• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

How well is AssClass doing? I thought Nisekoi was Shueisha's new hotness.

Assassination Classroom outranked One Piece multiple times and already shipped around 1 million units IIRC.
EDIT : it SOLD around 1 million if not more since I'm looking at sales from January.

Gradivus

Assassination Classroom outranked One Piece multiple times and already shipped around 1 million units IIRC.

Well Vol 1 sold over 600,000 and Vol 2 over 500,000, shipping figures would be a couple of 100,000 over the actual sales.

Edit:

from Feb 11th to Feb 17th.
Total: 524,942 Vol.2
Total: 626,848 Vol.1

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

nice intro chapter. i wonder what df does the blind man have? gravity devil fruit?

Yeah I think so, also this is the first time I'm really annoyed by ruffy and the others wandering off.
They should stick to Law's plan and be serious about it.

I thought the 2 years changedthem somewhat, but sadly they are all exactly the same just with new attacks.

Maedhros

* read the discussion after my post about One Piece anime being QUALITY *

Holy shit... I can't read anything, most of the posts don't even show for me... these crazy Bleach fans...

So, how goes this week?

OP > Naruto >= Bleach as usual?

Stinky

Bleach

Great chapter. Glad to see confirmation of Ichigo's relation to the Shiba clan.

Gin, Tousen and Aizen though holy shit. Do you think Isshin comes down to their little hideout while theyre discussing mischievous plans? "what are you guys talking about?"

"NOTHING"
"NOTHING"
"NOTHING , YO"

One Piece

Really loved it. Momo's eyes when he tricks Nami haha. The disguises were godly. I wonder if Oda is just leaving the weak characters on the ship to sit out the next couple chapters..
Dressrosa is cool.

Gradivus

One Piece

I'm actually pretty happy with this chapter. All the powerhouse characters besides Law (not sure on Kinemon's strength yet) are in the same group, I'm guessing this group will run into the colosseum area mentioned in the previous chapter.

So hopefully that means that the other two groups get some spotlight when regarding to fights in this arc than the usual monster trio + Franky vs the big guys.

Akito

One Piece
This is a classic "first arrival on a new location"-chapter of OP, so much weird shit going on. With the monster trio + Franky and Kinemon in the destruction & rescue team, I was expecting that they will get into trouble soon enough but the old man is quite a surprise, goddamn at his powers, I have no idea what side he's on.
Oh is Caribou's story tied in with Dofla somehow?

Gradivus

One Piece
This is a classic "first arrival on a new location"-chapter of OP, so much weird shit going on. With the monster trio + Franky and Kinemon in the destruction & rescue team, I was expecting that they will get into trouble soon enough but the old man is quite a surprise, goddamn at his powers, I have no idea what side he's on.
Oh is Caribou's story tied in with Dofla somehow?

I'm thinking that or maybe upgrade weapons to the new Pacifista models :S

rouken

Yeah I think so, also this is the first time I'm really annoyed by ruffy and the others wandering off.
They should stick to Law's plan and be serious about it.

I thought the 2 years changedthem somewhat, but sadly they are all exactly the same just with new attacks.

they've changed. they became more confident about they're skills, but their attitude is still the same and im glad for that. i don't want them to be all about fighting and all emotional about the past. you know luffy's attitude, he's gonna do things his way and even if they get into trouble for it, you know he can always get the job done. plus, they did put an effort in their task by disguising and asking for info.

One Piece

I'm actually pretty happy with this chapter. All the powerhouse characters besides Law (not sure on Kinemon's strength yet) are in the same group, I'm guessing this group will run into the colosseum area mentioned in the previous chapter.

i'm just hoping robin gets to have a one on one with somebody given that doflamingo has several crew members. we all know the exchange won't go down as they expect it to be.

Deadly

Bleach
One thing about Bleach is that the flashbacks are at least always interesting somehow.

Naruto
Durrrr. Expected. Probably turn on their dads next.

One Piece
Living toys? Blind guy that creates huge holes? Interesting...

Kurita

One Piece

I'm already liking this arc, love the setting.
zsVu9xj.png

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
One Piece
Haha, Zatoichi based character automatically gives this chapter an A++++.

IHaveIce

Banned
they've changed. they became more confident about they're skills, but their attitude is still the same and im glad for that. i don't want them to be all about fighting and all emotional about the past. you know luffy's attitude, he's gonna do things his way and even if they get into trouble for it, you know he can always get the job done. plus, they did put an effort in their task by disguising and asking for info.

Yeah of course I know Luffys personality but I would like to have him more often being serious, he should constantly think about how it was to be totally dominated and losing his teammatesback on sabaody.

And the others? Usopp ist still a scaredycat eventhough he has some good skills right now.
Chopper is like even more scared than back then and he never uses his old forms :(

I don't know of course everyone is unique but there is no real character development.

The blind guy is interesting, watch it being a twist and he is Fujitora.

Oh and blind guy for new crew member!!!!

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

That guy is probably Fujitora.

Bleach

LORD AIZENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Naruto

At least this flashback isn't totally boring me.

Naruto

Expected but enjoyable chapter, looking forward to seeing what drove them apart.

Bleach

It was an okay chapter with some funny moments, and then Aizen appeared and made it an epic chapter!

One Piece

Groups are set and naturally Luffy's group has wandered off to cause problems. Island of living toys seems like the perfect place for Perona though I doubt we'll see her here. Surprised Law wanted Usopp in his group guess he didn't want anyone that would stand out which makes sense.

MCD

Yeah of course I know Luffys personality but I would like to have him more often being serious, he should constantly think about how it was to be totally dominated and losing his teammatesback on sabaody.

And the others? Usopp ist still a scaredycat eventhough he has some good skills right now.
Chopper is like even more scared than back then and he never uses his old forms :(

I don't know of course everyone is unique but there is no real character development.

Luffy is only dumb happy on the outside, I believe.

Some of us got scars deep down, bro!

Metal B

Character development of main characters should always happen on panel and not in a time skip. Right now no character was really challenged as a person (what you can see as a critic point) and some character traids are an important part of them self. Usopp is still not going blindly into battle. He can defend himself, but he is not looking for trouble. Luffy is still not serious, because he wants to have fun on his journey. Losing in Sabaody, only showed him that he needs to be stronger. And if Luffy would lose his attitude, the story would be much more boring. This is why Law got this part. It is great, that Oda doesn't bend his characters to progress the story and instead creates characters or hooks, which gets the crew going.

Naruto

The Sanju and Uchiha were always at war, and the children have always gotten involved. So it was then that they decided where to build Konoha.

Bleach

Aww damn. I knew it. Isshin Shiba. He seems much younger than now. And finally something that has been bothering me at the end of the FB arc was that Hitsugaya had nothing to do with Ichigo yet he showed up and helped him, unlike the rest of the shinigami who were close to Ichigo.

Of course Aizen samaaaaaaaa :D. It´s great that he is still looking for Shinji and co.

one piece

All these toys are moving because of Deflamingo´s power. The blind guy is another samurai.

Bleach
So far the flash seem okay .
Plus it;s good to see Aizen again .

One Piece
This chapter was great , will have to wait on MS before i say more .

Dear god Silver Spoon, why do you have to depress me so. Why can't we all succeed through the power of hard work and friendship? Why's it gotta be like this?

Jintor

Well, my point of comparison is Yotsuba, but I feel that wasn't quite right... Yotsuba is a lot more about the simple things (and has a better translation so it's a lot more on point about sacchirine normal life), where Ryushika is about her crazy imagination. Like when she imagines herself melting, or the giant monster eating the moon. That's rad as hell.

Wiseblade

Naruto

We Get it, Kishi. Naruto's lust for Uchiha sausage transcends the generations. Just hurry up and end this so we can all move on with our lives.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, my point of comparison is Yotsuba, but I feel that wasn't quite right... Yotsuba is a lot more about the simple things (and has a better translation so it's a lot more on point about sacchirine normal life), where Ryushika is about her crazy imagination. Like when she imagines herself melting, or the giant monster eating the moon. That's rad as hell.

Yeah, the surrealness is what makes me like it quite a bit.

On the topic of surreal mangas that are like yotsuba&, get onto hinamatsuri if you haven't already.

Naruto

Boring. I was hoping Madara would be like Dio in JJBA. A complete dick that ruins harashimas life on purpose.

Bleach
Isshin is a shiba? Holy shit we're about to get Aizen trolling next week

One Piece

Blind guy is definitely an admiral Fujitora

funny, i said the same thing 2 weeks ago and some people wanted to bite my head off.

You are wrong about Usoppe BTW. He did show a lot of courage and control in the Fishmen arc. He has already achieved his goal.

IHaveIce

Banned
funny, i said the same thing 2 weeks ago and some people wanted to bite my head off.

You are wrong about Usoppe BTW. He did show a lot of courage and control in the Fishmen arc. He already has achieved his goal.
I also thought this about him on Fishmen Island but at Punk Hazard he was back to his old self in my opinion. MAybe it just stood out because the people who he was with just don't care for anything and are never scared (luffy, zoro, robin)

Akito

One Piece

Got this from the AP forums, aohige specifically

He's [the blind guy] based on Katsu Shintaro, who played Zatoichi in over 20 films.
Zatoichi is a blind swordsman with a cane-katana and gambling habit.

iBPSS6aQCNa0k.jpg

We have a winner I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom