• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go, a quick and dirty job

iex1IgiTTKNQ7.gif

Excellent, thank you very much!

I hope they do an anime. Like someone said before, Murata already did the storyboard.

Sono mama de 4

Funny beach moment since Tsuji couldnt take his shirt off since the bite marks from last chapter. Think he is falling for Aizawa in some ways so hopefully they end up with each other. Kid bus scene was kind of funny and touching.

One Piece

lol at both One Piece and Bleach acting like they dropped a megaton at the end of the chapter, neither were a big deal. It'd be pretty stupid for Luffy to give a shit, it's not like it was a sacred keepsake from their childhood and he can't eat it because he already has a DF power. If he didn't have one already, it would make more sense. There is only one single thing Oda can do with it that would be interesting and that would be setting up a scenario where the Marine situation gets out of hand and the revolutionaries get temporarily involved for whatever reason and Sabo is there. Sabo was basically Ace's other brother and doesn't have a DF that we know of. They could keep the interaction brief between Luffy and Sabo for plot reasons, they then promise to reconnect later and Luffy gives Sabo the fruit who takes it to honor Ace and vicariously allow him to get in on the action or even revenge against Akanu.

Otherwise, a good chapter. I too enjoy what Law brings to the table interacting with the crew and how methodical he is, an antithesis to Luffy's approach. Namely it's just interesting seeing how Law's plan comes together and also Kid's reaction to their alliance. I think I'm literally the only person on here that never liked Buggy, don't find it funny that he's duped strong guys into following him, and didn't want the scrub to become a Warlord event though it was inevitable. Oh well, the announcement is finally over and hopefully he doesn't have too big of a role later down the road though I suspect he'll be heavily involved in at least one arc. I do like how Dofla still feels in control and isn't sweating Law too much. Things should get interesting once he gets Ceaser back and doesn't feel he needs to hold pack anymore. Definitely looking forward to this next arc.

Bleach

This chapter was shit but maybe that's not fair because it's really just a setup chapter. I just didn't care for the dumb crap with his boss who I forgot even existed. I cracked up at how he set up the end to be a big reveal. We've known for weeks! Next he'll expect another mind blown when he makes Urya? whatever the name of the nerdy quincy from earlier in the series is, related to Ichigo as either a half brother or cousin. Yawn. Oh well, if Kubo at least reveals Isshin's past besides the crap with Ichigo's mother, that ties into his role in SS and Ichigo's powers, that would actually would be interesting. So here's hoping to learning some interesting stuff that isn't from captain obvious in the coming weeks.

Naruto

Mark me down for one of the seemingly few that enjoyed this chapter. Despite already knowing where this is ultimately heading, I guess I'm just interested in seeing how everything went down between two beasts and I like Hashirama and how mature he is. Also, straight up made me chuckle when Hashi trolled Madara with that comment about drowning, with that face it was perfect. As long as this isn't dragged out much longer, I'm down for this flashback. The next chapter will need to speed things up and skip ahead a bit to get things going. I want to get back to the fight as adults which has been pretty bad ass so far.

Fairy Tail

The Laxus fight is the one thing that interests me out of all the happenings so at least the next chapter should entertain.

HSDK

Good ole HSDK with the massive amounts of fan service, never ceases to amaze me. I actually pretty tired of the Miu fight and hope she takes Atlanta down quickly with what is essentially a new power up. Wrap it up next chapter and get to the Kenichi fight so we can wrap this arc up.

Gradivus

Jojo Part 3: Chapters: 32-65

Wow, while its still just "What stand is going to come after us next?" plot, its getting much better than how the first 20 or so chapters started off as.

XL or regular?

I kinda torn between a white XL or a pink regular.

It's the original

That's what the 3DS XL looks like, as a whole the XL has a more round design

Edit: The choice between XL and original comes down to how you plan to use your 3DS. If you want to have it in your pocket for on the go play get the original for actually fitting in your pocket. If you mostly play hand held games at your own home or keep it in a bag or something where space isn't an issue get the XL for it's better screen and battery life.

Gradivus

Jojo Part 3: Chapters: 66-90

The Bast Mariah part is my favourite so far. Avdol and Joseph are by far my most liked characters in Part 3, that and all the gags worked wonders into trying to tracking that woman down.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's the original

That's what the 3DS XL looks like, as a whole the XL has a more round design

Edit: The choice between XL and original comes down to how you plan to use your 3DS. If you want to have it in your pocket for on the go play get the original for actually fitting in your pocket. If you mostly play hand held games at your own home or keep it in a bag or something where space isn't an issue get the XL for it's better screen and battery life.

Yeah, honestly, XL just seems like a better design to me, but I can't get it in pink. Which is kind of a stupid thing to get hung up on.

Akito

I'm also torn between the regular and the 3DS XL. The bigger screens are nice and all but the mobility really suffers and I don't like the build quality of the XL, seems substantial cheaper to me.

Korosenai

I'm also torn between the regular and the 3DS XL. The bigger screens are nice and all but the mobility really suffers and I don't like the build quality of the XL, seems substantial cheaper to me.

XL all the way. Once you own both of them, or use them both for an extended amount of time, you'll understand.

Akito

XL all the way. Once you own both of them, or use them both for an extended amount of time, you'll understand.
That might be but right now I'd rather get the regular 3DS, it's also much cheaper. I also never understood the appeal of the DSi XL, the low res DS screens just look bad after getting so blown up.
I wish I could still wait for a new iteration but FE will be my downfall :(

Tizoc

Finally got around to catching up on JoJoLion, and holy shit @ Ch. 17!
This is becoming one of my fav. JoJo series, the Stand Encounters are interesting for the most part and the mystery elemnt of the stories are well done IMO.

Really looking forward to seeing
Joshuu and JoKira teaming up to solve this encounter, and I really like to see what Joshuu's Stand look and does.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is this your first FE game or are you a series fan? Either way you're going to be blown away Awakening is awesome.

I have played all the GBA games (including the fan-translated FE5) and the DS (including FE12 since it has been fully fan-translated), and Radiant Dawn a bit. I missed on the GameCube one :\

nice table

It's a bed, actually, hahaha. I always play my 3DS while laying on my bed facing down.

I should have preordered. Now have to wait to be restocked.

I made that kind of mistake with Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and now the only venue available is to buy them through PlayAsia, which was way more expensive than my normal venues (but I have to do it -___-)

Made sure myself not to make the same mistake with Fire Emblem :)

Beelzebub

lol Kanzaki not being fodder? Talk about an upgrade. Now Oga is pwning Nasu. I wonder if Aoi will get a contract as well or since she has a partner she will use Koma.

Edit: I've only let one person die in Fire Emblem so far, it was that Magician guy you get with the 2nd healer. My MC is the better mage anyways. :p

bigkrev

I actively hated playing the original 3DS, and thought that maybe the press was right and that there was no place in the world for dedicated handhelds.

I think the 3DS XL is my favorite portable ever.

The Dpad and buttons on the original 3DS are terrible, and the device cramps the hands like crazy. Its no fun to play. XL is what the system should have been in the first place.

Korosenai

One Piece

When Oda did the sbs for volume 68, and talked about the
third sake cup meaning Sabo could still be alive, what chapter does that image come from?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sidooh v09

It is pretty interesting how this manga uses the sonno joi as a reference point in history, because I've never heard of it before.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

When Oda did the sbs for volume 68, and talked about the
third sake cup meaning Sabo could still be alive, what chapter does that image come from?

Chapter 668, the finale to "From the Decks of the World".
It's in Volume 68.

Gradivus

Jojo Part 3: Chapters: Finish

It ended up pretty good, though that gaming part was a bit of a drag.

Part 2 is my favourite of the series so far, but I wished LisaLisa and Caesar got some more screen time similar to the amount the characters in Part 3 got.

Oh well, only to part 4 soon I guess.

Jintor

This stupid awesome manga app can't detect, of all series, Horimiya. God damnit. Developer dropped support last December, too.

upandaway

Medaka Box 184

HmrJIc2.png

IF IIHIKO'S DAMAGE WAS REVERSED

WHERE'S AJIMU

Over the course of this manga, it introduced about 5 trillion ways to nullify this entire situation. Let's go through this for a sec

1. Kumagawa can make planets disappear on a whim
2. Ajimu can blow up stars millions of light years away on a whim
3. Medaka can use All Fiction (see 1)
4. Fukurou Jr can rotate the entire earth out of control
5. Medaka can use the earth rotating ability (see 4)
6. Zenkichi can negate this "could only exist in a manga" (or rather, game, haha) situation with Devil Style
7. Nienami can use (or pass to someone else) "therefore" and easily get out of this predicament
8. The nurse can revive Fukurou by rewinding his body, and have him negate his testament
9. Fukurou can use all other styles (see 4, 7, 8)
10. Shiranui can probably create a fitting ability using a fitting someone + Real Eater

Tell me if I'm missing any.

Should we start betting on which of these happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom