• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

K-On Discussion?

i8UBxb0TxU8jC.gif

Well the interview in sjalpha with the creator of toriko was interesting, kind of glad he knows what GOD tastes like and didnt answer nebulously as if he was still trying to decide on it, though im only in the anime so its probably closer to being revealed in the manga, which I probably wont read for awhile...

also still hate hot viz does jutsus, madara using art of multiple wood dopplegangers sounds so tacky.

gunbo13

It's a good show.
It is definitely a well done show, yes. People will certainly dismiss it but sometimes even content you dislike can be presented properly (not that I dislike the content). What I meant is why "I" liked it. Cause I ignored it for a good amount of time cause it isn't my thing. But I tried it and watched all of it. I enjoyed it along alongside other SoL anime I didn't think I'd like.

flawfuls

Did he finish FMA already? I didn't see anything about that

It's a crime against humanity that he finished all these manga but not FMA

The funny thing is FMA was one of the first, if not the first, manga I ever read. Originally I planned to read it after it was over, but the scans were shit so I was stuck in an endless back and forth between just reading them, buying it or watching the anime. Then at a certain point I just forgot about it.

I agree with you on this one. Anime really constitutes different discussions though.

We are in community now. We can talk about anything!

You guys think we should have community events?

for example we each create a 1 page comic summarizing our thoughts on the big 3 or whatever manga smutgaf happens to be pimping currently and we all vote which is the best?

it could definitely be fun.

Zekes!

You guys think we should have community events?

for example we each create a 1 page comic summarizing our thoughts on the big 3 or whatever manga smutgaf happens to be pimping currently and we all vote which is the best?

it could definitely be fun.

sounds potentially fun

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I've been reading K-On a little lately, it's pretty good. Should I just watch the anime?

Yeah, it is the greatest anime ever produced. The pinnacle of anything the Japanese have done.

It's so good it makes the K-On! manga seem average like One Piece.

Kreed

Magi 88:

smh @ the level caps. Chapter itself was just ok with the "highlight" being Aladdin's usual humor. Hopefully they enter the dungeon in the next chapter or two.

Zekes!

Nickelodeon by Douman Seiman

A bizarre (borderline nonsensical?) and humorous collection of oneshots (some with loose continuity). I'm not sure if it's completely scanned yet, but there's a bunch translated so far. If for some reason this was ever released in English I'd definitely buy it.

flawfuls

Nickelodeon by Douman Seiman

A bizarre (borderline nonsensical?) and humorous collection of oneshots (some with loose continuity). I'm not sure if it's completely scanned yet, but there's a bunch translated so far. If for some reason this was ever released in English I'd definitely buy it.

Yeah I've been reading this as well and it's great. Douman Seiman's stuff is always a nice blend of funny, twisted and touching. Oh and if you aren't reading Vovnich Hotel start now.

Zekes!

Anime is good, but manga has its place. I'd finish the manga and watch the anime as well.

I'll probably end up doing that

Yeah I've been reading this as well and it's great. Douman Seiman's stuff is always a nice blend of funny, twisted and touching. Oh and if you aren't reading Vovnich Hotel start now.

Def. I saw Vovnich Hotel and was thinking about starting it tonight

Reknoc

Toriko

Slowly making my way through this. So far though, the surpise apple chapter was probably the best part of the series so far. As rough as the art is, sitting uncomfortably between Fist of the North Star and Dragonball, some of the faces character pull don't fail to make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom