• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Magi

No Magi next week? :(
Yeah, it's terrible. Minamoto too, I think. All these breaks man, breaks up in the everywhere lately. We might as well start counting what DOES show up next week or something, seriously now. Seriously.

That Loli-thread...my head hurts.
I saw it, made some excuse to myself about having some stuff to do, and managed to run away without posting anything. It was pretty close, lemme tell you.

Now the thread is basically a JGAF party! Funny how that works.

Yonafunu

You must be one of those sick twisted perverts the thread's talking about!

tumblr_m64inyQUoo1rxnlflo1_500.gif

I really don't like K-ON!

I saw it, made some excuse to myself about having some stuff to do, and managed to run away without posting anything. It was pretty close, lemme tell you.

Yeah, I'm not going in there. That shit cray.
Lots of definitions and terms getting mixed up 'n shit, I don't even know.

That Loli-thread...my head hurts.

It's always an uproar whenever there's a thread about loli/moe.

Yeah, it's terrible. Minamoto too, I think. All these breaks man, breaks up in the everywhere lately. We might as well start counting what DOES show up next week or something, seriously now. Seriously.

Half the thread is just people trolling anyway.

I'm not sure if this got posted while I was banned, or maybe beforehand, but I found the American cover for Sankarea pretty interesting.

Blood drenched girls on a manga cover?!

The anime comments...if only the anime could have been a three episode ova and thats its (maybe four if we included one of the bonus episodes that was mindblowing).

Kusagari

It's actually a solid adaption of the manga, the only real problem is the open ending but that's due to the ongoing manga.

Really? I heard the exact opposite from others, which is why, as a fan of the manga, I never watched it.

Gonna have to add it to my list.

Wow Assassination Classroom seems to still be selling well.
37, *18,581 *,524,942 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.2
40, *17,670 *,626,848 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.1

*1, 181,008 *,181,008 Fairy Tail Vol.36
*2, *83,295 *,515,351 Kuroko no Basket Vol.21
*3, *67,650 *,208,911 Worst Vol.31
*4, *66,315 *,*66,315 Nobunaga Kyousoukyoku Vol.8
*5, *65,682 *,*65,682 Fairy Tail Vol.36 Special Edition with DVD
*6, *63,875 *,942,721 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.18
*7, *63,152 *,319,657 Toriko Vol.23
*8, *53,909 *,*53,909 Seitokai Yakuindomo Vol.8
*9, *52,616 *,299,058 Gintama Vol.48
10, *49,446 *,*49,446 Hanagimi to Koisuru Watashi Vol.5

Akito

Really? I heard the exact opposite from others, which is why, as a fan of the manga, I never watched it.

Gonna have to add it to my list.
Well, it's an overall faithful adaption with above average production values, I don't know what else you could ask of it.

Sun-ken Rock 17-18

o5Rij5k.jpg

Wow, Ken is finally taking some action and does decisions as a boss and gang leader. All that, despite wanting to confess to his dream girl. And goddamn, He-rin, wear some pants!

Them taking the whole building is obviously the worst idea ever, but it seems to work and I don't care how illogical and impossible it would be, it's just awesome.

ANgTvG8.jpg

They seem to have improved. Even though it's just a huge brawl, they're still kicking some massive ass. I'm really curious about the gang boss. He seems to be a real monster and I hope he gives Ken some proper challenge. It would be nice to watch.

Cross Manage 22

Felt like an odd fanservice chapter at the girls sleepover study camp with Sakurai. Pretty dull, though cool brothers she has.

World Trigger 3
tumblr_inline_misgwfsUJY1qz4rgp.png

Kuga's face and expression never gets old or feels overused, I love seeing it all the time. Anyway the Marmod class neighbor appearing out of the emergence zone in chp 3 feels like the writer is trying to make this stay pretty action packed. Love the pacing. I do wonder if Border has some slightly ulterior motives, don't understand why they need to memory wipe folks, like my favorite side character, Black Usagi bully.

One-Punch Man 6
tumblr_mit1xa2PnB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really fun/funny chapter and almost emotional too, poor Genos, he has such great abilities and when he did that Incinerate move thought he'd surely win but to be driven to near self destruction, thankfully Saitama saved him from it. I hope he does become his disciple and not a loner anymore.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That Loli thread in the gaming section...

Damn it's sad to see when people automatically refuse to acknowledge your argument or they immediately input you into a certain categorization just because of your avatar.

I feel for my brothers and sisters who are getting ridiculed there simply because they have anime characters as their avatars *shakes head*

Damn it's sad to see when people automatically refuse to acknowledge your argument or they immediately input you into a certain categorization just because of your avatar.

I feel for my brothers and sisters who are getting ridiculed there simply because they have anime characters as their avatars *shakes head*

Honestly I've found arguing with some of the crazies on the gaming forum to simply not be worth it. When someone can in one post say "Every Zelda game released in the past 10 years has been bad" and "Why bother playing the other Nintendo franchises when Nintendo themselves puts no quality into anything outside of Zelda and Mario" and people agree with that poster...

I never understood the anime avatar = ignore the persons posts thing, though I did see that in that one thread about atelier games and pedophiles or whatever that thread last year was.

I never understood the anime avatar = ignore the persons posts thing, though I did see that in that one thread about atelier games and pedophiles or whatever that thread last year was.

It's not really a mind set of "ignore person with anime avatar" but "ignore person with anime avatar in a thread that is complaining about a common anime trait". It's the same as people who complain about Nintendo but ignore users with Mario, Link, or Reggie as their avatar. Generally if someone is a big enough fan of something that they made it their avatar then they aren't really the target of the complaint thread. The Loli thread was directed towards other non anime/manga gamers and most of them seem to agree with the OP's statements sadly.

Aunt Tits

So she aims to please?

Tower of God

The sudden drop of "Baam" threw me off, especially when it refered to him as an it.

The shock and brutality are handled so well in this series. I barely knew the characters but still hated Rachel even more when Koon and company found the room.

Oh and Raaaaakkkkkkk!!!........and the rest of the team I guess, but Rak's all that matters.

The thing that gets me about those threads is that the people saying anime lolis=pedophiles probably lose their shit when the media says video game violence leads to shooting sprees, and are totally blind to that hypocrisy. Off-topic> gaming side.

Scum

Some of you guys are STILL following KNIM? Wow! I gave up after Haruto got bitch slapped for one reason or another. lol
BTW, has the tall, long dark-haired girl turned lesbian yet, like I thought she would? :3

Girls of the Wild - 79
"Damn! I only washed my face but I'm already so beautiful."
5YRcF.gif

Jintor

You and your ridiculous banana-based face have escaped our terrifying fate.

I wonder if this avatar signifies my illicit love of tiny cats.

dumbyugi

DB´s volume for volume sales destroys everything out there. 78 million is not bad for Bleach. I have never even heard of #3  Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo.

That's Kochi Kame, the longest running shonen series ever. The authour hasn't taken a single break since he started either.

DB´s volume for volume sales destroys everything out there. 78 million is not bad for Bleach. I have never even heard of #3  Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo.

I'm still surprised to this day that Bleach doesn't have drawings made by other authors like OP and Naruto had along with Jojo and DBZ. Maybe it needs to hit the 100 millions range?

iavi

In letting the manga get ahead so I can marathon, I haven't read OP since the beginning of the new arc/fishman Island.

Has any damn epic luffy moment happen since? I usually wait for a new one of those to start it back up

Noblesse

I FUCKING CALL IT. Real will wreck and kill them all. But this chapter is fucking horrible. I can´t believe this shit.

Tower of God

Rak is back. Hell yeah. Someone just kill Rachel already. It´s nice seeing lizard girl as well.

dumbyugi

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 29

I haven't seen a spanking that's clearly supposed to be slightly sexual with so little fanservice in a long time. I've been enjoying this adaptation of this arc a little more than the anime version so far.

wonzo

Banned
Thermae Romae's Yamazaki to Draw Manga of Apple's Steve Jobs

Thermae Romae manga creator Mari Yamazaki revealed on Tuesday that her next series will be a biography of the late Apple company co-founder Steve Jobs. She made the announcement herself during an appearance on the NHK-General talk show Studio Park Kara Konnichiwa.

When asked about her next work during the show, Yamazaki presented an profile illustration she drew of Jobs. She commented that she personally feels sympathy for one of the leading figures in the personal computer and electronics industry. The new series will run in Kodansha's revamped Kiss magazine, which is switching from a biweekly schedule to a monthly one in the May issue on March 25.​

It also looks like Thermae Romae will be ending in March. I should probably pick the hardcover up sometime.

Kurita

Nominees for the 17th Tezuka Award :
I (yes, the name is I) by Mikio Igarashi.
Kingdom by Yasuhisa Hara.
Sangatsu no Lion by Chicha Umino.
Silver Spoon by Hiromu Arakawa.
Shôwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjû by Haruko Kumota.
Hi Score Girl by Rensuke Oshikiri
Hitsuji no Ki by Mikio Igarashi & Tatsuhiko Yamagami.

Thermae Romae's Yamazaki to Draw Manga of Apple's Steve Jobs

Thermae Romae manga creator Mari Yamazaki revealed on Tuesday that her next series will be a biography of the late Apple company co-founder Steve Jobs. She made the announcement herself during an appearance on the NHK-General talk show Studio Park Kara Konnichiwa.

When asked about her next work during the show, Yamazaki presented an profile illustration she drew of Jobs. She commented that she personally feels sympathy for one of the leading figures in the personal computer and electronics industry. The new series will run in Kodansha's revamped Kiss magazine, which is switching from a biweekly schedule to a monthly one in the May issue on March 25.​

It also looks like Thermae Romae will be ending in March. I should probably pick the hardcover up sometime.

Wow, I'll definitely read it.

I was looking for the Steve Jobs illustration Yamazaki showed and got this instead.

nmCRuhX.jpg

The story centers on the author's discovery of Apple computers and Photoshop during his time in high school and as is common to such Japanese tributes, reinterprets Steve Jobs as a cute woman with an eye for detail and execution with the sometimes volatile personality that he was known for.

UcnynwH.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-2011-tribute-to-steve-jobs-released-in-japan

I want a translation. :lol

Kurita

Beelzebub vol.12
Damn. The video game thing was great and now Oga is back, so badass.
Oga using Alindolon as a weapon was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom