• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun-ken Rock, 20-21

YBZ4hNM.jpg

I think I start to understand what you guys meant with the fan service.

Ken knows that Tae Seo is doing some shady business that would probably go against his principles, but chooses to ignore it. What an idiot. I hope it comes back to bite him royally. And Yumin can be glad that Ken knows nothing about gangs, because seeing how her gigantic tattoo on the back was similar to Tae Seo's, it probably means she's huge trouble. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I really like the art in the comedy panels. A nice change from the srs business.

Vertical has been posting the result of their recent license survey along with how likely theyd be too consider series. I guess lots of light novels or long manga.
UPDATE 3: Wild swings from 3 to 17. Tons of movement. And we are at the halfway point with 4000 submissions. Here are the current top 10 (in no special order)…

⇄ BakeMonogatari + - (extremely expensive to translate)
⇄ Baccano - - - - - (too long)
⇄ Princess Jellyfish - - - - - (too long)
⇈ Yokohama Shopping Journal - - - - - (too long)
returned ⇈ ChihayaFuru - - - - - (far far too long)
⇈ From the New World - - (extremely expensive to translate)
returned ⇈ Blue Flowers (already licensed - JManga)
new ⇈ Saki + (almost too long also)
new ⇈ Legend of the Galactic Heroes - - -
⇄ Moryou no Hako + - (extremely expensive to translate)

Sun-ken Rock, 20-21

YBZ4hNM.jpg

I think I start to understand what you guys meant with the fan service.

Ken knows that Tae Seo is doing some shady business that would probably go against his principles, but chooses to ignore it. What an idiot. I hope it comes back to bite him royally. And Yumin can be glad that Ken knows nothing about gangs, because seeing how her gigantic tattoo on the back was similar to Tae Seo's, it probably means she's huge trouble. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I really like the art in the comedy panels. A nice change from the srs business.

it gets crazier so hopefully you can bear it lol

as for the rest: ...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
AKB49

Logically speaking, is it conceivably possible for a guy to mask himself as a girl that long in front of a whole country? Like, won't some otakus or something who scrutinize photographs or stuff like that would notice things like, say, Adam's Apple?

Anyways, good that Urakawa is separated from Yoshinaga.

Koisuru Edison 1

Well, I dont see how this inventor gag story on the King of Inventors,Edison, will survive in Weekly Shonen Jump. Wouldnt people choose like Psi Kusuo instead, far better lead and concept. Only thing this has going for it us Kensuke and that fanservicy moment with him in the bath and shining like a lantern, cruel dorm kiddies.

789shadow

Banned
I didn't get an answer on this before, by the way: is there a time skip at the end of Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 2? It wasn't really clear.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This is a bit off-topic but, for some reason I want to know the kind of games that mangaGAF posters like/are playing right now.

So, what games are you playing right now, members of mangaGAF? And what games do you really like?

This is a bit off-topic but, for some reason I want to know the kind of games that mangaGAF posters like/are playing right now.

So, what games are you playing right now, members of mangaGAF? And what games do you really like?

Right now I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening, before that I was playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. I'm also slowly chipping away at Xenoblade Chronicles while my back catalog of console games grows (Ni No Kuni and The Last Story in particular).

I'm a big fan of JRPGs (as you can tell from above) and adventure/puzzle/novel style games like the Ace Attorney series, Layton series, Zero Escape series, etc. I also really enjoy platform games like Mario and Mega Man. Anything Nintendo puts out as well.

I also enjoy FPS, TPS, WRPGs, and action games but I'm not as good at those or don't enjoy them as much in the case of WRPGs compared to JRPGs. Music and rhythm games like Rhythm Heaven, EBA/Ouedan, and Guitar Hero/Rock Band I used to play a lot more but since I've started taking music more seriously as a major to be a music ed teacher I've not played them as much due to a bit of burn out.

I do enjoy RTS games, I just suck at them, and I have minimal interest sports/realistic racing games.

Playing some Ni no Kuni along with the GOW: A demo. Also switching to Bleach: Soul Resurrection from time to time to work on the platinum,

Edit: Also play a lot of SC:2 everyday and I'm finishing off Fire Emblem: Awakening this weekend.

Am playing Generation of Chaos Pandora's Reflection while waiting for Nartuo Powerful Shippuden and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Really only like animu games and racers, so persona 4 golden and Ni no Kuni are still sitting here in front of me unplayed, nfs mw as well.

bigkrev

I'm playing DMC and Fire Emblem right now. I love sports games, so there is a bunch of NHL, FIFA and NBA 2K13 mixed in between them. When MLB 13 comes out next week, its probably going to consume my life. Lots of Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade on Vita as well.

My favorite type of game is probably puzzle- all of the Picross games, Lumines, ect. (Still pissed we don't have Picross e in the USA yet). My tastes are pretty varied, with the only stuff I don't like being RPGs (of both the J and W variety, although I do love Persona 3 and 4), Driving games, and 3d platformers.

suzu

SMT: Strange Journey and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. I mostly play RPGs, but I like anything.

Kusagari

I'm playing Metal Gear Rising and Fire Emblem right now, but I really don't have as much time to games I'd like lately. I managed to beat Rising right away since it's so short, but I still haven't even finished the main storyline in Fire Emblem yet.

RPGs (mainly JRPGs) are probably my favorite genre, but I really will play anything. I can't think of a genre where I haven't enjoyed at least one game.

A lot of Dota 2, Virtue Last Reward while on trips, Metal Gear Rising, and some Football Manager during the weekends. I generally enjoy a lot of things but I tend to steer away from fighting games or ones that require a lot of button mashing seeing as I have bad carpal tunnel in both of my hands.

dumbyugi

I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fallblox recently. In fact I just finished Kid Icarus a few days ago and it has become one of my favourite games if not my favourite game. Fallblox is much harder then Pullblox but is also more fun.

I'll play pretty much any genre but I'm not a big fan of shooters or sports/driving games. My favourite is platforming games like Mario and Megaman.

One Piece spoiler pics...looks like it'll be a "What's happening around the world" chapter. And confirmation of something we've all suspected...

dumbyugi

Jump Issue #14 TOC
Beelzebub (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko (Center Colour)
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Me wo Miharuhodo no Miseinen (Oneshot, Center Colour)
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Koisuru Edison
Haikyuu!!
Gekikara!! Curry Prince (Oneshot, Center Colour)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Sket Dance
Gintama
Bleach
Medaka Box
Kochikame
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker
Cross Manage

Jump Issue #15 Information

Lead CP/Cover: Assassination Classroom
Center Colour: Haikyuu!!, Nisekoi, Medaka Box

dumbyugi

This weeks Medaka Box sounds great.

Medaka Box Spoilers

Medaka gets chara development
Long story short, with Iihiko dying, irreversible damage can be reversed, and Medaka saves everyone using Five Forks
Bukiko calls Kumagawa on his cellphone (lol)
Momo: “Since Professor Fukurou died, now the Moon is falling on the Earth”
“In case he would die before completing his objectives, Fukurou arranged to bring all humanity with him”
flashback to “You life is lighter than a feather, but mine is heavier than the Earth”
“Let’s go erase the Moon!"
Zen, Bami and Hansode want to go with Medaka but *BOOKMAKER*
Medaka trembling “This time I won’t be able to come back..." Iihiko “Stay calm, Kurokami”
it’s Iihiko’s “echo”, which cheers Medaka up as she’s unsure about her fears and pressures
“Do you have any regrets, Kurokami?" "...No." From that day, the Moon disappeared from the sky. Medaka never returned.
Months passed, and Hakoniwa Academy welcomes a new graduation ceremony... *continues in next issue!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom