• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concept of hell in Bleach is pretty simple. It's the place where human sinners end up, after they turned into hollows and got killed by a shinigami.
The concept if Hueco Mundo could also be explained by Tim Burton.

ER5dVdd.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece

What if Luffy is able to eat the mera mera fruit and gain those powers with his gomu gomu?

Very unlikely but just throwing it out there.

dramatis

The top 10 banner reminds me that there is a new Beelzebub cover, a pretty ballin' one

I know Nisekoi got kicked out but it can totally replace GE on the alternate banner :D
Furuchin's right arm looks a little weird, but otherwise he's ballin'.

Banners updated. I kicked Fairy Tail out

Deadly

What name change? For all we know Isshin has changed his family name to escape SS. A lot of people say he´s from the Shiba clan, since Ichigo and Kaien look so much alike, not to mention what Kukakku said about her uncle getting angry. She´s most definitely talking about Isshin.
He's referring to Ichigo's mom who is Masaki Kurosaki. Hence if she's related to the Ishida's, she's the one that changed her name

IHaveIce

Banned
What name change? For all we know Isshin has changed his family name to escape SS. A lot of people say he´s from the Shiba clan, since Ichigo and Kaien look so much alike, not to mention what Kukakku said about her uncle getting angry. She´s most definitely talking about Isshin.
Yep, also pretty sure Isshin being from the Shiba clan. Wasn't the Shiba clan robbed of its Noble house status? maybe it was because of Isshin's "betrayal" and leaving the SS and marrying a quincy.
If Luffy eat Ace's fruit, I'll be fucking pissed off.

Yeah same here.

Brickhunt

He's referring to Ichigo's mom who is Masaki Kurosaki. Hence if she's related to the Ishida's, she's the one that changed her name
Another possibility is that it's "Kurosaki" Ryuuken who married an Ishida and changed his name.

Personally, I'm a fan of the idea of Masaki having a sister that Ryuuken married, Masaki being his sister-in-law, and Isshin his Brother-in-Law. Something like Walt and Hank in Breaking Bad

I see. But how is that not normal? Don´t most women take their husband´s name?
It's the usual. Not a strict law that you are punished with eternal pain and suffering for the rest of eternity for choosing to take your wife's surname.

Makes sense for Isshin to take the "unknown to Soul Society" Kurosaki name instead of keeping his Shiba name and attracting the unwanted attention of Soul Society and their enemies into you and your family.

Kurita

Honestly, Dolflamingo using Ace's fruit as a bait is obvious to me. I mean, I wouldn't like an asshole to have something that belonged to my beloved dead brother.

Zeppu

Honestly, Dolflamingo using Ace's fruit as a bait is obvious to me. I mean, I wouldn't like an asshole to have something that belonged to my beloved dead brother.

Luffy doesn't really know Ace as 'The guy with fire powers'. He only met him twice since Ace had had the powers.

Bleach

Let's get on with this flashback! Been waiting for this forever. Just a meh chapter overall but the panel with Isshan and Ichigo facing was awesome.

One Piece

Great chapter. A lot of info but even more questions. Glad they're already at the island though I doubt much will happen yet since they're supposed to drop Ceaser off at the other island and not Dressrosa.

Did the creepy woman who doesn't respect personal space have some kind of liquid DF? The way she came into the room with Doflamingo made it seem like liquid falling.

My question is what would Luffy do if he gets Ace's DF?

I don't think Luffy is going to eat the second fruit. BB did because he's special, not because he's a D, by all accounts he's not worthy of carrying the Will of "D". Why would Luffy want a second fruit anyways?

Akito

Bleach

Let's get on with this flashback! Been waiting for this forever. Just a meh chapter overall but the panel with Isshan and Ichigo facing was awesome.

One Piece

Great chapter. A lot of info but even more questions. Glad they're already at the island though I doubt much will happen yet since they're supposed to drop Ceaser off at the other island and not Dressrosa.

Did the creepy woman who doesn't respect personal space have some kind of liquid DF? The way she came into the room with Doflamingo made it seem like liquid falling.

My question is what would Luffy do if he gets Ace's DF?
Looks like it but I think that's a dude.
And yeah, no way Luffy would eat Ace's fruit himself, he'll keep it as a keepsake or something.

Zeppu

Looks like it but I think that's a dude.
And yeah, no way Luffy would eat Ace's fruit himself, he'll keep it as a keepsake or something.

I'm really expecting Dofla to go through a lot of trouble to let Luffy know that he has Ace's DF and makes him some offer and Luffy'll just tell him he doesn't give a fuck about it since it won't bring Ace back, he can't eat two devil fruits anyway and, even if he could, it tastes terrible.

Another possibility is that it's "Kurosaki" Ryuuken who married an Ishida and changed his name.

Personally, I'm a fan of the idea of Masaki having a sister that Ryuuken married, Masaki being his sister-in-law, and Isshin his Brother-in-Law. Something like Walt and Hank in Breaking Bad

I really like that idea.

Brickhunt

That honestly doesn't seem like something that would particularly outage Luffy to me.
Agreed. I do think Doflamingo would accomplish far more if he simply told Luffy that it's a extremely rare Meat Fruit (Or Devil Meat, or just disguised it as Meat) and let Luffy explode from eating.

I'm really expecting Dofla to go through a lot of trouble to let Luffy know that he has Ace's DF and makes him some offer and Luffy'll just tell him he doesn't give a fuck about it since it won't bring Ace back, he can't eat two devil fruits anyway and, even if he could, it tastes terrible.

I think the same thing. I just can't think of what Luffy would do with the DF if he actually had it. I can't see him giving it to any of his crew and I can't really see him eating it himself so the options seem to be he wouldn't care or he would keep it as a keepsake.

Wonder if Law knows about the fruit? He was kind of quick to not let Luffy hear anymore about it. He could not want Luffy to be distracted or he could want it himself?

Kusagari

That seems like something that would piss off the remaining Whitebeard pirate to me.

Yeah, I agree. I can't see Luffy caring at all, but Marco and the rest probably would.

One Piece 700

Amazing chapter full of information.

The most interesting thing to me was the four guys with Doflamingo. One of them seemed to be a Logia and then you have the fact that there's a Spade seat as well. Ace was captain of the Spade pirates and Doflamingo now has his devil fruit.

Could we see a connection between Doflamingo and Ace?

Akito

Yeah, I agree. I can't see Luffy caring at all, but Marco and the rest probably would.

One Piece 700

Amazing chapter full of information.

The most interesting thing to me was the four guys with Doflamingo. One of them seemed to be a Logia and then you have the fact that there's a Spade seat as well. Ace was captain of the Spade pirates and Doflamingo now has his devil fruit.

Could we see a connection between Doflamingo and Ace?
4 seats with only 3 guys, the heart seat is empty as Dofla did offer it to Law a while ago.

Regarding the connection with Ace, I don't see it being anything more than a coincidence but with Oda you never know. And there were smilies on Ace's hat...

iblqwAsResYq4r.png

But Masaki introduced herself to Isshin as Kurosaki!

eamVVLe.png

(Is it me or does she look a bit like Orihime?)

Which means Isshin took her name when they married.

Isn't there something where the guy could take on the girls surname if her family was more prestiguous than his? Correct me if i'm wrong here.

If so given his name is appearently in SS only he wont have any of that on Earth so he takes hers by default.

Isn't there something where the guy could take on the girls surname if her family was more prestiguous than his? Plus given his name is appearently in SS only he wont have any of that on Earth so he takes hers by default.

Exactly. So for her being an Ishida, it would mean that she changed her name to Kurosaki first.

Exactly. So for her being an Ishida, it would mean that she changed her name to Kurosaki first.

Or maybe Kurosaki is just another clan of Quincy?

Kinda like in Naruto where you have the different clans in the Village but they are still reffered to as Shinobi of the Leaf.

just throwing out stuff here :p

Or maybe Kurosaki is just another clan of Quincy?

Kinda like in Naruto where you have the different clans in the Village but they are still reffered to as Shinobi of the Leaf.

thinking out loud here :p

It absolutely a possibility. We were just under the assumption that she's somehow related to Ryuken.

upandaway

One Piece

WHOAAA

This is a bit crazy and everything is spinning everywhere in chaos. Everyone pretty said everything so I'll just freak out for a while!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH

(also no way Luffy eats Ace's fruit, c'mon there guys. he already has an Ace-themed attack, it stops there)

My guess is that Donflamingo vastly overestimated (or underestimated, depending on your opinion of his intelligence) Luffy. He won't give a shit about the fruit.

Naruto

DTL, on a scale of 1-1o; how many Yaoi doujinishis will be made about Madara and Hashirama?

upandaway

One Piece

SEA RABBITS!! :lol what the hell.
oWrRvDg.png

Also:
8oxQx9W.png

Doesn't it kinda look like Apoo there? So weird. Also I still can't tell if that's Akainu or a new Admiral. I mean I, uh. I wanna say new Admiral, no wait it could still really be Akainu.. ARGH WHAT'S GOING ON

My guess is that Donflamingo vastly overestimated (or underestimated, depending on your opinion of his intelligence) Luffy. He won't give a shit about the fruit.
Yeah I can also see that reaction coming from Luffy. "Who cares" complete with picking his nose and a DON, it's very easy to imagine.

Why not? He's already sorta got some flame powers via his diablo kick or whatever it's called. It'd fit.
That would be the biggest reason why he won't eat it, there's no need

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

I don't think she's an Ishida, but Papa Ishida does know her at least. And i wouldn't be surprised if Uryu was originally sent specifically because Ichigo's power awakened.

Now, she might be related to the head of the Quincy Army now...

And this might mean that Ichigo's sisters have a lot more potential power than they are exhibiting.

Akito

Koe no Katachi

ibzbFeCrTCuo82.gif

Fuck all those assholes, if only this was a Screaming Lesson chapter.

Buyuden
Take is a beast, we get that, how about some new developments.

upandaway

Vinland Saga

Oh wow, those vikings are really excited. That's pretty much a massacre. Really hope Snake doesn't bite it here.

I doubt Canute will die here either so I guess we know how this is gonna end

Buyuden

"Well this is a pretty neat little mang-"
uBPWoR1.png

OOF
ASGSGASAIL;HIPBKLDSNBP

So, what games are you playing right now, members of mangaGAF? And what games do you really like?
OH!

Dragon Quest VI for DS! It actually really surprised me because it has that part where you encase your ship in a bubble to dive underwater. That has to be where One Piece got it from. I had no clue it was done before, so that was pretty mindblowing.

My favorites are!! Pokemon, DQ, MonHun, Ys I & II, Disgaea, Zelda II, everything MOTHER, Mario Kart and Touhou.

I love the whole "thing" about JRPGs but I'm having trouble getting into any with long battle animations and lots of cutscenes, which pretty much limits me to the oldschool ones :( really dunno what to do with that, I liked Xenoblade.
Also, lots and lots of VNs (if they count as games, haha)!

Akito

One Piece
Also:
8oxQx9W.png

Doesn't it kinda look like Apoo there? So weird. Also I still can't tell if that's Akainu or a new Admiral. I mean I, uh. I wanna say new Admiral, no wait it could still really be Akainu.. ARGH WHAT'S GOING ON
That's obviously Akainu, just look at his flowery shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom