• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I've never really considered that one smut, but maybe it gets a whole lot rauchier past where I read.

I can only go by the genre tags on MU (which also don't consider many of the stuff that are called smut in here, smut) personally, but there's a certain amount of sex in there.

gunbo13

Nizoki Ana vs Nana to Kaoru

Not caught up on Ana, but proof you can do a decent smut manga.
Nozoki Ana is awful.
I've never really considered that one smut, but maybe it gets a whole lot rauchier past where I read.
I'm up to date on the translations and don't think it is that smutty, at least so far. There is like one couple who has sex and they don't show much. It's nothing like Velvet Kiss or others; very minor.
Shoujo has the most hilariously bad best smut though. So much incest/NTR/teacherXstudent relationships. The male orientented stuff is lightweight by comparison because shit actually happens in shoujo instead of endless teasing BS.
This is true. Josei is more adult relationships but the shoujo smut brings in every odd situation possible. Though Josei smut can be pretty heavy on nudity where shoujo can be more mind games at times.

flawfuls

I can only go by the genre tags on MU (which also don't consider many of the stuff that are called smut in here, smut) personally, but there's a certain amount of sex in there.

MU only uses smut in reference to shoujo/josei. Shounen/seinen are tagged as ecchi.

Lain

Seems a bit confusing.

Anyways, received half my shit today, and this was in it:
5bf43cab7306591878b27bf762355bc89a669c87.jpeg

Kinda happy that it was done better than I thought it would.

Oh and Mikasa is the best girl. Fuck potato girl.

Zekes!

God I really wish he will stay with Shou. Logically speaking it seems like the best way for him to enjoy a healthy relationship. I hope the author has the balls to pull off an Ichigo 100% with this one.

I am not confident about Shou's chances though. Expecting "my true love is Yuki" bullshit or the author made Shou doing something to justify the MC going back to Yuki like her cheating on him with her old sempai or something.

And then like KNIM everyone will be all just happy and rainbow with few tears and "heartfelt" words (God I hate that manga)

Yeah it's Shou or bust. It helps that she's the least stupid and the most honest. At this point I don't think the mangaka can write a justifiable setup for Utsumi x Yuki unless she makes Shou completely fuck up some how

gunbo13

Seems a bit confusing.
Your smut level is too low. This is 101 stuff.
Nozoki Ana is so bad it hurts.
The most painful part is how it takes itself seriously.

---

Would manga bets fit in off-topic I wonder? If we kept it classy, set a deadline, had a points system, then it would not be community right? And the thread would be dedicated to people reviewing only the manga bet reads as they go...

Steroyd

Would manga bets fit in off-topic I wonder? If we kept it classy, set a deadline, had a points system, then it would not be community right? And the thread would be dedicated to people reviewing only the manga bet reads as they go...

That's the definition of a community, the only thing missing would be slapping a "online multiplayer" sticker on.

Hayate x Blade 1-53 (all that is in English so far, of this ongoing 95-chapter series)

I like this series a lot, and really want to know what happens next... it's right in the middle of a bunch of important stuff here, but the wait for the next chapters will probably be so long... argh.

So yeah, overall, I like this series a lot. I've heard complaints that it's not really yuri, and it's not, but it's pretty good at what it does do. I just want to be able to read the rest of it much sooner than I will. Oh well, at least there's something. It's got action, drama, and comedy, all done fairly well, with a good cast and writing. Finally, that I wrote this much about the seties, but feel like I could write twice as much, easily, says something about how much I liked it... :)

I think I made it to volume 7, I was kind of disappointed that the english publisher ended up dropping it or at least slowing down with the releases attempting a last ditch effort of releasing omnibuses... My favorite was always the club or council president whose name escapes me right now.

survivor

Banned
Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Fuck the entire scanlation scene

Someone just license (lol like that will happen) this, so I don't have to deal with these assholes.

Give it up gunbo, the OT doesn't want our kind anymore.

gunbo13

That's the definition of a community, the only thing missing would be slapping a "online multiplayer" sticker on.
There's a ton of communities still there with retention times. It's the perpetual ones that got shanked. Manga bets would have retentions.
How classy.

I think.
Nothing classy about borderline H though.

I think.
Give it up gunbo, the OT doesn't want our kind anymore.
Tis true. I know most of us are reading between the lines here... I just didn't want to acknowledge it. I guess I hope to read more real news today such as yesterday's "My Mom Gave Me Herpes from Pizza Crusts." The content we discuss here is so dredge in comparison.

Lain

Happy! vol 10 PE (ch 150-167)
102de79021013302335186668c86af8a3e86c58a.jpeg

Hey, look,
Miyuki won
and they still
threw shit at her for daring to win the match.
Sports, how the fuck do they work?

Choko is the whoriest whore that's ever whored on this whorish world. Fuck this bitch, fuck her damn it. She gets Miyuki
disqualified by locking her in that room
, then at the end of the volume, she
injuries Okiku before their match the next day.
And those faces she makes, it pisses me off. The biggest insult though is
the idea that some form of sentiment is making its way in her
and I can't accept that. She doesn't deserve any kind of redemption, she only deserves a ball in her mouth during a match so she loses that fake smile.

El Sloth

Banned
double up my friends! its about time someone else picked this up.

this series is killing me. its nice seeing the mc man the fuck up after so many chapters of him being bitchmade, but they need to drop dude into a training arc asap. and we also need more of gun toting driver. that dude is one of the biggest bosses in comics
Triple down.

I also unfortunately read this series. Mostly to look at the pretty pictures. Main character makes me want to drop kick my laptop.

Moon Young >Dal Dal>>>>*

Zekes!

Magico

Shion is gimped by the Japanese ability of not being able to confess his feelings, like every anime/manga character ever

Minamoto-kun

what's the deal with the way they release this

Solune

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Fuck the entire scanlation scene

Someone just license (lol like that will happen) this, so I don't have to deal with these assholes.
Gotta take what you can get man. I was reading Hotman and they don't even properly scan each page. Each "page" is a hackjob of scanning both pages from the volume at a time with a bigass white bar in the middle sometimes. Not to mention the series isn't completely scanlated.
There's a ton of communities still there with retention times. It's the perpetual ones that got shanked. Manga bets would have retentions.

Tis true. I know most of us are reading between the lines here... I just didn't want to acknowledge it. I guess I hope to read more real news today such as yesterday's "My Mom Gave Me Herpes from Pizza Crusts." The content we discuss here is so dredge in comparison.

With the way communities are being cracked down on, it's hard to say what will fly in OT and what will not. Good example is the Oreimo S2 thread.

sixclaws

Banned
Gotta take what you can get man. I was reading Hotman and they don't even properly scan each page. Each "page" is a hackjob of scanning both pages from the volume at a time with a bigass white bar in the middle sometimes. Not to mention the series isn't completely scanlated.

With the way communities are being cracked down on, it's hard to say what will fly in OT and what will not. Good example is the Oreimo S2 thread.

The Oreimo S2 thread was probably taken down due to incest themes. EviLore has the last post in the thread quoting someone talking about the themes and said lets not have this thread.
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=468845

scy

So Aunt Tits discussion is really a risky venture?

Aunt Tits 27 - I'd love to comment but half this shit doesn't work for me. So something something Aunt troll something something second target something.

gunbo13

We aren't a part of classygaf so we are in the abyss.
So Aunt Tits discussion is really a risky venture?
Aunt tits is taboo. But you could ironically post a thread about your aunt's tits in OT getting away with it.

upandaway

Minamoto

Can't believe I downloaded Firefox for it, but whatever. It ended up loading the chapter flawlessly. So dang annoying, but really just whatever. What, and forever. Seriously I don't care anymore. And the chapter wasn't even worth it.

Magico

Argh, that's why I hate love triangles. I always feel bad for the other one, especially when he's a good guy.

upandaway

Magi

So guys, this thing.

irIXN.png

Does anyone know what this is? Like, gratitude/submission/apology/simple bow, and where it came from?

upandaway

It's just a bow, you see it a lot in martial arts mangas, so I assume its a warriors bow.
I looked around starting from martial art bows and after 10 Wikipedia entries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silat said:
Some traditional Javanese schools use another handsign apparently borrowed from the Chinese in which the left hand clasps the right fist. In the context of silat, the fist symbolises martial skill while the opposite hand is a sign of courtesy and camaraderie. This is meant to convey mutual respect and shows that the fighters are willing to learn from each other. Like the namaste, it recalls the idea of duality. This concept is referred to as jantan betina (male-female) and is equivalent to the Chinese yin and yang.

So basically Chinese, and used in martial arts greetings. Really fitting for the prince then.

Considering I haven't started and I'm guessing survivor is 30% done...175 days give or take.

I'll shoot for the end of this weekend myself. I'm definitely going to create a point and penalty system for the pool bets though.

Oh, I'm around Ch. 100 for UDDUP. Why did I put in so much effort again? :(

Tacitus_

If you guys are having trouble reading Aunt Tits, check the smut peddlers own reader. It seems they're running some sort of anti-scraping thing in order to screw aggregators.

gunbo13

How do the manga bets even work?
The current ones go like this:
1. Choose a manga you want to read but never have.
2. Your competitor then gives you a list of manga to choose from. That is your "forced read."
3. Both of you decide on a total length, like 20 volumes. So the manga have to add up to around that.
4. Set a deadline. Post volume reviews when possible. Post final review.
Profit

Since we have about 5 people right now for the next one, it will be changed to a pool bet. Similar rules but way more manga, choices, etc... Forced reads will be changed to side-bets.

TL;DR - Gets you to stop being silly and finish that manga you've wanted. Also makes you open up to new types of reads via recommendations.
Oh, I'm around Ch. 100 for UDDUP. Why did I put in so much effort again? :(
lol Dude, don't worry. We will catch up.

Noirulus

Nana to Kaoru suffers from a mild form of the Accel World effect. Why authors/artists make protagonists half the height of their love interests I will never understand.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Magico

What an infuriating chapter. Man the fuck up Shion, and other dude fuck you for proposing to a married woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom