• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Dark Air

Melrose can really fight.

just read it for the 1st time, pretty good manhwa
too bad it's ending on the 8th volume or so, apparently the mangaka wrote that in his blog that his editor wants it to end around there
one piece

How in the hell did Buggy bluff the WG into making him a shichibukai? His knowledge of people and bluff could take him so far, and he´s a comic relief character.

branniw/brannew/brandnew mentioned in the chapter that a shichibukai must be powerful and popular/notorious
buggy's got a ton of powerful followers now
one piece
my theory about the devil fruit system is that there's only 1 tree that produces the fruits (all the devil fruits, not just 1 particular fruit for 1 tree), and if a DF user dies the tree can grow that fruit again
why the fruits are scattered all over the world i haven't thought about it

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm not sure I get how a tournament arc would work, either.

I mean okay, look, okay. Let's go with what Stat said. Mango sets up a tourney with the fruit and rookies come in. Let's say Luffy DOES care about the fruit. Then he rushes into Mango's home and beats him up, and we're done. Why he gotta play by the rules?
There's bound to be more than just one person that can fuck Luffy up out there. Play by the rules or get fucked.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doflamingo lives in a god damn palace, the moment he gets word of luffy doing a solo invasion he can just eat the fruit himself and mindfuck luffy.

upandaway

I don't know, the SHs rushed a lot of bad situations and got out of it fine.

You're right about the holding the fruit hostage though, but I can't imagine Luffy sitting quietly even in that situation.. if he even understands the concept of holding someone hostage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sidooh v01

Fucking hell.

This manga starts off BRUTAL. Like, "2 kids whose parents died, killed someone, then sold as slaves and tortured" brutal.

Also this author really likes close ups on eyes. Noticed the same thing in Hito hitori futari.

vPyQeB2.png

FYC

Banned
Is Gravitation worth a read? Thinking of picking up a few volumes in the near future. They're dirt cheap on amazon. Though I should probably pick up something widely adored like Vagabond / Berserk first to help start my collection...

In the meantime, I'm dying to start Trigun Maximum, but I have to control myself and wait until I finish an exam tomorrow. Hrrrng

smurfx

get some go again
Looks like it but I think that's a dude.
And yeah, no way Luffy would eat Ace's fruit himself, he'll keep it as a keepsake or something.
luffy ends up keeping the DF and at the end of one piece some kid that admires luffy will end up eating the fruit by accident just like luffy did with his fruit. that or jimbei somehow ends up eating it and screws himself.

ant1532

Banned
Naruto

this flashback is sweet. kishi makes it hard to not like madara and im sure that will continue even further next week. excited to see hashirama and madara in there teens owning shit and then starting konoha.

Antiwhippy

Sidooh 26

Huh.

It's interesting how the manga is basically portraying the protagonists now as cold brainwashed killers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know, the SHs rushed a lot of bad situations and got out of it fine.

Only because the marines were fucking morons and made up some bullshit excuse not to execute Ace on the spot.

There's bound to be more than just one person that can fuck Luffy up out there. Play by the rules or get fucked.

Any body that can fuck up Luffy at this point in time won't care about a tournament.
Would have work before the time skip but now Luffy world renowned , not highest tier but strong enough to go after the strongest people in the OP world .
In the current chapter the marines look like they sending a admiral after Luffy and Law that how important \ strong they have become .
Still a tournament arc would be cool but the way how the OP world works the super powers don't give a fuck .

Only because the marines were fucking morons and made up some bullshit excuse not to execute Ace on the spot.

The SH were not at the War ??

Antiwhippy

Sidooh 60

Whao.

zoLcacA.png

This fucking guy.

It is getting interesting now though. The band of kid assassins are pretty much leaderless now.

bigkrev

Is Gravitation worth a read? Thinking of picking up a few volumes in the near future. They're dirt cheap on amazon. Though I should probably pick up something widely adored like Vagabond / Berserk first to help start my collection...

In the meantime, I'm dying to start Trigun Maximum, but I have to control myself and wait until I finish an exam tomorrow. Hrrrng

If you have interest in it and it's super cheap, grab the first book or 2. You really need to judge the artwork before investing in it- I personally think its amateurish and terrible, but there are people out there that think it fits the style of the story (super frenetic comedy).

It's a series where the anime is superior to the manga though.

Dresden

caramel kitsch flying column - 1~3

Mmm, lovely whimsical art. I think it falters in some of the more crowded pages though, something about the layout makes it hard to sift through.

It's like a really charming post-apocalypse and then there's like blood sucking Hamelin aliens and stuff. Will read more when... there's new chapters.

dumbyugi

My sister is a huge fan of Gravitation and she tells me that the manga is worth a read but the anime is much better.

FYC

Banned
If you have interest in it and it's super cheap, grab the first book or 2. You really need to judge the artwork before investing in it- I personally think its amateurish and terrible, but there are people out there that think it fits the style of the story (super frenetic comedy).

It's a series where the anime is superior to the manga though.

My sister is a huge fan of Gravitation and she tells me that the manga is worth a read but the anime is much better.

Thanks guys! I think I'll just check out the anime then.

wonzo

Banned
Sweet Alien 4.1

alien + booze = fun times

caramel kitsch flying column - 1~3

Mmm, lovely whimsical art. I think it falters in some of the more crowded pages though, something about the layout makes it hard to sift through.

It's like a really charming post-apocalypse and then there's like blood sucking Hamelin aliens and stuff. Will read more when... there's new chapters.
Yeah, the layout can get really messy and confusing at times but I kinda got use to it. Playing the waiting game for this really sucks though. :(

Sun-ken Rock, 36

Boss fights with different tiers. What a drag. But Cherry is definitely a nice change of pace.

TiYEA0C.png

(it's not a bra)

Fan service galore. I don't see how it could get "worse" after this, even with this Idol arc that was mentioned. Seeing how detailed some of the panels and body parts are, I'm wondering if they made the reference material themselves ... :D

The return of the monks was a nice surprise. I didn't think we'd see them again.

wonzo

Banned
Wow! That looks like really fun, cartoony art! How's the actual manga wonz?
It's a pretty charming story about a man and his alien wife with some fantastic art. Definitely worth checking out as long as you can deal with the wait inbetween chapter releases.

Kurita

Sangatsu No Lion 1-2
This is good so far even though nothing really happened.
Not sure I understand what happened between Rei and his parents though.
Love that the author translates what the pets are saying :lol The cats and the owl are so cute.

Antiwhippy

Sangatsu No Lion 1-2
This is good so far even though nothing really happened.
Not sure I understand what happened between Rei and his parents though.
Love that the author translates what the pets are saying :lol The cats and the owl are so cute.

I think that owl is a cat.

Antiwhippy

Yesterday wo Uttate 1-6

While I kinda like the style, it kinda feels like a love drama where absolutely nothing happened. Feels so aimless.

upandaway

Toriko

Coco is seriously badass in his fights, it's a bit of a shame his power is so.. indirect. Looking forward to this fight because his opponent is really good too.

It freaks me out that Zebra was paired with the Nitro in the color page. Is that seriously happening?

Tell me more about aku no hana. The setup sounds like a standard ero manga
I'm pretty sure it's my least favorite manga ever. Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom