• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Umm I hope you know that Shinigami in Soul Society have kids lol so they aren't technically "dead" dead. Byakuya and a whole bunch of others were born in SS.

It is a fantastic second round though lol.

Man, I will never be able to set my mind at ease about how things in the bleach universe works.

I mean, it works I guess if Ichigo is living in some sort of a post-apocalyptic world where Japan is the only country in this world, but: what about the dead people from foreign countries and such? From US, France, Italy, and such; don't they have their own version of Shinigami world or what? Why we can't see them in the story?

That is why Ichigo x Rukia pairing is so *ick*, because that is basically pairing a healthy living young man* with a... ghost of a dead woman who died hundreds of years ago? I mean, goddamn how the hell can it work?

*although since Isshin is a shinigami that means.... Ichigo is a half-dead half-living young man...? Hahaha. Damn.

I mean the Bleach universe does have Hell but Kubo never explores it and how it ties with all this people dying but not dying thing. So is the Shinigami World the "heaven" or something? Hah....

I am not expecting Kubo will explain anything, but of all the big 3 the Bleach universe is definitely the one with the most amount of headscratchers.

Yeah, I was waiting for like half a year for neogaf acct to be approved, only to hear from my friend who told it already has. lol

Fuck yeah dude it's good to see you here, I love your spoiler translations. I always wondered why you never got into scanlation with skills like those.

Mr. Fix

Yeah, I was waiting for like half a year for neogaf acct to be approved, only to hear from my friend who just told me it already has. lol

Oh shit, Wednesday-MangaGAF level up!

Bleach
NO FUCKING SHIT!

lindsay-lohan-spits-ou4o00.gif

Well that made me laugh way more than it should have.

Who is aohige?

I don't know about the other 2, but the name is usually associated with OP spoilers. We got that shit secured earlier, hopefully.

Man, I will never be able to set my mind at ease about how things in the bleach universe works.

I mean, it works I guess if Ichigo is living in some sort of a post-apocalyptic world where Japan is the only country in this world, but: what about the dead people from foreign countries and such? From US, France, Italy, and such; don't they have their own version of Shinigami world or what? Why we can't see them in the story?

That is why Ichigo x Rukia pairing is so *ick*, because that is basically pairing a healthy living young man* with a... ghost of a dead woman who died hundreds of years ago? I mean, goddamn how the hell can it work?

*although since Isshin is a shinigami that means.... Ichigo is a half-dead half-living young man...? Hahaha. Damn.

I mean the Bleach universe does have Hell but Kubo never explores it and how it ties with all this people dying but not dying thing. So is the Shinigami World the "heaven" or something? Hah....

I am not expecting Kubo will explain anything, but of all the big 3 the Bleach universe is definitely the one with the most amount of headscratchers.

Its easy to push stuff like that to the side considering the audience is Japanese and a good number of mangas just stick to Japanese MC with maybe 1 or 2 foreigner friend(s).

At most the language or culture of other countries come in with the characters and attacks like Spanish words for Hollow attacks/names and German words for the Quincy names and attacks.

I don't like IchiXRuki anyways but most people ignore that like they do for most shipping couples. SanjiXZoro and Naruto/Sasuke? (The Naru/Sasu might happen though with Kishi lol) :p

Hell is one of the reasons why I wish we didn't get only 18 pages or less a week or that this is Kubo's last arc. :( So much could be expanded upon.

The movie 4 of Bleach was good imo but Kubo didn't dig into Hell all that much and it was a very interesting concept as well.

Soul Society is not heaven for sure unless you live in Seireitei which is where all the nobles live.

SS is stuck in the Meiji period with most of its inhabitants living a meager living and its worse the farther you go down in districts in the 4 cardinal directions, especially #80 where Zaraki Kenpachi is from.

Hell is the place where sinners go if they sinned before becoming a Hollow. SS is the place souls go to live unless they become a Shinigami or die again and are transfered back to the real world.

Very confusing I'm sure but you can get the basic gist of it. Thats why the Quincy are so dangerous, they can destroy souls leaving none on one side and an overabundance on the other side.

I agree that there are a lot of headscratchers in Bleach, the most out of the big 3 as well.

Maybe Kubo will have a chance to drag Ichigo and gang into hell? Would be nice imo.

Shouta

Man that's even fucking weirder

what the hell

Kubo remembering the details to his own setting? Now that would be a twist. Seriously

This week's chapter was something a lot of folks kind of predicted and joked about ages ago and now, lulz it's happening.

Convincing gensaku-fans are impossible task. In any medium.
Hell, you know this already lol.

Only the crazies.

Kubo remembering the details to his own setting? Now that would be a twist. Seriously

This week's chapter was something a lot of folks kind of predicted and joked about ages ago and now, lulz it's happening.

Kubo is really answering what he said he was going to. He made Unohana fight, introduced new villains, killed Yamamoto, introduced Zero Squad, is starting to explain Ichigo's past, had Kenpachi learn his Zanpaktou's name and this is only the first quarter of 2013 lol.

Naruto

"It could be an infant, but as long as they've weapons, they're still the enemy"

I know it's war and everything, but it's still fucked up.

03JaWTY.png

Conversation with every woman ever.

Overall it was okay. Still better than the current war chapters.

wonzo

Banned
Koe no Katachi (The Shape of Voice)

Who knew a one-shot about a deaf girl being bullied would piss me off so much. I mean, fuck those shitty little kids and especially that fucking piece of shit teacher who not only enabled it, but effectively participated in it at times. Still, it ended on a more uplifting and happy note and it's not often you see such a brutally honest take on systematic bullying in Japan so I'll have to give it some major kudos for that. If this does manage to get enough of a response for serialisation then I hope they continue from where the ending left off instead of starting off with the band of shitty kids again.

Ran and the Gray World 7-11.5

This is just so adorable that it's hard to believe it's set in a world with wasp like bugs capable of killing people with a single sting and if needed to, borrow themselves into the back of someones neck just to try and survive.

Magi 174-175

Chapters without Mor: 31 ) - (

AKB49 116

Finally, no more Yoshinaga. The turnaround this manga has made in as little as 3-4 chapters is really quite impressive.

Silver Spoon 66.6

This was a pretty neat and funny side story, especially with the ending line. It also featured arguably the greatest megane upgrade ever.

Jintor

What the hell is it? Did Orihime's brother ever turn up in Soul Society? Do Shinigami get reincarnated into the real world when they die? How's the whole balance thing work anyway? *head explodes*

Eusis

What the hell is it? Did Orihime's brother ever turn up in Soul Society? Do Shinigami get reincarnated into the real world when they die? How's the whole balance thing work anyway? *head explodes*
It may well work like you'd realistically expect: among groups of billions you're simply not going to easily find the other person unless you're stupidly lucky, nevermind that those shinigami just get reincarnated as babies anyway. Though I don't know what the purpose of Hell really is unless it's meant to be a sort of filtration system until only "good" souls remain.

Naruto

The new generation got it easy compared to the older generation. No wonder its weaker.

Bleach

Well that was obvious. I am more interested in the cimcurstances of the meeting.

One Piece is out

Buggy is a warlord lol, I wonder who is the 7th. Law reactions to the Strawhats are so funny.

It seems Doflamingo gang is themed after a set of cards.

Is Kinemon popular in Japan or something because I haven't seen someone shoehorned into a plot this hard since Hitsugaya. Of course a random samurai in the middle of nowhere just happens to have business in Dressrosa and then again in another place Law has to go

One Piece

Wow Oda really delivered on this chapter consider he is 7/10th of the way to 1000 chapters.

It was nice seeing some old faces, could have done with some Coby but meh got enough Marines for one chapter.

Law without his hat looks so weird and Luffy stealing his food is hilarious. Buggy being a Shichibukai was predicted a long time ago.

The end is where it gets interesting. Don, what haven't you dipped your hand in?

Drugs, kidnappings, child slavery, slavery, weapons, coliseums and so on so forth. Talk about a master of the black market.

Which explains the next point.

Don has Ace's fruit, probably thanks to his black market connections. Wonder if Luffy would really want it but it is Ace's fruit. It would be insane if Vegapunk or someone made it so you can have more than 1 devil fruit power and Luffy eats the fruit but that would be too OP hahahaha although Blackbeard used some stupid loophole to have 2 powers now.

One Piece
Great chapter , poor Law little bit by little bit he losing him self to the SH way .
Seem like new admiral or maybe it's Akainu could not really tell .
Buggy became a warlord we all saw that coming still it's fun to see along with his nick name .
See more members of Dofla crew and now he has Ace DF that he want to use against Luffy .
Not to certain how that plan going to work out for him since it going to piss off Luffy or he might not even care .

Bleach

I know it was an obvious twist, worst kept secret etc, but it's nice to have some confirmation. The story is finally progressing. I also liked the interactions in this chapter, probably because I completely forgot about Ikumi. :lol It's also nice to know that Isshin was a captain.

Even with the most obvious "twist" confirmed, some questions still remain.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sangatsu no Lion 1

I was wondering why the art style felt so familiar to me.

Turns out it's from the same author as Honey and Clover.

Huh.

One Piece

LOL @ Law starting to lose his composure while with the SH's

And while Buggy actually being a Warlord is cool i'm more interested in Dom having Ace's fruit.

I guess that confirms the DF re-appearing after death of its former injestor (and possibly reveals half of the method Blackbeard used) or Dom managed to get a creation via smile.

Now i wonder how Luffy will react to this as Dom can have the apparent advantage in this deal once again.

It seems Doflamingo gang is themed after a set of cards.

His Joker moniker makes more sense now since he's basically the wild/trump card.

Lain

Koe no Katachi (The Shape of Voice)

Who knew a one-shot about a deaf girl being bullied would piss me off so much. I mean, fuck those shitty little kids and especially that fucking piece of shit teacher who not only enabled it, but effectively participated in it at times. Still, it ended on a more uplifting and happy note and it's not often you see such a brutally honest take on systematic bullying in Japan so I'll have to give it some major kudos for that. If this does manage to get enough of a response for serialisation then I hope they continue from where the ending left off instead of starting off with the band of shitty kids again.

I was hoping that the interesting art style and the hope for an ending that's kind of uplifting would do it, but it didn't help too much.
While it paints what I feel is a realistic picture of bullying, I really don't like how it ended.
Sure, at least one person got something out of it and became a better individual, but fuck the whole class and that teacher, bunch of pieces of shit.

It may well work like you'd realistically expect: among groups of billions you're simply not going to easily find the other person unless you're stupidly lucky, nevermind that those shinigami just get reincarnated as babies anyway. Though I don't know what the purpose of Hell really is unless it's meant to be a sort of filtration system until only "good" souls remain.

The concept of hell in Bleach is pretty simple. It's the place where human sinners end up, after they turned into hollows and got killed by a shinigami.

wonzo

Banned
I was hoping that the interesting art style and the hope for an ending that's kind of uplifting would do it, but it didn't help too much.
While it paints what I feel is a realistic picture of bullying, I really don't like how it ended.
Sure, at least one person got something out of it and became a better individual, but fuck the whole class and that teacher, bunch of pieces of shit.
Apparently an earlier version of the Oneshot was published and it had a somewhat different ending but yeah, fuck everyone in that classroom.

Eusis

The concept of hell in Bleach is pretty simple. It's the place where human sinners end up, after they turned into hollows and got killed by a shinigami.
Well, yeah, but in a setting where a balance between the world of the living and the world where souls go it seems to just not fit. Those are souls permanently taken out of circulation, not an alternative to Soul Society to punish the especially bad.

Anteater

One Piece

Could Ace have some relationship with Doflamingo in his early days? His former pirates crew was named "Spade" pirates before being integrated into the Whitebeard Pirates, and also Law's pirate crew is named "Heart pirates" coincidentally, and now Doflamingo has Ace's fruit...

I know it was a pun on ace of spades, but Oda had a history of retconing his tattoo.

Can't wait to see Buggy kicks Law's ass :p

Naruto

Slow and boring but still more interesting then the war collectively. Further goes to show that the new generation has it easy and whiny Naruto from part 1 has no reason to complain compared to how hard life used to be.

Bleach

Confirmed what we already suspected but still well done. Can't wait to see Ichigo learn the truth and use this to become even stronger.

One Piece

Great chapter, been wondering when Ace's fruit would show up again and having dofla have it means Luffy is now going to have an investment in fighting him. I wonder who the 7th warlord is that they didn't reveal?

One Piece

I am not sure if Don having Ace's fruit is as big a deal as he thinks...at least it shouldn't be. Well, I suppose it will give Luffy a reason to beat his ass. Funny how Don went to Punk Hazard and back in the time it took the SH to reach Dressora...

rouken

One Piece

BONNIE! JINBEI! KIDD! BUGGY!

so much awesome in one chapter, also so many questions. but that's the start of a new arc for us. i really love doflamingo's suits themed seats for his lieutenants, hoping that they will give the strawhats the fight that they need. :)

ace's devil fruit will just be a way to distract luffy into all of this, i think the way the arc will go is luffy will run after the one with the devil fruit so as to enable dofla to engage law on a one on one fight.

Stinky

Not reading the last two pages of the thread until the big three come out with the better translations. I'm seeing the reactions to OP spoilers.. hope it lives up to expectations lol

I'm playing Dark Souls. Just beat Bell Gargoyles and Havel.

Probably my favourite game ever.

Kurita

One Piece
Nice to see old faces. Baggy is now a certified boss.
Can't wait for the crew to go to the coliseum (I'm sure they will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom