• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin Ripper 1-7

IOR1u.jpg

What's this? Another Shoujo that I actually like? Well I'll be damned.

So people that commit suicide become shinigamis, and there's one spunky upbeat girl that doesn't seem like she belongs there because she smiles a lot. We're lead to believe it will just be a typical light-hearted afterlife comedy starring a genki girl, but things go bad pretty quickly. Some brutal stuff happens and it pretty much becomes a battle shoujo.

Will keep reading.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What, did Bleach end up doing one?

Well, Orihime did confess to Ichigo, although he was sleeping at the time. I vaguely assume it will get resolved at some point. At the very least a lot of the characters are into each other. Whether or not it gets resolved I don't know.

remz

Bleach has the air of unresolved romantic tension with both the Orihime and Rukia things going on.

I don't know really whether I'm for or against romance plots in manga. The mini one with Gon and crazy lady in HxH was pretty funny. But I can't think of a love story played straight in that genre that felt real.

One Piece does well without it. But there's so much going on in the plot it wouldn't make sense to slow it down for romantic this and thats. The main arc in most of these manga aren't exactly conductive for having the plot slow down for people to hook up.

@above. Fantastic! Hopefully it'll be good.

Kusagari

Bleach has the air of unresolved romantic tension with both the Orihime and Rukia things going on.

I don't know really whether I'm for or against romance plots in manga. The mini one with Gon and crazy lady in HxH was pretty funny. But I can't think of a love story played straight in that genre that felt real.

One Piece does well without it. But there's so much going on in the plot it wouldn't make sense to slow it down for romantic this and thats.

It worked in HxH because Gon actually ended up being a pimp.

One Piece does well without it. But there's so much going on in the plot it wouldn't make sense to slow it down for romantic this and thats. The main arc in most of these manga aren't exactly conductive for having the plot slow down for people to hook up.

@above. Fantastic! Hopefully it'll be good.

HxH doesn't have any romantic subplots, just awkward sexual allusions, lol. Dat boner Hisoka gets from Gon...

Mr. Fix

I'm pretty sure the tension died out a long time ago. Beam even said that Ichigo and Rukia act like siblings. It's supposed to be Renji and Rukia... I think.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure the tension died out a long time ago. Beam even said that Ichigo and Rukia act like siblings. It's supposed to be Renji and Rukia... I think.

Part of the problem with romance arcs in very popular series is that virtual cottage industries rise up around various pairings to the point of causing fanbase alienation if you change the status quo too much.

remz

It's a shame, because that would have actually been a decent pairing.

All this Molester Man talk is making me want to read it. Is that the real name or is a GAF nickname like Aunt Tits?

Angry Grimace

It's a shame, because that would have actually been a decent pairing.

All this Molester Man talk is making me want to read it. Is that the real name or is a GAF nickname like Aunt Tits?

The real name is Molester Man. All of the characters's names are psuedonyms used on the internet - he goes by Molester Man because he's mistaken by the police as a Molester in the first chapter.

Bossun

Molester Man
Oh yeah, maybe I should have posted this earlier. Here's how Molester described the three main girls:
Miss Understanding is said to look like Ogura Yuko, a Japanese gravure idol. Google her if you want.
Loli is child-faced like Miss Understanding and looks a lot younger than her age.
And as for Kansai, Molester said, this Jeans model on an online shopping site kinda resembles her.

Man Mangaka have a very weird perception of japanese anatomy and faces.

Snakeyes

Hopefully the story wont be a clusterfuck of shit

Honestly, the first chapter already had more crazy stuff than the entirety of Air Gear, which was pretty straightforward if you didn't try to make sense of all the LOLscience. If BT is like this now, lord knows what it'll turn into later.

Too late.

Isnt it too late for hopes? I think based on all impressions so far of biorg trinity, that its first chapter already has way too much going on and is difficult to make out due to four+ things going on.

---------

I guess the benefit of digital manga is that manga volumes can be had in these random end of year sales for only 99cents, got Awkward Silence v1 and Yebisu Celebrities from viz's sublime line yesterday and today, three more days of sales.

Honestly, the first chapter already had more crazy stuff than the entirety of Air Gear, which was pretty straightforward if you didn't try to make sense of all the LOLscience. If BT is like this now, lord knows what it'll turn into later.

I guess this is a record then LOL

You'll have to suffer through some forgettable action stuff but the romance was definitely well executed.

Eh? How? By all means they really didn't start having an attraction to each other till about volume eight.

The whole "We die together" seem to come out of left field in my eyes. Especially considering Tokiko's personality? Yeah...don't buy that shit for a second.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Biorg Trinity

I don't even know what the fuck I just read. I was expecting it to at least be coherent for a few volumes like always before turning to shit.

789shadow

Banned
Okay MangaGAF, after I finish FMA, which of the series on my list should I finish next:

Assassination Classroom
TWGOK
HxH
Nisekoi
Silver Spoon

Dresden

Okay MangaGAF, after I finish FMA, which of the series on my list should I finish next:

Assassination Classroom
TWGOK
HxH
Nisekoi
Silver Spoon

HxH has the best single arc out of the lot, but I wouldn't wish the fate of HxH fans on most people.

I'd start Silver Spoon, then move onto TWGOK. Nisekoi is worthless. Assassination Classroom is still quite new so you can let it build up more as you catch up on others.

remz

Assassination Classroom
TWGOK
HxH
Nisekoi
Silver Spoon

HxH is amazing but dealing with the fact it may never, ever be finished and constant hiatus is a terrible fate indeed.

Probably Silver Spoon. So like what the fellow above me said. Kind of fits after FMA too!

Angry Grimace

Molester Man 19

I totally know where this is going. Totally.

Dresden

Molester Man - 19

Waiter Route unlocked.

That Sachiko pic killed me. Won't spoil here with a pic but I laughed pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom