• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Monkey D. Luffy. Gol D. Roger. Are you telling me that there´s no blood relations there? How do you know that Oda won´t reveal the info sooner or later? How do you know that he changed his mind?.

There's no way Luffy and Roger are blood relations. Especially after such a big deal was made of Ace. Think about it for like two seconds.

But these are well explained. Kuroski is the name of his mother. Shiba is his father´s name.

There's no "well" in that explanation.

Mr. Fix

I think he changed his mind because he made Ace not a blood relation and then the son of the pirate king.

Impossible to tell at this point and probably ever. Ace did have a different last name.

As for Dragon and Roger being related, who knows? If they are, I doubt it's because of the D., but that's just me.

Monkey D. Luffy. Gol D. Roger. Are you telling me that there´s no blood relations there? How do you know that Oda won´t reveal the info sooner or later? How do you know that he changed his mind?.

While it is entirely possible that Luffy may be shown to be related to Roger at some point your reason here is absolute garbage.

Unless everyone from the will of D line is related.

Never called him a scumbag

Or did you mistake my post with SenorArdilla?

Great!

Now we just need Uruyu/his dad/and Bach to be officially confirmed as part of the family as well.

Yeah sorry quoted the wrong person.

But seriously I fail to see how a guy taken the initiative in a war situation can be consider as a scumbag, if anything Hashirama is being stupidly unninja like in a war.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Double post, sorry

PS I'll film myself drinking my own piss if Roger is revealed to be a close relation to Luffy.

I accept your challenge and have bookmarked this post for reference.

But these are well explained. Kuroski is the name of his mother. Shiba is his father´s name.

It has nothing to do with explanation. It's ridiculous in and of itself. I'll lob the same criticism at Naruto if Naruto whips out the sharingan in the next chapter.

Moosichu

While it is entirely possible that Luffy may be shown to be related to Roger at some point your reason here is absolute garbage.

The thing is, 'D' does seem to be passed on from parent to child. Also, how come so far we've only seen one female 'D'. You'd expect biologically the ratio to be 50:50 :p .

Double post, sorry

PS I'll film myself drinking my own piss if Roger is revealed to be a close relation to Luffy.

I can see your tag if this happens.

Stinky
Bad Breath

Even the username matches!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I always figured the D was more like a title than anything else, one that's been passed down over the generations. All the D's will probably wind up being related to a group of guys (sort of like the Knights of the Round Table) whose job it was to defend the world during the Dark Century.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah sorry quoted the wrong person.

But seriously I fail to see how a guy taken the initiative in a war situation can be consider as a scumbag, if anything Hashirama is being stupidly unninja like in a war.

The term "ninja" is pretty much a misnomer. They're basically mercenary clans.

"close" means that Oda would need to pull some serious retconning.

I don't know anything about One Piece. I just know that guy offered to drink his own pee on camera.

upandaway

Eh, theyre all pretty fine. Luffy, Naruto and Ichigo are only related to a handful of people.

I'm fairly sure that at one point Oda intended to reveal Roger as a relation to Luffy, but he changed his mind. Glad that didnt happen.

Look at Ace, he was definitely supposed to be a blood relation when he was introduced (appetite, narcolepsy, very similar personality).
Eh.. eh. I'm not sure I can get that.

I mean he obviously left the whole thing open for the blood related brothers + roger route, if he did somehow decide to go with that down the line, there's no denying that. But to say it was his original intent is a bit... powerful. Think about Ace's last name or Dragon helping Luffy out in Loguetown.

IHaveIce

Banned
Roger is absolutely Luffy's son.

And the 'D' stuff is most likely that people with the D have ancestors in the destroyed nation from the forgotten century.

Wiseblade

I don't know anything about One Piece. I just know that guy offered to drink his own pee on camera.

Don't get your hopes up unless you can explain how someone can have a close relation to one person, but be completely unrelated to their son.

Not counting OT7, you are exactly 4002 posts ahead of Wiseblade in terms of total posts.

iboi6ybrZPB1dY.gif

Stinky

I can see your tag if this happens.

Stinky
Bad Breath

Even the username matches!

Haha.

Eh.. eh. I'm not sure I can get that.

I mean he obviously left the whole thing open for the blood related brothers + roger route, if he did somehow decide to go with that down the line, there's no denying that. But to say it was his original intent is a bit... powerful. Think about Ace's last name or Dragon helping Luffy out in Loguetown.

Yeah, I guess youre right.

There's no way Luffy and Roger are blood relations. Especially after such a big deal was made of Ace. Think about it for like two seconds.

There's no "well" in that explanation.
You don´t even read Bleach so you wold not know.
It has nothing to do with explanation. It's ridiculous in and of itself. I'll lob the same criticism at Naruto if Naruto whips out the sharingan in the next chapter.

No it´s not because it´s all connected. When a humna dies he either becomes hollow, go to SS, or hell. When Ichigo regained his shinigami powers he gained hollow powers as well because of Urahara´s plan against Aizen. His father is a shinigami, so naturally g´he is a part shinigami. His mother is a quincy so he got quincy powers. Fullbring powers are derived from hollows. These are the powers of the Bleach universe. It´s like saying that Goku having Saiyan powers, or Naruto having Kyuubi powers are bad writing.

Angry Grimace

Now this I can get behind. Time Travel in One Piece? Luffy doing the nasty in the past-y? I'm all in.

As I said, I don't know shit about OP but isn't Luffy's dad that Dragon guy

No it´s not because it´s all connected. When a humna dies he either becomes hollow, go to SS, or hell. When Ichigo regained his shinigami powers he gained hollow powers as well because of Urahara´s plan against Aizen. His father is a shinigami, so naturally g´he is a part shinigami. His mother is a quincy so he got quincy powers. Fullbring powers are derived from hollows. These are the powers of the Bleach universe. It´s like saying that Goku having Saiyan powers, or Naruto having Kyuubi powers are bad writing.

My point was that whether you can explain it or not isn't important; its dumb in and of itself that Ichigo has the powers of everything. This post is just arguing that its okay because its explainable. That last sentence is a total false equivalence, for the record. Naruto doesn't have the Sharingan, the Rinnegan, the Byakugan, the Kyuubi and Mokuton.

FYC

Banned
J74If5g.png

I actually enjoyed Bleach and Naruto this week. More Aizen and Gin is always a good thing.

Still have to make the jump from OP anime to manga(or just rush through the anime), though. I'm still only at the end of Drum Island...

Wiseblade

I read enough to know that Ichigo's mother being a Quincy comes totally out of left field. Didn't she die to a hollow? How does that work if she actually had magic powers? And it's more the equivalwent oof Naruto having the Sharingan, or Goku having Namekian regeneration.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
its dumb in and of itself that Ichigo has the powers of everything.

Why?

I mean "it's bad" and "it's bad writing" according to your decrees, but what is the actual problem? Why can't a character progress in his series by learning different fighting styles? Adopting the techniques of an enemy to get stronger, by whatever plot contrivance, is just not okay by definition or what?

I read enough to know that Ichigo's mother being a Quincy comes totally out of left field. Didn't she die to a hollow? How does that work if she actually had magic powers? And it's more the equivalwent oof Naruto having the Sharingan, or Goku having Namekian regeneration.

People have been theorizing that she was a Quincy for years. There are enough hints, it's hardly out of nowhere.

IHaveIce

Banned
Now this I can get behind. Time Travel in One Piece? Luffy doing the nasty in the past-y? I'm all in.

Yep, everyone is wondering "Did Roger have a DF?" and yes it turns out he has the timetravel fruit. He travelled back in time to be the pirate king before his father.

Isn't it perfect?

But Vegapunk had the TimeTravel Fruit at first, I mean how could he be so much better than any scientist and years ahead huuh?

Seriously,
No timetravel ever.

Nowhere Boy 25
Yep, awesome world-saving plan coming any day now. If new girl's amazing strategy is to ask someone who never seems to open his mouth for tutoring then humanity might as well throw in the towel. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but seriously, 3 weeks left, flying cats and dogs, chop chop.

Tower of God 2: 54

Team FUG newcomers look suitably dastardly. The workshop battle will be glorious.

Centaur's Worries 27

Harem+1. Or something.

The term "ninja" is pretty much a misnomer. They're basically mercenary clans.

The moral of my story was that it was silly to be calling Tobirama is scumbag for doing what he did given the situation they are in.

Stinky

I played Plants Vs Zombies yesterday, and they removed the moonwalking thriller Michael Jackson zombie :mad:

I was livid!

Could I BE anymore tangential?

Bossun

My point was that whether you can explain it or not isn't important; its dumb in and of itself that Ichigo has the powers of everything. This post is just arguing that its okay because its explainable. That last sentence is a total false equivalence, for the record. Naruto doesn't have the Sharingan, the Rinnegan, the Byakugan, the Kyuubi and Mokuton.

Which would be useless, as in Naruto, you only need the sharingan, the "weakest of the eyes" to have power over time, reality, past, present, future, past perfect, god, monsters and the whole universe.

Bleach 529
tumblr_mj99srrZnc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Incredible chapter. Toshiro always gets the more funny flashback sequences (outside of Diamond Dust Rebellion), like his watermelon eating in that previous one, and now this issue with eating Isshin's sweets and being picked up by him like a kid.

Sure its glad to have Aizen-sama back not in the capacity I wanted.

As I said, I don't know shit about OP but isn't Luffy's dad that Dragon guy

Talk about false equivalence. Ichigo does not have each and every zampakto technique or hollow technique or fullbring technique. Second of all Obito and Madara have Sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mukton.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why?

I mean "it's bad" and "it's bad writing" according to your decrees, but what is the actual problem? Why can't a character progress in his series by learning different fighting styles? Adopting the techniques of an enemy to get stronger, by whatever plot contrivance, is just not okay by definition or what?

People have been theorizing that she was a Quincy for years. There are enough hints, it's hardly out of nowhere.

Learning other fighting styles is fine, I can't say I have a whole lot of problems with the Quincy thing since we've been calling it for years now. I can see why others would though since it seems like Ichigo has pretty much been born into being awesome enough to learn all that stuff. If it were me I'd just have him learn it the hard way and justify him being able to do it by being half human. (which would make sense in universe since as far as we know quincies aren't a race)

Also his mom being a Quincy (that was strong enough to save a captain from some bad shit) begs the question as to how she got killed by a hollow that beginner Ichigo was able to off. This is why I sort of don't like it, unless it gets explain well.

Wiseblade

Talk about false equivalence. Ichigo does not have each and every zampakto technique or hollow technique or fullbring technique. Second of all Obito has Sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mukton.

But Ichigo does have Soul Reaper, Quincy, Hollow and Fullbring powers. And one of them is way less justified than the others.

And everyone hates Obito.

And you still haven't explained how Ichigo's mother was killed by a hollow when she was apparently a Quincy of repute.

One Piece 701

Pretty dull start to this arc that was almost good simply for the sake of the powerful trio finally being on the same side again but then to see such awful choice of character designs in Dressrosa. I don't understand the need or appeal of having animated tolls and dolls be here instead of standard human designs. Additionally the choice of an old man for being a power user there is a bit on the baffling side of things. Surely among his repertoire of character designs Oda could have done better. One Piece is still continuing to show its lows its special touch, perhaps next arc will get us back on track.

Eusis

And you still haven't explained how Ichigo's mother was killed by a hollow when she was apparently a Quincy of repute.
Well, if she took a vow to not kill another Hollow or something it could make sense, but if she's able to down Hollows that give ISSHIN trouble then I'd assume she'd at least have good defense abilities to use in lieu of combat ones. Unless she burned out like Uryuu but never restored them.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If it were me I'd just have him learn it the hard way and justify him being able to do it by being half human. (which would make sense in universe since as far as we know quincies aren't a race)

Well the only Quincy power he "has" is Blut Vene, which probably needs some explanation itself, since we sure didn't see Uryuu ever use it. I think he will indeed still have to Work Hard in order to learn any further Quincy techniques, though.

That said, Ichigo was NEVER a "normal guy." People sometimes seem to dislike that it's turning out he was born into this and that, but from day one he was talkin to ghosts, and manifested a ridiculous Zanpakuto once he stole Rukia's powers. This was always a kid to whom there was more than meets the eye. We're just only now finally delving into why.

But Ichigo does have Soul Reaper, Quincy, Hollow and Fullbring powers. And one of them is way less justified than the others.

Well that's the thing. What does he gain from all of these styles? He hits dudes with a sword, and shoots blasts of energy. Oh and I guess being a Quincy makes his skin tough. For all of the "things" he is, he does NOTHING with them. One just replaces the last, when his last one stops working. Which is fine I guess, he's that kind of guy, but let's not pretend he's haxing the universe and using every technique ever. All he knows how to do is swing a sword.

Unless she burned out like Uryuu but never restored them.

I'm expecting something sorta like this. Or if not that, some sort of explanation. I really don't think we won't get some more insight into her death.

Moosichu

One Piece 701

Pretty dull start to this arc that was almost good simply for the sake of the powerful trio finally being on the same side again but then to see such awful choice of character designs in Dressrosa. I don't understand the need or appeal of having animated tolls and dolls be here instead of standard human designs. Additionally the choice of an old man for being a power user there is a bit on the baffling side of things. Surely among his repertoire of character designs Oda could have done better. One Piece is still continuing to show its lows its special touch, perhaps next arc will get us back on track.

? This chapter has probably been one of the most interesting in terms of character design, I think it's meant to be extremely surreal.

Wiseblade

Well, if she took a vow to not kill another Hollow or something it could make sense, but if she's able to down Hollows that give ISSHIN trouble then I'd assume she'd at least have good defense abilities to use in lieu of combat ones. Unless she burned out like Uryuu but never restored them.

We're not talking about some Espada here. The Grand Fisher was a slightly above average hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom