• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

8gxjTmf.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's about an apartment named gentenrou.

Though the only similarity is a mind-blowing twist.

I just want more people to read getenrou damnit.

I've also nevered played 999.

Antiwhippy

Well you need to get on that sir! Also is Getenrou finished or ongoing?

I'm getting a 3DS this year, so I'll probably be getting that along with virtue's last rewards. I wanted one mainly for fire emblem though.

Getenrou is only 1 volume. 9 chapters. Be sure to read to the last chapter.

aohige

Neo Member
Again
Well that's good to know. I didn't even know it was scanlated, seeing how little I see of it around.
Is Sprite scanlated as well? The time-traveling building with horror elements.
It's an excellent sci-fi series I don't see anyone reading as well.

As for Aku no Hana... well, I never liked the guy's work either.
I read all of Hyoryuu Netcafe, his previous work, and it was terrible, but still much better than Devil Ecstacy... which was god awful. I mean pukingly terrible.
Aku no Hana, I couldn't stand to read past the first volume, so I can't say I have a fair judgement of it.

flawfuls

Well that's good to know. I didn't even know it was scanlated, seeing how little I see of it around.
Is Sprite scanlated as well? The time-traveling building with horror elements.
It's an excellent sci-fi series I don't see anyone reading as well.

Yup.

Onepunch-Man 25 (japanese site count) Raw

Murata stop showing off. JUST STOP.

Godlike art all color pages. Just the last page there is some text lol.

Getenrou

The twist ending lost impact on me because of how scattershot the plot was. I'm not sure what I was supposed to get out of this series other then people get horny for robot girls and artificial life forms.

Antiwhippy

As much as I like his crazy spreads, goddamn it really brings the plot/story down to an agonising crawl.

Getenrou

The twist ending lost impact on me because of how scattershot the plot was. I'm not sure what I was supposed to get out of this series other then people get horny for robot girls and artificial life forms.

I actually liked how the twist ending really tied the random chapters perfectly.

I think the it wasn't really about the message as much as an exercise in tying seemingly random stories into a coherent plot.

Antiwhippy

I guess I really need to play 999 then.

I went into getenrou thinking it was just a gag manga like soredemo by the same author, and by the end I was going "Whao whao whao".

Soredemo is fantastic too. Though I actually like the anime more.

Akito

Onepunch-Man 25 (japanese site count) Raw

Murata stop showing off. JUST STOP.

Godlike art all color pages. Just the last page there is some text lol.
Awesome, he drew the color page like yesterday or something, that's what's good about being a web manga.
Jesus, all those reflections on the robot.

Jintor

were you just recommending it to us because of twists whippy?

Cromartie Vol 05

"Hokuto's usual answer to any given situation is to lie"

Antiwhippy

Assassination Classroom 32

Looks like we'll be learning sensei's origins pretty soon.

were you just recommending it to us because of twists whippy?

Yeah, pretty much. Seemed like something people who enjoyed 999 would like.

I guess I really need to play 999 then.

I went into getenrou thinking it was just a gag manga like soredemo by the same author, and by the end I was going "Whao whao whao".

Soredemo is fantastic too. Though I actually like the anime more.

Yeah if I had thought it was a gag manga at first I'd probably would have been thrown off more too. Honestly the thing that bothers me is that the series is named after the building yet very little of the plot takes place in said building and the main twist could have happened anywhere

Haikyu 24-33

I'm really liking how this match is playing out. It's nice to see them focus on more than just Hinata and him trying to score at first so when it went back to him trying to score it wasn't annoying. The chapter with "The Brain" reveal was pretty great. Cheesy, but great. I wanted more between him and Tsukishima trying to out predict each other.

Antiwhippy

Man, you gots to play 999 dawg

I'll get it when I get a 3DS.

Kaichou wa No Maid Sama 62

Decided to pick this up from where I left off, which is basically at the confession.

Seems like they're going the route of ouran high of extending a pretty fun love story by adding overly complicated drama.

Sun-ken Rock, 37

How do you defeat twin hooker assassins? By dominating them and being a boss. But to be honest, it's really getting a bit boring, because the formula is always the same. Introduction, getting the ass kicked, some speech about how and why he does this, beating/convincing the enemy. And this 4-5 times in a row. Bleh.

Bonus:

I7jR8wb.png

Akito

17-sai°C 1
Delinquent girl who secretly wants to join the music club because she wants to live her highschool life to the full before getting married after graduation. Not really the most innovative setting ever but it could go places, we already got this after one chapter

iiEts19EPdOUh.gif

That's obviously not her fiancé.

Slow Starter ex

The extra was really good, kiyo and ino should just move in together, loved the make out scene.

Btooom v1 (4 - 6)

Guess I'll keep buying the volumes, quite good manga and feels a but better than the anime. My two other favorite characters having a brief appearance hyped me up for v2. The chronological timeline included was helpful, what happened in the ten hours Ryouta was knocked out.

Antiwhippy

Kaichou wa maid-sama 66

This manga still has industry leading blushlines.

k5klV4U.png

I'm kinda eh with the whole transfer school plotline though.

Antiwhippy

Blushlines is pretty much why I loved this manga.

I should go back and read it and keep up with it.

Kaichou was maid-sama 79

I'm caught up and it just goes... really dumb in the end? It suffers from that ouran high ending syndrome, and while I actually kinda liked the ending arc of ouran high, it seems like this is going for that same drama but pulling it off really poorly. Rich heir with poor girl bullshit.

At least Misaki is still an incredible tsundere.

Beelzebub 194

Oh man glad to see kanzaki turning into a badass.

Lain

Godeath volume 1
Vbm.jpg

This was as sexy as I expected, though more violent than I actually expected (didn't expect so much blood from the beginning).
Story follows Maria, a homunculi with the blood of Count Saint Germain. She's an assassin for the Masonry and ends up betraying the masonry by fleeing and taking with her a Vatican homunculi that was left half dead.

So far there isn't much characterization for Maria, she's supposed to be kind of a doll being a homunculus, though she's different from the others because of her vampire blood and that is what had her act with more of a will than the other expected. Still, a few scenes from her past have been shown in a couple of occasions, each time happening when a young girl said she didn't want to die, making Maria remember when she was a young girl saying the same thing and acting to try and save said girl (and that's what ends up making her a betrayer for the Masonry).

The character art is pretty good and the poses used for the girls as sexy as can be, which is just par for the course with Shiozaki.

upandaway

Beelzebub

Such is the fate of every Beelzebub enemy, but damn if that wasn't incredibly fun to watch. Finally Kanzaki is up to speed! Everything involving him is now 10 times better because he isn't actually really weak.

The whole "lifelong loyalty" was hilarious also

IHaveIce

Banned
it's about kids who want to do something

but they can't

because they're kids

so they eat shit

I'm only at the 6th chapter right now, but I better hope for you guys they start to eat shit soon :(

Right now it's just boring, like this PunPun thing you all talked about :(

Kusagari

Beelzebub 194

Seeing Kanzaki kick so much ass is beautiful.

OPM 25

Oh man. This chapter was ridiculous, but it's painful knowing it's going to take us 50 years at the rate Murata's going to reach some of the stuff I've read about from the original.

Sun-ken Rock, 38-41

yLTqOxP.jpg

The execution of the previous fights was kind of boring, but this end fight really made up for it. It got all kinds of amazing and awesome moments and art. It's really good and enjoyable. Not to mention the art. It's great seeing how Ken couldn't do crap with his morals and he seems dead beat, enough that even his own crew under Tae-Soo doesn't trust him enough to finish it. And yet he stands up again. Very shonen-y, but for some reason I don't mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom