• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haru no Houtai Shoujo 1

284399323yuwr.jpg

Oh boy. I never usually pay attention to anything when there's only 1 chapter out, but I started flicking through this to see whether it was relevant to my interests and, well, turns out it is. The MC actually defies tradition by starting off with a waifu and spends half the chapter being lovey-dovey with her. Unfortunately he's a quasi human torch and inadvertently flambés her at the end of it. Presumably not to death, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a romance series.

Will wait for more chapters before I actually pick it up properly, but first impressions are scorching hot for the premise alone.

Madao

Naruto

I would die laughing if nothing came of this, just like Hina's "I love you" backfire. Shipper rage would be glorious.

But seriously, I do hope he doesn't magically end up with her after like 500+ chapters of him not giving a fuck and being all about Sakura. It'd be fine if they actually showed some interest on his end prior, but they haven't.

my guess is that Sakura's stunt back in the Kage summit arc is what pushed him over the edge and he realized he was being a dumbass for all that time. problem is that Naruto and Hinata had almost no interaction between that part and now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well to be completely honest there really hasn't been a time frame where naruto could hang with hinata or what ever since the confession thing. He's been busy as fuck.

It's been laid out since the start though that unless she dies that is who naruto was gonna get with.

Desmond

What is Mario? :eek:

AFAIK Kishimoto has said that once he finishes Naruto he wants to work on Mario which is a one shot he made back a while ago before Naruto and is an Akira influenced Mafia manga.

Ox9S2.jpg

Am I allowed to post that?

Also, just realised that with this weeks chapter, the War has lasted 100 Chapters

scy

Should I stay loyal to Japanzai or not bother?

I didn't even realize it was from different people for those two chapters. I dunno! Up to you I guess!

Not that much happens in the two chapters.

Haru no Houtai Shoujo 1

Unfortunately he's a quasi human torch and inadvertently flambés her at the end of it. Presumably not to death, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a romance series.

Hahahaha what

AFAIK Kishimoto has said that once he finishes Naruto he wants to work on Mario which is a one shot he made back a while ago before Naruto and is an Akira influenced Mafia manga.

Ox9S2.jpg

Looks very seinen.

I would actually love to have this, just to find out whether he's a genuinely bad storyteller or if ge's pandering to a specific audience with some elements in Naruto.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My point remains, that it is namely due to lack of page time that their relationship didn't continue to progress. Still wouldn't be surprised to see Kishi jump to the finish line and have them embrace or something at the end of the series. I also didn't mean to infer that Shikimaru hasn't contributed in Shippuden, just that he, like all other characters, is severely lacking in presence compare to part 1. He's there more than many others but lets not fool ourselves, Shippuden is the Naruto and Sauce show. Temari almost literally disappeared and it takes both of them getting page time together to develop things further. Oh god, I've become one of those people that ramble on about a negligible occurrence in a series.

No, I'm saying I don't agree Shikamaru had less presence in Part II than I unless you're dramatically overstating how much Shikamaru was in Part I.

Well to be completely honest there really hasn't been a time frame where naruto could hang with hinata or what ever since the confession thing. He's been busy as fuck.

It's been laid out since the start though that unless she dies that is who naruto was gonna get with.

Up until this point, it was generally considered that one or two options were happening

1)Somehow Kishi was going to shoehorn in Sakura's development to "make up" for that bullshit in the Kage-summit arc and bam Naruto forgives her and done deal and all that jazz

or

2)Naruto just wouldn't have any final pairings and maybe at best imply one way or the other, kind of like Keikkashi.

Needless to say, 1 just got shot straight to hell.

Nice! I haven't read it yet but I watched all the episodes of the anime on Toonami and was really disappointed when it was cut off. I planned on reading the manga to see what happens but learned of the hiatus and decided to wait until she started writing again. How long are her arcs, normally? Should I just wait for her to finish?

I'd be reluctant to even separate the story into arcs, and if I did it would
just be 2 arcs.

Anyway, you could start reading now if you want since it definitely feels like an endgame and basically all of the loose ends from the anime got addressed.

It is important to note a few important characters got cut from the anime, so skipping around in the chapters the anime covered might be good.

Naruto

The NaruxHina talk is back in full swing I see but seriously I think Naruto's "fainting" will be explained by the fact he had already given up on Sakura when she pulled her stunt. The only thing this chase has been about was to keep a promise to her "Bring Sasuke back"

It was clear that Naruto lost Sakura to Sasuke from the very beginning. He has grown since then I think Hinata although they had less interaction (not in the same team) is a much more realistic outcome. More like his mom and dad, they just fit better. Twice now he has been tested by death in battle Hinata was the spotlight. Nothing coming out of this would be strange. Accepting Hinata shows maturity going after Sakura would show he has learned nothing at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Up until this point, it was generally considered that one or two options were happening

1)Somehow Kishi was going to shoehorn in Sakura's development to "make up" for that bullshit in the Kage-summit arc and bam Naruto forgives her and done deal and all that jazz

or

2)Naruto just wouldn't have any final pairings and maybe at best imply one way or the other, kind of like Keikkashi.

Needless to say, 1 just got shot straight to hell.

Meh, the Sakura route got deep sixed when she was thinking about Sasuke in the middle of the war. I really don't think Kishimoto quite understands the unfortunate implications of Sakura being in love with a guy who literally attempted to murder her.

How would that make sense given that one of the main reasons the bullshit at the Kage Summit didn't fly was because Naruto knows she was bullshitting about the Sauce due to all the stuff they went thru?

I'm just not seeing him going back on that shit since he will attempt to move heaven and earth to get the sauce back to the light.

Meh, the Sakura route got deep sixed when she was thinking about Sasuke in the middle of the war. I really don't think Kishimoto quite understands the unfortunate implications of Sakura being in love with a guy who literally attempted to murder her.

You know, thinking about it, if Sakura *actually* gets over Sasuke when all is said and done, I can forgive Kishi for this fanfiction-level rushed development.

I think her character having closure, even if it's not in a romantic sense with Naruto, would be the best outcome of this whole thing.

You know, thinking about it, if Sakura *actually* gets over Sasuke when all is said and done, I can forgive Kishi for this fanfiction-level rushed development.

I think her character having closure, even if it's not in a romantic sense with Naruto, would be the best outcome of this whole thing.

Her closure would be she Kills Sasuke to protect Naruto, does not end up with the one she saves but it fixes my issues with her loyalty to leaf/family theme

Angry Grimace

The funny thing is that Sasuke doesn't really have any plot relevance at the moment and its probably going to require an asspull to give him one - he doesn't and never did seem interested in the Moon's Eye Plan (it doesn't even sound like he knew about it really), so what's his motivation? Just killing Naruto/"crushing Konoha?" That seems like a fairly dramatic scale-back of the current arc.

The funny thing is that Sasuke doesn't really have any plot relevance at the moment and its probably going to require an asspull to give him one - he doesn't and never did seem interested in the Moon's Eye Plan (it doesn't even sound like he knew about it really), so what's his motivation? Just killing Naruto/"crushing Konoha?" That seems like a fairly dramatic scale-back of the current arc.

And besides, if Naruto actually defeats Obito/Madara...how the FUCK would he stand a chance in hell against Naruto?

It'd be a curbstomp on the level of Batman and Bane.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Dumbass will stop madara because "only he can crush konoha". he'll have a change of heart somewhat and blah blah blah, Naruto becomed hokage, or turn it down, and sasuke starts the uchiha line again with pink hair

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sda5T.png

Not that I think the events in MM really happened, but they still feel relatable and lifelike in a way that OMK never did. Also the 2ch anons are basically the Greek chorus in this, which is pretty amusing.

I mean, I really like Molester Man too (I really dig the author's way of drawing things), but whereas Molester Man's entire arc can most probably be summed as "he's trying to get that girl", Onani Master dealt with a greater/wider range of issues, I think. And so far there were much more scenes in Onani Master that really tug my heart compared to Molester Man.

In short I feel like, in many ways, Onani Master are much more.... how should I say this..... meaningful?

Oh Great! too.

Well, Oh Great! was a hentai artist, and some of his hentai works are quite well known too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dumbass will stop madara because "only he can crush konoha". he'll have a change of heart somewhat and blah blah blah, Naruto becomed hokage, or turn it down, and sasuke starts the uchiha line again with pink hair

I hope not. It would be the stupidest thing to happen in Naruto by far. Let the sause get his own arc after this to close this all up. The war is already entering it's final stage, everyone who is going to show has showed it's time to end it.

RagnarokX

This is bugging me. Until the first person noted this possible twist, and then everyone agreed, there wasn't any mention of heart switching. Everyone is claiming it was a predictable twist only because a single person already suggested it, taking that as their own idea.

I seriously wonder if it wasn't for this forum and everyone talking about it how many people would have really predicted that. I imagine it would be a fair few less of us, I know I didn't.

I'm pretty sure I remember people predicting it was Monet's heart way back during the chapter where we saw Law give the heart to Caesar.

vareon

I just reread Onani Master Kurosawa. The two can't be compared, one being full RomCom and one being a drama of one's love, acceptance, and redemption.

7 Seeds Vol 1-4

The best survival manga I have ever read. Wow its so good and there is more.

Team Winter story is ;________________________________________________;

7 Seeds Vol 1-4

The best survival manga I have ever read. Wow its so good and there is more.

Team Winter story is ;________________________________________________;

Oh yes. Especially what came afterwards. That had all my feels man.

edit: I am obligated to reply to any 7 Seeds post ever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Beelzebub

Baby Beel tries to make friends at a preschool and Oga christens the new Ishiyama high school the only way he knows how. Beel grows up so fast.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is 7 seeds really that good?

I took a quick peek at the first chapter last night and when the first Bishoujo of the Day (tm) immediately appeared I closed it down.

It was just a quick impression only. I really dislike the old-school Shoujo style (well, many of the "new-school" too I guess) but if it's really as good as you folks say it is.....

I took a quick peek at the first chapter last night and when the first Bishoujo of the Day (tm) immediately appeared I closed it down.

It was just a quick impression only. I really dislike the old-school Shoujo style (well, many of the "new-school" too I guess) but if it's really as good as you folks say it is.....

Yep its worth it. I have so many feels right now.

Well, the reason why I haven't post much scans is that I'm sure most of you will dislike it for the art. :p

But it's great. Give it a chance. I started to like it after the first arc, and the 25th chapter made me love it.

problem is that Naruto and Hinata had almost no interaction between that part and now.

Maybe Kishimoto assumes that his main audience watches all of the anime and other shit anyway, so these anime filler arcs compensate the non existent chara development post time skip lol.

Ox9S2.jpg

If only Naruto chapters looked somehow close to that, lol. I haven't really read the series since years, but check it out every couple of months if OP isn't out yet or if I see some backlash like these past two weeks occuring - and currently it strikes me how bad the art has gotten. Wasn't that fox demon supposed to be menacing? Looks absolutely ludicrous in todays chapter. Hinata seems also kinda half assed.

Bossun

Naruto

Damn I'd redeem Naruto if Sasuke is ragdolled by Naruto and start crying like a little bitch and realise he can't do shit to konoha because Naruto fought against a god-levelled zombie.

I don't care about Sakura, her love story was ridiculous and if at that point she is still on Sasuke she is one of the dumbest character of the manga and Kishi doesn't know anything about love. Hinata has always been there for Naruto when Sakura just conveniently forgot all Naruto did for her and kept on talking about Sasuke even though he wanted to kill her.

But oh well, we all know Sasuke's gonna have an ass pull making him super strong and Sakura will come running cry to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom