• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Well that's the thing. What does he gain from all of these styles? He hits dudes with a sword, and shoots blasts of energy. Oh and I guess being a Quincy makes his skin tough. For all of the "things" he is, he does NOTHING with them. One just replaces the last, when his last one stops working. Which is fine I guess, he's that kind of guy, but let's not pretend he's haxing the universe and using every technique ever. All he knows how to do is swing a sword.

That's probably the most offensive thing about him having all these powers. It just seems like he has them for the hell of it. If he actually used them in combination it would at least be cool.

But Ichigo does have Soul Reaper, Quincy, Hollow and Fullbring powers. And one of them is way less justified than the others.

And everyone hates Obito.

He was talking about techniques, like Byakugan, Sharingan etc.... Byakugan alone has multiple techniques so is every other type of jutus. It´s like saying that Ichigo can use Kyoka Suigetsu´s techniques and every other zampakto technique because he´s a shinigami, (same can be said about the rest of Ichigo´s sinde like hollow etc...), which is not the case. The only problem with Ichigo´s powers is that he does barely use them, or when he gets new power he neglects the previous like he did when he controlled his mask, he neglected Zangetsu´s powers.

Madara also has sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mukton.

We're not talking about some Espada here. The Grand Fisher was a slightly above average hollow.
Not entirely true. The Grand Fisher have eluded the shinigami for over 50 years, and killed many shinigami. He´s much more powerful than average hollow.

Yonafunu

I just hate the "MC is the strongest character EVUR OMG HES SO STRONG AND SUPER-SPECIAL HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE US"-shit. Which is basically what it's becoming with Bleach.
That's why I like Shaman King, for example (aside from the death-resurrection-furyoku-boost crap). Yoh is not special at all. He's not the strongest character, not even in his own team.

And you still haven't explained how Ichigo's mother was killed by a hollow when she was apparently a Quincy of repute.

Misaki could have lost her power before she died. She could have used Letzil Stil and lost her powers like Uryuu. Kubo said he will explain the reason of why/how Misaki died.

Mr. Fix

I just hate the "MC is the strongest character EVUR OMG HES SO STRONG AND SUPER-SPECIAL HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE US"-shit. Which is basically what it's becoming with Bleach.
That's why I like Shaman King, for example (aside from the death-resurrection-furyoku-boost crap). Yoh is not special at all. He's not the strongest character, not even in his own team.

MFGVDZ2.gif

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That's probably the most offensive thing about him having all these powers. It just seems like he has them for the hell of it. If he actually used them in combination it would at least be cool.

Yeah the powers are basically plot, not actual abilities. He's a shinigami and quincy because of heritage, and to tie him to those groups for stories. He's a hollow to tie him to Aizen's schemings. He's a Fullbring to uh. Well let's forget about Fullbring.

But Yhwach destroyed Ichigo...

Moosichu

Yeah the powers are basically plot, not actual abilities. He's a shinigami and quincy because of heritage, and to tie him to those groups for stories. He's a hollow to tie him to Aizen's schemings. He's a Fullbring to uh. Well let's forget about Fullbring.

The Anime adaption of the Fullbring arc made it good imo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But Naruto already has wood.

For Sasuke, that is.

The moral of the flashback is that Naruto's Uchiha-related boner transcends time, I guess.

He was talking about techniques, like Byakugan, Sharingan etc.... Byakugan alone has multiple techniques so is every other type of jutus. It´s like saying that Ichigo can use Kyoka Suigetsu´s techniques and every other zampakto technique because he´s a shinigami, (same can be said about the rest of Ichigo´s sinde like hollow etc...), which is not the case. The only problem with Ichigo´s powers is that he does barely use them, or when he gets new power he neglects the previous like he did when he controlled his mask, he neglected Zangetsu´s powers.

Madara also has sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mukton.

Not entirely true. The Grand Fisher have eluded the shinigami for over 50 years, and killed many shinigami. He´s much more powerful than average hollow.

Madara also isn't the main character and has been around for like 30 chapters.

I really wish Ishida was actually fucking around for an arc featuring his people.

FB tie in shinigami badge and substitute shinigami.

Tacitus_

It was Vander Decken. He ended with " - I think!". Probably has been translated as "... or not" as well. Still, rules out what I was thinking since there's not enough time passing between those two locations to 'inject' the dolls with personality.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Speaking of Ishida, I'm still relatively surprised that Kubo avoided turning him into an outright Expy of Sasuke, which is what I was assuming when he got introduced. (Of course, I watched the anime too and Ishida's VA is just Sasuke's VA and he only does one voice).

Kurita

Not a Bleach/OP/Naruto post.

Captain Tsubasa vol.3
This is the volume where Hyuga Kojiro makes his debuts. Dude is amazing, he gives ZERO fuck about the other players, he doesn't dodge them and just run into them. His shoots are so powerful they blow players away.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece

Of course Don Quixote Doflamingo's kingdom is fantasy Spain

Also its a little confusing that Fujitora isn't a previous vice-admiral promoted. Guess he's probably a previous admiral who's come out of retirement to help with vacancies.

Does that suggest that the previous admiral trio was: Sengoku, Fujitora, and Z? Hmm

Naruto
You guys realize this is just setting up Madara's inevitable demise via Naruto's talk no jutsu, right?

Bleach
Bleach's timeline of Captains confuses me a bit. So Issin was a captain after Turn Back the Pendulum arc but before the current plotline? Yet no one recognizes him?

Anitsuu! 4 (end)

Solid and long chapter for the conclusion. Of the four so glad my otp was the canon one. Though I guess at the end, essentially all are canon. Really fun nice bro love story and all the individual chapters focused on each one were memorable. Haruki was my favorite one over his individual chapter and then here being the savoir at the drinking incident.

Angry Grimace

One Piece

Also its a little confusing that Fujitora isn't a previous vice-admiral promoted. Guess he's probably a previous admiral who's come out of retirement to help with vacancies.

Does that suggest that the previous admiral trio was: Sengoku, Fujitora, and Z? Hmm

Naruto
You guys realize this is just setting up Madara's inevitable demise via Naruto's talk no jutsu, right?

Bleach
Bleach's timeline of Captains confuses me a bit. So Issin was a captain after Turn Back the Pendulum arc but before the current plotline? Yet no one recognizes him?

I don't think anyone saw him...obviously Matsumoto would have, but I don't remember if they ever interacted. It's a little weird considering the circumstances, though. Perhaps there's some memory loss-voodoo incoming.

Samyy

One Piece

Naruto

Bleach

They never saw him, I was rereading earlier parts when Hitsugaya and crew came to the real world and he was not once in any of the scenes when they were around Ichigos house/ generally around the town.

It is possible he also has some special Gigai.

Bleach

After TBTP arc. No one recognized him because he did not want to be recognized. They probably knew about him and did nothing since he lost his powers, and deemed by SS as harmless. Soul Society knew about Urahara, so it´s hard to believe that they did not know about Isshin as well.

They never saw him, I was rereading earlier parts when Hitsugaya and crew came to the real world and he was not once in any of the scenes when they were around Ichigos house/ generally around the town.

He can also make his riatsu totally disappear. Not to mention he could have tried to avoid Hitsugaya and Rangiku when they came to his place or just picking up his girls from school.

Angry Grimace

If he was actually hiding he could have just like gotten a Gigai that didn't look identical

I thought he lost his powers cause the Hogyoku rejected him not because of Ichigo. Seemed still that he didnt lose by Ichigo's powers.

I seem to remember him "discarding" his powers or something because he was so enamored of being in Metapod form.

Samyy

If he was actually hiding he could have just like gotten a Gigai that didn't look identical

I seem to remember him "discarding" his powers or something because he was so enamored of being in Metapod form.

Eh, I suppose, the soul society higher ups probably knew he still existed and were fine with it hence he didn't need to hide.

Due to his connection with the 10th squad guys he probably did not want to reveal himself. Might make things awkward. Would be weird if he was walking around in a different Gigai around the house no? Im guessing they don't know hes alive. Captain level individuals are not told much I assume.

Angry Grimace

Talk about false equivalence. Ichigo does not have each and every zampakto technique or hollow technique or fullbring technique. Second of all Obito and Madara have Sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mukton.

You're arguing it on a hyper-technical scale that doesn't really have anything to do with the problem, which is that the author is reusing the same plot device over and over and its starting to break the suspension of disbelief that Ichigo has every single named power source. You're not really providing any reasoning why its not the same thing as having every single Bloodline Limit in Naruto.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";49222905]Naruto should just end with the Shodaime and Madara tearful reunion and the war being canceled.[/QUOTE]

I would probably read Naruto again if this happened LOL.

Yonafunu

I thought he lost his powers cause the Hogyoku rejected him not because of Ichigo. Seemed still that he didnt lose by Ichigo's powers.

You're right, but the end result is the same. They both didn't have any powers.
I agree with you that Ichigo technically didn't defeat Aizen, but that's beside the point.
We all know how this shit with Bach is going to end.

Gotei 13 is losing.
Ichigo shows up.
Gotei 13: OMG Ichigo u finally here u so strong ur the only one who can save us because plot!
Ichigo: GETSUGA TENSHO!
Bach: *dead*

Samyy

You're right, but the end result is the same. They both didn't have any powers.
I agree with you that Ichigo technically didn't defeat Aizen, but that's beside the point.
We all know how this shit with Bach is going to end.

Gotei 13 is losing.
Ichigo shows up.
Gotei 13: OMG Ichigo u finally here u so strong ur the only one who can save us because plot!
Ichigo: GETSUGA TENSHO!
Bach: *dead*

I am okay with this!
Would like to see some Ishida kicking ass too though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: Ehhh

Uh. I don't really care. I want to see more adult Hashirama vs Adult Madara. That's about all.

Other than this chapter alone can fuel hundreds of Hashi/Madara Fanfic.

Bleach: B

So, then, I wonder where this takes place in the timeline in accordance with TBTP. Is this after it, or before? I'm gonna guess after it.

Either way, this is really starting off like Turn Back The Pendulum, but with Isshin as the star instead of Kisuke. These are good things.

Aizen! I feel like Aizen is going to play a huge role in this flashback just like he did last time.

One Piece: C-

Boring. Seriously, boring. Beginning of arc gimmick with toys, how fun. Not.

Old man was the only good thing about the chapter. He could be the admiral, but well, whatever. It's weird how all these people with swords are coming out of the woodwork.

ManGAF sounds like GAF for Men. The play on words doesn't work.

Literally anyone on GAF would know what "MangaGAF" or "AnimeGAF" is, but I would be willing to bet virtually everyone outside this thread would think "ManGAF" is just GAF for Men.
This is the point. Who cares what the rest of GAF thinks. We all know it's ManGAF for Manga.

MangaGaf sounds dumb. Like Wiseblade said, double "ga" in "gagaf" sounds really dumb.

Wiseblade

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";49225323]Just call it ShonenGAF because none of you fuckers have good taste anyway.[/QUOTE]

Go back to writing your eternal bromance.

wonzo

Banned
Food Smut 13

shokusoma13.png

dat brown meat

Silver Spoon 67-68

It really sucks about Komaba and his family but watching Hachiken's timid self slowly evaporate over this entire series to become the badass he is now, to see that finally payoff is just incredible.

Yamada 49.5

Needed more Iotu's mum. :(

Sakamoto desu ga?

aka Swag the manga because the MC has so much swag everybody is falling for him, even the bullies who tried to make him look bad. This is fucking hilarious, I laughed at pretty much all of the panels with the MC.
This looks pretty amazing. Will check out ASAP.

Naruto: Ehhh

Uh. I don't really care. I want to see more adult Hashirama vs Adult Madara. That's about all.

Other than this chapter alone can fuel hundreds of Hashi/Madara Fanfic.

So, then, I wonder where this takes place in the timeline in accordance with TBTP. Is this after it, or before? I'm gonna guess after it.

Either way, this is really starting off like Turn Back The Pendulum, but with Isshin as the star instead of Kisuke. These are good things.

Aizen! I feel like Aizen is going to play a huge role in this flashback just like he did last time.

One Piece: C-

Boring. Seriously, boring. Beginning of arc gimmick with toys, how fun. Not.

Old man was the only good thing about the chapter. He could be the admiral, but well, whatever. It's weird how all these people with swords are coming out of the woodwork.

This is the point. Who cares what the rest of GAF thinks. We all know it's ManGAF for Manga.

MangaGaf sounds dumb. Like Wiseblade said, double "ga" in "gagaf" sounds really dumb.

After. Why are people having trouble with this? Gin was a third seat in TBTP. Hitsugaya was not shown, probably was not a member. Shinji did not recognize Isshin´s riatsu. Masaki is a human (quincies are humans) and she was young when Isshin met her.

Aizen talked about his hollowfication experiments and looking for Shinji and his mates, so I'd say it takes place after TBTP.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";49225323]Just call it ShonenGAF because none of you fuckers have good taste anyway.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, I just started Berserk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom