• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

No One Piece is like going to a fast food restaurant and only getting fries (Naruto) and a drink (Bleach) without the burger (One Piece).

Alternatively, OP could be the drink to wash away the bad taste of said burger & fries.

I wonder when the day will come when Beam/BO end up disliking a Bleach/OP chapter of your magnitude.

survivor

Banned
Naruto manga is in a such sad state that we are wasting time discussing the location of a random bar just added for a throwaway flashback.

Big One

Banned
Naruto F-

What the fuck is this YGO bullshit? So Sasuke was now just strolling in Kohona with Tobi? Why didn't anyone, like, sense this?

This was a lot of, "YO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, I HAVE PAIN TOO INSIDE MAI HEART" stupid shit in this chapter. Kabuto's backstory is so hilariously random and terribly written they have absolutely no point at being there at all since there isn't any character development or growth going on.

Bleach B

Pretty good. Orihime's thighs - goddamn, son. I just want to press my face against them.

Chapter is good set up for the current arc, but where did Urahara go?

I don't know... there's some pretty damning evidence that states otherwise.

At last the traitor died.

-He is a traitor to leaf ninja, Cloud or Sand ninja's would not say this (they might, but it's not likely)

He's the most atrocious villain in the village's history.
-Ninja's from other countries would certainly not say "the village" if they were talking about konoha.

The country and the village (blah blah blah)
-Again, I don't think ninja's from another village would be "that vague."

Stop it... even if they blah blah blah the top brass of the village will just deny it. Not even the current hokage knows about it.

It had to be konoha. I think Kishi just fucked up.
I think you need to ly dow or something.

Konoha ninjas not in Konoha

Desmond

Naruto F-

What the fuck is this YGO bullshit? So Sasuke was now just strolling in Kohona with Tobi? Why didn't anyone, like, sense this?

Christ on a bike. They were in a bar. There were Konoha ninjas in the bar. That doesn't mean they were in Konoha.

Big One

Banned
Christ on a bike. They were in a bar. There were Konoha ninjas in the bar. That doesn't mean they are in Konoha.
Where have we ever seen a group of Konoha ninjas dressed in Konoha gear in a casual bar ever in the entire series, outside of Konoha?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
damn Community swamp this thread has been sentenced too. Its like... more clicks away hnnngh.

I forgot there was no OP this week. :(

Naruto
So if Izanagi made you intangible to attacks, is Izanami going to be the opposited and just explode every single molecule around the user in like some sort of ninja nuclear fusion? Terrible anyway.

Bleach
Its so bizarre seeing Kubo go back to completely abandoned characters all at once one after the other. Its really jarring. Not entirely sure why he's stretching out the THEY'RE FUCKING QUINCYS reveal either. Can't wait for the Ishida shocked eyes panel. Hopefully someone disappears and reappears right behind him just to deliver it like a dick up his arse.

Desmond

Where have we ever seen a group of Konoha ninjas dressed in Konoha gear in a casual bar ever in the entire series, outside of Konoha?

When Naruto roamed with Jiraiya. Tsunade, Shizune, Naruto and Jiraiya were in a bar, albeit without the Konoha garb, but they are easily recognisable as Konoha ninja.

If there were more than 4 ninja in the bar I'd have doubted myself, but it most definitely a four-man cell relaxing after a mission (with a bingo book) until proven otherwise.

Sorry

Naruto There was no action, no plot progression other than the announcement of ANOTHER eye technique. Listen, guys you know me; I'm a Naruto fanboy at heart, and I rarely cry "Ass pull." IZANAMI IS A HUGE ASS PULL. Man, this is so fucked up.

This chapter may mean nothing to you guys, but to me its like a STAB in the back...I trusted Kishi.

Looking at DTL's post right now, I now know without a doubt he's a grade A troll. Or stone cold fucking crazy, either way, his description for this chapter is repugnant.

I dont think Kishimoto is the one to blame here. After reading through 580 chapters, Im quite sure he knows what his most ardent of readers have come to expect. I loved the chapter and so did the others, thought covertly. I think its just really a fault of having maligned fanfiction level expectations really. Kishimoto even gave a forwarning of what this year would be of in Naruto.

Plot did progress, Sasuke will learn the truth and continue on his path of redemption, thats all we wanted.

On Izanami, we havent even see what it can do yet, give it a chance, dattebayo.

Naruto F-

I dont remember people raising alarms when Itachi and Kisame were in Konoha, in a restaurant too, in part 1 of Naruto, initially. Consistency.

same as what desmond said. is it really that hard to believe that ninja from another village can be in another village chilling? on the return leg from a mission?

really?

Big One

Banned
If there were more than 4 ninja in the bar I'd have doubted myself, but it most definitely a four-man cell relaxing after a mission (with a bingo book) until proven otherwise.
No it's a four man cell chilling in a Konoha bar until proven otherwise. They're openly talking about stuff that should be private about Konoha. Remember that other ninja nations were territorial enemies, so you can't just talk about Konoha so casually. The whole point of this arc is to show them united after years of struggle. It makes no sense for them to be in another country casually spilling a part of their history in a bar that doesn't exist in the village itself.

Maybe not Konoha, but in the Land of Fire or whatever the fuck it called. Still counts. Sasuke spent an entire arc staying out of the Land of Fire cause he was being covert.

Steroyd

I don't know... there's some pretty damning evidence that states otherwise.

At last the traitor died.

-He is a traitor to leaf ninja, Cloud or Sand ninja's would not say this (they might, but it's not likely)

He's the most atrocious villain in the village's history.
-Ninja's from other countries would certainly not say "the village" if they were talking about konoha.

The country and the village (blah blah blah)
-Again, I don't think ninja's from another village would be "that vague."

Stop it... even if they blah blah blah the top brass of the village will just deny it. Not even the current hokage knows about it.

It had to be konoha. I think Kishi just fucked up.

At that point in the series Sasuske was in "Destroy Konoha" mode, he'd make some goddamn noise if he was physically in Konoha.

No it's a four man cell chilling in a Konoha bar until proven otherwise. They're openly talking about stuff that should be private about Konoha. Remember that other ninja nations were territorial enemies, so you can't just talk about Konoha so casually. The whole point of this arc is to show them united after years of struggle. It makes no sense for them to be in another country casually spilling a part of their history in a bar that doesn't exist in the village itself.

Maybe not Konoha, but in the Land of Fire or whatever the fuck it called. Still counts. Sasuke spent an entire arc staying out of the Land of Fire cause he was being covert.

talking about a dead traitor who was with an organization consisting of traitors(almost all of them dead) from all the villages is supposed to be private?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Eye hacks. The solution to all ninja problems.

PK Gaming

I fucked up

67c6b_ORIG-I_Ain_t_Even_Mad.jpg

Big One

Banned
I really think that those ninja's are gonna give a shit because every other ninja already knows the same info.
The problem isn't the info they're stating, it's the location. If they aren't in the Land of Fire, just being openly Konoha ninjas will fuck you up and get you killed. Not to mention the front of the bar looks like the average house you'd see in Konoha, when we already know that other houses in the other villages look drastically different.

And if it was a random bar, why was Tobi and Sasuke being covert? Tobi would've normally let Sasuke have his day on these ninja.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach
This arc is, once again, following the original Soul Society arc pattern completely. Only this time its Urahara instead of Yoruichi helping out. Oh well, at least its way better paced than the last Hueco Mundo arc so far.

Also, did ANYONE without boobs and a vagina survive the last arc? We already know that all of the female characters survived at the very least.

Peshe and Dondachakka are alive and Grimmjow is the only espada unaccounted for. He is most likely alive. Gentambain is still alive as well. Yammy´s dog is alive.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One thing I like about this Bleach arc so far outside of the massively improved pacing is the violence on screen. It's one thing to say "people are getting murked" but when Kubo has been showing arms, legs, holes in bodies, decapitations, an actual shinigami death, bodies all over the place...man, what the fuck. Shit is getting real and the war is still not here yet.

That FKT shit was just a tournament in the sky. This shit feels like a real war is brewing.

Holy fucking Shit...Izanami?! Really, Kishimoto? Fucking really? What's the point of anything if Sharingan can do all this hocus pocus bullshit?

Naruto

Oh it's that time again. Time to retcon in random flashbacks and new broken abilities.

Bleach

wait... what? Dont' hollows eat people and isn't ichigo's job to cut these down??

And... hollow concentration camps?

The problem isn't the info they're stating, it's the location. If they aren't in the Land of Fire, just being openly Konoha ninjas will fuck you up and get you killed. Not to mention the front of the bar looks like the average house you'd see in Konoha, when we already know that other houses in the other villages look drastically different.

And if it was a random bar, why was Tobi and Sasuke being covert? Tobi would've normally let Sasuke have his day on these ninja.
wrong. Sure villages will always try to get an advantages over each other but for a village to openly kill another village's ninja would probably taken as a sign of war.

The village(and the land that surrounds them) politics aren't as cut throat as you're making them out to be.

One thing I like about this Bleach arc so far outside of the massively improved pacing is the violence on screen. It's one thing to say "people are getting murked" but when Kubo has been showing arms, legs, holes in bodies, decapitations, an actual shinigami death, bodies all over the place...man, what the fuck. Shit is getting real and the war is still not here yet.

That FKT shit was just a tournament in the sky. This shit feels like a real war is brewing.
I disagree, I haven't really seen anything really different in Bleach;s structure so far. Just the same ol' beginning of the arc bleach.

Big One

Banned
wrong. Sure villages will always try to get an advantages over each other but for a village to openly kill another village's ninja would probably taken as a sign of war.

The village(and the land that surrounds them) politics aren't as cut throat as you're making them out to be.
So why exactly were they having problems, then? Do you even pay attention to the actual storyline of Naruto whatsoever?

Akainu

I just don't understand it why would Soul Society just let these fools live? I'm disappointed in you Yama-jii. Should have just killed those idiots.

Bleach
tumblr_m1yq3eVECA1qc3ylgo1_500.jpg

Urahara on the fighting force this time around in Hueco Mundo is actually pretty good. Putting him on location ought to mean that his Bankai will actually be necessary. Im guessing the plot is to capture Arrancar then in turn transport them to Soul Society and start a war, pretty compelling if Sereitei will serve as the location of it all. Unless somehow we actually go to where the antagonist is?

Favorite part was, as usual, Ichigo's expressions.

Did that nobody just bad mouth Aizen-sama?

lol, its kind of funny for the characters to speak ill of Aizen, when I highly doubt these fodder level characters could even compare. Though someone must not have filled him in that Aizen had struck down TIER Halibel. So his majesty doing the same thing isnt all that special.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I disagree, I haven't really seen anything really different in Bleach;s structure so far. Just the same ol' beginning of the arc bleach.
Eh? This kind of violence hasn't been shown in Bleach's prior arcs. Not in such a concentration over the course of such a few panels.

The pacing, week by week, hasn't been like this either.

Just 4 or 5 chapters ago, we didn't even know the enemy, Ichigo and company were chilling in Ichigo's room eating bread and a new villain (who is by now, dead) arrives. Now, they are in Hueco Mundo about to infiltrate, with Urahara at their side, no less. Not to mention shit is going down in Soul Society too. If this were the HM type pacing, we would've gotten about 3 chapters devoted to those schmucks coming into Yama's room and having Sasakibe or whoever die.

Yes, the formula for the arc is thus far the same as previous ones, but the makings of it have been different in the two ways I mentioned, and I think it's for the better.
Bleach
Wtf is going on?! They're hollows! Why are you saving them?! Who gives a shit?!
I don't see why a Shonen protagonist helping a friend is so surprising...

So why exactly were they having problems, them? Do you even pay attention to the actual storyline of Naruto whatsoever?
which problems exactly? the only problems involving villages in Naruto were:

-sand and sound attacking Konoha. The only reason why this even happened was because Orochimaru manipulated their lord and impersonated their Kazekage.Konoha and the sand are allies now.

-Most villages were threatened by AKatuki which lead to the Akatsuki meetup

-The only village that has been constantly assholes is the Raikage's village who tried to kidnap Hinata.When Hinata's dad killed the ninja, the village was threatening war against Konoha but gave them Neji's dad instead.(death=war)

No village would openly kill another village's ninja because they know what the repercussions would be.

Eh? This kind of violence hasn't been shown in Bleach's prior arcs. Not in such a concentration over the course of such a few panels.

Just 4 or 5 chapters ago, we didn't even know the enemy, Ichigo and company were chilling in Ichigo's room eating bread and a new villain (who is by now, dead) arrives. Now, they are in Hueco Mundo about to infiltrate, with Urahara at their side, no less. Not to mention shit is going down in Soul Society too. If this were the HM type pacing, we would've gotten about 3 chapters devoted to those schmucks coming into Yama's room and having Sasakibe or whoever die.

Yes, the formula for the arc is thus far the same as previous ones, but the makings of it have been different in the two ways I mentioned, and I think it's for the better.
sure, we haven't seen bodies laid out like that before but dismemberment isn;t new to Bleach so I'm not sure if that panel with the dead peeps is supposed to impress me.

What I meant by the same old bleach is that the beginnings of arcs are always pretty fast paced, like the fullbringer arc if I remember it correctly. I had high hopes for the FB arc but it fizzled out pretty quickly.

I wasn't aware little chibi lolis were now "hot"

Nell has to 2 forms it's every mans dream hot chibi loli and hot older woman lol .

Yeah i think the better pacing is also thanks to him going back to places we have already been no need to reintroduce stuff .
Just get straight to the point which is what he is doing while bring back some old characters .

Quit nitpicking.

http://i.imgur.com/EbGKn.jpg[/ig]

Just realised, if Amaterasu+Tsukyomi (however you spell it) = Susano'o

What does Izanagi+Izanami equal?[/quote]
whatever it is, multiply it's strength by 2 because it's gonna be Sasuke's equalizer in his fight with Naruto.

[quote="Zoramon089, post: 36647573"][b]Naruto[/b]
How many more powers will the sharingan gain? Remember when the byakugan was supposed to be the strongest eyes?[/quote]
the only thing said about the Byakugan's prowess was that it beats the sharingan in terms of perception because you know it can, like zoom in and out along with 359 degree vision.

Kusagari

Naruto:

What a shit fucking chapter. And another Sharingan technique?! Color me shocked!

Bleach:

I'm not even going to lie. This chapter was great. I do wonder what Harribel's fraccion were doing this entire time though. And did this loser just badmouth Aizen and then say he's dead?

I can't wait for Aizen to show up and own these n00bs.

Desmond

Holy shit, just reading up on Shinto mythology, really interesting.

In Japanese mythology, Susanoo, the powerful storm of Summer, is the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. All three were born from Izanagi, when he washed his face clean of the pollutants of Yomi, the underworld. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susanoo from the washing of the nose.

We have the above three in Naruto, but not this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto

It was imply but to bad Kakashi did not know how wrong he was .
Didn't Kakashi say the Sharingan is believed to have come from the Byakugan? He was probably misinformed. Kakashi thought the Sage was a myth afterall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom