• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Medaka Box 184

HmrJIc2.png

IF IIHIKO'S DAMAGE WAS REVERSED

WHERE'S AJIMU

Over the course of this manga, it introduced about 5 trillion ways to nullify this entire situation. Let's go through this for a sec

1. Kumagawa can make planets disappear on a whim
2. Ajimu can blow up stars millions of light years away on a whim
3. Medaka can use All Fiction (see 1)
4. Fukurou Jr can rotate the entire earth out of control
5. Medaka can use the earth rotating ability (see 4)
6. Zenkichi can negate this "could only exist in a manga" (or rather, game, haha) situation with Devil Style
7. Nienami can use (or pass to someone else) "therefore" and easily get out of this predicament
8. The nurse can revive Fukurou by rewinding his body, and have him negate his testament
9. Fukurou can use all other styles (see 4, 7, 8)
10. Shiranui can probably create a fitting ability using a fitting someone + Real Eater

Tell me if I'm missing any.

Should we start betting on which of these happened?

To be fair, rotating the earth won't actually do anything to prevent a collision of the moon.

But then again, are we expecting medaka box to be consistent now?

Fairy Tail

DAMN GO LAXUS and all of FT. I just hope there isn't some BS with Sting winning the whole match somehow. Still nice power trick by Mashima on the 2nd origin. So all this time they have been holding back lol. The outrage this will have on everyone lol.

HSDK

Man I love this manga. I want to read it from the beginning all over again! Miu won of course with a healthy dose of fanservice mixed in. Kenichi is too much of a good guy lol. Can't wait for next week.

upandaway

Koisuru Edison ch1

This manga has reaction faces.

If you like reaction faces, they have this manga. I mean, it has them. The reactions or the faces or both. It's pretty silly.

Medaka Box
To be fair, rotating the earth won't actually do anything to prevent a collision of the moon.

But then again, are we expecting medaka box to be consistent now?
It's directly connected, in some physics sense, to the moon. I'm sure with some tweaking and crazy Medaka Box logic, it could be used to solve the problem!

Mael

Fairy Tail....
When I comment, I either have
free time
chapter is really good
chapter is really bad.

Well congrats FT you managed to make me post my impressions :
OMG It's undogly BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

It's like a parody at this point, it can't possibly be THAT bad!
How does Mashima manage to make Bleach and Naruto look so good?
I mean at this point even when Bleach was really bad it was never THIS bad
I don't even give a shit anymore since we all know that FT can't ever lose anyway.

Kreed

Medaka Box 184:

I wish more people read this just so we could see more reactions to chapters like this one (too bad the beginning chapters turn so many people away). And that abrupt ending definitely should be awarded with something. It wasn't nearly as WTF as that one Toriko chapter, but still great for it's own reasons.

Haikyu 33-43

Tournament already? I have mixed feelings about this, I don't want them to win the tourney so soon but at the same time I don't want them to lose to Daetekyou or Aobajousai(both of those names are probably completely off. The team that scared Asahi into quitting and the team they beat in their first practice match). It was nice to see them beat a team handedly in the first round. I'm really liking this series.

I dare say the first ~40 chapters of this is better than the first part of Eyeshield 21...

Mael

Ok I apologize, I just read Medaka Box's last chapter....
If there's something worse than that this weak I'll need a surgery to remove the memory of everything I've read this week...

Haikyu 33-43

Tournament already? I have mixed feelings about this, I don't want them to win the tourney so soon but at the same time I don't want them to lose to Daetekyou or Aobajousai(both of those names are probably completely off. The team that scared Asahi into quitting and the team they beat in their first practice match). It was nice to see them beat a team handedly in the first round. I'm really liking this series.

I dare say the first ~40 chapters of this is better than the first part of Eyeshield 21...

You dont want the most senior members to have a taste of what it feels to win a tourney, though the next tourney is only a few months away, Id want them to win both, but I guess that breaks the rules of the sports genre.

Akito

Medaka Box
:|

I've heard that MB might be ending next week but not even that would fully explain this. I will be forever mad if Nisio won't bring back Ajimu although everyone else survived.

Fairy Tail
Even though I did expect Laxus to win because it's fucking FT but when it really happens, it's just sad. It even looked like Erza and Gray/Juvia would win their matches at the same time so I guess it was not as bad as it could get :lol

You dont want the most senior members to have a taste of what it feels to win a tourney, though the next tourney is only a few months away, Id want them to win both, but I guess that breaks the rules of the sports genre.

It's more to do with that. If they obtain success too quickly there's less motivation and less to look forward to. I'd hate to see them get to Nationals and then lose, but who knows how it will go. I'm guessing they will get revenge for Asahi and make it to the match against Aobajousai and maybe lose to them.

Kurita

Haikyu!! characters lack diversity imo. A lot of them suffer from the same face/different haircut syndrome (aka Captain Tsubasa syndrome).
That was one of the things I loved about Eyeshield 21, every character had a unique design.

But that's the only issue, I really love this series.

Westlo

They seriously doing a dbz x one piece x toriko special? lol if the manga audience no sells this current push.

Medaka Box
:|

I've heard that MB might be ending next week but not even that would fully explain this. I will be forever mad if Nisio won't bring back Ajimu although everyone else survived.

Medaka Box is getting a color page next issue, quite a lot of Jump series get a color page for their final chapter, "recentish" examples being Magico, Reborn!, Bakuman, Eyeshield 21 and Neuro.

There's real no reason for Medaka Box to be getting a color page for any other reason, for what? Having two bomba tv seasons? For the bomba anime not increasing sales of the manga? For being a bottom ranked manga for the last 6 months?

That's why most people think this is a ending color, pity it didn't make it to 200 chapters though.

Haikyu!! characters lack diversity imo. A lot of them suffer from the same face/different haircut syndrome (aka Captain Tsubasa syndrome).
That was one of the things I loved about Eyeshield 21, every character had a unique design.

But that's the only issue, I really love this series.

I'd agree with the faces. I have a hard time telling the guys with short black hair apart. But I think their personalities are all plenty different. The chapter after the Nekoma(This school name is probably wrong too, I have a hard with the different school names) match was a great example of the different personalities on the team.

Kurita

I'd agree with the faces. I have a hard time telling the guys with short black hair apart. But I think their personalities are all plenty different. The chapter after the Nekoma(This school name is probably wrong too, I have a hard with the different school names) match was a great example of the different personalities on the team.
Oh yeah, personality-wise everybody is really different so that's a plus.
Though the art seems to be slowly improving, now you can see a line between the hair and the foreheads!

upandaway

Medaka Box is getting a color page next issue, quite a lot of Jump series get a color page for their final chapter, "recentish" examples being Magico, Reborn!, Bakuman, Eyeshield 21 and Neuro.

There's real no reason for Medaka Box to be getting a color page for any other reason, for what? Having two bomba tv seasons? For the bomba anime not increasing sales of the manga? For being a bottom ranked manga for the last 6 months?

That's why most people think this is a ending color, pity it didn't make it to 200 chapters though.
If it ends right now then that means Nisio ended it himself and it wasn't canceled. That's pretty funny.

Could also be that he's doing just trolling. I.e. it will have color and say "END" but the next issue will just innocently have the next chapter like nothing happened. Or it'll be a Part 2 or something, sike :lol

Westlo

If it ends right now then that means Nisio ended it himself and it wasn't canceled. That's pretty funny.

Could also be that he's doing just trolling. I.e. it will have color and say "END" but the next issue will just innocently have the next chapter like nothing happened. Or it'll be a Part 2 or something, sike :lol

Nah it wouldn't be a cancellation but he clearly was given a tap on the shoulder to finish up soon a while back. Hopefully Hunter X Hunter replaces it, that would be godlike.

Kusagari

Medaka Box has been running on fumes since the Not Equal arc ended anyway. Iihiko and Nienami sort of saved this last arc, but I think its time is near.

Oh yeah, personality-wise everybody is really different so that's a plus.
Though the art seems to be slowly improving, now you can see a line between the hair and the foreheads!

It's definitely gotten better. It took me a while to realize that the Sawamura and Daichi were the same character. He'd be called by a different name by different people and he seemed to look just a tiny bit different each time to make me think there were two different characters on the team that looked identical. But this is less to do with the art and more to do with me being dumb...

upandaway

Nah it wouldn't be a cancellation but he clearly was given a tap on the shoulder to finish up soon a while back. Hopefully Hunter X Hunter replaces it, that would be godlike.
It's possible I missed something and I'm wrong (correct me if I am), but there's still 1 room left in the ToC ever since HxH ended, since aside from HxH they only added in as many series as they canceled. HxH could literally just be added in and no one will have to end for it.

Wouldnt Jump be teasing and hyping up the return of HxH if it were returning?
Yeah about 3 weeks to a month before it returning, usually. Solid rumors sometime start a bit before that. I wanna say that volume releases are also a sign of it returning but uh, we all know how that went most recently.

Akito

Nisekoi
iQVB68DHm2WbR.jpg

How scary~

I was sure that there was no curse and the old woman was just messing around with them. Ah well, it was kinda funny.

upandaway

Nisekoi

Raku gets haunted by unpopular dudes because he's popular
The only way to cure him is to perform on him acts that only popular people enjoy

brilliant

MCD

Pretty much all of Erza's "armors" are garbage, they are either ludicrously revealing or convoluted, sometimes even both.

I kinda liked the Japanese one even though it was revealing and the "LOL NO ARMOR I AM NOW FASTER".

Qvoth

fairy fail
jesus this is basically derp the manga
can't believe this shit is being sold on a weekly basis
hopefully i can force myself from reading more of this stupidity
nah i'll be back for more lucy tits

Fairy Tail 321
tumblr_mizlyd96vl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow since the Tenrou Island arc, and then the battle against Raventail, and now, this battle, and using one of Natsu's best lines, Mashima is really making me become a Laxus fan. Really epic fight and even showed that Fairy Tail characters are even at or stronger than those of the wizard saints. I bet they could even take on the top four easily. Might have to start including Laxus in my favorites with Gray, Natsu, Gajeel, Romeo.

Erza overcoming the Territorial Magicks via just battle prowess then Second Origin (new armour?) was good. I dont understand how people dislike it. They really want fairy tail to lose or something at such a pivotal climax of the arc?

Mael

Fairy Tail 321
tumblr_mizlyd96vl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow since the Tenrou Island arc, and then the battle against Raventail, and now, this battle, and using one of Natsu's best lines, Mashima is really making me become a Laxus fan. Really epic fight and even showed that Fairy Tail characters are even at or stronger than those of the wizard saints. I bet they could even take on the top four easily. Might have to start including Laxus in my favorites with Gray, Natsu, Gajeel, Max.

Erza overcoming the Territorial Magicks via just battle prowess then Second Origin (new armour?) was good. I dont understand how people dislike it. They really want fairy tail to lose or something at such a pivotal climax of the arc?

One thing I'll give you is that you're an optimist.
Huh who's Max in Fairy Tail again?

This whole chapter was ridiculous, having Laxus win is NOT far fetched but seriously he won because...he won and that's all there's to it.
Mashima didn't even try to fetch an asspull this time, he just won and we don't even know why.
Second Origin is the asspull cake that make the Sharingan tank feels like Victor Hugo!
Seriously it reads like she got pissed off of being toyed around so she uses her trump card.
That would be ok if it didn't come from nowhere at all.
I mean at this point Second Origin is something he could have (and did) pull before at any time.
"Oh someone is fighting a foe he has no chance of winning? Second Origin and here comes a can of asswupping".
Seriously it's even worse than Seiya's most far fetched victories in Saint Seiya!

MCD

Laxus deserves to win because he was always getting the shitty treatment thanks to Natsu and co ruining everything.

And because I LIKE HIM OKAY.

The others can go fuck themselves.

Laxus deserves to win because he was always getting the shitty treatment thanks to Natsu and co ruining everything.

And because I LIKE HIM OKAY.

The others can go fuck themselves.

But the way he won is really dumb. I really liked Laxus but he got Natsufied and lost his edge. He´s now Natsu 2.0.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Why do you guys even read Fairy Fail?
Here's a spoiler for you - FT beat everyone through the power of friendship. Tits. The end.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
King of Lightning is the only reviewer I watch. The guy's hilarious, and shares a lot of my views.

Why do you guys even read Fairy Fail?
Here's a spoiler for you - FT beat everyone through the power of friendship. Tits. The end.

It's kinda sad that this cracked me up but it's just too damn true. I don't think I've ever experienced action entertainment that was less suspenseful. You're seriously thinking who gives a shit when a main FT member is getting beat down because you know for a FACT that they will come out with an ass pull that makes them win every.freakin. time. The worst part about it is that they are not power ups that have their progressions or develop in any way that makes sense. It's just random bullshit that literally comes from nowhere. Lame.

Sounds like there is too much fan service between Kenichi and FT to risk at work (what a shock). It works out that I only got around to reading the last chapter for each yesterday so I get my Miu conclusion quick now :D That fight just wasn't interesting and seemed it was for the sole purpose of fan service. Well, if she learns to activate this positive souped up mode than that would be progression and have a purpose, I have to see how this week's chapter goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom