• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

Confirmed what we already suspected but still well done. Can't wait to see Ichigo learn the truth and use this to become even stronger.
I really hope Uryu and his father play a big part in this. It seems obvious that Ryuken would blame Isshin for Masaki's death in some way.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece
Really cool to see that many old faces, Bonney is free huh? Nice.

Buggy a Warlord, expected but still funny.
The last shichibukai wasn't revealed, wonder who he is.
Sakazui with beard? It was Sakazuki right?
Also I wonder when we will know who are the new Admirals and do we know Fujitora?

FLamingo having Ace's fruit is a surprise, my first thought was that he has Luffy's heart.
But I honestly don't think that it concerns Luffy that much.

Bleach
We all expected this already, but it's nice that we know get finallya flashback to explain the past of Ichigo's dad ( at least I hope so)

Kurita

WSJ #14 cover
JqGlDyz.jpg

Qvoth

One Piece
Really cool to see that many old faces, Bonney is free huh? Nice.

Buggy a Warlord, expected but still funny.
The last shichibukai wasn't revealed, wonder who he is.
Sakazui with beard? It was Sakazuki right?
Also I wonder when we will know who are the new Admirals and do we know Fujitama?

FLamingo having Ace's fruit is a surprise, my first thought was that he has Luffy's heart.
But I honestly don't think that it concerns Luffy that much.

yeah that's sakazuki since he defeated aokiji for that post
fujitora must be one of the new admirals since sakazuki is now the top dog and aokoji quit

Yonafunu

Bleach

As expected. Looking forward to next chapter though.

Naruto

Did anyone else notice Itama looking a little bit like Zetsu? Just a set-up chapter though, so nothing really susrprising. Life was rough though.

One Piece

Doflamingo's crew being a set of cards confirmed now. It was already suspected though, since Doflamingo told Law he was planning on giving him the Heart-seat. Cool to see confirmation though. I wonder who the 7th Shichibukai is...
Fujitora is definitely a new Admiral, he has the same kind of nickname as the others.
Tora is tiger, does anybody know what Fuji means in this case?

aohige

Neo Member
Bleach

As expected. Looking forward to next chapter though.

Naruto

Did anyone else notice Itama looking a little bit like Zetsu? Just a set-up chapter though, so nothing really susrprising. Life was rough though.

One Piece

Doflamingo's crew being a set of cards confirmed now. It was already suspected though, since Doflamingo told Law he was planning on giving him the Heart-seat. Cool to see confirmation though. I wonder who the 7th Shichibukai is...
Fujitora is definitely a new Admiral, he has the same kind of nickname as the others.
Tora is tiger, does anybody know what Fuji means in this case?

Fuji is a purple plant native to Japan, but here I'm sure it's using the light blue-purple color of the plant, Fujiiro.

So basically a Purple Tiger.

Also note, the reading furigana over the name is mixed, with hiragana being used for the color, and katakana being used for the animal.
This naming pattern is unique only to Admirals so far in One Piece, along with the combination.

So in other words, unless it's an misdirection, he/she is an Admiral no doubt.

aohige

Neo Member
i thought fuji is a vine?
at least i'm pretty sure of that in chinese

It is. It puts on purple flowers, which is where Fuji-iro (literally Fuji color.. and no, I don't mean the trademark camera company line-up of the same name lol) comes from.

fjPftFt.jpg

Edit: meh, spoiler tags and hide tags don't work on this form, I see.

Ahaha buggy is a warlord, oh man thats awesome finally seeing confirmation. I'm rather confused on how the mera mera fruit exists. Maybe the thing with the fruits is that they comeback into existence when the previous owner died? That would explain the numerous times characters referred to text detailing a fruit and its power....I guess?

One Piece

I'm completely out of touch with the warlords, so many new ones and I can barely remember who all left. And some other unknown guy still missing. dat Buggy.

Zeppu

It is. It puts on purple flowers, which is where Fuji-iro (literally Fuji color.. and no, I don't mean the trademark camera company line-up of the same name lol) comes from.

http://i.imgur.com/fjPftFt.jpg[IMG]

Edit: meh, spoiler tags and hide tags don't work on this form, I see.[/QUOTE]

Hurrah! Aohige on GAF! What a glorious day for One Piece and MangaGAF.

Spoilers over here don't work like on AP, you just get the black bar.
[spoiler]You can also click on spoilers to reveal rather than highlight.[/spoiler]

I also noticed you edited to resize image. You can just surround them in quotes to have the standard-sized.

Welcome, enjoy your stay, and thanks you so much for the spoilers and translation clarifications over the years.

one piece

Buggy is a shishibukai. What a shock to confirm what most people knew. I´m surprised that the SH are already at Dressrosa. That´s a good pace for one piece.

Bleach
I really hope Uryu and his father play a big part in this. It seems obvious that Ryuken would blame Isshin for Masaki's death in some way.

Misaki is an Ishida ;)

Metal B

One Piece

I'm completely out of touch with the warlords, so many new ones and I can barely remember who all left. And some other unknown guy still missing. dat Buggy.

It's not that hard. There are four warlords, who left or lost there position: Crocodile, Jimbei, Blackbeard and Gecko Moria.

ScRYeD

One Piece

Learning who Fujitora is doesn't really bother me that much, we know in the upcoming chapters it will be revealed. I wanna know who Abusa the newspaper reporter is.

aohige

Neo Member
One Piece

Learning who Fujitora is doesn't really bother me that much, we know in the upcoming chapters it will be revealed. I wanna know who Abusa the newspaper reporter is.

Absalom.

Look at the page where it shows Kid Pirates hideout, and Apoo is screaming about wondering how they figured out their alliances so fast. You can see the thriller bark escape ship is sailing away.

Hurrah! Aohige on GAF! What a glorious day for One Piece and MangaGAF.
Welcome, enjoy your stay, and thanks you so much for the spoilers and translation clarifications over the years.

Thanks very much!
Is there a way to completely collapse content, the way /hide works in some other forums?
It can be an eyesore when there are multiple images.

Absalom.

Look at the page where it shows Kid Pirates hideout, and Apoo is screaming about wondering how they figured out their alliances so fast. You can see the thriller bark escape ship is sailing away.

Was wondering about that ship but it being Absalom make a lot of sense .

Sun-ken Rock, 23

Holy shit.

3rJz48Z.png

What a great flashback chapter. So much information on Yumin's and even Ken's past. I didn't expect that. Not only did Yumin lie to Ken about her origin, but Ken seems to be involved too. Damn, this is good. Rei also looks a lot like Ken, I wonder if they're related.

The panty shots are getting annoying,

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sun-ken Rock, 23

Holy shit.

3rJz48Z.png

What a great flashback chapter. So much information on Yumin's and even Ken's past. I didn't expect that. Not only did Yumin lie to Ken about her origin, but Ken seems to be involved too. Damn, this is good. Rei also looks a lot like Ken, I wonder if they're related.

The panty shots are getting annoying,

I wonder how you'll react to the idol arc.

ScRYeD

Absalom.

Thanks very much!
Is there a way to completely collapse content, the way /hide works in some other forums?
Holy crap, just amazing. Thanks for that. Now I wanna know who Fuji is and how Doflamingo got the fruit and how the DF's come back into existence.

duckroll

Thanks very much!

No, there is no such function here. But if you bitch enough, maybe the people here will use less images out of respect! Then we all win. :)

Magi anime is fucking terrible! Aaaaaah! You should come post in the Anime thread. :D

aohige

Neo Member
No, there is no such function here. But if you bitch enough, maybe the people here will use less images out of respect! Then we all win. :)

Magi anime is fucking terrible! Aaaaaah! You should come post in the Anime thread. :D

Haha, nah, it was mostly for my own sake.
I don't like posting images that others may find annoying when scrolling down, so when posting rather larger relevant images, I tend to collapse it only for relevant eyes.

I don't really have much in the ammo to defend the anime, being a manga reader myself and just having higher tolerancy of adaptation. ;)
But I'll scurry my butt over there for a bit.

It's for the best really.

Other than those scenes (or because of those scenes, depending on taste), sun-ken rock is still pretty damn good.

As long as it doesn't turn hentai or Wolf Guy, I'm okay with it, I guess. It's not like it bothers me enough to drop it anytime soon, but it's a bit distracting, imo.

rouken

Absalom.

welcome to neogaf man :) nice to have you here.

and thanks for that info, its kinda blurry so its hard to see. absalom is writing news now isn't he. what twist in his story. :)

aohige

Neo Member
welcome to neogaf man :) nice to have you here.

and thanks for that info, its kinda blurry so its hard to see. absalom is writing news now isn't he. what twist in his story. :)

You may wanna wait for a clearer scanlation, although I think it's gonna be ink-blotted out with any cleaning. On the raw, if you squint you can actually even read the Thriller Bark logo on the sails. :)

Haha, nah, it was mostly for my own sake.
I don't like posting images that others may find annoying when scrolling down, so when posting rather larger relevant images, I tend to collapse it only for relevant eyes.

You can always put the images in quote tags. By doing so, your images will automatically get resized.

789shadow

Banned
Absalom.

Holy shit, man, you're good.

One Piece

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Kreed

Welcome to the Manga thread aohige. But considering how many times we've quoted your translations over the years it's almost like you were already here. ;)

Even the stream basically sucks these days. I miss the days when we had good translations.

Mangastream has always been questionable with their translations but at least you know you're getting 90% of the story when you read it until you can get your hands on better/official releases, despite all the curse words and ellipses. The Pandas have improved a bit since joining the MangaInn guys, but I still wouldn't trust their translations enough to "review a chapter" in this topic.

IHaveIce

Banned
Absalom.

Wow fuck, nice eyes :D And yes welcome to GAF

Akito

Welcome aohige, always a fan of your speedy translations :)

Naruto
Poor Itama, as an afterthought he doesn't even have his own design.

Bleach
Who would've thought, hopefully there will be something surprising along the way.

One Piece
So much is going on right now, Bonney is alive and kicking, Abasalom is the mysterious reporter (great catch), Buggy is confirmed as a shichibukai, Kinnemon's back story, Akainu sent out an admiral, Dofla's officers and of course the mera mera fruit. Luffy probably wants it but not as much as Dofla'd think I believe.

dramatis

I don't really have much in the ammo to defend the anime, being a manga reader myself and just having higher tolerancy of adaptation. ;)
But I'll scurry my butt over there for a bit.
Welcome to Mangaf.

If you wrap an img with [ quote ] like so:
The width of the image will automatically be resized to 300px or something like that. To enlarge, all you have to do is click and drag a bit on the image.

For spoilered text you'll have to click and hold to read it, but this was some handy code from some thread I went through a while ago. Make it a new bookmark on your bar and whenever you are in a GAF thread, click it and now you can see spoilers with just a click (rather than click and hold).
Code:
javascript:(function(){var%20a=document.querySelectorAll(".spoiler"),b=a.length,c=function(){this.className=this.className==="spoiler"?"":"spoiler"};while(b--)a[b].onclick=c}())

Ahaha buggy is a warlord, oh man thats awesome finally seeing confirmation. I'm rather confused on how the mera mera fruit exists. Maybe the thing with the fruits is that they comeback into existence when the previous owner died? That would explain the numerous times characters referred to text detailing a fruit and its power....I guess?

That was confirmed in punk hazard arc, the giant blob thing dies and we see some near by bananas become devil fruit

Sun-ken Rock, 24

Great way to end the volume.

DoEj3BE.png

I was kind of surprised that Yumi(n) confessed everything and that Ken forgave her so easily, but it seems to fit his character. I'm not sure if I could be with the daughter of the man who killed my family when I was 13. Yet he still has some revenge feelings towards her family, which is quite interesting. I think it's the first time it even came up. And I don't really see how he could possibly confront the clan, while leading a gang in Korea, but judging by the reaction of the chairman of the white dragon clan, it seems oh so convenient that they're going to make a trip to Korea at some point.

Akito

The top 10 banner reminds me that there is a new Beelzebub cover, a pretty ballin' one

ibzYUhZKNa06uA.jpg

I know Nisekoi got kicked out but it can totally replace GE on the alternate banner :D

iR40j4kvmoFdC.jpg

Naruto

Chapter didn't really do anything for me. I kind of dislike throw away flash backs like this for characters who will only last a couple of chapters
(even though he is a legendary ninja).

Bleach

It's kind of nice to get confirmation, but everyone knew about it already from Ichigo's fight with beard man. Have to wonder how ichigo will get back to the trial place. Will he just be teleported back once he has an epiphany or something? Probably.

One Piece

Buggy as warlord was a let down! I wanted him to be admiral ;_;. Ace's fruit... hmm. I wonder if Luffy gives it to one of his crew mates to honor Ace or just leaves it alone/protects it. It kind of looked like there were some good deals that Joker had going. The shot of the war and the people wondering where their weapons would come from seemed like normal civilians that Joker was helping out.

Deadly

Bleach
SHOCKING NEWS

Naruto
I guess things could get interesting

One Piece
Wonder who the 7th Shichibukai is? Do devil fruits drop out of it's owner's body when they die?

Steroyd

Naruto

Really hard to be invested in this flashback, hopefully there is a point to all this.

One Piece

I knew something was up when Doflamingo was smiling again, shit getting real before the arc even began.

Bossun

Bleach / Naruto

Yeah whatev...

One Piece

Now that's some old school OP, funny chapters, awesomness of seeing old characters.
What bothers me I think, is the fact that the two years training seems to have been for nothing. Luffy was already damn strong, but wasn't able to compete with the yonkou and a few others.
The training was supposed to help him get closer, but everyone got a HUGE boost in the meantime too. The idea was good but it makes the training useless.
Also, nobody take Luffy seriously, I hate that :eek:

Korosenai

One Piece

So it appears that Doflamingos crew is broken down into four seperate branches like a deck of cards. Im guessing that who ever sits in one of those chairs is one tough mofo and probably near Dofla in skill.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, maybe Ace did have connections with Dofla, and maybe thats how he got his devil fruit in the first place.

Bleach

It would make sense, I guess. It's not like there are lots of other Quincys in Karakura Town. If she's really an Ishida, she can only be Ryuken's sister, which would make Ichigo and Uryu cousins. Huh. Her name change would need to get explained, too.

What name change? For all we know Isshin has changed his family name to escape SS. A lot of people say he´s from the Shiba clan, since Ichigo and Kaien look so much alike, not to mention what Kukakku said about her uncle getting angry. She´s most definitely talking about Isshin.

Naruto 622

Not a fan so far with the flashback. Madara being Tsun to Hashirama was enjoyable, and it was nice seeing a younger but still mature Tobirama as a kid.

Hopefully the next chapter skips to their adult years.

Bleach 528

SHOCKER!

Seriously though, at least they're getting this reveal out of the way quickly. Also I'm a fan of Kubo's drawing in the last page with Isshin and Masaki.

One Piece

CAPTAIN BUGGY!

Best chapter of the week. Buggy being confirmed as a Warlord was predictable, but still exciting to see. Law and Luffy are together is comedy gold. Was nice to see Law mention where his crew was for once.

What name change? For all we know Isshin has changed his family name to escape SS. A lot of people say he´s from the Shiba clan, since Ichigo and Kaien look so much alike, not to mention what Kukakku said about her uncle getting angry. She´s most definitely talking about Isshin.

I meant Masaki changing her name from Ishida to Kurosaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom