• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Yotsuba 38

ibm96A17sQrj3.png

HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I like some of these a lot.

Wednesday Bloody Wednesday

The Heart of Our Nakama

Nothing Good Ever Comes Out Of Wednesdays

Top 3.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
A lot of people here aren't joking when they fanboy war. He's a great guy who knows more than most about Jump and manga in general. It's absolutely a loss.
He added nothing constructive to this thread!

Tell homie to bring ManGaf the wan pisu spoilers FIRST!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A lot of people here aren't joking when they fanboy war. He's a great guy who knows more than most about Jump and manga in general. It's absolutely a loss.

At least he got to name the next thread!

I have no idea who he is, and I don't really care that much if that one page of joke insults got him angry enough to leave, tbh.

I have no idea who he is, and I don't really care that much if that one page of joke insults got him angry enough to leave, tbh.
Well, some of us would prefer the company of Aohige over the likes of Beam and Big One. I find it surprising that you're usually the first to go hard after an immature poster but have no interest in attracting better.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Well, some of us would prefer the company of Aohige over the likes of Beam and Big One. I find it surprising that you're usually the first to go hard after an immature poster but have no interest in attracting better.

Haha, this + I'm not really sold on it being just a joke. Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

wonzo

Banned
smh @ the people hatin on Yotsuba

How many people here haven't read Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, Monster or Mushishi?

ShonenGAF confirmed.
Vagabond - it's on the list
20th Century Boys - read it up until the second timeskip where i started to lose interest and ended up dropping it, reading up on spoilers makes me glad that i did
Monster - read it several years ago. i remember it being pretty awesome stuff but i've forgotten about most of it so i'll probably check out the anime to refresh my memory
Mushishi - seen the anime but i still need to check out the manga

"No Big 3 discussions allowed" ?
a man can dream

did you guys really chase away aohige while i was gone?
yep, i'm still pissed off about it too. :/

If Big 3 shitflinging is a joke, it got old a long, long, time ago.
It's more of a tradition, than a joke, but I agree with Grimmy and the explanation he gave that super valuable poster who left us. And if it wasn't for Big One and he way he posts and talks, I wouldn't even get the idea that anyone here is being serious about the big three. Even Beam seems more down to earth than him. At least I didn't see him telling other posters to "get the fuck out" or anything like that.

dramatis

They used to have their own threads. Now that the other manga can hold up their own thread, maybe it's time for a return of separate threads. Segregation is always a good idea!
Thing is, while WednesdayGAF is messy, I like the single community thread because it's possible to spread some better manga back to the shounen fellows and around to others who might not have picked something up if it hadn't been for posters making one-liners. Manga discussion in a single thread also allows word to spread really fast about a good/fun manga—One Punch Man, Molester, and now Sakamoto desu ga benefited from that. Sharing opinions and having people who can give a quick recommendation is good for bringing people in. Even introducing some strange stuff lends diversity to more than just single-flavored hangouts totally not talking about DTL here.

The atmosphere in here is a bit overwhelming at times. It's a bit sad that aohige couldn't stand us and even Articalys is flitting in and out without much regard for the community. But I think there's room for everybody, so I don't believe the thread should split up. Though it would be nice if Beam and Big One could tone down their nonsense.

On that note, I guess I will make OT8.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm more referring to the context of what was happening right then - it was mostly just rapid fire jokey stuff and not serious shitflinging. That's usually just Big One and/or Beam + anyone that says they don't like Bleach. I certainly wouldn't deny that legit shitflinging does occur.

Angry Grimace

Random note, is it just my monitor or does Red Grimace have yellow eyes like he has jaundice

If Big 3 shitflinging is a joke, it got old a long, long, time ago.

I usually avoid being in those discussions (dont ever see the need as no one in manga threads have ever shifted their positions on these mangas, and its kind of dull to discuss the same things week after week on these three manga when there are thousands of other manga out there) but I think a few of the one liners that have emerged from them have at least been memorable and kind of chuckle inducing even if overexaggerated or simply untrue. Dont think Ill ever forget whoever pulled out the term chicken scratch oda.

Akito

Thing is, while WednesdayGAF is messy, I like the single community thread because it's possible to spread some better manga back to the shounen fellows and around to others who might not have picked something up if it hadn't been for posters making one-liners. Manga discussion in a single thread also allows word to spread really fast about a good/fun manga—One Punch Man, Molester, and now Sakamoto desu ga benefited from that. Sharing opinions and having people who can give a quick recommendation is good for bringing people in. Even introducing some strange stuff lends diversity to more than just single-flavored hangouts totally not talking about DTL here.

The atmosphere in here is a bit overwhelming at times. It's a bit sad that aohige couldn't stand us and even Articalys is flitting in and out without much regard for the community. But I think there's room for everybody, so I don't believe the thread should split up. Though it would be nice if Beam and Big One could tone down their nonsense.

On that note, I guess I will make OT8.
Yep, totally agree with you on every points. And thanks again for the new thread I guess :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sun Ken Rock 118

OH THANK FUCKING GOD THIS ARC IS FINALLY OVER.

So Ban just wanted to be Ken all along? That's really lame.

Jintor

I think there's just a larger variety of manga to have that 10% of goodness from. Also the time investment is lower so it's faster to churn through the crap

Korosenai

Toriko Vol. 1

Great volume and I loved all of the chapters. Glad to see Toriko picking the Rainbow Fruit for his Full Course Menu. I also like how he took out the boss Troll Kong. Straight up intimidation, no fighting needed.

Toriko BB Corn Arc

The introduction of the "god" ingredient along with Toriko's proclamation of "that will be my main course in my meal of life" helps give the series it's direction it's needed. So far Toriko has been going after ingredients because they were jobs/missions. Now we have a motivation for the character, to find this greatest ingredient ever and become pirate king a legendary gourmet hunter.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Manga Discussion/News |OT8| One Piece Sucks

*cue collective gasps and seething rage of One Piece's rabid fans*

Toriko Vol. 1

Great volume and I loved all of the chapters. Glad to see Toriko picking the Rainbow Fruit for his Full Course Menu. I also like how he took out the boss Troll Kong. Straight up intimidation, no fighting needed.

Toriko BB Corn Arc

The introduction of the "god" ingredient along with Toriko's proclamation of "that will be my main course in my meal of life" helps give the series it's direction it's needed. So far Toriko has been going after ingredients because they were jobs/missions. Now we have a motivation for the character, to find this greatest ingredient ever and become pirate king a legendary gourmet hunter.

The sheer scale and ridiculousness (and creativity) of Toriko's universe dwarfs One Piece as my most favorite "Holy Shit the Scale" mangas right now. It's fantastic.

The sheer scale and ridiculousness (and creativity) of Toriko's universe dwarfs One Piece as my most favorite "Holy Shit the Scale" mangas right now. It's fantastic.

I mean the whole concept of searching for the "god" of food is pretty hysterical when you think about it.

Manga Discussion/News |OT8| Bleach Is Good

jnBGX.gif

I actually do think Bleach is good outside of the dragged out Hueco Mundo and Fake Town arcs which just dragged horribly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom