• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Art was never a problem for me. The first few pages were always real lookers so far and I looove the monster design. Really, it's that good.

The monster design is excellent, its deffo my favourite manga for that.

Yeah, it has always been good but I'm just saying when the plot goes downhill a bit from like vol 27ish the art begins to compensate for it. (imo anyway)

How far have you gotten with it now? Glad to see people are liking it.

Akito

Ok confession time, I didn't pick up Yotsuba yet because I didn't finish Azumanga, neither the manga nor the anime. It was not bad but didn't manage to hook me on enough. And I'm not a guy who hates cute girls doing nothing either.

Dresden

Ok confession time, I didn't pick up Yotsuba yet because I didn't finish Azumanga, neither the manga nor the anime. It was not bad but didn't manage to hook me on enough. And I'm not a guy who hates cute girls doing nothing either.

It's less focused on gags and more on naturalistic, flowing humor. Also, the art improves a ton from his Azumanga days.

Akito

It's less focused on gags and more on naturalistic, flowing humor. Also, the art improves a ton from his Azumanga days.
I absolutely believe you guys that Yotsuba is fantastic, it's just I had a reason for not picking it up when it was new and the volumes just kinda piled up over the years. It will happen, just a matter of time.

The monster design is excellent, its deffo my favourite manga for that.

Yeah, it has always been good but I'm just saying when the plot goes downhill a bit from like vol 27ish the art begins to compensate for it. (imo anyway)

How far have you gotten with it now? Glad to see people are liking it.

I finished chapter 3 and 4 yesterday and plan to read at least two more today, maybe even more. I don't even know why I'm taking it so slow with Berserk. I started chapter 5 at work today, but then Ass Class and Molester Man came out and then I actually had to work. So weird, haha.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
upandaway recommended that shit to me OT'S AGO and I got with it.

You late ass motherfuckers.

*goes back to read Berserk*

caesar

Banned
I finished chapter 3 and 4 yesterday and plan to read at least two more today, maybe even more. I don't even know why I'm taking it so slow with Berserk. I started chapter 5 at work today, but then Ass Class and Molester Man came out and then I actually had to work. So weird, haha.

Well at least you're taking your time with it, Wiseblade has rampaged through it and it has possibly frazzled his mind.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Sakamoto desu ga? 02

5FlGd.jpg

Soma

How many people here haven't read Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, Monster or Mushishi?

ShonenGAF confirmed.

Read Vagabond.

Haven't read 20th Century Boys (will get to that eventually).

Monster doesn't seem too interesting to me.

Read a little bit of Mushishi but greatly enjoyed the anime.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ages unknown, I think. Daddy's first name is also unknown? Yanda is 1-2 years younger than Daddy/Jumbo (and they're the same age), that's all I think was revealed about them.

I think Asagi is like 20. Fuuka appears to be about 16. Pretty sure that was somewhere in the manga or from Azuma.

Daddy/Jumbo I sort of assume are in their mid-twenties or so.

No one knows Daddy's name. He's either Daddy or Koiwai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom