• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Toriko 225

Considering Toriko's insane power increases thus far, I can easily see the series being planetary level soon enough. So I'm not sure how much hyperbole to take from Sani's statement.

Regardless, this fight is awesome. Tommyrod is easily the best villain in Toriko.

Dresden

Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai -

A single volume manga about a girl who can't say her name (and thus SUFFERING via wahjah-moe) from the author of Aku no Hana? Sounds good.

Azs0U5n.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

LOL A FUCKING MAGIC REFERENCE HOW NERDY CAN YOU GET.

Kurita

You dont keep a sticky note or have fanart of the characters to be able to tell them apart? At least in viz shonen jump I always have the initial page open that has the important characters so I can keep track of them (well mainly for nisekoi, all the girls seem the same).
Huh, the Nisekoi girls all have unique looks, don't see how you can be confused.

upandaway

Toriko

Well, this blows away all the fears I had of Appetite being used as energy balls and kamehamehas. This is really cool. I wonder how creative they can get with it. I doubt they'll now go full on HxH with it but y'know what I mean, the potential is definitely there.

Also does this mean Sani's hair is now full of dissected insect pieces?

dumbyugi

One Piece and Assassination Classroom both managed to get into the top 30 on the Oricon charts for last week even though they don't actually come out until this week.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Beserk Volume 2-3

Huh. I still ain't sure what to think. But I'll keep reading.

Gutts sure likes chopping things up.

dumbyugi

Yu-gi-oh! Zexal vol1-2

I borrowed the first two volumes from the library and they're fucking awful. What a pile of shit this is. Yuma's the main character and he sucks at dueling and has to get his naked invisible friend Astral to tell him what to do in every duel. I know in the original Yu-gi-oh that Atem dueled in place of Yugi but Yugi was still a good duelist, just not as good as Atem. But Yuma is just bad at dueling. He's also the worst designed MC of any Yu-gi-oh series. None of the other characters are interesting either, plus they're all badly designed even by Yu-gi-oh's standards. I could probably get over most of that if the duels were good but they're not. The duels seem to focus on getting enough monsters on the field so that they can fuse them into a better monster, which is hella boring. After going into 5d's thinking it would be awful and finding out it was great I went into this with the hope that it would be at least as good as GX but it was far worse. 2/10 will not ever continue.

wonzo

Banned
Molester Man 21.5 END

way to reopen the old sachiko lost wound. ;_;

Centaur's Worries 27

This manga hasn't been this homoerotic since the early oneshot chapter!

Nozo x Kimi 9

That was a pretty shit end to a pretty shit arc but it's still nowhere near as shitty as the hiatus is ._.

RIP

Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai -

A single volume manga about a girl who can't say her name (and thus SUFFERING via wahjah-moe) from the author of Aku no Hana? Sounds good.
Whoa, someone actually started translating some more of this guys other works!? Will read as soon as it's finished.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk Volume 4

So this Griffith guy is cool, in a way. Gutts is a manly man at the age of 11, and not "A GIRL?!?!?!?!?!"

Okay. Onward!

Assassination Classroom 33

Probably shouldnt read this in class, was so hard not to lol. Karmas yankee fishing moment with Nagisa, then Korosenseis flipping the table, and ball color code book was too funny. Anyway why isnt Karma playing? I wonder if some technicality wont give class e an actual official win...Go Sugino!

Qvoth

GATE - JIETAI KARE NO CHI NITE, KAKU TATAKERI
quite an interesting manga, anybody else reading it?
mixture of current military and high fantasy

Bleach

Forget Aizen let's get some more Gin!

Even though it makes more sense I was still surprised that Isshan was a captain after TBTP.

Naruto

Even though the content isn't exactly great I still liked this chapter. Kind of funny that both fathers just happened to find out and make their plan to attack on the same day.

One Piece

Well the blind dude seems awesome. Just reading the reactions I was hoping he wouldn't end up being Fujitora but after reading the chapter it's hard to see him not being him. It seems like it wasn't meant to be obvious that his DF is something to do with gravity. Made it seem like the focus was supposed to be on the hole and we were supposed to glance over the line about something crushing the guy. Mustache disguises and reaction to the toys were great.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Well the blind dude seems awesome. Just reading the reactions I was hoping he wouldn't end up being Fujitora but after reading the chapter it's hard to see him not being him. It seems like it wasn't meant to be obvious that his DF is something to do with gravity. Made it seem like the focus was supposed to be on the hole and we were supposed to glance over the line about something crushing the guy. Mustache disguises and reaction to the toys were great.

I think it's the opposite, same way the Supernova's powers were never really supposed to be ambiguous. The confusion comes from Oda trying to cover too much in a short number of panels.

I think it's the opposite, same way the Supernova's powers were never really supposed to be ambiguous. The confusion comes from Oda trying to cover too much in a short number of panels.

Yeah, it really could go either way, but it just seemed like the hole was overly large as if it was supposed to be the focus. Plus the whole unsheathing his sword didn't help much either.

Gin's dead. Show Grimmjow already, dammit.

Death doesn't matter in this flashback! We at least saw Grimmjow's hand recently...

Edit: If anything this flashback could expand on Gin being a double agent and all that.

Molester Man 21.5

KJfW0zV.png

He straightened the panel borders!

And poor Mr Glasses. He didn't even get friendzoned. And I didn't know that the chief from the restaurant was a parody from another manga. Do any of you know it? And for some reason I don't remember #4 at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Molester Man 21.5

KJfW0zV.png

He straightened the panel borders!

And poor Mr Glasses. He didn't even get friendzoned. And I didn't know that the chief from the restaurant was a parody from another manga. Do any of you know it? And for some reason I don't remember #4 at all.

Look up kuso miso technique.

You might like it.

Don't read this anywhere where people might find you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom