• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OPM 25

Those reflections. I'm not worthy. That is probably one of the best renderings of a reflective surface I have ever seen in manga.

Though seriously, this is an entire chapter of THE ROBOT FLYING AND LANDING.

He draws like he's storyboarding.

Kreed

One Piece 700:

Ridiculous! I see posts like this all the time for all these mangas, "just gimme what I want right now!" Patience, people! Once you have everything there will be nothing left!

I'm not speaking a different language, so try not to oversimplify my posts like that if you don't understand my comments. If you need further explanation, just ask.

OPM 25

Those reflections. I'm not worthy. That is probably one of the best renderings of a reflective surface I have ever seen in manga.

Though seriously, this is an entire chapter of THE ROBOT FLYING AND LANDING.

He draws like he's storyboarding.

You have to see the Eyeshield 21 colors spreads.

OPM 25

Ugh, not again. Did it look amazing and mind blowing? Yes. But I really dislike the lack of story progress.

And we didn't even get a GIF from the last chapter!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

Oh man, Murata is at it again, he needs to stop doing live streams, I just cannot manage to look away :(

This is exactly why I got 2 monitors at work. One to watch the live stream and the other one to read and post on GAF.

Yeah.

Kurita

I've kind of avoided eyeshield 21 because I find american football to be incredibly boring.

I'll check out the colour spreads though.
xhYeVKt.jpg
And Eyeshield 21 makes football amazing. The special moves are ridiculous.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's been on my list of stuff to check out, it's just my apathy for american football always makes me skip it.

One day though. Never knew it was done by such a good artist. OPM was my first exposure to murata.

It's been on my list of stuff to check out, it's just my apathy for american football always makes me skip it.

One day though. Never knew it was done by such a good artist. OPM was my first exposure to murata.

Eyeshield 21 was what introduced me to american football and I love it.

Qvoth

somewhere along the way eyeshield became boring for me
i remember really liking it in the beginning/middle
i remember not liking the ending either
it had a good run

Kurita

somewhere along the way eyeshield became boring for me
i remember really liking it in the beginning/middle
i remember not liking the ending either
it had a good run

Well the last arc was just pure fan service with the Japanese team featuring all the characters we liked, it wasn't necessary. But hey, I didn't complain about it, it was a dream coming true for the 14yo Eyeshield 21 fanboy I was back then.

I'm a huge fan of football but I just couldn't get into ES21. I think being a big fan had a lot to do with it. I just couldn't get over a lot of the absurdities in the actual games. Players crossing the entire field in seconds or players running what seems like miles for the play to only end up being 4 yards. It's my problem with most sports manga, they end up injecting too many skills/powers/awesome moves to make it believable. Also the weird racial stuff made it awkward. It wouldn't have been too big of a deal, but by the time it got to that stuff I had already gotten kind of tired of the silliness.

Still liking Haikyu though, mainly because they haven't put any of this in it yet.

No, you're incredibly racist and dumb.
No you.
ES21 has some uncomfortable scenes and is pretty racially ignorant, but it's not particularly hateful.
It´s blatant with black muscles, black bone structure. And FYI racists are mostly ignorant. If it´s not hateful it does not mean it is still less racist and dumb, especially when there are millions of impressionable Japanese teenagers who are mostly ignorant about blacks, and racial sensitivities. These teens might actually think that black people are like that. Stereotyping belongs also under racially ignorant and offensive actions.

So its racist because the who black muscle deal? Oh please.

I actually never even got to the black muscles stuff. For me it was the first time the American’s show up and the guy is calling everyone "Japs" and "monkey's" and it shows some black people looking at a computer with giant lips. Just a little awkward and uncomfortable.

I never weighed on the matter but although the reasoning is wrong (black muscles) but the fact is that black men are faster that white men.

I guess is a problem how stereotypical is the portrayal of black men in manga and anime, but that's hardly only a problem on E21.

scy

I actually never even got to the black muscles stuff. For me it was the first time the American’s show up and the guy is calling everyone "Japs" and "monkey's" and it shows some black people looking at a computer with giant lips. Just a little awkward and uncomfortable.

To be fair, the entire character of the Coach is that he's a prejudiced and ignorant racist.

Kurita

The coach is supposed to be racist, that's his character.

I never weighed on the matter but although the reasoning is wrong (black muscles) but the fact is that black men are faster that white men.

I guess is a problem how stereotypical is the portrayal of black men in manga and anime, but that's hardly only a problem on E21.

True. Eyeshield 21 just shows black people as natural born runners due to their physiology supposedly.

To be fair, the entire character of the Coach is that he's a prejudiced and ignorant racist.

The coach is supposed to be racist, that's his character.

Oh I understood that. It really wouldn't have been reason enough for me to stop reading, I had just already gotten bored of the silliness. That just made it a little unconfortable so I picked it as good as time as any to stop reading.

But you go ahead and defend this piece of shit racist manga.

The trainer is obviously racist and the manga shows that he is wrong in his ways.

The manga depicts black people as superior in running (which they are in real life) due to their muscles (which could be the wrong reason).

Do you think that after reading Eyeshield 21 people will treat black people as trash?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm not speaking a different language, so try not to oversimplify my posts like that if you don't understand my comments. If you need further explanation, just ask.

Nah I do not need further explanation, you were perfectly clear. I believe my assertion is equally clear. The notion of "nah, that's enough mysteries" is ludicrous. We have HOW many years left of this manga? There is no need to rush into revealing anything before it is appropriate for the story that is being told.

Kreed

One Piece 700:

Nah I do not need further explanation, you were perfectly clear. I believe my assertion is equally clear. The notion of "nah, that's enough mysteries" is ludicrous. We have HOW many years left of this manga? There is no need to rush into revealing anything before it is appropriate for the story that is being told.

And that's not what I was saying at all, which is why I asked if you needed clarification. If you don't want clarification that's fine too, but don't try to paraphrase my comments into completely different claims or discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom