• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Apparently you do, since you bother to actually comment on it.
Of course I bother with it, I mean that is why I'm reading Naruto.

But last chapter you had potential setup for a cool chapter about two adult males having adult problems.

This chapter was about kids whining about shit cause the world isn't fair and other emo garbage.

Naruto

WTF
4 Brothers for Madara, he had 3 more besides Izuna? Also Hashirama had one more besides Tobi....

Man the war scene was pretty awesome but this chapter was pretty boring overall.

If I'm gonna grade it then a 4/10.

Can't wait for Bleach and One Piece, maybe they will make up for Naruto like always for me.

Jump Issue #14 TOC
Beelzebub (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko (Center Colour)
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Me wo Miharuhodo no Miseinen (Oneshot, Center Colour)
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Koisuru Edison
Haikyuu!!
Gekikara!! Curry Prince (Oneshot, Center Colour)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Sket Dance
Gintama
Bleach
Medaka Box
Kochikame
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker
Cross Manage

Jump Issue #15 Information

Lead CP/Cover: Assassination Classroom
Center Colour: Haikyuu!!, Nisekoi, Medaka Box

Soma, Assassination Classroom, doing so well.

Dont understand how Hungry Joker is lower than Kiruko, no :(

Eusis

This is a bit off-topic but, for some reason I want to know the kind of games that mangaGAF posters like/are playing right now.

So, what games are you playing right now, members of mangaGAF? And what games do you really like?
I may just be lurking (following Bleach serious, Naruto semi-seriously, Onepunch Man seriously, and World Trigger and DBZ colored popped up in Shonen Jump so why not?), but I got MGR last week, Fire Emblem Awakening earlier in the month, EOIV today, and plan to get Atelier Ayesha, Monster Hunter 3, and maybe Bioshock Infinite next month.

By the way, is it me or does some of the translations in Shonen Jump seem kind of sloppy? Notably that Naruto chapter.

Vinland Saga

Yeah, farmers are not a match to professional soldiers.

Historie

Very good development.

Dark Air

Melrose can really fight.

Naruto

A nice set up chapter.

one piece spoilers

Chapter 700: His own pace (referring to Luffy's)
Caribou got curious and returned... only to find the soldiers looking for him. He hides from them.

As the world tumbles in chaos, several of Doflamingo's clients tries to reach him.
One of his client is in middle of a civil war, and if they can't get the weapons from Doflamingo, they will lose.
Bonny is wearing a coat that covers all her body (to hide?), reading all this in a newspaper.
Many others around the world read the news, wondering what Dofla is up to... and if there are more information about this.
Included are some random pirates, thugs on streets... and Jinbe.

Meanwhile in Captain Kid's hideout in the New World..
Apooo (probably) yells out why their alliance is already revealed, and who the hell this news reporter Abusa is.
Apparently this news reporter is known for reporting multiple scoops in the recent times... (a contact in the underworld?)
Kid assumes Luffy & Law is also after a Yonkou, just like they are, and wonders who they are after!

Meanwhile in Dressrosa, the loli is sitting staring at countless den-den mushi ringing for the retired king.
Doflamingo is on the phone with Law. "It's me. I quit Shichibukai"
Luffy jumps on the phone and yes "Hello! Hello! This is Monkey D Luffy, the man who will be the pirate king!"
He then tells him they'll return Ceasar since it's a promise, but if you're Ceasar's boss who did all those horrible things to the kids and Brownbeard, he'll come kick his ass if he ever does it again. lol
Dofla ignores the threat, and asks where Luffy, the brother of Ace... has been for the past two years.
Luffy replies it's a secret he's not supposed to tell.
Dofla tells him he has something in his possession that Luffy wants.
Luffy assumes he has some delicious meat. Of course.
Law stops Luffy, warning him to not let him control the conversation at his pace.

Law tells Dofla to cut the chatter, and that he will return Caesar as promised.
Dofla first confirms his "business partner"'s saftey by listening to Caesar's voice.
Law tells him the exchange will be done eight hours from now, at the southern beach of Green Bit, located north of Dressrosa.
They will leave him there at 3PM, he can come recover him after that. There will be no contact.
Dofla says that's a shame, he would have liked a drink or two with Law all grown up.. but Luffy cuts the phone.
Luffy says Dofla was about to control the conversation at his pace again, while his eyes are still meat-on-bones.

Sanji is worried Dofla will bring his whole crew, but Law says that doesn't matter.
This whole returning Caesar business is really just to buy time.
The plan is to use this time to attack the SMILE factories on Dressrosa, but there is one problem... Law doesn't know where the factory is.
That was one crucial information he could not obtain, the factory may be hidden somewhere.
Law claims he has never been to Dressrosa.

Luffy is already thinking about the adventures on Dressrosa, and wants to also go to Wano soon after.
Law warns him they need to make plans, they can't just show up there, but Luffy is already not listening, he and the Strawhat crew are already on to talking about breakfast.
Law is sucked into the conversation, saying he's not fond of bread.... only to catch himself getting sucked into Luffy's "pace". LOL

Kin can't tell the crew WHY he was being chased, but originally he set out to find the place known as Zoe (Zou/Zoe)
Law is surprised to hear this, going there was his next objective after destroying the factory on SMILE. His crew are waiting there (Bepo "AIAI!")
Kin wants to ask them if they can tag along but is hesitent from asking, but Luffy immediately says they'll go along all the way to Wano.
Law: Hey! Wait, hold on there!

Three samurai and Momo.. the four of them were sailing for Zoe, but got lost on the sea.
Two samurai (including Kin) and Momo made it to Dressrosa. But they were chased by Doflamingo and Momo ended up sneaking onto a ship full of ill children.
The other samurai Kanjuro sacrificed himself to allow Kin to chase the ship, and is held at Dressrosa still.
Luffy & co are moved by the tale, and swears to go rescue Kanjuro, while Law desperately tries to convince them to stay on the plan.

Meanwhile, at New World Marine HQ...
Commodore Brannew is explaining the importance of Shichibukai to board full of marine officials,
The current seven were...
"Hawkeye" Mihawk - the world's greatest swordsman
"Ten-yasha (Heavenly Devil)" Donquioxte Doflamingo - King of Dressrosa and Charisma of evil
"The Tyrant" Bertholomew Kuma - The Human weapon of the marines
"Pirate Empress" Boa Hancock - Current Empress of Amazon Lily
"Surgeon of Death" Trafalga Law - The mastermind behind the Rocky Port incident
"Clown of thousand coins" Buggy - the leader of the Pirate Ditachment Organiztion and a living legend
Plus the aforementioned man... making it seven. (Looks like Brannew was talking about the mysterious seventh shichibukai before we were cut to thsi scene)

But that all changed this morning as Dofla suddenly quit the Shichibukai.
This will cause an unbalance in the world order! Sakazuki tells Brannew he is aware of all this.
He won't let Law or the Straw Hats have their way. He got the report from Smoker in G-5, and already dispatched Fujitora.

Meanwhile in Dressrosa..
The crowd outside the palace are begging for their king to not abandon his throne
Baby 5 is looking for master Trevor, and asks the loli where he is. She doesn't know.
The old man and woman of Dofla's crew are wondering what the master is planning to do, while the fat man is flexing saying he'll take on any marines that come.
Trevor finds Baby 5, and approaches her. Trevor is a slimy, ugly man. He is both slimy in appearance and attitude, which Baby 5 cannot stand. She tells him Dofla is calling for him, to bring him "the goods". (revealed at later...)
Trevor jokes about Baby 5 picking the wrong men, and she should marry him instead
To which Baby 5 goes into her usual "he needs me!" behavior, which the geezer duo puts a stop to.

Dofla is talking to a man named Diamante, the "hero" of the colosseum.
He commends his work at making the colosseum a success. Diamante tells Dofla the credit is all yours, as a charismatic king.
But Dofla insists Diamante is the hero of the colosseum, and the credit is his.
Dofla almost takes back what he said after Diamante replies again he isn't worth, but Diamante stops him in his tract "Well in THAT case, I shall admit. I AM the hero of the colosseum!!"

While the two are having this rediculous conversation, the slime-man Trevor appears to bring him "the goods".A small treasure chest.
Dofla says if the Straw Hat finds out about this, he will do everything in his power to obtain it.
His "alliance" will be nothing but a shackle to him.
Dofla entrusts "it" to Diamante, to which Diamante refuses saying he is not worthy.
Dofla insiists. Diamante insists. Dofla almost gives up, when Diamante cuts him short "OK I ADMIT I'M A GENIUS!"

What's inside the treasure chest is Ace's Mera-mera fruit.
Dofla laughs, the Straw Hat wouldn't want anyone else having this fruit, now would he? Fuffuffu!

Meanwhile, the Straw Hats arrive at Dressrosa - the island of Love and Passion.
The island is surrounded by massive boulders,
"We're here! Dressrosa!"

Dresden

moteki - 08

I don't think I can handle this lewdness.

IPEvDEj.png

tenchir

Naruto

Wow, it's depressing that the average lifespan of the shinobis and citizens back then was 30.... and it is mostly as a result of the death of so many children. That means that you have a good chance to live to old age if you can somehow survive your childhood.

What's odd is that if an Uchiha's sharingan can grow stronger as a result of a death of a love one, then why aren't there a bunch of Uchihas with MS? Surely a lot of them lost their parents/sibling.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gin'iro no Kami no Arisa 1-2 (END)

Stumbled across this by accident while trying to work out what Antiwhippy was talking about before.

I love manga. This was a shoujo revenge 'em up about a girl who's utterly fucked over by her supposed friends, has an underground training arc, then returns from the the 'dead' to counterfuck them. MC was a bossette and I loved seeing her triumph. Really, there was too much material to cram into two (albeit long) chapters and it'd would been even better spread out across a volume or five.

April Retcon: Woah, 1973? Must be the oldest manga I've read.

I was actually referring to this Arisa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arisa_(manga)

Which is kind of a dumb conspiracy manga revolving around a King's game.

Kusagari

If someone had posted Bleach spoilers like that Beam would have been bitching up a storm.

There's no warning whatsoever. Just a small "one piece spoilers" text and then instantly blocks upon blocks of spoilers without even spoiler tags around them.

Mr. Fix

If someone had posted Bleach spoilers like that Beam would have been bitching up a storm.

There's no warning whatsoever. Just a small "one piece spoilers" text and then instantly blocks upon blocks of spoilers without even spoiler tags around them.

What better way to pave the way or deflate discussion for later if we're all talking about it now? Not that I'd let that happen though.

Bleach
Well this chapter just confirm what we all know that Ichigo mom was a quincy .
Still i got to lol that Ichigo is part everything and nothing else happen .

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Text spoilers are easy to avoid. Just scroll scroll scroll. I'd say its even better that they're in blocks rather than it being like one sentence under the title. If it were your eyes might gravitate towards one of the words that could give it all away.

With a warning + Big blocks that describe the whole chapter I don't even think it's bad. Now, if it were, for example a few weeks ago and beam just straight up posted the pic of aokiji entering the stage, that would be a mess, cause one picture is hard to gloss over without at least seeing part of it before realizing you need to avoid it.

Bleach

My body is ready. It confirmed what i already knew. Now all i need a conformation is here being Ryuken´s sister. I have been waiting so long for this.

That´s a bold face fucking lie. You posted the Bleach spoiler without bolding anything. Don´t make yourself to be the fucking victim. I spoilered tagged like it should be, so there´s no excuse to say that there was no warning. Besides it´s in a damn quote.
I'm just saying he's complained about people posting Bleach spoilers before and then does that.

It's incredibly hypocritical.
That´s a fucking lie. I only complained when you posted Bleach spoilers without bolding or even writing Bleach. Without any damn warning. Making yourself to be the victim is turning up to be hilarious.

Bleach

I was really surprised to see Ikumi. I thought she was never going to show up again. And the best part is that she knows what a shinigami badge is. Which could mean that she is important for the future.

Bleach

Man Kubo is king of facial detail. The bags of sleep deprivation under Ichigo's eyes and emotion on Ichigo's face, amazing to say the least. Also nice use of side characters such as Ikumi as a place for Ichigo to escape for a bit. Isshin standing off against Ichigo was the highlight panel though.

This chapter also explains one fact if the translation was decent enough, Masaki is a Kurosaki so Isshin's last name must be something else, I'm thinking along the lines of Shiba. Must explain why Ichigo looks so much like Kaien Shiba while Ganju looks a lot like Isshin.

I'm calling it now, Isshin is the captain of the 10th division or a former Zero squad member. Or maybe even a former member of Yamamoto's old squad lol. Makes for another curious question, why didn't Masaki just kill Grand Fisher when he attempted to attack Ichigo? So many questions and so many things to explore. Cannot wait Kubo, why must chapters come weekly? T_T

10/10 from me as I was really waiting for a chapter like this.

I don't believe that Masaki and Ryuuken are related by blood.

I also don't think Ikumi knows what a Shinigami badge is since she didn't see Isshin when he was right there.

Bleach

Man Kubo is king of facial detail. The bags of sleep deprivation under Ichigo's eyes and emotion on Ichigo's face, amazing to say the least. Also nice use of side characters such as Ikumi as a place for Ichigo to escape for a bit. Isshin standing off against Ichigo was the highlight panel though.

This chapter also explains one fact if the translation was decent enough, Masaki is a Kurosaki so Isshin's last name must be something else, I'm thinking along the lines of Shiba. Must explain why Ichigo looks so much like Kaien Shiba while Ganju looks a lot like Isshin.

I'm calling it now, Isshin is the captain of the 10th division or a former Zero squad member. Or maybe even a former member of Yamamoto's old squad lol. Makes for another curious question, why didn't Masaki just kill Grand Fisher when he attempted to attack Ichigo? So many questions and so many things to explore. Cannot wait Kubo, why must chapters come weekly? T_T

10/10 from me as I was really waiting for a chapter like this.

I don't believe that Masaki and Ryuuken are related by blood.

I also don't think Ikumi knows what a Shinigami badge is since she didn't see Isshin when he was right there.

Isshin is a Shiba, Masaki is an Ishida. Ikumi does know what is a shinigami badge. Check her expression on page on page 10. Middle panel far left drawing.

Even the stream basically sucks these days. I miss the days when we had good translations.

Stream always made a few mistake every now and then for eg when they left out Shanks name when they were talking about COC during the war .
Still these new guys make them look so much better because of how bad there are .

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Even the stream basically sucks these days. I miss the days when we had good translations.

They definitely aren't perfect, but at least they translate with some Character. Not to mention their great text styling and excellent raw quality. When they stopped doing the big three for a while it was a dark chunk of weeks.

Hmm a lot of people are saying/implying that Masaki being a Quincy was predicted years/a while back.

But it sounds more like confirmation bias to me.

While I do think most people confirmed that Masaki wasn't full human especially after Aizen mentioned Ichigo's birth, I doubt most people thought Masaki was a Quincy immediately. Not until the Fullbring arc and even then until Bach pretty much confirmed it.

Beam, that is just Ikumi noticing that Ichigo left something at her house. Its also symbolism that Ichigo is unsure of his identity more than ever, you don't just leave the one device that transfer you out of your body to your super form in some human's house. Ichigo's shinigami body is pretty useless without his Zanpaktou since he doesn't know Kido but if a hollow attacked he could be more of a use in his Shinigami form. Of course with his mental state its better he left it there. Makes for another Ikumi appearance to knock Ichigo out of his slump after Isshin reveals everything to him and he gets emo again since Rukia is over at the Royal Palace.

Not to say that Ikumi doesn't know that its a shinigami badge as that might be the case. But I'll wager that she doesn't and is a normal human or a former Quincy at most.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm a lot of people are saying/implying that Masaki being a Quincy was predicted years/a while back.

But it sounds more like confirmation bias to me.

While I do think most people confirmed that Masaki wasn't full human especially after Aizen mentioned Ichigo's birth, I doubt most people thought Masaki was a Quincy immediately. Not until the Fullbring arc and even then until Bach pretty much confirmed it.

People have been saying Ichigo is part quincy for a LONG time now. Next to Tobi as Obito it was the worst kept secret in manga.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I would love to live in Bleach universe.

I mean, in it basically an already dead person can still shag/wed a living person and having a child + family.

That's a fantastic second round bonus.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So is there a dead Masaki just wandering around in Rukongai or what. You can't have a whole damn series set in the afterlife and expect Ichigo's dead mom to never show up again.

I mean, in it basically an already dead person can still shag/wed a living person and having a child + family.

I've always wondered if Isshin has been using a gigai this whole time.

And for that matter, if he was hiding his powers during the SS arc, or only got them back after the SS arc via some wizardry after having burnt them out via Final Getsuga Tenshou up until then. Guess we'll probably find out soon!!

ant1532

Banned
Naruto
I just stopped using my Hashirama avatar this week but i might go back to lil hashirama soon...
Enjoyed the chapter, poor itama(i like how they made him look like zetsu)S

Shinobi life is tuff.

Umm I hope you know that Shinigami in Soul Society have kids lol so they aren't technically "dead" dead. Byakuya and a whole bunch of others were born in SS.

It is a fantastic second round though lol.

People have been saying Ichigo is part quincy for a LONG time now. Next to Tobi as Obito it was the worst kept secret in manga.

While I have seen a few guesses in the past years it was hardly as apparent as Obito/Tobi but it might have been the forum I was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom