• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Naruto

I don't know how much more Hashirama + Madara bromance I can take. Is this interesting to anyone?

One Piece

BUGGY IS A WARLORD
JEWELRY BONNEY IS ALIVE
NEW ADMIRALS
NEW WARLORD
ACE'S FRUIT
WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVE-WIBUFRVGUIYRTBNVUAWRNG

Kusagari

My guess is that Donflamingo vastly overestimated (or underestimated, depending on your opinion of his intelligence) Luffy. He won't give a shit about the fruit.

Yeah, I think Luffy's randomness is going to be the key to beating Doflamingo. It's important to remember Doflamingo and Luffy still have never met properly. Doflamingo is most likely going to underestimate how bizarre and nonsensical Luffy can be and that will be his ultimae downfall. Law's perfect plans are going to fall apart sooner or later.

upandaway

Yeah, I think Luffy's randomness is going to be the key to beating Doflamingo. It's important to remember Doflamingo and Luffy still have never met properly. Doflamingo is most likely going to underestimate how bizarre and nonsensical Luffy can be and that will be his ultimae downfall. Law's perfect plans are going to fall apart sooner or later.
Law has a plan?

KingJ2002

Naruto:

Good chapter.. it gives us some insight as to how Madara & Hashirama became enemies and how there time was. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Bleach:

Fucking. Finally.

upandaway

Well everything has gone according to Law's schemes so far, such as Doflamingo resigning, and I'm sure he has a greater plan for once they actually find and destroy the SMILE plant.
Haha yeah, he's done well so far. I really like how he's smacked around by Luffy though!

Defuser

Buyuden

"Well this is a pretty neat little mang-"
uBPWoR1.png

OOF
ASGSGASAIL;HIPBKLDSNBP

Proportions..how do they work.

How long are we gonna wait till Moka gets thin?

upandaway

Okay now seriously, I'm serious now. Seriously. Broccoli may probably be the best vegetable ever. I'm not joking.

Buyuden
Proportions..how do they work.

How long are we gonna wait till Moka gets thin?
Honestly I've lost all hope. She may well stay like this until the next timeskip.

Akito

Wasn't Zoro just wanting a fire sword attack after seeing Kinemon's? A fire DF could help with that...
I'm pretty sure Zoro is supposed to be Luffy's Rayleigh aka a badass sword master without DF abilities, Haki and his techniques are all he'll need. The SHs are fine the way they are, no need for a fire logia upgrade.

Lain

Arisa 1-43

So, reading on here the mentions of bullying, king game wish games, conspiracies, shojo and shit, I got curious and had to take a look at it.
After 43 chapters (and a couple from the end) I feel a bit sad about having wasted time with it.
I love shojo manga, but this one just doesn't feel right.
For example, the motivations behind certain character's actions. Am I supposed to believe that Arisa wishing for Tsubasa to disappear, knowing full well what would happen to her (she gets chained to a bomb) and knowing full well who would do it (her boyfriend) is all to not get Tsubasa involved more? This after getting her involved at the start of the story by attempting to suicide in front of her? How about after everything Tsubasa went through for Arisa, she chose to stick with Midori (the first time she chose to stick with her mother, seems like Tsubasa is just an afterthought)? Why is Tsubasa still working to "save" her? There is only so much of "no, she's really a nice person!" I can take before it's too much. I can't take that Arisa is a nice person after she got Tsubasa almost killed (and more than once) and didn't even apologize once, not even after the chained to a bomb incident.
Naturally in chapter 43 we have Arisa tell Midori she loves him. Well gee, you guys deserve each other, a selfish bitch and a murderous prick, you guys go well together.

I do wish to see Midori dead in the next chapter after that dude stabbed him in the back (just after Arisa said her thing lol, fucking cheap drama) and then Arisa takes her own life (this time her suicide attempts would end successfully), but I get the feeling it wont end like that.

upandaway

One Piece

Now that I think about it.. wait wait a sec wait. I think I got something (unbelievable).

If when a DF user dies, his power transfers to a nearby fruit... then why isn't Ace's fruit at the hands of the Marines? That also brings to mind, if Roger had a fruit, the Marines might have gotten that one too. They have to know about the business, so if they hold a public execution, it's obvious that they'll set it up so they'll get the DF of the person they're killing, right?

By the way I do think someone will eat Ace's DF this arc/next arc, it's such an exciting card to not play. It's just a question who (and whoever he is, he BETTER freaking become a recurring character if he isn't already because, dude.)
One of Mango's people? One of Law's people? Kinnikuman (or whoever that second samurai is called)? A SH after all? The possibilities!

magi 175

didnt expect that, i thought he would just melt all of their weapons or something.

that said, i hope this arc wraps up soon. eager to see what morg/yunan have been upto as well as prince zuko, err hakuryuu.

naruto

damn life was tough. this was before any of the countries or villages were established right?

The Devil King is Bored 1-29 (missing 12)

A lot of referential humor and slapstick. Starts of as a slice of life before turning into a parody/for-serious story of 4 Heros vs the Demon King. Basically, one day an OP Demon King gets bored. So he decides to kidnap a princess to instigate a war with the humans. This leads to plotting and backstabbing in the human world as a king tries to get his daughter back. Most of the humor is generated from the characters' reaction or misunderstanding to some absurd situation. I'm pretty sure the writer has seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Here's an out of context image.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Now that I think about it.. wait wait a sec wait. I think I got something (unbelievable).

If when a DF user dies, his power transfers to a nearby fruit... then why isn't Ace's fruit at the hands of the Marines? That also brings to mind, if Roger had a fruit, the Marines might have gotten that one too. They have to know about the business, so if they hold a public execution, it's obvious that they'll set it up so they'll get the DF of the person they're killing, right?

By the way I do think someone will eat Ace's DF this arc/next arc, it's such an exciting card to not play. It's just a question who (and whoever he is, he BETTER freaking become a recurring character if he isn't already because, dude.)
One of Mango's people? One of Law's people? Kinnikuman (or whoever that second samurai is called)? A SH after all? The possibilities!
1) There's nothing to say that there's a set respawn time for Devil Fruits.
2) Maybe the Marines did have Ace's fruit, but Doflamingo was able to use his connections/influence to obtain it.

upandaway

1) There's nothing to say that there's a set respawn time for Devil Fruits.
2) Maybe the Marines did have Ace's fruit, but Doflamingo was able to use his connections/influence to obtain it.
Yeah on the second point (that's kinda what I was getting at, I think?), not sure on the first one. Even if there isn't, they have Vegapunk. If DFs, as a THING, pass to a fruit after the dude dies, then by the pure virtue of Vegapunk they should have Ace's fruit when they're the ones who are executing him on their terms.

All that is under the assumption that DFs really do behave like Smiles, which they might really not

Zeppu

Yeah on the second point (that's kinda what I was getting at, I think?), not sure on the first one. Even if there isn't, they have Vegapunk. If DFs, as a THING, pass to a fruit after the dude dies, then by the pure virtue of Vegapunk they should have Ace's fruit when they're the ones who are executing him on their terms.

All that is under the assumption that DFs really do behave like Smiles, which they might really not

Honestly I think that's the case here. DFs just respawning in the nearest fruit would probably introduce a new mechanic in the universe where we have people hunting DF users for their fruits. I think it's more complicated than that personally. It would also mean that by the time BB got to Marineford, WB's fruit should've already gone somewhere else.

Also, I severely doubt Zoro or Sanji will ever get DFs. Maaaybe Franky might eventually infuse a DF to some of his robotic parts but I don't see any of the existing Strawhats getting a DF.

Honestly, I hope Zoro doesn't get a devil fruit. He really doesn't need one.

I'm pretty sure Zoro is supposed to be Luffy's Rayleigh aka a badass sword master without DF abilities, Haki and his techniques are all he'll need. The SHs are fine the way they are, no need for a fire logia upgrade.

I agree for the most part. I really don't think any of Luffy's crew will eat the DF. I just think if anyone did it Zoro at least had a hint towards it happening.

If anyone in the crew got a DF Nami is about the only one I think I'd be able to accept. If Zoro, Sanji, or Ussop got one it would just mess up who they are.

Tamanon

Banned
Weird....Everything But The Rain was also the name of Chapter 512, when Ichigo first arrived against the Sternritter.....maybe Kubo forgot!

Dragon Quest VI for DS! It actually really surprised me because it has that part where you encase your ship in a bubble to dive underwater. That has to be where One Piece got it from. I had no clue it was done before, so that was pretty mindblowing.

My favorites are!! Pokemon, DQ, MonHun, Ys I & II, Disgaea, Zelda II, everything MOTHER, Mario Kart and Touhou.

I love the whole "thing" about JRPGs but I'm having trouble getting into any with long battle animations and lots of cutscenes, which pretty much limits me to the oldschool ones :( really dunno what to do with that, I liked Xenoblade.
Also, lots and lots of VNs (if they count as games, haha)!

You turn the battle animations off in Disgaea? (best disgaea character, Axel, Emizel, Kurtis, Laharl, every skull).

Anyway I think I have the opposite issues with rpgs, cant get into them if they dont have all the flashy battle animations or tons of cutscenes, cant really get myself to be in ones with tomes of text.

Stinky

Bleach

Bleach doesnt do slapstick well. I admit I was more surprised that Isshin was a captain than the fact that Masaki was a quincy.

Are we already supposed to know that though? I remember him dropping hints when he fought Grand Fischer back before the Arrancar arc.

Naruto

Madara acts more like Naruto than Sasuke like I thought he would haha.

One Piece

Excellent chapter. ~Hoooly shit at Doflamingo's 'Secret Weapon'. I don't think ANYONE will eat it though, sorry guys. Especially not the strawhats and especially not Luffy (He literally can't).

Also I dont think Dofla had any connection to Ace even though there is the playing card thing, I think he just grabbed the fruit when Ace died. Remember he was there at Marineford causing all sorts of trouble.

I also really like the theory that Blackbeard made Whitebeards power transfer into a cherry pie and he was eating it under the cloak haha

Missed stuff first time around:
Guy smoking a cigar reading the newspaper is obviously Crocodile. Absalom being the undercover reporter haha. I dont understand Law's plan. Its seems perfect for getting Doflamingo to resign but how does Kaido come in? Laws goal seems to be to destroy the SAD factory and then head on to Wanokuni to get his crew. Then Kaido? Or is Kaido on Dresrossa?

Wiseblade

I agree for the most part. I really don't think any of Luffy's crew will eat the DF. I just think if anyone did it Zoro at least had a hint towards it happening.

If anyone in the crew got a DF Nami is about the only one I think I'd be able to accept. If Zoro, Sanji, or Ussop got one it would just mess up who they are.

If Luffy and Sanji can set their fists/feet on fire underwater, then I'm sure Zoro can do the same for his swords on dry land without a Devil Fruit.

Laws goal seems to be to destroy the SAD factory and then head on to Wanokuni to get his crew. Then Kaido? Or is Kaido on Dresrossa?

I think he wants Kaido to wage war against Doflamingo and battle him with his forces weakened after it.

Remember the bit where Law told Smoker that he was going to Green Bit? Doflamingo forces will probably meet Fujitora there.

one piece

How in the hell did Buggy bluff the WG into making him a shichibukai? His knowledge of people and bluff could take him so far, and he´s a comic relief character.

Stinky

I think he wants Kaido to wage war against Doflamingo and battle him with his forces weakened after it.

Remember the bit where Law told Smoker that he was going to Green Bit? Doflamingo forces will probably meet Fujitora there.

Makes sense - a big revolution in Dressrosa's resort (ala Alabasta) where G-5 marines(+Smoker/Fujitora), Kaido, Dofla's crew and the strawhat alliance clash, would be damm cool.

Speaking of, I can't wait to see the new admirals. I didnt care for new characters like Caesar or Hody, I think a refresh of the Warlords or Admirals is a more natural way to introduce new characters. I'm glad Kizaru is still an admiral and the Warlords are mostly intact though.

one piece

How in the hell did Buggy bluff the WG into making him a shichibukai? His knowledge of people and bluff could take him so far, and he´s a comic relief character.

Thats so One Piece though. Buggy's character since Impel down has been "Weak character from ages back who amassed a following because of a series of misunderstandings and bluffs". His fruit has logia-tier defense against stuff like swords, and he has tons of lackeys from Impel Down, picked up from levels one through SIX

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
one piece

He got his start on the Pirate King's ship and now has a bunch of super dangerous criminals following him acting like he's some sort of god among men. He didn't need to bluff the WG he's got a super dangerous crew and the WG needs to keep them under control. Buggy just needs to make sure his crew doesn't catch on to his act.

That said it's pretty goddamn funny so it still fits into his comic relief mold.

upandaway

The whole talk about "pirate society" makes me think that he now has a lot more people following him than those Impel Down escapees. It's been 2 years, who knows what he bluffed his way through in that time. He might have a huge legion or something.

And there's always Captain John's Treasure, that might be a part of his status right now

I like how only 3 of the original shichibukai remain.

/edit

of which one is a robot who helped out the strawhats, the other trained zoro and the 3rd is a slave to Luffy's machismo.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Bleach - B+
Good shit. WE'RE GONNA GET ISSHIN'S PAST GUYS! Cool to see Ikumi again too.

One Piece - A+
Delivered on all fronts. What a 700th chapter! Dofla just keeps on climbing his way up my list of favourites.

Nardo - Don't care.

upandaway

I like how only 3 of the original shichibukai remain.

/edit

of which one is a robot who helped out the strawhats, the other trained zoro and the 3rd is a slave to Luffy's machismo.
Haha yeah. I was just about to mention how, contrary to their initial impression as everyone's enemies, loners - the Warlords are actually, in the end, everyone's friends. Really funny how that works out!

RPGamer92

Banned
It's always been the obvious to me that the Warlords will all split away from the status by the end of OP and the idea won't exist anymore.

Naruto 622

Again the world of Naruto is just plain unfair and terrible for all the kids. Such short lifespans, being cornered, and no one attempting to even try to negotiate or pave the way forward for alternatives to warfare. Really depressing moments there were but at least the times with Hashirama and Madara livened things up a lot. Quite funny with the rockskipping and both at least being affected the same way by the end of the day. I do want at least one or two more chapters of their antics as this has been one really good backstory origin story for the two.

Itama had cool hair design.

Eusis

Bleach doesnt do slapstick well. I admit I was more surprised that Isshin was a captain than the fact that Masaki was a quincy.
He was wearing the remains of a Captain's coat when we first saw him as a shinigami, and afterwards as well. The real questions were not if he was a captain, but what division, why he jumped ship, and why no one was making the connection between him and Ichigo just by name if they weren't just being silent (which we now seem to have the answer for.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom