• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

One Piece 701:

Got this from the AP forums, aohige specifically

iBPSS6aQCNa0k.jpg

We have a winner I think.

This was the first time I've gotten a One Piece real world actor reference immediately upon seeing it (thanks Boondocks).

One Piece

We got Zatoichi in this? Nice, plus i say he's the admiral they were talking about also.

And i like how the teams are on the money in regards to members and thier roles LOL

Now suddenly Zoro has his work cut out for him with all these fucking swordsmen popping up now (Law, Samurai dude, maybe other samurai dude, Zatoichi)

upandaway

One Piece

It's a bit creepy how everyone are so confident he's the admiral. Is there something I'm missing here? It's not like it's not likely, but you guys are eerily vocal about it when I'm not seeing any sure signs..

Also Dressrosa is great so far. For some reason I thought it was gonna be one huge area, but to see it's a country with towns and hotspots is pretty exciting.

Lirlond

One Piece

It's a bit creepy how everyone are so confident he's the admiral. Is there something I'm missing here? It's not like it's not likely, but you guys are eerily vocal about it when I'm not seeing any sure signs..

Also Dressrosa is great so far. For some reason I thought it was gonna be one huge area, but to see it's a country with towns and hotspots is pretty exciting.

He's an old dude drawn eerily similar to a Japanese celebrity. Just like the other three admirals.

upandaway

He's an old dude drawn eerily similar to a Japanese celebrity. Just like the other three admirals.
Are the admirals the only OP characters designed after Japanese celebrities? I never paid attention to that kinda thing.. oh well. I wouldn't know about Japanese celebrities anyway!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

This subportion of this flashback within a flashback is taking a really long time. The entire chapter wasn't even necessary since its mostly the same moaning and groaning from the last chapter.

Lain

Devils and Realist vol 3
8pm.jpeg

Are you reading this DTL (it's scanlated up to chapter 35)? It's full of bishonen, there is some (light) yaoi undertones and it's kinda funny. Every time I read a new volume, I think that you might like it.

Volume 3 wasn't bad at all, even if I wish William would change a bit more. The exchanges with the demons can be really funny to watch, but if it keeps up in the same exact direction, it runs the risk of becoming boring too.
The revelation about who Kevin really is had me a bit shocked. Given what's shown to us usually, I wouldn't have thought he was someone that important in reality.
With the demons looking to be made substitute ruler becoming 3, I wonder if there'll be a change in William's actions.

Naruto
Hashirama is the Ted Mosby of this manga.

Bleach

And now we know why Ichigo looks like Kaien.

And I like how Isshin is so far the only person to directly comment on how huge Rangiku's tits are.

Lirlond

Are the admirals the only OP characters designed after Japanese celebrities? I never paid attention to that kinda thing.. oh well. I wouldn't know about Japanese celebrities anyway!

I think one or two have had passing resemblances, like Ivankov to Frankfurter, but the admirals are almost portraits. Just look at the image of Zaitochi posted above and compare it to the old dude.

Korosenai

Admiral's usually have logia powers, and I don't think the gravity fruit would be a logia power. Also, this dude is blind and couldn't even tell that those guys were ripping him off, unless he was just doing it on purpose and waiting for someone to come over and tell him the truth.

Gradivus

Admiral's usually have logia powers, and I don't think the gravity fruit would be a logia power. Also, this dude is blind and couldn't even tell that those guys were ripping him off, unless he was just doing it on purpose and waiting for someone to come over and tell him the truth.

Garp was going to get promoted to admiral from what I remember but he didn't want to take up that role. So those three just have logia type powers by chance.

I wouldn't know about all characters (Franky and Eneru/Enel for example), but the admirals are based off some celebrities.

If he can control gravity that would imply he could dick about rigging the game, like how luffy says hes really lucky.

Kreed

One Piece 701:

I'm sure you could find a discussion a while back when Akainu and Kizaru's characters were revealed, but that's the common trait between the three.

That said, the "Gravity Samurai", doesn't really fit with the theme that Akainu, Kizaru, and Aokiji had, and the name of the Admiral aohige provided context to last week doesn't fit with the Gravity powers either. But we'll see next week.

Devils and Realist vol 3
http://i.picpar.com/8pm.jpeg[/ig]

Are you reading this DTL (it's scanlated up to chapter 35)? It's full of bishonen, there is some (light) yaoi undertones and it's kinda funny. Every time I read a new volume, I think that you might like it.

Volume 3 wasn't bad at all, even if I wish William would change a bit more. The exchanges with the demons can be really funny to watch, but if it keeps up in the same exact direction, it runs the risk of becoming boring too.
The revelation about who Kevin really is had me a bit shocked. Given what's shown to us usually, I wouldn't have thought he was someone that important in reality.
With the demons looking to be made substitute ruler becoming 3, I wonder if there'll be a change in William's actions.[/QUOTE]

I will now, and its supposed to get an anime too, guess Ill check that out whenever it starts up too.

One Piece 701:

I'm sure you could find a discussion a while back when Akainu and Kizaru's characters were revealed, but that's the common trait between the three.

That said, the "Gravity Samurai", doesn't really fit with the theme that Akainu, Kizaru, and Aokiji had, and the name of the Admiral aohige provided context to last week doesn't fit with the Gravity powers either. But we'll see next week.

Well Zatoichi could be another samurai of Wano with an element type sword style (like how the current one deals with fire stuff) but at that point i think the current samurai would possibly recognize Zatoichi (he knew about Ryuuma at least).

But as said we'll see

Gradivus

One Piece 701:

Aohige thrown in the idea that it could be based off this Japanese folklore called "Nue".

It is described as having the head of a monkey, the body of a raccoon dog, the legs of a tiger, and a snake as a tail.

as quoting him off AP "I mean, there are abbriviated Nue with Monky - Tiger - Snake as well, but 4 animals is the more popular one. "

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Now I remember all the theories about Ichigo being related to the Shibas from waaaaaay earlier, good on Kubo for tying it all back in. I wonder if Aizen ended up creating Ichigo after all....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Now I remember all the theories about Ichigo being related to the Shibas from waaaaaay earlier, good on Kubo for tying it all back in. I wonder if Aizen ended up creating Ichigo after all....

Oh man, that would be worthy of Nisio. Do it Kubo, do it.

Stinky

I inititally didnt think the Zatoichi guy was Fujitora but Im convinced now. He looks like a japanese actor, talks about justice and has a powerful devil fruit. I thought he might be a bit weird to be a marine, but hey, we have some weird marines

He could be a Wanokuni samurai as well.. so maybe its a red herring.

These were really funny:
ZCvlo9P.png

lXOYKzy.png

Naruto

I liked it. Kind of reminds me of old Naruto chapters.

For new page

Why do you hate me :p

Well it was more in regards to Aizen's trolling being legit as fuck and the aftermath if he shows up again but if it also gets under the fans skin then i'm cool with seeing that unfold :p

Oh man, that would be worthy of Nisio. Do it Kubo, do it.

And thats why i don't think he will do it.

But he apparently made Novel Kenpachi canon so....yea LOL

The only thing that could get me to pick up with be for Aizen to show up with a pen and say "Who said Kubo was drawing this manga?"

I thought it was already agreed that Aizen was Kubo :trollface

Kusagari

Naruto

Boring drawn-out chapter.

Bleach

I was also going to say this was boring outside of finally getting confirmation Isshin's a Shiba, but then AIZEN!

One Piece

Dressrosa is sufficiently crazy. I definitely think the badass blind guys an Admiral.

Naruto 623

Well at least they're speeding (somewhat) things up a bit. Tobirama wielding that sword was pretty cool.

Bleach 529

Flashback is starting off nice. Isshin's antics with Hitsugaya (picking him up like a toddler) and Matsumoto (shiny) were funny and knowing he's a Shiba was a nice revelation. I'm going to assume since Isshin is a branch member of Shiba's, that makes Ichigo and his sisters at least cousins with Kaien, Kukaku, and Ganju.

We even got an appearance from Aizen to end the chapter well.

One Piece 701

Please Oda confirm that in the next chapter the awesome, blind guy has the gravity powers. That's the one power I wanted to see more than any other in OP.

And since Robin is going with Law, I'm going to hope she actually gets to do something useful since forever.

Erigu

bleach spoilers

Same panel as the ending panel of last chapter (Masaki kneeling over Isshin and saying that she is a quincy).

Isshin is surprised and exclaims "A quincy?!".

Masaki is crying for some reason and says "Yes, that's correct."

Scene changes to Urahara and co in Hueco Mundo. He is making Sado and Orihime do some weird training.

Some pissed off guy with pants that looks like grimmjow is yelling off-screen that their training is useless.

Urahara smiles and challenges the off screen guy to a bet that the training isn't useless.

Scene changes to royal guard palace. Renji is asking about Ichigo. Oetsu says not to worry about him and that he should instead worry about the next phase of the training and that they are just getting started.

End.
More fake spoilers from you. I'm shocked.

Naruto 623

Reminds me of Part 1. Tobirama is turning out to be a scumbag brother. Definitely the worst Hokage.

Bleach 529

Now we get more back story on Isshin. Does this make Ichigo and Ganju cousins? Aizen! The troll character has returned for a flashback.

One Piece 701

Good chapter overall. Mr. Zatoichi sure has a detailed face. I'm looking forward to where this is going.

Naruto 623

Well at least they're speeding (somewhat) things up a bit. Tobirama wielding that sword was pretty cool.

Bleach 529

Flashback is starting off nice. Isshin's antics with Hitsugaya (picking him up like a toddler) and Matsumoto (shiny) were funny and knowing he's a Shiba was a nice revelation. I'm going to assume since Isshin is a branch member of Shiba's, that makes Ichigo and his sisters at least cousins with Kaien, Kukaku, and Ganju.

We even got an appearance from Aizen to end the chapter well.

One Piece 701

Please Oda confirm that in the next chapter the awesome, blind guy has the gravity powers. That's the one power I wanted to see more than any other in OP.

And since Robin is going with Law, I'm going to hope she actually gets to do something useful since forever.

That was confirmed some chapters ago when Kukkaku talked about her uncle getting angry that she sent Ichigo to the King´s realm.

Korosenai

One Piece

I wonder why the blind guy pulls out his sword first before creating the hole? If it's just a gravity devil fruit, what's the point of the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom