• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed him. He is shown shadowed first then you can see his legs/feet on the left of the larger group pic

Wow, I missed him completely. Guess I skipped past the first panel he was in as he's in plain sight.

Wonder if they're farther up than Koon. It would be interesting if they switched narrative to them, but I thought Siu mentioned the next bit would be set up for the warehouse game.

Kurita

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol.1
As I said, I'm reading through the manga again.
God, the art was really... not bad but some characters like Jono-Uchi or Yûgi were really weird.
The games so far were great and Yami Yugi had some serious balls. Dude lit a guy on fire.
Loved the air hockey game with explosive in the puck :lol

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol.1
God, the art was really... not bad but some characters like Jono-Uchi or Yûgi were really weird.
The games so far were great and Yami Yugi had some serious balls. Dude lit a guy on fire.

I'd love to go to an alternate time line where the YGO manga didn't turn into card game central. Those first 7 volumes were really dope

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Courtesy of Hisashi Sasaki, the deputy director of Shonen Manga Group (you know him best as the editor in chief guy from Bakuman):

shonenjump14.jpg
No14. ONEPIECE69, BLEACH58, and CROSS MANAGE1 all will be in store next Monday in Japan! pic.twitter.com/fWeGzGRDbs

That's the issue that'll be leaking within 24 hours :x

bigkrev

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol.1

First 7 vols are probably my favorite Manga ever. Yeah, early on the characters kinda look strange (Yugi looks hideous early on). I loved early Yami, who clearly didn't give a fuck about killing/injuring people. I always thought the exploding air hockey was kinda dumb though- I loved the Knife-money game the most of the first vol stuff.

I'll hate Viz forever for the censorship though. I bought the first book when it came out, and over the years it got worn out and destroyed. So a few years ago I decided to rebuy it, and in the scene where the Teacher is getting excited about finding contraband, they changed the original line of "Cigarettes? Lipstick? Condoms?" to take out the cigarettes and condoms part.

Oh man, I loved the chapters I read of early Yu-Gi-Oh!

Yami Yugi was just sadistically torturing these bullies.

wasn't that why he got the "Yami" moniker in the first place, because he was fucking ruthless?

Courtesy of Hisashi Sasaki, the deputy director of Shonen Manga Group (you know him best as the editor in chief guy from Bakuman):

That's the issue that'll be leaking within 24 hours :x

Stay free Jump

Rak>all :D. I´m so glad he´s back. I was arguing with people on another forum and i mentioned how TOG neglects characters like Rak, and now he´s back.

I think this is the first time I've completely agreed with you.

I loved his line about finding a lying turtle. Rak is so great. I hope we get some tiny Rak at some point, but not sure we really could.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I love the dynamic shading on the Fullbring covers. Wish Kubo stuck with that style.

Kurita

First 7 vols are probably my favorite Manga ever. Yeah, early on the characters kinda look strange (Yugi looks hideous early on). I loved early Yami, who clearly didn't give a fuck about killing/injuring people. I always thought the exploding air hockey was kinda dumb though- I loved the Knife-money game the most of the first vol stuff.

I'll hate Viz forever for the censorship though. I bought the first book when it came out, and over the years it got worn out and destroyed. So a few years ago I decided to rebuy it, and in the scene where the Teacher is getting excited about finding contraband, they changed the original line of "Cigarettes? Lipstick? Condoms?" to take out the cigarettes and condoms part.

Seriously? smh

I forgot that Honda and Jono-Uchi were such assholes back then.

Mr. Fix

I'd prefer covers like volume 49, but that Unohana one is still excellent. It's a shame that it isn't used for the new volume cover though.

Stinky

It's a contrast, but it comes off as blah to me. Unohana doesn't need lipstick and it just seems weird.

Why does it have to be lipstick? Lots of people naturally have lips like that.

Look at Rocco from Mega64 lol

I Can't tell that Unohana or Byakuya..

Nah, its obvious. Byakuya has that stupid hair..thing. Theyre smaller in this arc but theyre there.

Foreshadowing.

RETCON: I think you mean retcon.

I'm not a scar guy.

neither am i but its not bad or a possible difference between a 10 and a 2. I would be more thinking of who would do such a thing given where it is lol

I'd prefer covers like volume 49, but that Unohana one is still excellent. It's a shame that it isn't used for the new volume cover though.

volumes are usually behind the current story so you would have to wait for the next volume.

And i think there is a good chance it could be her (due to her reveal) or Kenpachi or maybe Eyepatch since he's the commander now.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Unohana will take the next cover. She hasn't had one yet, the volume will basically be the fight between her and Ken, and, now that she's dead, so she won't have another chance.

upandaway

Iinazuke Kyoutei 6

5hDlXWZ.png

Haha okay. Well, okay. Okay. I get what's going on. I get it. "It's ovulation day <3" was just pickle sauce, hahaha. What the hell! If he didn't hit his head she would've definitely raped him.

This is pretty much Nisekoi: Actually Smut Edition (Model: Marika)

Bynrhildr

I don't know, maybe I'm sheltered or something, but that seems a bit really super ultra ridiculous to me. Two years on the spot? Is there any country where that's legal?

Stay Gold 1.5

I wonder what is the purpose of the female whos in love with Hayato who is in love with his own uncle Yuuji. She just has no chance at all and is barely noticeable even, poor megane. Anyway if Hayato would stop running and confront Yuuji, or if Yuuji could have the same feelings.

I'd love to go to an alternate time line where the YGO manga didn't turn into card game central. Those first 7 volumes were really dope

Yeah, I loved all that. My first exposure to everything Yugi was back in '02 when Shonen Jump was released in America and I really liked it. But I never did get into the card game so I never picked up the volumes or watched the show. :/

Kurita

It's not like Yu-Gi-Oh became shit when they started playing cards.
Actually it gave us Battle City which is one my fav shounen arcs ever.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 41

I'm fine with a more human, relatable character being put in amongst the evil organisation. Should give more of an insight into their machinations. Maybe she'll make it onto the ECSC one day.

Fujimura-kun Mates 82

An extremely safe, professionally checked and thoroughly reconsidered launch.

Is this an Arisa parody?
Nope, just a round of the King's Game.

Me ni wa Sayaka ni (pt 2)

Really nice chapter. A ghost tells of how Nono has like Fujikara for a long time and Fujikara as well. Pretty good short manga.

Undertaker Riddle 38
tumblr_miuhglineP1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally after like nearly 200 days a new chapter, now if we can get the rest faster. Luka had an interesting story and that trauma. Really tragic backstory with the family being slain and then hanging himself for feeling at fault about it since he was at a performance while they were away. Thankfully Ansem to help him through it and inspire him, now dead but reliving to use his violen to take out these rouge characters. Poor Eve, but Luka gave her a fantastic funeral scene.

Sun-ken Rock, 19

ASkLtRj.jpg

I get the feeling that this is what Beelzebub would be like, if it didnt have the supernatural stuff in it. Ken really turned into some kind of monster or demon. His new gained strength is insane, so it's a bit disappointing that we didn't get a proper boss fight. It was really anti-climactic. The fact that Ken wanted to spare hat guys life, shows how naive he still is.

qzY0tXh.jpg

Tae-Soo is really one dark and sneaky bastard, but I guess that's expected, seeing what kind of connections he has and where he comes from. He wanted that street and by leading Ken to Miss Ryuu, he knew exactly what would happen. Now that Ken saw through it, I wish he confronted him, but he calmed down again. Disappointing and I'm hoping for a proper follow-up on that one.

The end to that chapter and volume was crazy. He's such a lucky SOB.

IvWEbLb.jpg

Gin'iro no Kami no Arisa 1-2 (END)
Stumbled across this by accident while trying to work out what Antiwhippy was talking about before.

I love manga. This was a shoujo revenge 'em up about a girl who's utterly fucked over by her supposed friends, has an underground training arc, then returns from the the 'dead' to counterfuck them. MC was a bossette and I loved seeing her triumph. Really, there was too much material to cram into two (albeit long) chapters and it'd would been even better spread out across a volume or five.

April Retcon: Woah, 1973? Must be the oldest manga I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom