• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
If you guys are having trouble reading Aunt Tits, check the smut peddlers own reader. It seems they're running some sort of anti-scraping thing in order to screw aggregators.
They both don't work

Considering I haven't started and I'm guessing survivor is 30% done...175 days give or take.

I'll shoot for the end of this weekend myself. I'm definitely going to create a point and penalty system for the pool bets though.
I'm so far behind, maybe this weekend I will read one or two volumes of Mushishi

StayDead

Ok, so just recently I started reading through TWOGK as I loved the anime and wanted more and also To Love Ru Darkness as I love the series, just never read the new Darkness manga.

Both of them are so good <3

Noirulus

In Accel World's defense, he is wider.

But then he looks like her pet :lol I just can't take designs that stray so far away from the art style seriously.

RIXUM.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
But then he looks like her pet :lol I just can't take designs that stray so far away from the art style seriously.

It's like someone said earlier in the thread, the author must've had no idea how to draw a fat character, so he just went for the bubble design.

Dresden

Are you shitting on their true love? She likes him for his videogame avatar!
Envelope said:
It's like someone said earlier in the thread, the author must've had no idea how to draw a fat character, so he just went for the bubble design.
Well, more like the illustrator for the LNs.

upandaway

So since we're a community now can we talk about anime too? (<- just finished simfogee, I lost it at unlimited missile works)

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 31

Why's it always gotta be the black dude.

Fuck's sake. I hope there's a cop out or something, but I don't see how they could do that.

Actually scratch that, I don't care. Just bring him back to life somehow.

Blue Exorcist 31 - 34
tumblr_m1wq0lSQtl1qdwzqko1_500.jpg

Well saving up 4 chapters to read was pretty awesome for the pacing wise, stunning conclusion to the arc with an excellent friendship scene throughout 34, loved. Now if they can get this animated.

His skill in 33 was pretty cool with the purifying flames.

gunbo13

People reading Aunt tits instead of this should be ashamed.
I read both.
I mostly lurk but put me down for this manga betting shit
Remind me when I start organizing the next one. Also, stop lurking so I remember.
In Accel World's defense, he is wider.
Was it by choice?
Dude, prime position. PRIME. POSITION.
So since we're a community now can we talk about anime too?
Nope, Kagari already yelled at us for trying. Still have to stay on topic.
Haru is so moe~
Crazy, it's like everyone is reading Accel World now. I remember months back when Scy and I were talking about the questionable "outfit."
Thanks for the recommendation. Are there any other manga like this?
Velvet Kiss, My Girlfriend is an Erotica Author, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, My Balls, etc...

Nozoki Ana fucking sucks though.

Lain

Beelzebub vol 6
de162e8f8fd2bf2eaf4695b1a3054d9676163086.jpg

Why is it that every volume of this manga is so awesome? Why can't other authors be just as good?!

Furuichi acting like he's awesome after seeing angelica's photo was great.
Beel becoming huge and fighting against the Lord of Vlad with Oga on him Giant Robo style was awesome.
The move to that new school though was the best part. The first day with that teacher lol. After meeting these awesome bastards, he goes on leave.
Those knights bastard touching my Queen Aoi's hair though, how dare they?! Serves them right Queen Aoi is so fucking badass she can destroy swords with some simple furniture.
I hope Oga kicks the ass of that other dude.

Noirulus

I'm just waiting til Nozoki finally reaches the Emiru ending, I do agree it's pretty damn boring right now.

But I dunno, Aunt Tits wasn't all that fun either. Perhaps it's gotten better since I stopped reading, though.

Scum

Man, the Soul Society arc was soo much fun. Decided to watch the anime as well now and just got up to Aizen and the beginning of his awesome new hair style, smirk and epic trolling. :lol

I think I made it to volume 7, I was kind of disappointed that the english publisher ended up dropping it or at least slowing down with the releases attempting a last ditch effort of releasing omnibuses... My favorite was always the club or council president whose name escapes me right now.

Yeah, sadly, there hasn't been a new Hayate x Blade US release since the early 2010 release of volume 6, which brought it up to ch. 36. Nothing since then. Unfortunate. :(

him getting stronger isnt just so he can beat up the dudes that accosted him, but for future protection. queen didnt do him any favors dropping him in the seed because strong fighters are gonna come looking for him. and standing up to someone means nothing if you cant back up your words. theres also the problem that we dont know what schools exist outside of goo ra high. theres a lot of problems that exist for this guy or will be coming for him, and it seems strength is the only real way to overcome them(that includes him being lusted after by some of the strongest chicks at his school.)

You're right on many points, yeah... though if he had followed through on his original plan of losing as quickly as possible, I would think that that "people coming after him for fights" thing might not happen. And as for backing up his words, does it need to be his own fists that back them up? Not necessarily. I agree with the rest of that though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Don't listen to the lies. Shit is fun all the way through catching up. Week by week it was painful with the pacing, but catching up is good fun.

Sometimes you'll have to leave logic at the door during the ride, but that's alright.

Now the Fullbring arc? That's some dumbass bullshit right there.

flawfuls

Kutsuzure Sensen

So this manga about two girls fighting Nazis during WWII in the name of Stalin. Kinda a weird setting for a comedy. One of the girls is a witch and there is a bunch of random supernatural stuff that happens. Also at one point they have to rescue Santa Claus from the Nazis so basically this manga is awesome.

nSwjh.png

Like any good Russian the witch can summon bears.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Kutsuzure Sensen

So this manga about two girls fighting Nazis during WWII in the name of Stalin. Kinda a weird setting for a comedy. One of the girls is a witch and there is a bunch of random supernatural stuff that happens. Also at one point they have to rescue Santa Claus from the Nazis so basically this manga is awesome.

sounds awesome.

scy

Countrouble 28 - Oh look, confession! Here I thought we'd get a harem with the sister.

So is this ending soon? Though, I think I'd actually be fine with a Pastel situation of 20 volumes of nothing happening at all.
lolno

Lain

March Comes In Like A Lion vol 6
0dc16d9e9e18baa2017286409d3c69109818bca0.jpeg

This volume... this volume was great. The mix of serious situations like bullism intertwined with the laughters that Rei's behavior (among the rest of the cast) causes thanks to the way he plans and reacts and tackles certain issues is almost magic. One moment i feel pissed for
Hina-chan and what she's going through
, the next I'm laughing
because Rei's ex teacher is getting enraged and ready to go straighten it out with the shitty teacher Hina has.
Then there is the whole feel bad/feel good emotion from other type of issues/revelations and the way the various characters react.
The way the volume ends is simply wonderful as well, with
Rei going to find Hina to give her some medicine for her tummy ache which is caused from the stress she's been going through, managing to find her and the whole scene just feels so damn great.
Fuck I want 7 now.

Happiness
03ac8506dcbb890a680ba01cec53983dce317128.png

This, too was fucking great. Apart from the fact that I fell in love with Furuya thanks to Genkaku Picasso, so he can't do any wrong in my eyes, everything I've read of his so far has been great. This too is, for the way it is drawn to the type of stories it tells to the way these stories are developed.
I like weird stuff, just as I like pervy stuff, so the first story that ends with exhibitionism was just enough to make me fall in love with the book.
The shorter story with the two students o nthe train, that implies they are ghosts, was cool because of the whole what/if game they were doing while riding the train.
The bullism one, which despite everything going toward a great resolution, ends with the guy committing suicide is just what I expect from Furuya and what I love him for, but then again so is the story about the satanist girl.
I love Furuya, such a great artist.

Dresden

March Comes In Like A Lion vol 6
0dc16d9e9e18baa2017286409d3c69109818bca0.jpeg

This volume... this volume was great. The mix of serious situations like bullism intertwined with the laughters that Rei's behavior (among the rest of the cast) causes thanks to the way he plans and reacts and tackles certain issues is almost magic. One moment i feel pissed for
Hina-chan and what she's going through
, the next I'm laughing
because Rei's ex teacher is getting enraged and ready to go straighten it out with the shitty teacher Hina has.
Then there is the whole feel bad/feel good emotion from other type of issues/revelations and the way the various characters react.
The way the volume ends is simply wonderful as well, with
Rei going to find Hina to give her some medicine for her tummy ache which is caused from the stress she's been going through, managing to find her and the whole scene just feels so damn great.
Fuck I want 7 now.

Happiness
03ac8506dcbb890a680ba01cec53983dce317128.png

This, too was fucking great. Apart from the fact that I fell in love with Furuya thanks to Genkaku Picasso, so he can't do any wrong in my eyes, everything I've read of his so far has been great. This too is, for the way it is drawn to the type of stories it tells to the way these stories are developed.
I like weird stuff, just as I like pervy stuff, so the first story that ends with exhibitionism was just enough to make me fall in love with the book.
The shorter story with the two students o nthe train, that implies they are ghosts, was cool because of the whole what/if game they were doing while riding the train.
The bullism one, which despite everything going toward a great resolution, ends with the guy committing suicide is just what I expect from Furuya and what I love him for, but then again so is the story about the satanist girl.
I love Furuya, such a great artist.

Lain . . . I am jealous of thee.

Kutsuzure Sensen

http://i.imgur.com/nSwjh.png

Huh, there's a new chapter of this series? That's nice, if that's an appropriate term for a chapter with content like that... I'd read some of this, but not the most recent chapter (or two). Anyway, yeah, it is a good series. I think the thing that's the most impressive about it is that even though it's got such a serious subject -- the Eastern Front of World War II, one of the most horrific fronts of any war ever -- and this manga doesn't shy away from the horrors of that front, it still manages to be an often funny series anyway. That takes skill. It also was obviously researched very well, which is quite impressive for manga, which very rarely has any accuracy. Of course it's got its stupid moments, like that "sprit onsen" (it's that it's Japanese-style that's the silliest), but overall, yeah, it's a good series for sure. It's probably about as funny as a series about horrible tragedy and war can be. It does focus a lot more on the crimes of the Nazis than on Stalin's crimes, but given the setting (during the war, on the front, in Russia) that does make sense, I guess.

The most recent chapter was another example of that. It manages to both cover mass murder and some silly comedy, without feeling too tone-dissonant? That's rare. So yeah, it's good.

iavi

I'm just waiting til Nozoki finally reaches the Emiru ending, I do agree it's pretty damn boring right now.

Yeah, it's been wash-rinse-repeat the same procedure since...ever, but blatantly so, lately. Emiru's a fun eccentric, but she's destined a waifu to whatever the boring protagonist's name is anyway, so there's no real intrigue to the whole thing, imo.

Noirulus

Yeah, it's been wash-rinse-repeat the same procedure since...ever, but blatantly so, lately. Emiru's a fun eccentric, but she's destined a waifu to whatever the boring protagonist's name is anyway, so there's no real intrigue to the whole thing, imo.

Emiru's erotic hijinks are the only real benefits from reading it. The uninteresting conflicts combined with the series taking itself too seriously are what really detract it from getting any better. Most of the characters are really douchey, too.

Still, I feel the need to see the final arc. Maybe because I feel bad for Emiru.

Ane Doki (END)

Man, I want moar :( I'm not sure if it was losing popularity, but if the entire set up were handled slightly differently, it could've went on for 50ish chapters I think. Enjoyable series despite the short length.

Awww yess, more Kangoku Gakuen to read.

dumbyugi

TLR:D

Wasting a chapter on the worst girl, though the mayo scene was pretty funny. They need to have a Lala focused chapter, or more Yui.

Bleach

I give up. This went downhill pretty fast after they saved Rukia. None of the Espada or whatever the hell they're called were interesting, though I quite like the design of a few of them, and the fights are so fucking boring. It's the same thing every single time. The good guy starts off winning then they lose but then, all of sudden, they get some kind of powerup and comeback and win. I know this is standard shonen battle stuff but it's so bland and badly done in Bleach that I found myself getting bored really quick. Also the art isn't very good, though I have seen much worse.

I've probably read worse before but Bleach is to long for me to want to keep reading. I'll read it when it's done just so I can say I finished it but I don't care enough to continue right now.

So does anyone have any suggestions of some other crap for me to read?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I just read and finished zero, and what the fuck did I just read? That ending didn't make any damn sense whatsoever.

Holy shit, you actually went through with reading the manga? Lol.

Crazily enough, it isn't bad. There are some very poignant moments alongside the perverted fun. There's also like, actual arcs that are at least partially serious.

I still don't know if I'd call it "good". Nothing lower than average though. I put it on the same level as the original To Love Ru.

I just read and finished zero, and what the fuck did I just read? That ending didn't make any damn sense whatsoever.

The Im Dal Young Zero? What did you think of the forced sister rape?

Noirulus

Crazily enough, it isn't bad. There are some very poignant moments alongside the perverted fun. There's also like, actual arcs that are at least partially serious.

I still don't know if I'd call it "good". Nothing lower than average though. I put it on the same level as the original To Love Ru.

Now there's a surprise. At least you're enjoying it, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom