• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade Play 1-13

GKDaD.jpg

Smutgaf, you guys need to get on this. It's like a battle series where the means of fighting is sex.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Like I said, at least get to vol. 2.

Yep its worth it. I have so many feels right now.

Well, the reason why I haven't post much scans is that I'm sure most of you will dislike it for the art. :p

But it's great. Give it a chance. I started to like it after the first arc, and the 25th chapter made me love it.

Alright... I am usually really allergic to super-handsome-sparkling-Bishoujo (tm), hahaha, but for this one I'll make an exception.

PS: echothreealpha, you changing your avatar really threw me off; for a second I thought, "Who is this guy?" hahaha.

NARUTO

I can sort of accept Naruto-Hinata happening but I certainly cannot accept Sasuke-Sakura happening. I don't care how many kind of logic there are in the entire universe, there is none of them that can justify her hooking up with a person once actively, consciously, and deliberately trying to kill her without even sparing a thought.

Witches

The art for this was simply fantastic. Like, I don't know how to describe it in a way that would do it justice. It hit all my buttons--rough, sketchy, with a great sense of texture, and detail in all the right places. It's a pity the writing and storytelling wasn't at the same level as the art--too many simple-minded new age truisms and too many characters that fit neatly into good and bad roles, not enough ambiguity and mystery. Really, the art does a much better at conveying the themes that the author had in mind than anything anyone said in the course of the manga. Art like this demands poetry to match, and it's a shame the writing was B-grade.

Alright... I am usually really allergic to super-handsome-sparkling-Bishoujo (tm), hahaha, but for this one I'll make an exception.

PS: echothreealpha, you changing your avatar really threw me off; for a second I thought, "Who is this guy?" hahaha.

Well, a Roronoa Zoro pixel art is too good to pass up man, haha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Actual sex, you have the positions, the movements, a looooot of nipples.
The only thing missing are the actual sex, penis and vagina which are blank part.

That's just what Japanese anatomy looks like.

Note: I base all of my knowledge on this topic from "My Balls"

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sakura will end up with Sai for the lulz.

It won't happen, ....I think, but imagine the reaction if Hinata is offed on the next chapter. I would build Kishimoto a statue to honor him in my backyard if he pulls that off, ahahahaha.

Well yeah, but there are two kinds of Japanese genitals. Pixelated and pure white outlines of nothingness.

And tentacles. Don't forget tentacles.

First romance I've seen in a battle manga was when Goku proposed to Chi Chi during the Bodukai.

So yeah, I don't really have much high hopes on romance in Bleach/Naruto, as much as I ship NarutoxHinata as hard as any man can.

Bossun

Biorg Trinity 1

So the new manga by Oh Great.
Hard to tell, we don't know much about the story and the "powers".

Anyway typical Oh Great, great art, boner girls, and over complicated story and un-understandable panels layout and discussions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Biorg Trinity 1

So the new manga by Oh Great.
Hard to tell, we don't know much about the story and the "powers".

Anyway typical Oh Great, great art, boner girls, and over complicated story and un-understandable panels layout and discussions.

The man needs a writer to work with. I like the art, but the stories make my head hurt and my favorite book is Ulysses.

Bossun

The man needs a writer to work with. I like the art, but the stories make my head hurt and my favorite book is Ulysses.

I think it's the panel layout and the staging of each panel, the camera orientation and everything. Or it's just me and I have a problem but damn it makes absolutely no sense at all.

The part in the laundry mat with the cop. I have absolutely no idea at all what that was all about.

And the dialogues, I feel like I'm reading three or four intertwined dialogues at the same time

But dayum these girls... I think I'm gonna like the backward pooping, self nonsense-talking girl at the end.

I think it's the panel layout and the staging of each panel, the camera orientation and everything. Or it's just me and I have a problem but damn it makes absolutely no sense at all.

The part in the laundry mat with the cop. I have absolutely no idea at all what that was all about.

And the dialogues, I feel like I'm reading three or four intertwined dialogues at the same time

But dayum these girls... I think I'm gonna like the backward pooping, self nonsense-talking girl at the end.

The cop was strange or must have some scanning tech in his eyes or something I think.

They should have done chp 2 as well, I thought it was in the same issue...

Pretty funny that people thought itd be easy to follow since Oh! Great isnt the writer...

Solune

Now you're just ruining Christmas!
Angry GrimaceScrooge
(Today, 03:41 PM)
I just reread Onani Master Kurosawa. The two can't be compared, one being full RomCom and one being a drama of one's love, acceptance, and redemption.
Their merits are also evaluated on opposite ends of the spectrum. Molester Man deals with subjects and topics that are relatively realistic and primarily dealing with MM's romantic interests. Onani Master is as you've stated, it focuses on a variety of issues and to me, is a more complete package in terms of story telling. The premise is more surreal and expands on the sociopathic disorder.
Kansai route > everything else.

Just saying.

Pretty much

Snakeyes

Biorg Trinity 1

Well, this is pretty out there even for me. Despite all the criticism Air Gear gets for going off the rails a bit during the second half of the manga, the main premise is still grounded in reality. Biorg Trinity however goes into FLCL-style craziness with transforming girls and giant spiders a few pages in. Not sure if I'll keep following this one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No romance really is the best way for battle mangas.

Not really. There isn't anything at all preventing plausible romance arcs. Even adequately executed romance arcs give characters significant depth. It's also highly implausible that characters DON'T do so. Pretty much every single piece of fiction that isn't for young children has romance arcs because humans as a species have a very strong affinity for them, even men.

Not really. There isn't anything at all preventing plausible romance arcs. Even adequately executed romance arcs give characters significant depth. It's also highly implausible that characters DON'T do so. Pretty much every single piece of fiction that isn't for young children has romance arcs because humans as a species have a very strong affinity for them, even men.

Buso Renkin was pretty mediocre as a battle manga but it had one of the best romance arcs.

This despite the main character being a total dumbfuck.

On the other hand One Piece remains pure and hasn't suffered for it.

Angry Grimace

Buso Renkin was pretty mediocre as a battle manga but it had one of the best romance arcs.

This despite the main character being a total dumbfuck.

Maybe I'm just a glutton for feels, but I tend to lose interest in pretty much anything if everyone in a series is asexual.

Hopefully the story wont be a clusterfuck of shit

Isnt it too late for hopes? I think based on all impressions so far of biorg trinity, that its first chapter already has way too much going on and is difficult to make out due to four+ things going on.

---------

I guess the benefit of digital manga is that manga volumes can be had in these random end of year sales for only 99cents, got Awkward Silence v1 and Yebisu Celebrities from viz's sublime line yesterday and today, three more days of sales.

One Piece has a cast of a-sexual people and exaggerated perverts, but it's probably the only one that at least had some minor moments that kinda got me emotional.
There's more important things to focus on imo, especially since most of the writers in this genre obviously can't pull it off properly. HxH also does it right (though I guess it makes more sense since the main cast consists of children)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You'll have to suffer through some forgettable action stuff but the romance was definitely well executed.

I was disappointed by that manga a lot. I mean it was from the same guy that did Rurouni Kenshin so I was hoping it would be sweet. We haven't really seen much from the guy since then, I suppose he was a one-hit wonder. Hell of a hit to have though.

Angry Grimace

One Piece has a cast of a-sexual people and exaggerated perverts, but it's probably the only one that at least had some minor moments that kinda got me emotional.
There's more important things to focus on imo, especially since most of the writers in this genre obviously can't pull it off properly. HxH also does it right (though I guess it makes more sense since the main cast consists of children)

How did I know you were going to just name drop the only series I can even think of featuring adults that doesn't have any romance arc at all? Just saying. There isn't any causative relationship between Oda's decision to not add romance arcs and One Piece's supposed quality because its a single example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom