• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

DAMN A TOUGHT OCCURED TO ME.

And I hope it's wrong.

But in Narutard's universe it wouldn't surprise me if Madara's motivation is "to save the poor children, let's kill hundred of them in a war and enslave the surviving one who, then, won't ever be killed".

Kreed

One Piece 700:

Was nice seeing Jewelry Bonney (was annoyed she was the only one of the rookies to get arrested/captures). I would like to know how she escaped from the Marines though (if she escaped).

I'm definitely going to miss Law in this series when he leaves. The amount of "thinking" going on between Law and Doflamingo has been great and so different from the usual "Straw Hats just land in an unpredictable situation and fight their way out of it" story lines. It's too bad Law and Luffy can't swap brains/hearts for the final half of One Piece.

I would have rather Oda revealed the new Shichibukai and Admiral this chapter, as we already have too many things that still need to be revealed, but I know we'll get to see them later as "chapter ending" surprises.

Also put me in the camp of "Luffy not caring about Ace's fruit". That just screams backfire/comedy reveal when Luffy just has a blank expression going "I don't care/Where's the meat?" or something along those lines.

Otherwise chapter was a fun info dump. It's also nice we're already moving into the next "battle" right after Punk Hazard with no real "break" like we usually deal with.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One Piece 700:

Also put me in the camp of "Luffy not caring about Ace's fruit". That just screams backfire/comedy reveal when Luffy just has a blank expression going "I don't care/Where's the meat?" or something along those lines.

So we get's pink guy's reaction face...

DO IT ODA!

Wiseblade

You guys should remember that Ace didn't have that power when Luffy first met him. It was only when they ran into each other at Alabasta that Ace was all "Long time no see! By the way, I'm fire now."

upandaway

One Piece 700:

Was nice seeing Jewelry Bonney (was annoyed she was the only one of the rookies to get arrested/captures). I would like to know how she escaped from the Marines though (if she escaped).

I'm definitely going to miss Law in this series when he leaves. The amount of "thinking" going on between Law and Doflamingo has been great and so different from the usual "Straw Hats just land in an unpredictable situation and fight their way out of it" story lines. It's too bad Law and Luffy can't swap brains/hearts for the final half of One Piece.

I would have rather Oda revealed the new Shichibukai and Admiral this chapter, as we already have too many things that still need to be revealed, but I know we'll get to see them later as "chapter ending" surprises.

Otherwise chapter was a fun info dump. It's also nice we're already moving into the next "battle" right after Punk Hazard with no real "break" like we usually deal with.
We already went over this, Kreed! Oda doesn't reveal characters in cliffhangers. Even if they do pop up as an out of nowhere surprise (like what Aokiji's recent arrival if he was someone new), they immediately go through a full page introduction with an identifying saying of sorts. Before then, they're blanks.

Wiseblade

We already went over this, Kreed! Oda doesn't reveal characters in cliffhangers. Even if they do pop up as an out of nowhere surprise (like what Aokiji's recent arrival if he was someone new), they immediately go through a full page introduction with an identifying saying of sorts. Before then, they're plotholes.

Fixed.

Riposte

Naruto

I don't know how much more Hashirama + Madara bromance I can take. Is this interesting to anyone?

Would it to be too much for me to assume that every single problem (big and small) that has ever occurred in the Naruto universe, from Pein to Madara to Sasuke, has been backlash from tragic romances (either soon-to-be-lover dies or doesn't return feelings)? Oh btw, it only between guys since girls don't matter in this manga.

He was wearing the remains of a Captain's coat when we first saw him as a shinigami, and afterwards as well. The real questions were not if he was a captain, but what division, why he jumped ship, and why no one was making the connection between him and Ichigo just by name if they weren't just being silent (which we now seem to have the answer for.)

In a way it might've been obvious that Isshin was a captain, but the remains of the coat could've very well been from his own captain who died or whatever. Also, the beginning of the flashback kinda make it seem like Isshin already fled from SS and then met Masaki.

Bleach 528
tumblr_miwbcqwFFn1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Never thought I'd ever see an Ichigo Shower Scene, incredible chapter. The best chapters are still usually wholly Ichigo focused and on his inner issues and her it was good because of the various scenes and expressions. He really has good ones. Outside of that the huge reveal was rather shocking. I thought the explanation for his Quincy'ish traits were due to being around Ishida a lot and those abilities just oozing out of Ishida and into Ichigo. So it was pretty provocative to have this alternative explanation explored in this origin story.

Akito

A new chapter of Tetsugaku Letra *dies*

All of my feels, Namari is the best imouto ever, it's crazy she was able to endure all that. After only 1 volume, I feel like the characters were through and have matured so much. I've had enough of bullying for today though, urgh.

Tower of God 2: 53

This chapter really made me appreciate how much I like the cast. I mean, I already knew it, but seeing the Part 1'ers again just rammed it home.

This is a bit off-topic but, for some reason I want to know the kind of games that mangaGAF posters like/are playing right now.

So, what games are you playing right now, members of mangaGAF? And what games do you really like?
Last game I played was The Witch's House about 3 weeks ago (needed some time to recover afterwards). Will shortly be playing Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds. I like platformers and shmups and JRPGs and rail shooters and doujin games and musous and shit.

I was actually referring to this Arisa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arisa_(manga)

Which is kind of a dumb conspiracy manga revolving around a King's game.
Yeah, I figured, but I ended up checking other stuff with "Arisa" in the title out of insatiable manga curiousity. Good thing too!

Everyone knew Ichigo was part Quincy when he used Blut Vene.

Also I believe the Quincy speculation has been around for a while.

I think it showed that he had the abilities but not that he was directly a quincy. But really havent there been cases in bleach where characters having powers can directly affect others, like wasnt that the explanation for say Keigo Asano and other Ichigo's friends to have some level of spiritual pressure? So the same could have been true of Ishida and Ichigo.

One Piece 700

For a 700th chapter, expected big things. Unfortunately the wordy chapter was kind of dull compared to the other chapters this week. Best moment was Luffy's reaction to Doflamingo talking about having something that he would be interested in and Luffy immediately thinking of not one, but two pieces of meat. I laughed so much. Buggy being Shichibukai was a bit dull, I was hoping for a bigger reveal based on the hyped posts over night, like Sabo. Ah and Kidd having screentime made for a memorable panel.

Kreed

One Piece 700:

We already went over this, Kreed! Oda doesn't reveal characters in cliffhangers. Even if they do pop up as an out of nowhere surprise (like what Aokiji's recent arrival if he was someone new), they immediately go through a full page introduction with an identifying saying of sorts. Before then, they're blanks.

You know what I'm getting at though. Just reveal the characters now and not hint at them 50 chapters before and then show their shadow at the end of the 50th new chapter and give them a full on reveal the chapter after that. We have so many other characters that he needs to reveal for the first time and/or show after the time skip, he doesn't need to create new mysteries at this point of the story.

Kurita

That series is like Assassination Classroom? Guess Ill add it to my list to check out.
Well, kind of. It's about an ex-delinquent who becomes a teacher. One of the best mangas I've ever read.
It deals with serious issues like rape, social pressure... It's funny though, and Onizuka, the main character, is just amazing.

rouken

One Piece 700:

You know what I'm getting at though. Just reveal the characters now and not hint at them 50 chapters before and then show their shadow at the end of the 50th new chapter and give them a full on reveal the chapter after that. We have so many other characters that he needs to reveal for the first time and/or show after the time skip, he doesn't need to create new mysteries at this point of the story.

it's just foreshadowing imo, they're not likely to be that important to the arc right now so oda doesn't reveal them until they are needed for the story. it would ruin the surprise, if the 7th warlord was revealed now then be an important character for next arc. like for example this week's bleach, where we already know that ichigo is a quincy because its been revealed like a couple of chapters ago that he used a quincy skill. so it kinda ruins that moment in the end of the chapter.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Ridiculous! I see posts like this all the time for all these mangas, "just gimme what I want right now!" Patience, people! Once you have everything there will be nothing left!

Sun-ken Rock, 25-27

b9Eicu4.jpg

Fate my ass! Goddamn, Tae-Soo.

It was nice seeing Ken getting a taste of what a real boss and leader should be like, but yet another time skip really bothers me. I still liked the event and what it could mean for the gang. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Oh, that's a good point. So what's left? Zero Squad?

Well Isshin had his haori on his shoulder, and not back, so i thought that he was a RG. But i am not sure, after some info about the RG became available. The thing is if he is a Shiba (he should be :p) then we would know why the Shiba were demoted from noble status. Only the king has an authority to do that, if we are talking about regular king. Which means that Isshin broke SS´s law. The thing is Misaki is not old in the last panels. Isshin lost his powers 20 years ago, so i would say that this meeting is prior to that (1-5 years prior i would guess), and he was a captain then. He is definitely not an RG since they stay by the king. He must have became after TBTP since Shinji could not recognize him. But that will leave a lot of unanswered question like how come Shinji did not recognize Isshin´s riatsu? Isshin is older than Shinji and Shinji, and everyone else could have noticed his riatsu since he is a very powerful, and a noble (Shiba maybe) or have records about him.

Yonafunu

I think Isshin is the first guy at Yamamoto's right in the top panel:

His outfit looks similar to what we saw in todays chapter:

Not to mention Isshin often carries he sword on his shoulder when unsheathed.
It would also make sense for him to be one of the original Captains, since Shinji and the rest of the Visored don't know him, which pretty much means he's older than them, and predates them as a Captain.

Big One

Banned
One Piece - A

Now THIS is manga. Shows how much of a quality jump One Piece is compared to most of the WSJ manga.

Bleach - B

Good setup but didn't buy the emo/gag stuff. The next few chapters are going to be really interesting, though.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think Isshin is the first guy at Yamamoto's right in the top panel:

His outfit looks similar to what we saw in todays chapter:

Not to mention Isshin often carries he sword on his shoulder when unsheathed.
It would also make sense for him to be one of the original Captains, since Shinji and the rest of the Visored don't know him, which pretty much means he's older than them, and predates them as a Captain.

Good catch, but I though this person would be the tall guy from the Zero Division

I don't know. He looks way too tall and skinny to be Isshin. And I wouldn't call it his outfit either, when the guy next to him wears exactly the same.

Yonafunu

Good catch, but I though this person would be the tall guy from the Zero Division

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I'm not convinced. The fact that the hair looks much more like Isshin's made me decide on Isshin. I think Tenjiro is the kind of guy to have a 'signature' hairstyle, which doesn't change.

EDIT:
@brotkasten, I always thought that image was supposed to be an exaggeration, a caricature of the original Captains, depicting them as some sort demons. I mean, look at Unohana.Then again, maybe you're right. It's just speculation. You're right about the outfit though.

Stinky

Prison School

Andre's hairy nipple will save them all, somehow.

Boys on the Run

"Who is Gen?"

"My husband"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom