• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
xoqhOeJ.png

I can confirm this.

e: ugh, ffs. not again.

What´s the name of the manga?

upandaway

Assassination Classroom

Him being embarrassed was gold, haha. I'd feel embarrassed too!

I'm guessing whatever gave him his tentacles involves doing something incredibly immoral (i.e. why he'd be angry if he saw someone else with it). I guess that much is obvious, though.

The trainer is obviously racist and the manga shows that he is wrong in his ways.

The manga depicts black people as superior in running (which they are in real life) due to their muscles (which could be the wrong reason).

Do you think that after reading Eyeshield 21 people will treat black people as trash?

It´s judging people based on their color. It´s stereotyping black people. A lot of Japanese have already prejudice on foreigners. Adding fuel to the fire does not help.

aohige

Neo Member
Well, Eyeshield 21 may be incorrect and fictional, African olympians do tend to have long, slim limbs, tall, and hell of a lot faster than a Japanese track & field runner.
That's where all those stereotypes come from, it's not anymore racist than say... common stereotype in America saying Asians are simply better at math.

Although we are, in average. :p

Gradivus

Jojo Part 3: Chapters: 1-31

Having only watched those 13 special episodes, I decided to read through the manga recently.

So far the hangman part was great, I really loved it. Everything before that was ok, Joseph doesn't really do too much which is a pity seeming he was such a great character in Part 2.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
And that's not what I was saying at all, which is why I asked if you needed clarification. If you don't want clarification that's fine too, but don't try to paraphrase my comments into completely different claims or discussions.

I'm not sure this superior attitude you are parading about here is particularly necessary. How many times are you going to offer clarification without actually giving it, if you are so sure I am misunderstanding you?

You: Just reveal the characters now and not hint at them 50 chapters before and then show their shadow at the end of the 50th new chapter and give them a full on reveal the chapter after that.

Me: There is no need to rush into revealing anything before it is appropriate for the story that is being told.

Pretty cut and dry to me. If the story is being written in a way that hints are necessary to build the kind of dramatic tension Oda is going for, so be it. The exact things you suggest they NOT do, namely early hints and shadows, are the things that make One Piece what it is.

But by all means, do tell me how I am wildly misconstruing your intent here.

Korosenai

Assassination Classroom

Him being embarrassed was gold, haha. I'd feel embarrassed too!

I'm guessing whatever gave him his tentacles involves doing something incredibly immoral (i.e. why he'd be angry if he saw someone else with it). I guess that much is obvious, though.
He is going to blow up the planet, so I dont think he has much room for getting mad at someone else for doing something immoral lol

Kreed

One Piece 700:

I'm not sure this superior attitude you are parading about here is particularly necessary. How many times are you going to offer clarification without actually giving it, if you are so sure I am misunderstanding you?

There is no "attitude". I'm just trying to avoid the usual multi page One Piece discussion over my negative One Piece opinions if they aren't really necessary. In your case it isn't necessary because you're attempting to arguing something/claim something about my first post about One Piece chapter 700 that I wasn't saying about the chapter. But I will now explain further so that this will hopefully put an end to your paraphrasing of my comments:

You: Just reveal the characters now and not hint at them 50 chapters before and then show their shadow at the end of the 50th new chapter and give them a full on reveal the chapter after that.

And this is the key problem. You zoned in on this particular sentence from a response quote to a response Upandaway made about my original comment on the chapter and you have been using this as your main talking point about my comments, completely ignoring the rest of the post or the original post that provides context to that single sentence.

This part of the post...

We have so many other characters that he needs to reveal for the first time and/or show after the time skip, he doesn't need to create new mysteries at this point of the story.

And this part of my original post...

I would have rather Oda revealed the new Shichibukai and Admiral this chapter, as we already have too many things that still need to be revealed, but I know we'll get to see them later as "chapter ending" surprises.

...Are the context your "just gimme what I want right now!" post was missing. To summarize, I wasn't saying "Oda needs to stop making end of surprises and should just reveal everything right now" vs "Oda should use more of the huge library of hidden One Piece secrets and characters yet to be revealed as chapter surprises vs introducing even more new surprises into the manga while not revealing others".

upandaway

He is going to blow up the planet, so I dont think he has much room for getting mad at someone else for doing something immoral lol
You could argue that such a villain should not be allowed to teach! Think of the children!!

retcon
One punch man

He might as well just make an anime at this point. I love all this and it looks great, but he should really save it for when someone is actually doing... something.

Also what the hell at the HxH reference in the beginning... that does not fill me with confidence. If I was trying to look hard into it, it would look like he's hinting that from now on he's gonna adopt this glacial pace of animating 2 panels into 20 double-spreads.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
...Are the context your "just gimme what I want right now!" post was missing. To summarize, I wasn't saying "Oda needs to stop making end of surprises and should just reveal everything right now" vs "Oda should use more of the huge library of hidden One Piece secrets and characters yet to be revealed as chapter surprises vs introducing even more new surprises into the manga while not revealing others".

Well if you read my second post, you'll see that I addressed this point quite specifically.

The notion of "nah, that's enough mysteries" is ludicrous. We have HOW many years left of this manga?

I do not agree that at this point in the story Oda should push aside new mysteries, and focus on revealing old ones. I am quite happy with a steady stream of new ones, and in fact, I almost prefer the most long-running ones to be delayed, it gives them more gravitas. I like when a story only pulls together near the end.

Kreed

Edit: Forgot the Magi avatar bet was over.

One Piece 700:

Well if you read my second post, you'll see that I addressed this point quite specifically.

I do not agree that at this point in the story Oda should push aside new mysteries, and focus on revealing old ones. I am quite happy with a steady stream of new ones, and in fact, I almost prefer the most long-running ones to be delayed, it gives them more gravitas. I like when a story only pulls together near the end.

And this comment from the quote above and your original post...

The notion of "nah, that's enough mysteries" is ludicrous.

Is also wrong and bad paraphrasing. I don't want Oda to not create any more new mysteries. To elaborate further, I feel that after the time skip, we have more than enough mysteries with characters we haven't seen in their "post time skip" forms in addition to the other older mysteries Oda has yet to reveal. He should exhaust SOME (NOT ALL) of these mysteries first before introducing new ones.

But your comments after that quote makes it clearer that you now understand what I was saying in my first posts vs your last two paraphrasing attempts, and all I can do is disagree since it's your opinion.

Their translation was really silly (really silly).

I mean that's about it, sorry if I got your hopes up.

I was hoping it was going to be something like Panda just took the official SJ USA version changed like 2 things, stamped a water mark on it, and said it was there own.

Kreed

One Punch Man:

Boon released his translation for OPM. If you don't want watermarks ruining everything...
http://i.imgur.com/hqeFqRG.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Appreciated, even though based on the gif there obviously wasn't much text in this chapter.

Sparkle!! Cross-Dressing Boys Cram School 2

Bra wearing training, pretty dull.

Vanilla Resort 1
tumblr_minp0q4xc41s51rqdo1_250.jpg

Good color, cover, and art. First chapter was intriguing though so odd to feature Mutsu, main character who works on adult h-manga at least in my opinion of manga of the genre. Akiharu who was his only assistant and care taker is pretty funny and instantly likeable. Scene with him and their old classmate giving every weird nicknames was funny. Ultimately, really excited to see where this goes as the ending moments of him discovering and at least helping Mutsu deal with himself getting excited over his own arts, should at least launch a relationship somewhere, hopefully.

Wiseblade

I was hoping it was going to be something like Panda just took the official SJ USA version changed like 2 things, stamped a water mark on it, and said it was there own.

I am intrigued.
I have mixed opinions on Trigger, although mostly negative.

EDIT:

OH. meh. I was hoping for something more... juicey. :)

Sounds like it's time for Ignis to drop another issue of (Not so) Secret Confessions of a Manga Scanlator.

scy

Horimiya 17 - Sota is such a bro. He knows his role!

Horimiya A.K.A. JUST FUCK ALREADY THE MANGA Ch. 17

Man. Sota is such a bro.

SUCH A BRO.

And yes, just fuck already ;__; Even side characters who'll never appear again* even drop hints about that!

*Totally will run into him the very next chapter.

Beautiful.

We still need a gif from last week's chapter, though.

Oh yeah, i have not read this since chapter 60. I need to catch up to it. The art is amazing and one of the best i have ever seen in a manga.

Absolutely. The art in Sun-ken Rock is amazing. I always try to include a panel or three in my summery, but with this manga it's really hard to pic one. Partly because of all the nudity in the recent chapters ...

wonzo

Banned
Assassination Classroom 32

Yeah, I wish they'd stop messing about and just start getting to Koro's backstory as I'm starting to get sick of the constant gags.

OPM 21.3

iU56LZVsriWgr.gif

:bow :bow murata

Kusagari

But it doesn't! I wish I could wait a month or two before I touch another chapter, but that's impossible.

I hate you, Murata.

The only thing I really hate is that I heard we're about 1-2 years away at a normal pace from when the top 10 start getting really involved. And with Murata slowing things down even further, it's going to be even longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom