dress.

Sun-ken Rock 14-15

nOi8mSQ.png

Yep, this training is hell alright. Pickaxe wanting to stab Ken because of the Hui-rin incident was good and the encounter with the bear was really hilarious. But Ken on the mountain top and the gang getting back into their suits was absolutely the highlight.

GY1yBUL.jpg

This scene was literally the most "boss" scene I've read in this entire week. They're back and they're better than ever.

Following the standard shonen formula, I guess it should be time to get back to Seoul and kick some ass, to test their new "powers". So hyped!

Oh boy, RIP Kusagari
I hope it won't last for too long

He got banned for thread whining, so I guess he'll be back soon.

Shes actually one of the few better females along with Yu-min

If you are worried about that now then...

Sun-Ken Rock
*spoiler for something later so dont read if you care*
Still the best scene for me is the one where the
artist apes off Trigun, which IIRC he is a huge fan of hence the scene.

I'm not worried yet, but gawd damn her outfit ...

I love how useless spoilers are, when you quote the post. But in this case it's not bad, because I never heard of Trigun before.

Toriko Galaga Gator and Rainbow Fruit Arcs

Well I decided to give this series a try again and it's alright so far. Still don't like Toriko's design but his powers are cool (from what we've seen so far).

I love how useless spoilers are, when you quote the post. But in this case it's not bad, because I never heard of Trigun before.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Akito

He got banned for thread whining, so I guess he'll be back soon.
Yeah, I've seen the thread which got mentioned by upandaway and DTL but I don't really know how long you're banned for because of thread whining.

What the fuck did I just read? "Reading" is putting it too strongly. What the hell was that?
Haha, I love reading people's reactions to this, such uniformity .

Oh shit, a new Teppu chapter and I have absolutely no clue about what's going on anymore.

Azure J

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge

This is teetering ever closer to smut GAF standards and being as crazy as Mirai Nikki with each new chapter.

We're not shocked that you haven't seen/read it, we're shocked when you said you've never heard of it. It'd be like someone who's a fan of anime/manga never having heard of Dragon Ball or One Piece.

Agreed, Trigun's manga art is all over the place

Wow, okay. I didn't know it was that bad. It's just that I get most of my manga from this thread and I don't think I saw it being discussed in here before, so that would explain it.

And watching anime is too time consuming for me, so I'd rather stick to the manga, unless the difference is really that huge.

Soma

Trigun Maximum is great. Gets kinda hard to read towards the end but I absolutely prefer it over the show (which is also good).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, okay. I didn't know it was that bad. It's just that I get most of my manga from this thread and I don't think I saw it being discussed in here before, so that would explain it.

And watching anime is too time consuming for me, so I'd rather stick to the manga, unless the difference is really that huge.

You are better off watching it. That said take your time, you can do one a day or one a week or whatever. Or if you ever get sick and can't do anything watch it then.

dumbyugi

The anime is better but the manga is still good, the art can get a bit messy though.

The manga story diverges somewhat from the anime though so there is a point you might have to check both out (i.e if you like it).

Also voiced by dub Ichigo/Black Ranger too :p

You are better off watching it. That said take your time, you can do one a day or one a week or whatever. Or if you ever get sick and can't do anything watch it then.

I'll try it. It's just that I have rather long days (up to 12 hours), depending on the project, so when I come home, watching a show got a really low priority for me. I also have about 30 unread manga on my list that I want to read one day, but because you guys keep recommending (mostly) the good stuff, I feel like it grows with each day. Man, times were great back then, when I only read Naruto and Bleach at MS. Ignorance is a bliss.

The manga story diverges somewhat from the anime though so there is a point you might have to check both out (i.e if you like it).

Also voiced by dub Ichigo/Black Ranger too :p
I don't watch dubs.

I'll try it. It's just that I have rather long days (up to 12 hours), depending on the project, so when I come home, watching a show got a really low priority for me. I also have about 30 unread manga on my list that I want to read one day, but because you guys keep recommending (mostly) the good stuff, I feel like it grows with each day. Man, times were great back then, when I only read Naruto and Bleach at MS. Ignorance is a bliss.

I don't watch dubs.

Too bad it's dub is incredible, also I agree anime > manga the way the anime handles the events of 23 and 24 is far superior to the manga's version.

Trigun.
Anime.
Dubbed.

Got it.

damn you guys!

In the end it all comes down to the amount of episodes for me. The Dragon Ball/OP comparison scared me somewhat and I thought it was a long running monster, but seeing how it has only 26 episodes ... Yeah, that's manageable.

Defuser

Magi
My god, Aladdin is hax now, makes Judal looks like a small fry.

I can see it now.... the fanalis will slowly overcome aladdin then Alibaba will swoop in to save the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom