• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there's a surprise. At least you're enjoying it, haha.

It kind of blows my mind just how subdued it is compared to the anime. I mean it's still fanservicey as hell, but the way Densuke ends up in the situations he ends up in actually make sense to some extent while the anime was just throwing in a punch of ridiculous scenes with no context.

Bleach and Naruto raws are out.

Naruto spoilers
Sasuke wants to hear the truth from Itachi.
Itachi tells Sasuke to listen without provoking Kabuto (?)

Itachi tells Sasuke that the Uchiha have an ocular jutsu that doesn't have to do with affecting the opponent's senses.
Sasuke: "...Izanagi...? Danzou used that when I fought him."
Itachi: "...You've lived well."

The Uchiha have another forbidden jutsu to act as a counterpart to Izanagi.
Itachi: "The preparations have already been made. The ultimate ocular jutsu that will seize his destiny... Izanami."
Izanagi is a jutsu that changes one's fate, while Izanami is a jutsu that determines one's fate.
Itachi and Kabuto clash.

Itachi: "Sasuke... Stay close to me."

Ahahahah, another sharingan technique. Izanami.

Noirulus

It kind of blows my mind just how subdued it is compared to the anime. I mean it's still fanservicey as hell, but the way Densuke ends up in the situations he ends up in actually make sense to some extent while the anime was just throwing in a punch of ridiculous scenes with no context.

I'll have to try it out sometime. I'm a sho-rom whore and will read (almost) anything. Probably when it's finished being scanlated.

Sonezaki Shinjuu (Oneshot)

A cute tale of a guy who loves his childhood friend that was sold to a brothel. Ending is very feel-good. The childhood friend looks very similar to the younger sister from Ane Doki :)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Im Dal Young Zero? What did you think of the forced sister rape?

Their whole damn relationship didn't make sense. Hell none of the interations did. Its like they were leading to something, then they decided on some sort of harem series, then all hell breaks loose and nothing matters anymore. How did the mc know the chick that was supposed to be his sister wasn't his sister if she was older than he was? What about the child whose only relevance was being the mech pilot at the end, and even that went absolutely nowhere. I can believe a series with barely any backstory was left to go on that long. Did the artist also do the black god series?

Steroyd

Naruto spoilers

yDb0F.jpg

neoanarch

Yep, thats him. Someone should translate Black God, i like it.

Kurokami? I did like, I forgot how butchered the anime adaptation was. But I remember enjoying the manga. But honestly Biscuit Hammer did the premise a whole lot better.

Femme Fatale

Reminds me of Genshiken a great deal. No connection between the mangaka as far as I know. Otherwise, you could drop these characters and story into a Genshiken volume and I wouldn't notice.

Sharingan

Talk no Jutsu, Flashback no Jutsu and surprise a new sharingan tech (I bet this isnt the last). What a waste of chapter, no progress in the battle or the story.

Zeppu

Sharingan

Talk no Jutsu, Flashback no Jutsu and surprise a new sharingan tech (I bet this isnt the las). What a waste of chapter, no progress in the battle or the story.

I don't read Naruto anymore, but surely Sasuke can't be the only one with sharingan who hasn't discovered a jutsu.

Orgun

Seriously, the only reason I even read Naruto now is because i've been reading it for years and want to see how this clusterfuck ends.

Khezu

Naruto

So if this new jutsu and that thing danzo did are a pair, why can itachi use it? Wouldn't it like require wood powers to use?

Also it would be so anti climatic if kabuto lost next chapter, there would obviously have to be some insane Dues ex machina to save madara from going out like that.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Man, if Kishimoto could've given us a detailed arc of the Uchiha history way back when while the Sharingan was still a reasonable skill in a toolset as opposed to a massive plot device...maybe this would seem to make sense. Instead, we got backstory on an insane dude and his whiny little brother, who are two insignificant specs in the grand scheme of Uchiha history (APPARENTLY)...

Bossun

Naruto

Talk about a useless chapter : blablahblah blahblahblah

Kishimoto is a master in stalling. Yes we know Itachi did that for the leaf, Yes the leaf betrayed him, Yes that is why Sasuke is angry. God damnit it's the hundred time already, move on.

Or maybe he should say it again in the next chapter just to be sure.

Oh and let's add once again, a new ultimate technique once again, coming out from who knows who anus once again, that we hadn't heard of at all, just to mask the uchiha's weaknesses once again.

In two chapter I call that they will be able to rewrite history and change physics laws just with their eyes...

I thought there were supposed to be the third most powerful eyes. Seems like they are just the most powerful thing in the world.

Steroyd

Naruto Uchiha

Man we already knew this story of Itachi's self sacrifice ffs, a flashback to drive the point home, and yet another "forbidden" technique, seriously someone needs to find this library of forbidden techniques already ffs.

My god some of these latest chapters have been feeling like straight up filler.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the thing is, the leaf DIDNT betray him.

thats the final mindfuck here. Sasuke knows that Itachi wanted to be branded a traitor.
he even knows why.

can he just not put two and two together? those jerks who itachi fooled into thinking he was a traitor think he was a traitor! i'll murder those insensitive fiends!'

Mr. Fix

I wanna quit Naruto so bad. We're close to the end right? Hell, I think Bleach might finally take the cake this week- BLEACH. I'll try this again in a couple hours after a bit more sleep.

So I was doing a little search on Google for Asano stuff and from what I gathered volume 2 of A Girl by the Sea is out early 2013.... fuck bimonthly manga

A really late reply to this post but:

Glad i'm not reading this smug.gif

Naruto

I literally laughed out loud in real life once i read the new eye technique page.

Cue Tobi already knowing but does not give a shit and just give everybody one and fucking be done with it already.

Open a portal to the past! (if kishimoto pull this...)

Tobi is the alternative/future timeline version of The Sauce, BELIEVE lol

Desmond

In Japanese mythology, Izanami-no-Mikoto, also given as 伊弉冉尊 or 伊邪那美命, meaning "she who invites" is a goddess of both creation and death, as well as the former wife of the god Izanagi-no-Mikoto. She is also referred to as Izanami-no-kami.

People have predicted Izanami would show up for a while. I knew it was Izanami before I'd turned the page. Quit whining.

USE YOUR HEAD PEOPLE

Naruto

Of course theres a polar opposite of Inzanagi, so instead of avoiding death it places the user in a sure death situation? Sharingan is just too crazy, no limits to its power

scy

Yup, it's a Wednesday.

Ane Doki (END)

Man, I want moar :( I'm not sure if it was losing popularity, but if the entire set up were handled slightly differently, it could've went on for 50ish chapters I think. Enjoyable series despite the short length.

I still wish it had went for a reversal of the start of the story
with Kouta wanting to stay with her instead of the leaving -> time skip thing
. And I'm glad it didn't stretch on but I have a bitter taste from Ichigo 100% :x

I'll have to try it out sometime. I'm a sho-rom whore and will read (almost) anything. Probably when it's finished being scanlated.

COMRADE.

Sonezaki Shinjuu (Oneshot)

A cute tale of a guy who loves his childhood friend that was sold to a brothel. Ending is very feel-good. The childhood friend looks very similar to the younger sister from Ane Doki :)

The story content was so surprising coming from Ichigo 100% originally.

gunbo13

Countrouble 28 - Oh look, confession! Here I thought we'd get a harem with the sister.
I wanted a sister triangle. :(
So is this ending soon? Though, I think I'd actually be fine with a Pastel situation of 20 volumes of nothing happening at all.
lolno
My first thought was it is ending soon. That would make me sad... Biggest stallers are lack of a rival and no digging into the "angel" backstory. Somebody kidnap Sasara already.
This thread moves waaay too fast for me to keep active in it hahaha
Just spam a bunch of shit about popular shounen. "Bah, Naruto sucks but Naruto is awesome." It doesn't have to make sense but it will fit right in.
Yup, it's a Wednesday.
Ek2mB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom