• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangagaf, It's my birthday!
hNxY60O.png

Happy olderday dude. I'm gonna get you a
2D
hooker to celebrate.

Medaka Box 184

Dawn of the Final Day

1 Chapter Remaining
?

Nisekoi 64

I-don't-really-care-but-I'm-still-kind-of-pissed-off

Aaaaaaah I was trying to be comedy-guy man! Why does this never work.

TWGOK

The whole Urara expedition made me already forget where this is going after they calm Urara down (which looks to be next chapter). I think it involved something about a school trip and the runaway spirits escape...? Oh well.

VNs have normal story arcs too sometimes, so it's okay.

I apologize. I have a hard time telling when people are serious or not.

TWGOK 221
An interesting predicament. I'm glad to be getting more backstory on Urara and her family. And then stuff. Anxious to see where this leads.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - Endymion no Kiseki 01

The tie-in for the movie. Wasn't bad, looks like both the Railgun and Index characters will be featured so that's cool. That new girl is already part of Touma's harem after crashing and falling onto him.

aohige

Neo Member
World Trigger chapter 4

Much better than the first 3 crappy chapters.

Aliens! Action! Brutal decapitation! our hero in danger! School in panic!

NO BULLIES TO BEAT UP!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
World Trigger chapter 4

Much better than the first 3 crappy chapters.

Aliens! Action! Brutal decapitation! our hero in danger! School in panic!

NO BULLIES TO BEAT UP!

Something actually happens? About time.

Atredeus

Neo Member
So I know we all went over this on Wednesday, but I got bored at work and got stuck on TVTropes and realized a couple things:

Bleach
So this last chapter Ichigo leaves his badge at his forgettable bosses' house. She obviously notices it. But didn't Ukitake say way back when he first got it that humans can't see it? So obviously some sort of foreshadowing that I don't care about, but didn't realize existed at first.

Naruto
Forgot about the whole Sage of the 6 Paths sons story: One believed in love, the other believed in strength. Now everyone thought the Senju evolved out of the love path, and the Uchiha out of the strength. But as of a couple chapters ago, turns out the Uchiha are such evil bastards that they're powered by love (somehow). So just a bit of a reversal in what people thought the story meant.

Also, it seems like Sasuke is being set up to defeat Madara and put the Uchiha on the rightful path of love or something.

Breaker New Waves
Old dude really should have stayed dead. Would have made it more impactful. And the dude withstood a bomb, apparently. Either way, something was going to stop the rampage sooner or later, but seems Shiwoon picked up a couple things during this. And obviously displayed what he was capable of.

Fanservieced Disciple
Is that fight over yet?... Okay, cool. I've never seen more opportunistic clothing destruction.

Fairy Tail
Well Laxus won. The fight was good, until it ended in a sorta one-shot. Which seems pretty retarded given their respective strengths. And I really wish the strength of friendship would lose just once.

Where's my God of Highschool, damnit?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach
So this last chapter Ichigo leaves his badge at his forgettable bosses' house. She obviously notices it. But didn't Ukitake say way back when he first got it that humans can't see it? So obviously some sort of foreshadowing that I don't care about, but didn't realize existed at first.

Whoa hey, how about that. I wonder why she'd see it, but not Isshin. HMMM!!!

This is assuming Kubo actually remembers that normal people can't see it. Though with all the focus he put on that badge in the Fullbringer arc, he probably does.

maybe

Yonafunu

HAPPY B-DAY PIXELKING!!

Now, has anybody here read Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan?
It's Furudate Haruichi's (Haikyuu!) older work, but it got cancelled pretty early on. I thought it was great, very cool concept and execution. I really really like the art as well. Too bad it didn't last.
:(

Eusis

This is assuming Kubo actually remembers that normal people can't see it. Though with all the focus he put on that badge in the Fullbringer arc, he probably does.

maybe
Given Ichigo was essentially a normal human then he probably forgot. Though I guess it's also possible it's the first thing anyone with any potential for spiritual awareness would see?

upandaway

I believe in World Trigger. It will not die prematurely.
Whoa! Hold up, mister!! You're getting a bit emotional there!

There's no need to get so invested, okay? Say it now with me. "There are lots cushions!!", "Summer-Fall cancellations are usually few!", "Immune during Golden Future Cup!", "US support!", "US curse?", "DTL likes it..", "Shounen fighter...", "A lot of competition...", "Low.. editorial ToC placement..."

...oh..

oh.

I believe in World Trigger. It will not die prematurely.

It is easily the best new manga since Shokugeki no Soma and Haikyuu!!, World Trigger is definitely big three material with its fresh fast paced start. Impossible for it to end this year.

Unlike all the awesome Haikyuu!! doujins and fanarts, I dont think they will be able to save Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san.

Why do you guys even read Fairy Fail?
Here's a spoiler for you - FT beat everyone through the power of friendship. Tits. The end.

A pretty acurate analogy.

You have to admit, while the whole "Power of Friendship" thing is overdone horrendusly in that manga, Hiro does a good job of creating suspense for what's in store for the characters. I may know how the characters will triumph half the time, but I don't know where the overall plot is headed because of all the crap Hiro's throwing at us.
Dragons are going to attack, princess seems to be lying about her plan to defeat them, Lucy meets her time-travelling future self, Levy has this depressing narration about people actually DYING for once in this manga, and the GMG is supposed to have an "unbelievable" outcome.
So I feel compelled to find out what happens next before this arc is over.

I honestly think Hiro is just rushing (which isn't a good thing) to get to the big climax of the Grand Magic Games. He's probably leaving the fights to be elaborated more on in the anime. The next chapter is going to be a 36 page one about the big epic climax after the tournament, so of course everyone's other than Fairy Tail is going to be roflstomped through feelings.

Psycho-Pass - Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane 2
tumblr_mj0cm3VcbK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

So good seeing Kagari again, such a great personality and all those questions drilling Akane. I dont remember seeing her parents in the anime, so I guess that was something new and I think the conversation about her origin story seemed to take place in a different area (not with her friends? but with the inspectors?), and had some scenes given to it. Otherwise good chapter, and Kogami looks great manga form.

Happy Birthday to the ones who have a bday today. Read more manga to celebrate. :p

I'm happy to say that my Bleach collection is catching up to the release schedule. By the end of 2013 I will have caught up hopefully.

Kuroko no Basket 203

More flashbacks!

We should get a good one since I have enjoyed the small bits from the generations of miracles that have been shown so far.

TWGOK 221

So the Urara arc (Can it even be called an Arc?) is really ending next chapter.

At least it wasn't dragged on.

The Breaker New Waves 108

He better be dead next chapter

Mangagaf, It's my birthday!

0119.gif

Happy Birthday to the ones who have a bday today. Read more manga to celebrate. :p

I'm happy to say that my Bleach collection is catching up to the release schedule. By the end of 2013 I will have caught up hopefully.

Last year I finally got caught up in bleach, fairytail, and naruto, and BLue Exorcist...I guess I should work on getting my Toriko collection caught up, and find some new series to buy since Bakuman is ending in a few months :/ One piece collection is becoming hard to resist, I guess I could start owning it too, then again magi is coming and that seems like a better investment.

In my read though of Toriko I'm close to the end of the Regal Mammoth arc, where do you guys say the series really begins to hit it's stride cause while I'm enjoying it more it's still not doing much when compared to other shonen fight manga I've read.

aohige

Neo Member
In my read though of Toriko I'm close to the end of the Regal Mammoth arc, where do you guys say the series really begins to hit it's stride cause while I'm enjoying it more it's still not doing much when compared to other shonen fight manga I've read.

The final fights inside Regal Mammoth is pretty neat, but I think it hit a climax at Toriko vs Tommyrod in the arctic arc. It was like a throwback to violent fights of Hokuto no Ken era, and it was delicious.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

The BB Corn arc gives Toriko a set goal and keeps the manga moving forward.
Ice Hell/Century Soup arc is ultra-violent and so very awesome. Keep going with Toriko, it gets better.

Century Soup is when Toriko hit a stride, but then fell down for a bit for quite a long period of time.

Reknoc

As soon as he punches out a giant-ass crocodile.

The final fights inside Regal Mammoth is pretty neat, but I think it hit a climax at Toriko vs Tommyrod in the arctic arc. It was like a throwback to violent fights of Hokuto no Ken era, and it was delicious.

The BB Corn arc gives Toriko a set goal and keeps the manga moving forward.
Ice Hell/Century Soup arc is ultra-violent and so very awesome. Keep going with Toriko, it gets better.

Hmmm, guess I should have read a little farther. I gave up right after the mammoth arc, I give up on series pretty easily though.

Yume Yume Shinjuu 3
tumblr_mj0mfe95q91qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well with this childhood friend Ryosuke may end being on the losing side, which is unfortunate as he was the one I wanted with Yuzura, not Takumi. Though Yuzura seems to want to be with Takumi so much for some reason, hope his memory comes back.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
A little late this week.

One Piece 700
Did anyone else catch Doflamingos nickname when they mentioned him at the marine meeting? "Sky Demon" Makes you wonder how he got that name.

Magi 175
Mu better full Djin equip and start putting the fear into everyone in that war. I really want to see what a full Djin equip can do in a war especially his. I am siding with Reim on this one especially the finalis, loved it when the guy with the hole in his jaw choked-holed one of the magicians.

Toriko 224
Damn this is really making my blood boil, Coco vs Grinparch *or how ever you spell it* is really awesome match up. When Sani opened his eyes to the dung beetle monster made me laugh way too much. The color spread with Zebra and the Nitro seems to be like the fight I want to see, full powered Nitro vs Zebra should be too awesome.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

maybe

This is likely all happening in Ichigo's head.

Other than that, if Ichigo's not a soul reaper anymore, his substitute badge would be worthless.

decided to check out the Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 demo and i just didn't give a flying fuck.

Skippped all the cutscenes and the trailer afterwards did NOTHING. The only thing that got a good reaction from me was Naruto in Goku's uniform as a costume (complete with him doing his rasengan kamehameha style).

decided to check out the Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 demo and i just didn't give a flying fuck.

Skippped all the cutscenes and the trailer afterwards did NOTHING. The only thing that got a good reaction from me was Naruto in Goku's uniform as a costume (complete with him doing his rasengan kamehameha style).

I'll probably end up getting it out of the bargin bin eventually. That or my friend will get it and I'll just borrow it from him.

Mangaka-san to Assistant 137

f3NtZvv.jpg

This chapter was profound and thought provoking.

Also Screaming Lessons vol 8 extra is out! And I have to leave in like 2 minutes. Goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom