• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Berserk 58

I don't know what's crazier. Recent events, or the fact that there's still clearly a long way to go to tie things up to the beginning. Like, I thought I had a couple ideas of how things were going to turn out forming in my head, but NOPE. I don't even have a clue. And that's probably the craziest thing of all.

Oh man, so close yet so far!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Plot Twist: Aizen doesn't have a bankai.

:O

I actually thought about that a while back - that it would have been a pretty cool twist that he had just used his shikai to convince them he had a Bankai, but he never really did. It would have been way too ballsy of a twist for a shonen so there's no way its true.

Also, Aizen already was strong enough to do bullshit like use Level 90 Kido and stop Zangetsu with a finger and shit, so its not very likely Kubo could do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, I think it would have been kind of hilarious in a good way if Aizen wasn't actually a super badass that could stop bankai with one finger and actually just abused the shit out of his shikai's power plus his natural trolling abilities to be the Wizard of Oz and convince everyone he was a badass when he was just a weakling Lieutenant level.

Wiseblade

Berserk 64

Y'know, At first, I thought having those 10 chapters at the beginning was a total waste of time. "Why have a gigantic flashback when you could just start from the beginning?". But as things developed I realised that it was a pretty clever way to do things. Having a relatively short glimpse into the future colours everything differently in the eyes of the reader and gives it all a unique context. But the best part is the way it foreshadows a climax with only the vaguest hint at what will actually happen. I've experienced the in medias res trope dozens of times before, but this is undoubtedly the best execution I've seen. I can only hope what follows lives up to the setup.

I think I'll stop with Berserk for the night.

Tacitus_

Berserk 64

Y'know, At first, I thought having those 10 chapters at the beginning was a total waste of time. "Why have a gigantic flashback when you could just start from the beginning?". But as things developed I realised that it was a pretty clever way to do things. Having a relatively short glimpse into the future colours everything differently in the eyes of the reader and gives it all a unique context. But the best part is the way it foreshadows a climax with only the vaguest hint at what will actually happen. I've experienced the in medias res trope dozens of times before, but this is undoubtedly the best execution I've seen. I can only hope what follows lives up to the setup.

So close yet so far

How much more broken can you get beyond perfect hypnosis? Its scary imaging what Aizen's bankai would be like.

But I'm interested in something else in this week's Bleach chapter.

How did Ichigo get Zangetsu? Oetsu says he knows where all his Asauchi ends up. So did Ichigo somehow manage to make his own Asauchi that ended up becoming a Permanent Shikai Zanpaktou or is Zangetsu a Quincy/Zanpaktou hybrid weapon?

Naruto:

Boring, can we get back to the fight between Adult Madara and Hashirama? All this background stuff is supposed to make us care about their past. But in reality most people don't care, these people are dead. Talk about dragging your feet.

One Piece:

Hmm average chapter, nothing jumped out at me besides the few jokes and the gravity power that blind dude has to crush some fodder.

Time to wait for Beelzebub and the rest.

caesar

Banned
Berserk 64

Yeah, it does it very well. The first 10 chapters are even better the second time round, when you eventually know stuff. I'm jealous.

Food Smut 1

WHY AM I READING THIS

iG2a4SjdVssT2.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I honestly find shokugeki no soma pretty tame compared to some of the other smut out there, mostly because most of the smut don't really have any explicitly sexual theme.

It's just the feeling of wanting to be naked after you had a good meal, which I can relate to.

I don't know, I think it would have been kind of hilarious in a good way if Aizen wasn't actually a super badass that could stop bankai with one finger and actually just abused the shit out of his shikai's power plus his natural trolling abilities to be the Wizard of Oz and convince everyone he was a badass when he was just a weakling Lieutenant level.

I'd actually love this in a non ironic way. It wouldn't even be that unlikely, considering how he trolled Bach, while he was in his full bondage prison outfit, without any powers.

Yamada and the 7 Witches 1 - 6

Wasnt really getting into it initially at the start chapters, but once MIyamura got in the picture it immediately turned for the better. I like the president of the student council too and wonder if he will get more involved. Though best moment was with Miyamura and Yamada though if the second time hadnt been off panel. Oh well will keep follow to see what the long plot is and more hilarious and nice moments.

Akito

Sakamichi no Apollon Fanbook
The behind the scene stuff was interesting, like how the musicians having much resemblance with their anime/manga counterparts or how the manga author being greatly involved in the making of the anime, which is not terribly common as far as I know.
The short story was kind of eh, way too short and too random.

Berserk 3-4

Really interesting information, more than I expected this early on. For such a low life demon like the count to obtain an item like the key, huh. I still like asshole Gutts, but it seems like he's already taking the Vegeta route, which is disappointing. I was surprised that he didn't rescue Vargas in the end. I still hate that elf and I wish it would get killed soon. It seems more and more obvious that Gutts is at least part demon or something along the line and definitely not 100% human. What happened to his eye is more interesting to me than his mechanical arm. I need to read more.

Angry Grimace

The behind the scene stuff was interesting, like how the musicians having much resemblance with their anime/manga counterparts or how the manga author being greatly involved in the making of the anime, which is not terribly common as far as I know.

Still mad about the anime ending being awful.

Is the manga worth reading? Im up to episode 5.

Angry Grimace

I hereby declare Wednesday GAF to be concluded.

"Big Three" discussion is scheduled to resume on March 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM EST.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk 3-4

Really interesting information, more than I expected this early on. For such a low life demon like the count to obtain an item like the key, huh. I still like asshole Gutts, but it seems like he's already taking the Vegeta route, which is disappointing. I was surprised that he didn't rescue Vargas in the end. I still hate that elf and I wish it would get killed soon. It seems more and more obvious that Gutts is at least part demon or something along the line and definitely not 100% human. What happened to his eye is more interesting to me than his mechanical arm. I need to read more.

Oh you are in for a treat, you have no idea what's coming up. Shit's going to get real, believe that.

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 12

Probably one of the few times where I didnt care for any of the events in a manga. Anyway, the page spread and action was nice but the Cereberus kun Cyclops-kun stuff was heavy and felt odd.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just finished reading Beserk Volume 1. Just because.

I don't really know what to think. But I think I'm gonna keep reading.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
To be honest, I always wanted to read Beserk cause Big One held it in such esteem and I wondered what the fuck that was about, but since so many of you are starting this shit I figured I might as well.

I'm not sure what the chapters are organized like. Is it two chapters per volume?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be honest, I always wanted to read Beserk cause Big One held it in such esteem and I wondered what the fuck that was about, but since so many of you are starting this shit I figured I might as well.

I'm not sure what the chapters are organized like. Is it two chapters per volume?

I honestly can't remember, there are like 300 chapters though and he puts out about 4 a year.

Tacitus_

Normal size volumes, so slightly under 10 per volume. There is 333 chapters out and 37 volumes according to a scanlator.

Sakamoto Desu Ga? 1

I was laughing so loudly my room mates all came to check what was going on, then I showed them DAT SWAG and they laughed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom