• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto 623

Well at least they're speeding (somewhat) things up a bit. Tobirama wielding that sword was pretty cool.

Bleach 529

Flashback is starting off nice. Isshin's antics with Hitsugaya (picking him up like a toddler) and Matsumoto (shiny) were funny and knowing he's a Shiba was a nice revelation. I'm going to assume since Isshin is a branch member of Shiba's, that makes Ichigo and his sisters at least cousins with Kaien, Kukaku, and Ganju.

We even got an appearance from Aizen to end the chapter well.

One Piece 701

Please Oda confirm that in the next chapter the awesome, blind guy has the gravity powers. That's the one power I wanted to see more than any other in OP.

And since Robin is going with Law, I'm going to hope she actually gets to do something useful since forever.
I dont know how you can call Tobirama scumbag, they are in he middle of a war for godsake, it is the right thing to do

Bleach

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Oh wait, Aizen.

10/10

One Piece

Oh my, this island looks interesting. I agree with what most people said about the blind guy, he's probably ze admiral.

Naruto

Real is about to get shit.

I dont know how you can call Tobirama scumbag, they are in he middle of a war for godsake, it is the right thing to do
Never called him a scumbag

Or did you mistake my post with SenorArdilla?

That was confirmed some chapters ago when Kukkaku talked about her uncle getting angry that she sent Ichigo to the King´s realm.

Great!

Now we just need Uruyu/his dad/and Bach to be officially confirmed as part of the family as well.

Stinky

Tobirama's main fault, like Danzo, is he actually acts like a ninja in a shonen manga.

Kishi should introduce a 'new' character that is such a good ninja, that he was there at the start, with Naruto and the other genin rookies THE WHOLE TIME but he was, like, hidden n shit.

His Favorite v1 + People Pleaser
tumblr_mj93s4dnA11qbxqfpo1_500.png

So glad the writer didnt only stop the story at one chapter but got it into a full series that seems to have been, looking at viz/sublime schedule, going on for more than four volumes. Funny looking Yoshida is so hilarious when flustered and is really drawn well and uniquely. Really do like him a lot and his inner troubles and turmoils over being teased by arguably the coolest person in school Sato. The girls are pretty awful in treating Yoshida since Sato is all around though looks so odd how they constantly fall to the ground and are stepped on by both of them. Lots of funny moments and memorable even though they are taking it real slow, only like minor pecks. People Pleaser was a good one shot surrounding a dare to a haunted area with a nice confessional moment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just find this Naruto flashback boring. Pretty much nothing of interest has been revealed other than Madara and Hashirama were friends, which was revealed three chapters ago.

The only thing that's actually kind of interesting is Kishimoto actually bothering to address the issue of child-soldiers. The problem of course, is that all of the villages still have fucking child-soldiers, so he'd need a pretty good explanation for this to go anywhere.

Stinky

I just find this Naruto flashback boring. Pretty much nothing of interest has been revealed other than Madara and Hashirama were friends, which was revealed three chapters ago.

The only thing that's actually kind of interesting is Kishimoto actually bothering to address the issue of child-soldiers. The problem of course, is that all of the villages still have fucking child-soldiers, so he'd need a pretty good explanation for this to go anywhere.

I think flashbacks are great for revealing backstory and avoiding unnecessary exposition, but it doesnt have to just be that.

Of course the flashback has to be relevant to the present story but it can be its own, contained thing and still be good.

This one is pretty much just Romeo and Juliet with ninjas though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'm not counting on it. Honestly this chapter could easily have been half the length it was and not have lost any punch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not counting on it. Honestly this chapter could easily have been half the length it was and not have lost any punch.

It wasn't a very good transition to a break week either (there's no Naruto next week, i.e. Wednesday-GAF cancelled)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It wasn't a very good transition to a break week either (there's no Naruto next week, i.e. Wednesday-GAF cancelled)

I think this is what disappoints me about Naruto the most. The setting and characters and plot all have so much potential and yet it's so routinely squandered.

Stinky

Braille keyboard I guess, or it shits out spirit particles he can then sense.

I think Tousen can actually see by being the spirit particle version of Daredevil or something. He has been shown to point out stuff or do things a blind person wouldnt be able to .

Kind of a copout, I like the idea of an actually blind character who is still badass.

One of the best fights in Bleach was when Tousen fought Kenpachi and used bankai to blind him also. And Kenpachi just grabs his sword. Cool beans

yotsuba - camping

Wow, the last few chapters are amazing. Especially that 45-page-r. Yotsuba at its best.

I think so too, that last chapter felt like a mini Studio Ghibli movie. I think Yotsuba might be one of my top favourite manga.

Angry Grimace

ibiAYqm4mltpvM.gif

And it's ManGAF.

ManGAF sounds like GAF for Men. The play on words doesn't work.

Literally anyone on GAF would know what "MangaGAF" or "AnimeGAF" is, but I would be willing to bet virtually everyone outside this thread would think "ManGAF" is just GAF for Men.

Wiseblade

One Piece 701 (Holy crap, the act of typing out "701" really makes you realise how long this thing has been running)

Luffy & Co in beardy disguises is hilarious. The living toys are interesting, but I don't think it'll have anything to do with Wapol. Kind of disappointed that all the powerhouses are in one group, kind of makes it seem like they'll be the only ones to do any fighting. Nami and Robin still haven't properly shown the fruits of their labour. Hopefully they'll still see some action regardless.

ManGAF sounds like GAF for Men. The play on words doesn't work.

Literally anyone on GAF would know what "MangaGAF" or "AnimeGAF" is, but I would be willing to bet virtually everyone outside this thread would think "ManGAF" is just GAF for Men.

Ask me if I care what "everyone outside this thread" thinks.

Angry Grimace

Not as bad as Kingdom Hearts though

I tried to play KH until I realized I hate Disney crap.

One Piece 701 (Holy crap, the act of typing out "701" really makes you realise how long this thing has been running)

Luffy & Co in beardy disguises is hilarious. The living toys are interesting, but I don't think it'll have anything to do with Wapol. Kind of disappointed that all the powerhouses are in one group, kind of makes it seem like they'll be the only ones to do any fighting. Nami and Robin still haven't properly shown the fruits of their labour. Hopefully they'll still see some action regardless.

Ask me if I care what "everyone outside this thread" thinks.

I don't see what the point is if the meaning is obscured. It also just sounds silly.

Angry Grimace

Bleach will instantly get way better when Aizen comes back. It's going to happen. We never even saw his bankai. Screw these Ghost Nazi lamers.

Naruto 623
tumblr_mj96zcpaO21ru3vawo2_500.jpg

I guess the break next week is to allow for the fight to be drawn epicish and stuff? Anyway, the retrospective they offered and fast pacing through developing their bond, rivalry, and relationship was really the highlight. Some reason it reminded me of one of those classic stories where the people from two competing factions are involved yet these two are trying to resolve their differences in their own way and become friends and then something happens that causes them to nearly split apart but they go against their own factions desires and end up together bringing peace and joy. Hopefully this gets a peaceful end but future time suggest clan relations stay pretty rigid and stiff. Rock code was really fantastic.

Stinky

Barragan got under Aizen´s hypnosis even though he does not even have eyes :D

Ah, Aizen-sama, I can't believe my eyes! But, I don't have eyes!

YOHOHOHO

But Ichigo is not related to everyone. He´s not Naruto or Luffy for that matter.

Eh, theyre all pretty fine. Luffy, Naruto and Ichigo are only related to a handful of people.

I'm fairly sure that at one point Oda intended to reveal Roger as a relation to Luffy, but he changed his mind. Glad that didnt happen.

Look at Ace, he was definitely supposed to be a blood relation when he was introduced (appetite, narcolepsy, very similar personality).

EDIT: Oh, but I forgot, I really dont like that Bach might be related to Ichigo. I want some more context on his "son" comment in the next confrontation.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
This whole "Ichigo is related to everyone" thing is actually pretty embarrassingly bad writing.
Right now, he's loosely related to the Shiba's. (This is something that's been hinted at since Rukia first met Ichigo for shit's sake.) He has a Qunicy mom. By what definition does that relate him to "everyone"? It's not like they're saying he's Ishida's bro and that Orihime acted as his surrogate mother etc.

Come on man. Don't be Big One.

Ah, Aizen-sama, I can't believe my eyes! But, I don't have eyes!

YOHOHOHO

Eh, theyre all pretty fine. Luffy, Naruto and Ichigo are only related to a handful of people.

I'm fairly sure that at one point Oda intended to reveal Roger as a relation to Luffy, but he changed his mind. Glad that didnt happen.

Look at Ace, he was definitely supposed to be a blood relation when he was introduced (appetite, narcolepsy, very similar personality).

Monkey D. Luffy. Gol D. Roger. Are you telling me that there´s no blood relations there? How do you know that Oda won´t reveal the info sooner or later? How do you know that he changed his mind?.

Angry Grimace

But Ichigo is not related to everyone. He´s not Naruto or Luffy for that matter.

I meant more in terms of, him being hollow, shinigami, fullbringer, quincy, shiba, kurosaki, etc. etc. ad nauseum

I like it. Sounds a lot better than "MangaGAF" at any rate. That "-gagaf" part just reads terribly.

Not if you capitalize like a Real Man™

Stinky

^ Okay that is the coolest full sleeve I have ever seen.

Monkey D. Luffy. Gol D. Roger. Are you telling me that there´s no blood relations there? How do you know that Oda won´t reveal the info sooner or later? How do you know that he changed his mind?.

So Luffy is related to the giant from Robin's flashback, Jaguar D Saul? Roger is definitely not related to him.

D definitely is passed on (Monkey D Garp -> Monkey D Dragon -> Monkey D Luffy, as well as Rouge/Roger/Ace) but theyre not all some big family.

I think he changed his mind because he made Ace not a blood relation and then the son of the pirate king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom